Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3781

Thread: Julie Mott (25) died from Cystic Fibrosis and her remains were stolen from the funeral home

But the jury made one thing clear: They did not believe Wilburn — or anyone else — stole her body, an allegation the company made from the start.

The panel was specifically asked, “Did either John Doe or Bill Wilburn unlawfully appropriate the body of Julie Mott with the intent to deprive Tim and Sharlotte Mott of the remains?” They answered “no” beside both.
    [/B]

I thought both sides agreed the body was stolen.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen112202 View Post
    But the jury made one thing clear: They did not believe Wilburn — or anyone else — stole her body, an allegation the company made from the start.

The panel was specifically asked, “Did either John Doe or Bill Wilburn unlawfully appropriate the body of Julie Mott with the intent to deprive Tim and Sharlotte Mott of the remains?” They answered “no” beside both.
    [/B]

Both sides WANTED to blame him. With how shoddy he ran that place, I'm certain that what I've believed from the start happened. She was cremated and lost. Not marked properly and is probably sitting on some stranger's mantle right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm delighted. Dick Tips is obviously a smarmy asswipe that ran a hack funeral home. Losing a shipment of tomatoes is one thing, losing people's loved ones (multiple times) is a whole other thing. You'd think after the first time he'd straighten out his business practices, but nope. He didn't even take care of the basics like the alarm and keys and he flat out lied about using outside services.

Can you imagine how MANY people throughout 2 decades have had that alarm code? Forget stealing bodies, they could go in there and steal any number of people's jewelry and personal property. Fucknut.
    I agree with The Babe here in that this family deserves every pennt of that settlement. Can you imagine what they've been through? This had to be nightmarish for them. It's bad enough these parents lost their daughter, but with the shitty half-assed practices of Dick "Just The" Tips and his sorryexcuse for a funeral home they had to deal with not knowing what happened to her remains.

I lost both of my grandmothers in 2017, and I have to say that both funeral homes were nothing less than stellar. Funeral directors have a large responsibility in taking care of families in the toughest times. If it weren't for the Funeral Directors we dealt with (especially for my mom's mother) I don't know what we would have done especially with me being as far away as I was. I can'timagine what would have happened if we'd been saddled with a sack of shit like Dick Tips and I'm sorry this family had to go through all of this.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Both sides WANTED to blame him. With how shoddy he ran that place, I'm certain that what I've believed from the start happened. She was cremated and lost. Not marked properly and is probably sitting on some stranger's mantle right now.
    And idk what point Dicky Tips & Co were trying to make by pointing the finger at Bill. The fact is- this funeral home somehow ?lost? Julie?s body. And that?s what the lawsuit was about, right? The fact that they were negligent, regardless of what actually happened to her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    And idk what point Dicky Tips & Co were trying to make by pointing the finger at Bill. The fact is- this funeral home somehow ?lost? Julie?s body. And that?s what the lawsuit was about, right? The fact that they were negligent, regardless of what actually happened to her body.

Actually, the point of the lawsuit was to prove the funeral home was negligent, regardless of who stole the body. The plaintiffs didn't even suggest her disappearance could have been caused by a mistake.

Though no one has ever been charged with taking the body, both defense and plaintiff's attorneys agree that Mott's body was stolen.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/julie-mott...into-courtroom

Not sure what the jury thinks happened, considering no evidence was presented to indicate there could have been a mix-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I feel so sorry for the Mott?s still though. Money doesn?t make up for the fact you don?t know where your daughter is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygo View Post
    I feel so sorry for the Mott?s still though. Money doesn?t make up for the fact you don?t know where your daughter is.
    The money should go towards therapy and don't forget, Mr. Mott had a heart attack Friday. They may never find Julie's remains, but as long as they have not, they need therapy and whatever is needed for Mr. Mott to recover from his heart attack. You also have to remember Julie's body is probably the only missing dead body in the state of Texas. No telling if therapy will help them cope due to this fact. Just my two cents.

Imo, the Motts should take some of this money, rent a cadaver dog and handler, and go through all the properties Bill has flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Endnote View Post
    Imo, the Motts should take some of this money, rent a cadaver dog and handler, and go through all the properties Bill has flipped.
    Absolutely! They should also check old cemeteries between San Antonio and Austin.

So happy the Mott's have received this verdict. It really is the least that they deserve. I just hope that poor Julie's remains are returned to them someday (although not knowing a great deal about enbalming, decomposition, etc - I've no idea what would be left.)

Also hope that the funeral home goes belly up. Someone as reckless with their business as Dick Tips has proven to be - especially this type of business! - should not be tasked with handling the remains of people's loved ones.

But the jury made one thing clear: They did not believe Wilburn ? or anyone else ? stole her body, an allegation the company made from the start.

The panel was specifically asked, ?Did either John Doe or Bill Wilburn unlawfully appropriate the body of Julie Mott with the intent to deprive Tim and Sharlotte Mott of the remains?? They answered ?no? beside both.
    [/B]

Semantics... you could answer no to both believing that the body was stolen for reasons unrelated to the intent to deprive the motts of the remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Absolutely! They should also check old cemeteries between San Antonio and Austin.
    I saw that shortly after all this happened, Bill had taken a road trip and posted pics off a dirt road in Arizona and also checked into Las Vegas...lots of hiding places in the dessert

This is one of the shittiest ways ever to come by $8million. I hope they can enjoy it a little at some point

Also, jfc that dog story

I thought that finally, 100+ pages in, Bill had taken our advice & stopped talking.

But nah.

I really should've known better

Edit

& since we've kind of kept track of cases of corruption/abuse in the funeral/morgue industries in this thread, here's a couple of recent ones I don't think have been linked yet

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/551306...ekaeva-sacked/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1FX2W7
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-16-2018 at 03:46 AM.

What the shit did I just spend the last three days of my life reading?

Dick Tips

Crazy stalker ex who seems like the drunken version of Dawson crying in his row boat waiting for Joey to pay attention to him

Missing body of a sweet girl who suffered from a horrible illness is missing.

Mittens?? Seriously? What does that even mean?

I don't even know what to say. This thread is as funny as it is horrifically sad. That poor family.

I wish that phone number worked. I would so call drunk Dawson just for laughs.

Eight million isn't enough to cover the therapy that family will need after all this trauma.

My first ever post. Sorry if I messed up formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by OldeMoney View Post
    What the shit did I just spend the last three days of my life reading?

Dick Tips

Crazy stalker ex who seems like the drunken version of Dawson crying in his row boat waiting for Joey to pay attention to him

Missing body of a sweet girl who suffered from a horrible illness is missing.

Mittens?? Seriously? What does that even mean?

I don't even know what to say. This thread is as funny as it is horrifically sad. That poor family.

I wish that phone number worked. I would so call drunk Dawson just for laughs.

Eight million isn't enough to cover the therapy that family will need after all this trauma.

My first ever post. Sorry if I messed up formatting.
    Welcome to MDS! You picked quite the initiation thread

Thanks BostonBabe. Also a MA gal. Glad to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldeMoney View Post
    Dick Tips
    Still the most jerk off name I've ever heard of.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Still the most jerk off name I've ever heard of.
    This is probably the single solitary thing in this thread that everyone 100% agrees on.

No, her remains haven?t been found, BUT... Heartbroken8675309 got fined + a couple days in lockup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mys...o-12801605.php

Julie Mott's ex-boyfriend sentenced for trespassing at funeral home where her body disappeared
    Caleb Downs
    April 3, 2018

Julie Mott's ex-boyfriend was sentenced to two days in jail last week after he pleaded guilty to trespassing on the property of Mission Park, a local funeral home that a jury recently found was negligent in the disappearance of Mott's body.

Bill Wilburn was charged with criminal trespass in June 2016, about a year after Mott's body went missing from her casket. Following the disappearance, Wilburn began harassing several people involved in the case in an effort to get more information.

According to one police report, Wilburn called Mission Park staff more than 200 times in one day. Police issued him a criminal trespass notice on Sept. 2, 2015, forbidding his entrance onto Mission Park property.

On June 26 and 29, 2016, he was spotted by employees and captured on security camera footage attempting to gain entrance to Mission Park North, according to police reports. He was later arrested on two charges of criminal trespassing.

According to court records, he pleaded guilty to one of the charges on March 28 and was sentenced to two days in jail. He also faces a $100 fine, according to officials in County Court 12, where Wilburn's trial was held.

Julie Mott died at age 25 on Aug. 8, 2015, of complications from cystic fibrosis. Her body was delivered to Mission Park North in the 3400 block of Cherry Ridge Drive, where a memorial service was held on Aug. 15.

The next morning her casket was found empty. One of the hinges on the casket had been damaged, and the bier on which it was resting was found in an "unnatural" position by an exit door, according to expert testimony given in the civil case. According to a police report, there were no signs of forced entry, and the building's security system was never triggered.

Her body was never found, and the question of how the body disappeared has not been answered.

In mid-February, Mission Park was found to be negligent in the disappearance of Mott's body. A jury awarded Mott's parents, Sharlotte and Timothy, $8 million.
    I noticed hey didn?t mention that he is/was a person of interest in the case, although a couple of the other news reports that I read did, fwiw.

*they

Dammit. I'm going to have to re-read this entire thread because I have no memory whatsoever of the dog story I referred to earlier on this page

Think I'll put it off a bit though because rereading is just going to make feel really bad for everyone involved - except Dick Fucking Tips

(& yes, I even feel a little bad for Bill, though I'm sure it's only momentary & I'll snap out of it again as soon as I'm reminded of all the nasty shit he pulled)

I haven't made it through the entire thread yet and I hope I'm not being redundant. On page 4 heartbroken1's 2nd post lays out what I assume is his alibi. If he left the funeral at 1:30, then sat in his car, then bought weed, then got so stoned he forgot math, then visited his grandmother, then a friend at Sam Ash before going to lunch - well, that's an awfully late lunch. Every funeral service I have been to we ate right after the service.
    Also, in his next post 13 minutes later, he restates the timeline with a few details missing. Namely the trip to Sam Ash. I dunno if this has been brought up yet but Sam Ash sells Allen wrenches, ratchet sets and gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseycakes View Post
    I haven't made it through the entire thread yet and I hope I'm not being redundant. On page 4 heartbroken1's 2nd post lays out what I assume is his alibi. If he left the funeral at 1:30, then sat in his car, then bought weed, then got so stoned he forgot math, then visited his grandmother, then a friend at Sam Ash before going to lunch - well, that's an awfully late lunch. Every funeral service I have been to we ate right after the service.
    Also, in his next post 13 minutes later, he restates the timeline with a few details missing. Namely the trip to Sam Ash. I dunno if this has been brought up yet but Sam Ash sells Allen wrenches, ratchet sets and gloves.
    I thought Sam Ash was a music store. It is in most parts of the country. Bill supposedly plays drums or something.

Yeah, the allen wrenches are for drums. Usually the gloves typically are as well

Shit I didn't know he was a drummer, that just makes more sense to me, now

Thread Information