Page 132 of 152 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3781

Thread: Julie Mott (25) died from Cystic Fibrosis and her remains were stolen from the funeral home

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen112202 View Post
    According to the San Antonio Express news, the civil trial of Julie's missing body starts today.
    http://www.lmtonline.com/news/local/...y-12536634.php

Ricardo Reyna, the attorney for defendants Robert “Dick” Tips and his wife, Kristin Tips, countered in his opening statement that Bill Wilburn, Julie Mott’s ex-boyfriend, “had the motive — he objected to the cremation.” Wilburn was arrested on a trespassing charge related to the funeral home and has been a person of interest in the case.
    The lawyer is doubling down on buffalo bill.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

So there WAS new damage to the casket, not just pre-existing wear and tear as some have suggested.

Also, it sounds like "accidental/early cremation" is not even being suggested as a possibility by the plaintiffs, which I already suspected based on previous articles about the lawsuit. Hard to say for certain just yet, but we'll know soon enough. As I've said before, I'm fairly certain the Mission Park crematory didn't do cremations in the time period she disappeared (late Saturday through Sunday).

KSAT has a livestream but they're on a break atm.
    https://www.ksat.com/live/watch-day-...m-funeral-home
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I said upthread there was damage to the casket, and people argued with me

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    So there WAS new damage to the casket, not just pre-existing wear and tear as some have suggested.

Also, it sounds like "accidental/early cremation" is not even being suggested as a possibility by the plaintiffs, which I already suspected based on previous articles about the lawsuit. Hard to say for certain just yet, but we'll know soon enough. As I've said before, I'm fairly certain the Mission Park crematory didn't do cremations in the time period she disappeared (late Saturday through Sunday).

KSAT has a livestream but they're on a break atm.
    THANKS for the link

Oooh it sounds like the alarm was never set that night. Oops!

I'm taking notes from live feed. I'll share more info after I make dinner later.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

For the family of Julie Mott, whose body disappeared from a funeral home 2? years ago, it’s about care, custody and control — the security her parents had promised their daughter since birth — their attorney says.

For the funeral home being sued, likely for millions, it’s about the knowledge that the family did not share with them — that their daughter’s ex-boyfriend was physically and mentally abusive, “obsessed” and objected to her cremation after she died of complications from cystic fibrosis.

“No one can say who had contact with Julie,” Ron Salazar, attorney for plaintiffs Timothy and Sharlotte Mott told the jury in his opening statement. “They have no chain of custody in their obligation to shelter a loved one.”

Ricardo Reyna, the attorney for defendants Robert “Dick” Tips and his wife, Kristin Tips, countered in his opening statement that Bill Wilburn, Julie Mott’s ex-boyfriend, “had the motive — he objected to the cremation.” Wilburn was arrested on a trespassing charge related to the funeral home and has been a person of interest in the case.

Mott died Aug. 8, 2015. She was 25. Her grieving family had her embalmed so that she could be cremated, something she told her father she wanted before she died.

The funeral was held Aug. 15, at Mission Park Funeral Chapels North on Cherry Ridge, on what would have been her 26th birthday.

After the service concluded around 1:30 p.m., funeral home workers moved a casket holding Mott to a hallway where it was to await transfer to a crematorium.

Timothy Mott noticed Wilburn hanging around and told the funeral director to watch him, Salazar told the jury.

The casket was moved to a visitation area that wasn’t secure.

When workers returned the next day, the empty casket was damaged, and Mott’s body was gone.

A San Antonio police spokesman said at the time that the case was “handled in a way that a homicide would be investigated.” Authorities believe her body was stolen sometime between the end of the service and when the funeral home closed the next day — within about a 17-hour time frame.

The Mott family filed a civil lawsuit in January 2016 against Mission Park.

The case is being heard in the 131st Civil District Court, presided by Judge Norma Gonzales. The trial is expected to last at least three weeks.

Oooh it sounds like the alarm was never set that night. Oops!

I'm taking notes from live feed. I'll share more info after I make dinner later.
    Dick is bright red. and sweaty.

The alleged body stealer for any newbies - https://www.facebook.com/bill.wilburn

Court is adjourned for the day.

The TL;DR is that no one can say they set the alarm.

Tips insists that funeral director Richard Edwards locked up and set alarm, but defense lawyer showed Edwards' deposition in which he said he locked up but DIDN'T set alarm.

More in a bit ...

So did anybody else here get a Tweet about this? Thanks MDS for bothering me about Bill aka Heartbroken. I blame Olivia
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

There are currently 54 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 52 guests) It's me an nclexusgirl
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Ok ... so I think I tuned in about 30 minutes after the break ended.

As I said, Tips insists that funeral director Rick Edwards was the last person there Saturday afternoon and that he locked up and set the alarm. Tips said he witnessed Edwards tell both the police and Mr. Mott that he set the alarm Saturday afternoon.

Edwards said in sworn deposition (video) he locked up but did not set the alarm, and he doesn't know who set it.

The defense went through a list of employees there Saturday and what times they clocked out (they clock in/out by fingerprint). Edwards clocked out at 4:27, and others clocked out at 4:26 or 4:27 ...

... Except the Maria the housekeeper. She clocked out at 5 p.m. In deposition, she said she has a key but not the alarm code, and she denies she was there Saturday or Sunday. Confused about which days she was there? Perhaps.

Tips insists Edwards would have hung around until Maria was done in order to lock up/set alarm.

Defense showed more of Edwards' deposition. Edwards said it is routine for students (studying to be funeral directors, I assume) to lock doors and set alarm.

Tips insists Edwards would supervise this.

There are 10 exterior doors including the carport/garage doors. Some lock automatically, some have to be manually locked and others need chains and padlocks.

They also showed portions of a deposition by another employee there Saturday, Alma Torres (sp?). She said she personally locked some of the doors and left just ahead of Edwards. (She clocked out at 4:26.)

I think that covers what I got!

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    There are currently 54 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 52 guests) It's me an nclexusgirl
    Heyyy we must be early to the party lol
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Thanks for the updates, Tupelo!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee77 View Post
    Dick is bright red. and sweaty.
    there's the begining of a really bad letter to Penthouse "Dear Penthouse, my dick is .."
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    The alleged body stealer for any newbies - https://www.facebook.com/bill.wilburn
    His FB profile seems so... not '"Bill-like". Almost like he's a normal person.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Wonder what the new girlfriend thinks of this.

Are you watching on KSAT's website? I could barely hear the attorney asking questions.

This is the story that led me to MDS. Hard to believe Julie's body is still missing, and that Bill the nutter was not involved.

Poor Julie ☹

Thanks for the updates, TH ☺

I just don't think the funeral home has a shot in hell of winning this. It doesn't matter what happened to her body, they are still responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen112202 View Post
    Are you watching on KSAT's website? I could barely hear the attorney asking questions.

Yeah the sound is terrible. I was listening on my tablet with headphones, and I had to crank up the volume on my tablet, then crank up the volume on my headphones. I could hear fine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I just don't think the funeral home has a shot in hell of winning this. It doesn't matter what happened to her body, they are still responsible.

For sure. The only difference in outcome will be whether they're nailed for negligence or gross negligence (or both, I guess).

Thanks for the updates!

Fuuuuuuuuck.

The judge has ordered all cameras out of the courtroom, so there will be no more livestreams for this trial.

https://www.ksat.com/news/watch-day-...m-funeral-home

Fuuuuuuuuck.

The judge has ordered all cameras out of the courtroom, so there will be no more livestreams for this trial.

https://www.ksat.com/news/watch-day-...m-funeral-home

Damn.

Yeah the sound is terrible. I was listening on my tablet with headphones, and I had to crank up the volume on my tablet, then crank up the volume on my headphones. I could hear fine after that.

For sure. The only difference in outcome will be whether they're nailed for negligence or gross negligence (or both, I guess).
    Okay good. I thought I was going deaf because I cranked up the volume on my phone and on my tablet too.

Thread Information