Page 134 of 137 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3405

Thread: Julie Mott (25) died from Cystic Fibrosis and her remains were stolen from the funeral home

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I knew that the scond he tried to tell us her brother may have acted inappropriately with her.

End of story, CYA Bill. I still went back and forth on his guilt but his douchiness was no longer in doubt.
    Nw, I'm stll going back and forth on his guilt but I think he's all about this publicity and sees it as him becoming famous. He's still a ginormous douche.
    Even if it was proven to be him all along, my opinion on him couldn't get any lower than it already is.

The brother of a San Antonio woman whose body went missing from a funeral home in 2015 testified Monday that once he was told that his sister’s body was “stolen,” he concluded based on information given to him that it must have been her ex-boyfriend.

Jonathan Mott described for the jury hearing the civil case against the company owned and operated by Robert “Dick” Tips and his wife, Kristin, the last time he and his parents saw his younger sister — in a casket, about a week after she died at her parents’ home Aug. 8, 2015, of complications from cystic fibrosis.

“The three of us went up to the casket and said our goodbyes because we knew that was the last time the four of us would be together,” he said through tears.

He is the first relative of Julie Mott’s to testify in the civil trial, which began last week and is expected to last two more weeks.

He also testified that he posted on social media in the months following his sister’s death that he was “Ninety-nine-point-nine-percent sure” that his sister’s ex-boyfriend, Bill Wilburn, stole her body before she was to be buried. Mott said he based his accusation on information given to him by the Tipses and because he latched on to the fact that they kept saying her body was “stolen.”

“That was the furthest thing from our minds,” he said about the possibility that his sister’s body would be stolen from a casket before she was to be cremated.

Wilburn, charged with trespassing at the funeral home, is awaiting trial in that case. He remains a person of interest in the disappearance.

His parents, Timothy and Sharlotte Mott, are suing the Tipses’ company, alleging gross negligence and mishandling the body of their daughter. They are expected to testify this week.

Her funeral was held Aug. 15, 2015, at Mission Park North on Cherry Ridge, and she was to be cremated, which the family said was what she wanted. The next day, funeral home workers discovered her body missing from a casket at the facility.

The family asserts the Tipses hid the fact that they used third-party contractors for mortuary services that customers believed were being done by Mission Park and at their own facilities, and the Tipses allege that Julie Mott’s ex-boyfriend had motive to steal her body because he did not want it to be cremated.

The trial is being heard in the 131st Civil District Court, presided by Judge Norma Gonzales.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...k-12552743.php

Talk of Satanism in the Dick Tips civil case. After I read this I was was thinking WTF!

A day of testimony that began with a mother’s grief took an unusual turn Tuesday when allegations of satanism emerged involving an employee of the mortuary service that was used to transport the woman’s daughter’s body to the funeral home where it later went missing.

In a video deposition shown to the jury, Frederick Beyer, an owner of Beyer & Beitel Mortuary Services that embalmed Julie Mott, was questioned about employee Nicholas Moreno by Alex Katzman, an attorney representing plaintiffs Timothy and Sharlotte Mott.

The Motts are suing MPII Inc., which does business as Mission Park Funeral Chapels and Cemeteries, for gross negligence in the disappearance of their daughter’s body from a casket at its Northwest Side facility on Cherry Ridge.

Katzman brought up Moreno’s social media postings after establishing that Beyer & Beitel does not do background checks on its employees, although there was no indication that Moreno had contact with Julie Mott’s body.

A subcontractor of Mission Park, Moreno plays in a band called Flesh Hoarder, which lists its genre as “brutal death metal,” and posts satanic pictures on his Facebook page.

Local Channel
    Now Playing
    Multiple injured after BMW smashes into S.A. Gold's Gym...
    Caleb Downs

Woman hit during shootout at S.A. gas station...
    San Antonio Express-News

Police: Gunman storms into S.A. AutoZone, shoots manager...
    San Antonio Express-News

SAPD: Woman shot in neck while trying to run over...
    San Antonio Express-News

Man 'suddenly' stabbed by friend at S.A. park, police say...
    San Antonio Express-News

Rockets Driving Forward...
    Houston Chronicle

San Antonio Police respond to shooting on West Side...
    21 Pro Video

Police responding to shooting at S.A. intersection...
    San Antonio Express-News

Man gunned down in driveway at S.A. home, police say...
    San Antonio Express-News

SAPD: 2 suspects caught breaking into truck, open fire on...
    San Antonio Express-News
    Beyer said he liked hard rock, “but not that hard,” in response to questions about Flesh Hoarder’s music by Katzman.
    “He’s testified he’s into Satan,” Katzman said. “Did you know that?”

“No,” Beyer replied. “I didn’t know anything about Satan.”

“Is there any concern in regard with him having access to departed loved ones,” Katzman asked Beyer.

“No,” Beyer said.

“He posts satanic pictures,” Katzman said. “Did you talk to Nicholas Moreno about what it means?”

“No,” Beyer replied. “It’s all fantasy. He’s worked with me for years. He’s one of the sweetest guys.”

Also shown during the video deposition was Moreno’s profile picture on his personal Facebook page. It shows two men singing, with a cover photo of a dark figure eating a severed limb, surrounded by headstones with the names of bandmates above the words “homicidal necrophile.”

The Mott family has accused Robert “Dick” Tips, who owns MPII Inc., and his wife Kristin, who is president of the company, of hiding the fact that their firm uses third-party contractors to transport bodies to be prepared for burial or cremation. The Motts also allege the company provided numerous people access to Mission Park facilities with security codes that hadn't been changed in 20 years, and keys to locks that hadn’t been replaced in a decade, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

In Beyer’s deposition, he said their unlimited access ended Aug. 16, 2015, the day Julie Mott’s body went missing.

The Tipses dispute they did anything wrong and allege that the Motts did not inform them that their daughter’s ex-boyfriend, Bill Wilburn, was abusive with Julie Mott, “obsessed” with contacting her before her death, and had motive to “steal” her body because he objected to her cremation.

The plaintiffs rested their case Tuesday, shortly after the video deposition, which was preceded by the emotional testimony of Julie Mott’s mother, who told the jury who will decide the civil case of the “horror” she lives with knowing that her daughter’s body is missing.

When her attorney, Ron Salazar, asked her what it was like getting that news, Sharlotte Mott had to compose herself before replying.

“It was heartbreaking. Horrifying,” she said through heaves and sobs. “It was unbelievable. I thought, ‘Who took my baby?’”

Julie Mott, died Aug. 8, 2015. She was 25.

Sharlotte Mott is the third family member to testify in the civil trial, which is in its second week. Her husband, Timothy, and son, Jonathan, testified Monday.

She said her heart breaks each time she sees the urn that they purchased for her daughter.

“Her urn sits empty,” she said as she cried. “We can’t even put a picture (on it). She’s not there.”

Psychologist William Erwin concurred that the Motts are “stuck” in their grief, and that finding out their daughter’s body was missing increased their severe depression. He said they have not been able to move on from the anger stage.

On cross-examination, John Guerra, representing Mission Park, appeared to try and establish that the depression and anxiety suffered by Sharlotte Mott already existed before the loss of her daughter’s body because she knew she eventually would die, and questioned Erwin on whether the Motts’ diagnosis of “severe depression” could increase.

“Yes, you can say more severe,” Erwin said, adding that no one asked him that before.

The case is being heard in the 131st Civil District Court, presided by Judge Norma Gonzales.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...hp?ipid=brkbar

I've actually heard of flesh hoarder
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    I've actually heard of flesh hoarder
    Um congratulations?

😳
    I did not see this coming

Fwiw I found Nicholas Moreno?s FB
    https://www.facebook.com/100000424297125

He may not have had anything to do with the disappearance of Julie?s body, but it?s kind of a weird coincidence that he?s in a band named Flesh Hoarder- whose latest album is titled ?Homicidal Necrophile?- and he works for the mortuary company that embalmed Julie?s body.😬

Here?s the band?s FB
    https://www.facebook.com/Flesh-Hoarder-156767857723220/

Be sure to pick up the demo of their single Fascination With Menstruation on sale now for just $1!!! 😑

Just when you think it can?t possibly get any more disturbing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post

He may not have had anything to do with the disappearance of Julie?s body, but it?s kind of a weird coincidence that he?s in a band named Flesh Hoarder- whose latest album is titled ?Homicidal Necrophile?- and he works for the mortuary company that embalmed Julie?s body.��

Here?s the band?s FB

Be sure to pick up the demo of their single Fascination With Menstruation on sale now for just $1!!! ��

No, for real- I don't think this can possibly get any more disturbing...

Both those FBs went away quite quickly.

He may not have had anything to do with the disappearance of Julie?s body, but it?s kind of a weird coincidence that he?s in a band named Flesh Hoarder- whose latest album is titled ?Homicidal Necrophile?- and he works for the mortuary company that embalmed Julie?s body.��

Here?s the band?s FB

Be sure to pick up the demo of their single Fascination With Menstruation on sale now for just $1!!! ��

And my parents thought Ozzy and Alice were disturbing...
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by sdhoney View Post
    Yes, but they still have some lovely youtube videos up.

So they pulled their FB pages?
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

This is just crazy.

Hope they got their fishing license.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Beyer is defending Nicholas Moreno on the stand today.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...hp?ipid=brkbar

😳
    I did not see this coming
    I was actually wondering if the attorneys would try to dig up info about "creepy" employees - past or present. With Bill around, it's not really necessary, but it makes good padding for the case if nothing else. I wonder what his specific job function is. Tips and Co. can't seem to be on the same page about anything ever, so who knows if he was ever around her body or not. I wish I had read sooner so I could have checked out his Facebook page myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sdhoney View Post
    They?re both gone?!
    Why not just make the FB accounts private? One of those accounts was for the band (which is where I saw the link to order their Fascination With Menstruation promo), and it doesn?t seem like good PR to shut that one down. Maybe it got too much negative attention?
    FASCINATION WITH MENSTRUATION?! smfh

They?re both gone?!
    Why not just make the FB accounts private? One of those accounts was for the band (which is where I saw the link to order their Fascination With Menstruation promo), and it doesn?t seem like good PR to shut that one down. Maybe it got too much negative attention?
    FASCINATION WITH MENSTRUATION?! smfh
    Guess it was just that time of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Guess it was just that time of the month.
    LMAOOOO

Bill goes live on FB while Skyping a reporter.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.wilbur...video_explicit

Casket Demo-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ksa...into-courtroom

Julie Mott Trial: Casket brought into courtroom for demonstration during missing body trial

PAUL VENEMA
    FEBRUARY 8, 2018, 1:24 PM

Lawyers want to show how corpse can be taken from casket

A casket identical to the one containing the body of a woman whose corpse was stolen from a San Antonio funeral home was displayed in court Thursday.

Lawyers for Mission Park Funeral Home said the purpose of displaying the casket in court was to show how a body can be stolen from a casket by breaking the hinges or tampering with it.

In August 2015, the body of Mott, 25, disappeared from her casket at Mission Park while awaiting transfer to a crematorium. Her family has sued the funeral home, alleging ?negligence? and ?gross negligence? on the part of Mission Park and is seeking over $ 1 million in damages.

Using the casket, they explained that the hinges on Mott?s casket had been damaged and outlined how a casket can be accessed. That, they suggested, demonstrates how someone without knowledge of a casket could cause the damage.

Though no one has ever been charged with taking the body, both defense and plaintiff?s attorneys agree that Mott?s body was stolen.

At one point, Mott?s former boyfriend, Bill Wilburn, was considered by police as a person of interest. He was questioned at length by police but never charged.

Mott?s body still has not been found.

Testimony in the trial is expected to end Friday. Closing arguments are expected begin Monday.

Casket Demo-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ksa...into-courtroom

Julie Mott Trial: Casket brought into courtroom for demonstration during missing body trial

PAUL VENEMA
    FEBRUARY 8, 2018, 1:24 PM

Lawyers want to show how corpse can be taken from casket

A casket identical to the one containing the body of a woman whose corpse was stolen from a San Antonio funeral home was displayed in court Thursday.

Lawyers for Mission Park Funeral Home said the purpose of displaying the casket in court was to show how a body can be stolen from a casket by breaking the hinges or tampering with it.

In August 2015, the body of Mott, 25, disappeared from her casket at Mission Park while awaiting transfer to a crematorium. Her family has sued the funeral home, alleging ?negligence? and ?gross negligence? on the part of Mission Park and is seeking over $ 1 million in damages.

Using the casket, they explained that the hinges on Mott?s casket had been damaged and outlined how a casket can be accessed. That, they suggested, demonstrates how someone without knowledge of a casket could cause the damage.

Though no one has ever been charged with taking the body, both defense and plaintiff?s attorneys agree that Mott?s body was stolen.

At one point, Mott?s former boyfriend, Bill Wilburn, was considered by police as a person of interest. He was questioned at length by police but never charged.

Mott?s body still has not been found.

Testimony in the trial is expected to end Friday. Closing arguments are expected begin Monday.
    The link isn't working for me I'd really love to see that demo, that's one thing I've wanted to see pictures/examples of since this whole thing started.

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemChick View Post
    The link isn't working for me I'd really love to see that demo, that's one thing I've wanted to see pictures/examples of since this whole thing started.
    Try this one.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/julie-mott...into-courtroom

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee77 View Post

Nope no links are working. The link to his live didn't work for me either :(

So do they go into detail about what specific type of damage was done to the viewing casket?

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemChick View Post
    Nope no links are working. The link to his live didn't work for me either :(

So do they go into detail about what specific type of damage was done to the viewing casket?
    No - they pretty much just wheeled it in, opened it up, and showed the intact hinges. They didn't break into it or show how the hinges were damaged. It was not the same casket but one that was the same model.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee77 View Post
    Bill goes live on FB while Skyping a reporter.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.wilbur...video_explicit

What he says at 3 minutes is quite interesting. I don't think he realizes what he said, lol.

Also, he keeps calling it a "crime." I thought he was pushing the "mistake" narrative these days. Guess he changed his mind again.

His girlfriend's comments seemed to have disappeared from the video. Hmm.

And what's with the eye wiggles? Drugs?

From today:

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...n-12584872.php

Jurors hear testimony by Mott's ex-boyfriend in missing body case

The jury hearing the case involving the disappearance of a woman's body heard her ex-boyfriend repeatedly invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination Friday.

On a videotaped deposition, Bill Wilburn personally and through an attorney declined to answer any and all questions posed to him regarding his ex-girlfriend, Julie Mott, whose body went missing from Mission Park North Funeral Chapel North on Cherry Ridge in August 2015 before she was to be cremated.

"On the advice of my attorney, I am not going to answer," Wilburn said to each query related to whether he took Mott's body, knows who did or knows and where it could be.

MPII, which does business as Mission Park Funeral Chapels and Cemeteries, is being sued by Timothy and Sharlotte Mott for gross negligence in the disappearance of their daughter's remains.

Funeral home owner Robert "Dick" Tips, and his wife, Kristin, company president, have said they did nothing wrong. They also have alleged throughout the trial that Wilburn had motive to take Julie Mott's body because he was "obsessed" with calling and texting her before she died and he disapproved of her being cremated.

The company also alleges Timothy Mott told Dick Tips that "Bill stole her," a statement Michael Hoffman Jr. testified he witnessed while Tips notified Mott in a speaker phone conversation after they discovered the body was gone.

The Wilburn deposition was the last thing the jury saw before both sides rested their cases in a civil trial that has lasted nearly three weeks.

After the jury was excused, Judge Norma Gonzales allowed testimony from defense witness Nancy Powell, a funeral director at a business not connected to Mission Park, who told the court that three months after Julie Mott?s body disappeared, she received two calls from a man asking for ways to preserve a body, including placing it in a glass case.

Judge Norma Gonzales denied defense's motion to have the jury hear the testimony, saying it was not admissible because of unfair surprise.

Closing arguments are expected to begin Tuesday in the 131st Civil District Court, presided by Gonzales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Thread Information