Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Mott (25) died from Cystic Fibrosis and her remains were stolen from the funeral home

Yeah, it seems pretty outlandish that instead of accidentally creating the body, someone broke into a funeral home and stole it out from under their noses. #occamsrazor
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I am seriously surprised I have not heard any stories about stealing her organs. They would not be usable for transplant, but many people don't know/realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

The most logical answer is the theory key west had. The funeral home f'ed up.

Shins- yes, there is a dick tips.
    His real first name is Richard, but he prefers dick.

My own husband is a Richard. He prefers Jason. Men must hate the name Richard.
    He does have a t shirt that says "don't be a Richard" which my girls tells me it means...don't be a dick.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    The most logical answer is the theory key west had. The funeral home f'ed up.

Shins- yes, there is a dick tips.
    His real first name is Richard, but he prefers dick.

My own husband is a Richard. He prefers Jason. Men must hate the name Richard.
    He does have a t shirt that says "don't be a Richard" which my girls tells me it means...don't be a dick.
    Actually, his real first name is Robert. The douchbag chose "Dick".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I agree the funeral home is at fault. I won't be surprised to hear a story that the funeral home doesn't send bodies out for cremation and have them piled up in someone's backyard. I think that actually happened in Georgia.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Well, it is easier to say "Dick Tips" than "Bob Tips." I was saying it out loud and ended up saying "Bobbits." I wonder how the Bobbits are doing these days.

Oops. There went my theory.

Close enough I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbroken1 View Post
    I never said that she was left in a hallway overnight but I've heard that as well...

<<snipped>>

Oops, thought I fucked up for a second, but I must've read Olivia's before I read yours -

(edit : she has a link to the original quote at the end of her post & just for the record everyone, I changed the bolding in Olivia's post so that it was relevant for this reply).

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Dick Tips to the rescue! Also, WTF? They left her in a hallway overnight on purpose?!?!?!

Friends and family of a woman whose body disappeared from a San Antonio funeral home in August are still scouring the city for her remains.

Julie Mott, 25, died on Aug. 8 from cystic fibrosis. Her funeral was held at the Mission Park Funeral Chapel North Facility, 3401 Cherry Ridge Drive, on Aug. 15. Workers at the funeral home wheeled the casket holding Mott's body into a rear hallway of the facility after her services concluded. When they returned the next day, Mott's body was gone.

We haven't stopped searching, said Mission Park Funeral Chapels owner Robert "Dick" Tips.

Tips, a longtime friend of the Mott family, said he and others have been relentlessly chasing down leads that have come in through the San Antonio Police Department.

"We feel pretty comfortable that we know who it might be," he said. "It's a process. It's like a puzzle. You have to fill in the blanks and make sure you eliminate everybody."

While the search for Mott's body has extended from San Antonio to Austin, Tips said most of the search efforts have centered around Walker Ranch Historic Landmark Park on the city?s North Side.

Police said the case is being investigated as abuse of a corpse, a Class A misdemeanor, but more charges could follow as authorities continue to gather more information.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...-s-6534758.php

Hmm, I have a feeling Dick doesn't actually want to eliminate everybody who should be eliminated because that will only leave him & his employees who can't be 100% eliminated.

If he's really done what KWD suggested, there may never be a resolution to this. Can cremains be DNA tested? Would anything survive at those temperatures - even assuming there's anything to test? They may not want to conduct the tests even if it is a possibility because testing is potentially going to distress 6 more families

I'm really sorry you're all having to deal with this too Heartbroken1. Whatever the situation between you & her family, you were all grieving & now you're dealing with this as well. I hope that as time passes they can see what we see, which is the possibility that there's someone with a much stronger & more tangible (ie financial) reason to lie about what happened to Julie - I mean, the guy's entire business slogan is based around the premise that your loved one never leaves his care.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-12-2015 at 11:04 AM.

I believe that cremains still have bits of bone in them, but if they can be DNA tested, I don't know. I believe you need marrow to do that. And even if they can, did they isolate the "scatters" from that day? I would think that if they wanted to cover up a mistake that they would dispose of them as quickly as possible.

I agree that I don't think they'll ever find a resolution to this which is sad, but the fact that they still haven't found her body is very telling. They searched his property and found nothing. It's not easy to stash a body somewhere when people are actively searching for it. Hopefully eventually people will realize how preposterous that theory is and how logical the theory that they fucked up the cremains is and conclude what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I agree the funeral home is at fault. I won't be surprised to hear a story that the funeral home doesn't send bodies out for cremation and have them piled up in someone's backyard. I think that actually happened in Georgia.
    I actually linked that story recently - I think it was in the thread where the mother videoed EVERY aspect of her teenage daughter's funeral & uploaded it all to fb.

Edit : Also, I'm wondering how long before some "dick" turns up & yells at us for questioning whether there's really a new Count Carl-style stalker behind this disappearance.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-12-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Tips, a longtime friend of the Mott family, said he and others have been relentlessly chasing down leads that have come in through the San Antonio Police Department.
    It seems to me that Mr. Tips and his employees cannot be ruled out as suspects and she was lost under their care. For the police to feed leads to Mr. Tips would be ridiculously inappropriate and what police department doesn't follow up on their own leads and asks others to do their job of investigating.

I doubt any dna could be recovered from ashes, but if someone took Julie for a ride in their car, there could be some of her hairs in the car.

If they cremated her wouldn't they have some ashes laying around and just give it to the family saying its her? The family wouldn't be able to tell if it was her or another person they cremated that night.

I actually linked that story recently - I think it was in the thread where the mother videoed EVERY aspect of her teenage daughter's funeral & uploaded it all to fb.

Edit : Also, I'm wondering how long before some "dick" turns up & yells at us for questioning whether there's really a new Count Carl-style stalker behind this disappearance.
    Whaaaaa?? That's awful! I mean, I'd watch it ( a strangers, but not friends or family), but I think it would be traumatic for friends and family.

P.S. Did I need the apostrophe for "someones" in the post you quoted? I don't think I did. Or maybe I did.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley951 View Post
    If they cremated her wouldn't they have some ashes laying around and just give it to the family saying its her? The family wouldn't be able to tell if it was her or another person they cremated that night.

This would solve it, but I don't think the funeral home wants to take ANY responsibility for a fuck up. Deny, deny, deny.

The thing is; why even tell anyone the body was "missing?" The funeral was over and it was scheduled for cremation. Like ashley said, just give 'em some ashes and back to business as usual.

I'm not saying that would be the right thing to do, morally or ethically, but the funeral home could have done it and moved on without anyone knowing. Instead of being, "THE BODY IS MISSING BUT WE DIDN'T DO IT! SOME CREEPER OFF THE STREET STOLE THE BODY THAT ONLY WE HAD ACCESS TO!"

Quote Originally Posted by ashley951 View Post
    I was thinking this too, but my guess is that they didn't realize their fuck up until after they reported the body as missing. Too late then.

I was thinking this too, but my guess is that they didn't realize their fuck up until after they reported the body as missing. Too late then.
    Good point.

They could have back peddled a bit and said they actually did cremate her and provided the family some ashes. Maybe? :shrugs:

Wasn't it mentioned Julie's dad worked for Dick and was fired? Maybe Dick is dicking with the family because he's a dickhead. Like, maybe he purposely "lost" Julie to hurt her family? Maybe he didn't lose her and cremated her after all. That way a body can never be found and the family will forever be hurt?

What's what I was thinking. This Dick dude may have been living up to his name.

I went to high school with a kid named dick burns.

My sweet baby

I want to also thank you for not flipping out on us and our sense of humour. Julie and her story really struck me and I get the impression that she wouldn't be offended. You seem to know her well. Was she indeed like I pictured her to be?
    Yep...as you can imagine being born terminally ill forever changes you and everyone around you....

She's always been interested in stuff that just grosses me out.
    Blood alone freaks me out but Julie was one of those people that would YouTube cyst removals....

Ironically she was terrified of roaches though.

When I met her she was an assistant to a dental hygienist........bleeeccck!

Anyway, yeah....with the treatment she'd received from hospitals and doctors I'm sure she's starring down at us all now laughing her ass off and saying "figures".

CF is not very well known to the average nurse so you can imagine how her experience has been.

Imagine going in because you have 20% usage of your lungs and it takes 4 hours just for the referral to hit the pharmacy.

4 years ago we broke a lease to live on a ranch because we were offered a free house to live in while she trained horses. She hurt her back and doctors were more focused on handling the pain than fixing problem.

I'm sure most of you can see where I'm going with this.

She had quit the pain patch in order to even be considered for a transplant but the pain was too unbearable.

She decided the lungs should go to a healthier person.

....I've never prayed before in my life but now I have a reason.

Suffice it to say she was a fan of this site as well.

Yep...as you can imagine being born terminally ill forever changes you and everyone around you....

She's always been interested in stuff that just grosses me out.
    Blood alone freaks me out but Julie was one of those people that would YouTube cyst removals....

Ironically she was terrified of roaches though.

When I met her she was an assistant to a dental hygienist........bleeeccck!

Anyway, yeah....with the treatment she'd received from hospitals and doctors I'm sure she's starring down at us all now laughing her ass off and saying "figures".

CF is not very well known to the average nurse so you can imagine how her experience has been.

Imagine going in because you have 20% usage of your lungs and it takes 4 hours just for the referral to hit the pharmacy.
    I'm terrified of roaches too

I'm glad you came here and that you're sharing about Julie. I cannot imagine what she had to go through in life, but it seems like she made the absolute best of it regardless. I'm sorry she's gone.

Since we're not scrutinizing and you seem like you need an outlet, I hope you stick around for a while. That's how many of us ended up here. Looking up loved ones or others that shared common feelings or problems. Hang in there.

Suffice it to say she was a fan of this site as well.
    Wow. Was she a member? I am sorry for your loss.

Just reading the theory that she got cremated and wasn't labeled so Dick Tips came up with some story her body was stolen to avoid it looking like it was all his fault that he didn't have her remains to give to the family. Seems possible but wouldn't it have been better at that point, to just, um, give her family "remains" (maybe part of someone else's) and just pretend they were hers? I mean, that is a messed up thing to do but obviously if this guy is lying about her body being stolen he is a messed up guy. If he had went that way instead then this whole thing would've been avoided...

Heartbroken, I'm so sorry for your loss and it sucks they are basically blaming you when they have no evidence...

ETA: I see others above had the same thought as me, I posted this before reading the last page. Oops.
    Last edited by Nic B; 10-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Looking at her page, it seems like her brother is very sure that her body was stolen. Not sure why he can be so sure. For some reason I can only see his posts and not the ones of others where they ask him questions, but reading his answers it looks like someone asked why they chose to go to Dick Tips (guessing because they weren't on good terms):

Jon Mott to ‎Julie Mott

October 10 at 8:23am ? Macdona, TX ?

For the record, regardless of what you may read on Facebook or anywhere else, my baby sister Julie was stolen from the funeral home. She wasn't moved or misplaced by the funeral home. She was stolen by a very selfish person or persons. We don't know who did it but we will find out. We will get her back. And the person or persons will be dealt with accordingly.

21 people like this.

Comments

Jon Mott It's been almost two months, all avenues have been explored.

2 ? October 10 at 7:34am

Jon Mott Are you referring to Jimmy Willborn who's funeral was on the 14th and was buried on the 14th?

October 10 at 7:43am

Jon Mott Where? It's in his obit

October 10 at 7:55am

Jon Mott Maybe the funeral home wasn't as secure as it should have been but they didn't lose her. All evidence points to her being stolen. Did you receive a complaint number from the TFSC?

1 ? October 10 at 8:05am

Jon Mott I just had a conversation with the owner of Mission Park, they would have been notified of a complaint within 24 to 48 hours. Yet they haven't heard anything. When did you file this complaint?

October 10 at 8:26am

Jon Mott You're right. For a time that's the way it was. But people change. Situations change. People learn to put differences aside. I'm wondering why that has anything to do with finding Julie?

October 10 at 10:27am

Jon Mott When you walk into your daughter's room to find her dead and you know someone in the funeral business, wouldn't you call him? It's not a good time to dwell on the past. As for the searches, the reason the press was there the first time was due to us finding a body. The second was to raise awareness that we haven't given up. But there have been many others that the press wasn't there for.

Won't post everything, but it's odd that it looks like others are posting under his name....seems like even though it looks like it is coming from him it is someone else. Hard to explain but if you go and read you will see what I mean...

ETA: never mind, looks like her brother was deleting someone's posts...someone named Bill who seems like is trying to say it was Mission Park's fault/mess up or someone on the inside. Her brother keeps saying he thinks it's someone not on the inside and has a good idea who, I think we know who he is talking about. At least he isn't mentioning names. He does say that the PI should call Dick with info and not the cops...wtf?? They are backing Dick up so much that it is scary and could totally mess with the investigation.
    Last edited by Nic B; 10-12-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

For real thought, where is the surveillance footage? There must be some, somewhere!

Thread Information