Thread: Diamond Bynum intellectually disabled missing with 2yr old nephew.

Diamond Bynum intellectually disabled missing with 2yr old nephew.

It's been more than two weeks since Diamond Bynum and her nephew King Walker went missing from Gary, Indiana, but their family remains cautiously hopeful the pair will be found safe.
    "I can't lie, it's been really hard," Eugene Bynum, Jr., Diamond's father and King's grandfather, told Dateline NBC. "We're hopeful that we'll find them, but so much time as passed. It puts our whole family on edge."

Diamond and King were last seen on Saturday, July 25. Diamond, King and Eugene's wife reportedly took a nap that afternoon. But when she awoke, the two were gone. The family had recently moved to Gary. At their old home, Diamond was able to go on walks around their neighborhood because she knew the area. Now the family fears Diamond may have taken King on a walk and then became lost.

Another worry, according to the Bynum family, is that Diamond is mentally challenged and has been without her medication. "Her medication is very serious. She needs it to function correctly and without it, it can really affect her moods and thinking," said Eugene.King visits his grandparents and aunt Diamond every weekend, while his mom commutes to Chicago to attend beautician classes. "Diamond loves when King comes over. They are really close. She's very protective of him," Eugene says.

Search crews from multiple police departments have been aiding in the search that's now expanded outside of Gary into Hammond and other nearby towns. Police have reportedly been searching abandoned buildings and homes, focusing on the west side of the city.

There have also been several reported sightings of the two - eating a week ago at a nearby McDonalds, at a bus station in nearby Hammond asking for money - but none has been confirmed, police say.

Although information is scare, the community has seemed to come out in full force to offer whatever aid they can. A Facebook group created last week, 'Help Find Diamond Bynum & King Walker', has garnered nearly 3,500 members, many posting asking how to help and where they can meet up to search.

"The community has been amazing and we just want help finding our family members," said Eugene. "We want people to know how much we love and miss them and that we really need them home. And if Diamond sees this, to just call her dad. She knows my number by heart. We won't be mad. We just want you home."Diamond Bynum is described as 4'8" tall, weighing 230 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes, and was possibly last seen wearing a white t-shirt and purple pants. King Walker is described as 3' tall, weighing about 35 pounds, with black, dreadlocked hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt and red shorts.

If you have any information that can help bring Diamond and King home safely, please contact the Gary Police Department at (219) 881-1260. http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...nephew-n407306

August 24, 2015-Lake County Police have recovered a hard drive which Eugene Bynum believes may be crucial in the search for his daughter and grandson. Diamond Bynum and her nephew, 2 year old King Walker, went missing at approximately 11:00 a.m. on July 25. According to Mr. Bynum, dogs were used to track the scent of the duo and they stopped tracking near a GoLo gas station at the corner of 11th and Clark Road in Gary. Mr. Bynum believes that the computer at the gas station may contain footage of his daughter and grandson. Bynum says that police requested the video on several occasions and the gas station owners refused to turn it over. The situation gets dicey after that. The video of July 25, 2015 has been recorded over. The system at the gas station holds video for ten days due to storage limitations.
    The Gazette spoke via telephone with a man claiming to be the owner of the station. He stated that police had viewed the video on three separate occasions. A man named ?Mike?, who stated he was the manager of the station, told us that the police never requested the video and never viewed it. Police sources confirmed that the video was requested within the ten day time frame but police were told to come back and only later learned that the video had been deleted. Now it will be up to computer experts to determine if any data can be recovered.

Eugene Bynum expressed hope that this breakthrough would help find Diamond and King on his Facebook Page Help Find Diamond Bynum and King Walker

The GoLo gas station on 11th and Clark in Gary Indiana finally gave the Indiana County CSI police the computer that contains the hard drive we were requesting. The police informed us that they would go through the hard drive and do their best to retrieve the video images of Diamond and King. Finally, we may have a real clue. I pray that this video can lead us to them. It has been too long.
    It is amazing what you can do with GOD and a handful of volunteers. I am so thankful to them.
    The police are working very hard to locate my daughter and my grandson, Diamond Bynum and King Walker. But they have to follow certain guide lines. The volunteers and I boycotted them for 1 day and a half and they were literally begging for us to come get the hard drive. I had to explain to them multiple times, that the police were the only one who could take take it. They kept lying and saying that they called the police to pick it up. We informed them that we would continue to boycott until the video was in police custody. They finally came out and made the call in front of us. We continued to boycott, but this time the call was real. They gave the police the whole computer. So now I am waiting, praying that this is the break we need to find King and Diamond.

Crews will meet at 300 W. 21st Avenue in Gary at Noon on August 25 to resume the search. Family members are asking for help from anyone who can come out and aid in the search. If you cannot come out to Gary, the family asks that you print the attached flyer and hand it out to businesses in your area: HELP BRING DIAMOND BYNUM AND KING WALKER HOME FLYER.http://nwigazette.com/2015/08/police...g-walker-case/
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/305402219583398
    Dad : https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...842645&fref=nf
    Mum: https://m.facebook.com/lashanno2
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 08-28-2015 at 02:16 AM.

I'm confused...do they know who they think has them or not?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I don't think so, I think the dad has taken a comment made by police and ran with it. I don't know how they could possibly know that a sex offender has them.... If you know this then go get her.
    What's troubling me is the police have called off all searches lack of resources amd saying that the child is with his aunt so is not in danger, um she has the mental capacity of a SEVEN YEAR OLD ! so in effect there is a 7yr old and a 2 yr old missing and after just a month they give up looking WTF ?!
    If a non custodial parent "takes" a child all hell breaks lose .... I don't get it

Updated:

Maybe they do think they know, but they can't find him. I just found this article but it won't let me copy paste the article, here's the link http://m.nwitimes.com/news/local/lak...ile_touch=true

This is him : https://m.facebook.com/terrancedolla...s?fref=ts&_rdr

Article Re called off search
    http://m.nwitimes.com/news/local/lak...ile_touch=true
    "Her father, Eugene Bynum Jr., said he was told police were turning their focus to area sex offenders as the investigation continues.

It wasn't until recently that Bynum discovered how many sex offenders live around his home in the Brunswick neighborhood. The family moved to Gary from Hammond in February to save up money to buy a home.

According to the Lake County Sheriff's Department website, there are 21 registered offenders living within a mile of the Bynum home."

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...449a85
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 08-28-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Dbl

I don't understand why they did at least issue an Amber Alert for the little boy.

Something doesn't make sense in this story.

Earlier this month, Gary police were looking to talk with a 34-year-old Gary man about the disappearance, but Westerfield said he is no longer being sought.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...828-story.html

Holy double fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I don't understand why they did at least issue an Amber Alert for the little boy.

Something doesn't make sense in this story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...828-story.html

Diamonds family has been trying to have one issued since day one , apparently they don't meet the criteria

In short if he wants one issued he has to report king as kidnapped. Thus making his daughter a kidnapper exposing her too big jail time and a criminal record for life.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...829-story.html
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 08-30-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Man that's shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Fucking hell this poor family. That is RIDICULOUS!! Surely there's something police can do to get around it in a situation like this. It's not as if Diamond is the only adult in the U.S who is challenged in this way.

If something terrible is happening/has happened to these TWO very young children this obstructive police dept needs to take responsibility for their deliberate inaction.

I mean, how do they know he is actually currently with the girl. She could have left him anywhere and he could have actually been snatched by someone. At least send one out for him. Also, don't they do amber alerts for kidnappers who are known? Like a family member? Why not just go with she kidnapped him and sort it all when they are found. I can't see their reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I know they have a silver alert if an elderly person is missing, do they not have an amber alert they can combine with another alert for a mentally handicapped person? I guess maybe since no one saw them leave together that's why the police won't issue one?

These parents have to be worried sick.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

ok I just reread the article. A silver alert is for a mentally handicapped person. I have seen them on flashing billboards on the highway, and they almost always have a license plate number on them.
    I actually got an amber alert for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully they found the girl safe.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-31-2015 at 08:57 AM.

About time !
    Silver Alert in effect for missing 21-year-old Gary woman
    GARY, Ind. (Sept. 2, 2015) – A Silver Alert is in effect for a missing Gary woman who was last seen in July.

Gary police are investigating the disappearance of Diamond Bynum, 21, who was last seen on Saturday, July 25, and may need medical attention. Police said she’s 4’8” and 238 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Her last known location was 529 Matthews Street in Gary.

Bynum may be with 2-year-old King Walker, who’s about 3 feet tall and 35 pounds.

Anyone with information should contact the Gary Police Department by calling 219-881-1260.
    http://fox59.com/2015/09/02/silver-a...ld-gary-woman/

Dbl
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 09-02-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    About time !
    Silver Alert in effect for missing 21-year-old Gary woman
    GARY, Ind. (Sept. 2, 2015) ? A Silver Alert is in effect for a missing Gary woman who was last seen in July.

Gary police are investigating the disappearance of Diamond Bynum, 21, who was last seen on Saturday, July 25, and may need medical attention. Police said she?s 4?8? and 238 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Her last known location was 529 Matthews Street in Gary.

Bynum may be with 2-year-old King Walker, who?s about 3 feet tall and 35 pounds.

Anyone with information should contact the Gary Police Department by calling 219-881-1260.
    http://fox59.com/2015/09/02/silver-a...ld-gary-woman/
    It's about time. Gary sucks.

Crazy, by now I wouldn't be surprised if her and the kid aren't together.... Anything could of happened. The poor family !

So sad, I can't believe how slowly the police acted in this case considering all the circumstances.
    I've been following the Facebook page NOTHING has happened in months. Nothing unearthed , no new leads, no new cause for fresh hope Nothing... They just vanished

Missing one year today ! Where on earth could they be ?!

I was really hoping for a happy ending.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Me too. Now im wondeting how far water is from where they disappeared, so sad.

Here's an interview with the family. So sad.
    "King is now 3 — would anyone even recognize him anymore? And no one's ever offered to do an age progression for him," she said. "We don't want 13 years to go by without having answers or help. It's a nightmare."

For his part, Eugene Bynum said he has had enough.

"We're beyond frustrated. I was quiet for a long time because I thought it was being taken care of, but I don't believe it anymore," he said. "No one's trying to find them."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...725-story.html

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor family.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Here's an interview with the family. So sad.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...725-story.html
    Someone falsely confessed to taking these two? I missed that.

This poor family. The police really failed them in the beginning. I still hope these two are found alive and well.

I really hope the family gets closure in this case. I belong to their missing FB group, and even though I'm anti-fb I check for updates. I really hope they are alive and ok...though that's probably not the case.

Thread Information