Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay Clancy (32) killed two of her children (5yo/3yo), injured another (7 months), before attempting suicide in Massachusetts

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Lindsay Clancy (32) killed two of her children (5yo/3yo), injured another (7 months), before attempting suicide in Massachusetts

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...-wbz-tv-iteam/

Prosecutors said the mother of two children who were found dead inside a Duxbury home Tuesday night will be charged with their murders. A third child was seriously hurt and remains hospitalized.

Plymouth County District Attorney Tim Cruz said Wednesday that an arrest warrant has been issued for 32-year-old Lindsay Clancy.

Police were called to the house on Summer Street just after 6 p.m. Tuesday. The children's father came home and discovered the his wife first, reporting she had tried to take her own life. She was taken to a hospital.

Inside the home, police found 5-year-old Cora Clancy and 3-year-old Dawson Clancy suffering from "obvious signs of severe trauma" after they were allegedly strangled. They were rushed to an area hospital but did not survive.

A 7-month-old boy was also found unconscious. He was taken to a Boston hospital by MedFlight and remains hospitalized.

Sources told the WBZ-TV I-Team that investigators are looking at the possibility that Lindsay Clancy was suffering from postpartum psychosis. She was on leave from her job as a nurse at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Clancy is still hospitalized under police custody and will be arraigned as soon as she is physically able.

"Our community is of course reeling from the tragic events of last night," said Duxbury Town Manager Ren? Read.

Flowers outside Clancy's home Wednesday are a small gesture that conveys the grief the community is feeling including neighbor John Sullivan. "Everybody is in a state of disbelief, it is tragic, the whole neighborhood is trying to process this whole thing," Sullivan said.
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/lind.say.969

Jesus Post Partum Psychosis. I wonder if she was seeing a doctor?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Jesus Post Partum Psychosis. I wonder if she was seeing a doctor?
    You would think with her being a nurse she would know the signs and seek help.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    You would think with her being a nurse she would know the signs and seek help.
    But that's the thing. When you have this condition you have no reasoning. You would think being a Mother you would know that wanting to hurt your kids is wrong. Mental illness doesn't discriminate and no amount of training, intelligence or education on the matter saves you from it. There's a reason they describe it as not being in your "right mind".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It always goes back to Andrea Yates for me. I mentioned in another thread, she has chosen to stay hospitalized for the rest of her life. She will have moments when she realizes what she did, then she will slip into psychosis again. That case made me so mad, because it was preventable. I blame her dumbshit husband.

As far as PPP/PPD usually people close to the person realizes something is up. When you go to the dooctor they ask you 100 times hoow you are feeling. You can lie on those tests.

My heart really goes out to this woman. I have a feeling she was showing signs (possibly with the other children) that were overlooked. Or she hid it very well (which I highly doubt). You cant hide psychosis very well.

One day she will realize what shes done, and it will break her. I really hope the baby pulls through.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I find that with PPD women usually see the signs and are more likely to reach out for help. To me, PPP is a whole other animal that basically leaves women completely unable to function beyond that psychosis. There is no reasoning, there is no "knowing you're not right" and no way to stop it except for outside intervention. I agree that others around them need to step up in these cases, but not everyone is in a position where they have people close enough to them to step in.

I agree, she will at some point realize what she's done once medicated and treated and that will come with a whole other host of issues that will destroy her. I really feel for people that genuinely fall under the category of clinically insane. Imagine having no clue what you've done until you wake up from a psychotic episode and are told by others. It must be the worst nightmare ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find that with PPD women usually see the signs and are more likely to reach out for help. To me, PPP is a whole other animal that basically leaves women completely unable to function beyond that psychosis. There is no reasoning, there is no "knowing you're not right" and no way to stop it except for outside intervention. I agree that others around them need to step up in these cases, but not everyone is in a position where they have people close enough to them to step in.

I agree, she will at some point realize what she's done once medicated and treated and that will come with a whole other host of issues that will destroy her. I really feel for people that genuinely fall under the category of clinically insane. Imagine having no clue what you've done until you wake up from a psychotic episode and are told by others. It must be the worst nightmare ever.
    It also doesn?t help no one really wants to have open conversations about this. You see these stories and most comments are instantly ?fuck her, hang her kill her she?s the devil etc etc? but no one wants to hear what led up to it, how she was feeling, how much was the husband helping etc. I didn?t mean my comment to sound blamey about her being a nurse. I also feel for women who have severely disabled children and need help. Like violent children or children who can?t speak, hear, communicate etc and moms that are with them 24/7. When women like that snap then it?s she needs to burn in hell or you shouldn?t have had kids but no one really imagines it what it?s like 24/7 with the stress.
    I?ve also noticed in real life a couple of scenarios. I know a woman who has a couple of kids who just recently broke up with her husband and anytime she?s seen out and about without her kids, people say she needs to get her ass at home and take care of those kids. Yet I know a man who has 2 kids and is in a relationship with a woman who isn?t their mother fairly new relationship and everyone instantly kept saying she shouldn?t work so much if she wants to be in a relationship with him she needs to be at home with his kids. It?s like anything kid-raising related is put on the woman/mother figure.

Ok I just saw a video and they said she was in intensive treatment for post partum and her husband was working from home. He left to get take out food and that?s when she did it

It also doesn?t help no one really wants to have open conversations about this. You see these stories and most comments are instantly ?fuck her, hang her kill her she?s the devil etc etc? but no one wants to hear what led up to it, how she was feeling, how much was the husband helping etc. I didn?t mean my comment to sound blamey about her being a nurse. I also feel for women who have severely disabled children and need help. Like violent children or children who can?t speak, hear, communicate etc and moms that are with them 24/7. When women like that snap then it?s she needs to burn in hell or you shouldn?t have had kids but no one really imagines it what it?s like 24/7 with the stress.
    I?ve also noticed in real life a couple of scenarios. I know a woman who has a couple of kids who just recently broke up with her husband and anytime she?s seen out and about without her kids, people say she needs to get her ass at home and take care of those kids. Yet I know a man who has 2 kids and is in a relationship with a woman who isn?t their mother fairly new relationship and everyone instantly kept saying she shouldn?t work so much if she wants to be in a relationship with him she needs to be at home with his kids. It?s like anything kid-raising related is put on the woman/mother figure.

One of many reasons I chose not to have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

One of many reasons I chose not to have kids.
    And isn't it nice that we had the choice. How about all of the women that just had that choice taken away from them?

People will STILL say, "You shouldn't have had kids if you didn't want them" while women are literally being forced to have kids that they don't want.

Ok I just saw a video and they said she was in intensive treatment for post partum and her husband was working from home. He left to get take out food and that?s when she did it
    I read that. I cannot fathom what her husband feels right now.

If she was that bad, she should have been inpatient in the hospital.

That is truly sad though. At least he was trying to get her help. Poor guy.

The third child died.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...wife-rcna68066

Husband of woman accused of killing three children asks for forgiveness for wife

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The third child died.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...wife-rcna68066

Husband of woman accused of killing three children asks for forgiveness for wife

Her mind will never be able to fully come to grips what she's done. I have no doubt that she loved her family very much. My heart breaks for everyone in this situation. She was getting intensive help, he wasn't unaware and he was trying. It really highlights the reality of her condition.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

https://nypost.com/2023/02/06/911-di...k-lacerations/

911 dispatch reveals Lindsay Clancy suffered neck lacerations on night of alleged murder-suicide bid

The 911 dispatch call made after Lindsay Clancy allegedly strangled her three young children revealed that she reportedly cut herself before she jumped from the top floor of her Massachusetts home the night of the attempted murder-suicide.

A chilling recording of the calls between emergency dispatchers sheds light on the extent of Clancy’s injuries, as the 32-year-old labor and delivery nurse remains in a hospital bed, waiting to be arraigned on murder charges.

“A female party jumped off the top floor of the house,” one of the emergency personnel said in the Jan. 24 recording. “Impact injury, neck lacerations — she’s conscious at this time … It was over a 20-foot fall.”

The dispatchers said responders didn’t immediately know the location of the knife “or whatever she used to slit” herself and referred to the emergency call as a “suicidal situation.”

The first responders then requested additional ambulances as they mentioned “two pediatrics” in cardiac arrest. Later, a person informed the dispatcher that there were four patients in total.

Clancy, who was on leave from her job at Massachusetts General Hospital, is accused of killing her 5-year-old daughter Cora, 3-year-old son Dawson and 7-month-old son Callan — who died at the hospital three days later.

Clancy’s husband, Patrick, found his wife lying outside their Duxbury home after he returned from picking up dinner for the family on Jan. 24. The recording doesn’t include his 911 call.

The mom has been hospitalized since she jumped and has had no contact with anyone other than her medical staff and attorneys — not even her husband or parents.

She is reportedly bedridden but is able to communicate.

“She is not paralyzed. She can move her legs. She can move her arms. She has been writing and being able to verbally communicate,” an attorney for the DA’s office said.

Clancy was overmedicated on 12 prescription drugs that were “turning her into a zombie” when she allegedly killed her kids and tried to take her own life, her attorney Kevin Reddington said.

The nurse was reportedly suffering from postpartum depression and was open about her struggles with anxiety as a mom on social media.

12 different prescriptions? Holy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

12 different prescriptions? Holy shit!
    I know!!!

Sounds like they are gearing up to place blame on her doctors.

Some medications are used "off label" or as an "add on" to make other medications work if they arent working. 12 prescriptions is a lot I agree, but she had PPP and was not in the hospital. The goal was to keep her safe and keep her children safe. SHE SHOULD HAVE NOT HAVE BEEN ALONE with the kids. Im not blaming her husband. Not sleeping and taking care of a baby makes it worse. She may have turned help away but they needed to be insistant.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 02-07-2023 at 07:23 AM.

I wonder if her being a nurse, she had access and was self medicating.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wonder if her being a nurse, she had access and was self medicating.
    She was on leave from her job, so I don't think that is the case. At least I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    She was on leave from her job, so I don't think that is the case. At least I hope not.
    Oh that's right. I am just wondering if she was able to get it through someone else...it is just crazy that one doctor would prescribe that many different meds. She could have gone to multiple doctors, but I thought something was put into play to avoid people doing that?

It's just crazy.

Oh that's right. I am just wondering if she was able to get it through someone else...it is just crazy that one doctor would prescribe that many different meds. She could have gone to multiple doctors, but I thought something was put into play to avoid people doing that?

It's just crazy.
    There is, a doctor is able to see all the drugs prescribed or "filled"

They said she had a "team" of doctors so different doctors could have prescribed different meds, but im sure they checked EPIC (I think thats what its called.)

https://nypost.com/2023/02/07/lindsa...hree-children/

Lindsay Clancy told a psychologist that she heard a man's voice telling her to kill her children before she strangled them with exercise ropes, Massachusetts prosecutors alleged at her arraignment Tuesday — while her own attorney described her new reality as a paraplegic at risk of suicide.

Clancy, 32, appeared in Plymouth District Court via Zoom while wearing a neck brace and face mask in her hospital bed. The judge ultimately ruled that she would remain in her current hospital until her transfer to a rehabilitation facility.

Clancy’s defense attorney, Kevin Reddington, alleged that Clancy, who faces first-degree murder charges after strangling her three children on Jan. 24, was a victim of a health care system that fails women with “postpartum depression — and even postpartum psychosis.” He claimed she was prescribed drugs — including Prozac and Seroquel — that included homicidal ideation among their side effects.

“[Clancy] was … a beautiful person who was destroyed by this medication,” the impassioned attorney told the court of the former labor and delivery nurse.

Reddington also announced that Clancy — who tried to take her own life by jumping from a second-floor window after killing her children — suffered spinal cord injuries and is paralyzed from the waist down. He requested that she be housed in an appropriate rehab facility.

“She can’t walk … she can’t even go to the bathroom,” he said, noting that her emotional state was also “not well at all.”

Clancy, who did not speak during the proceedings, appeared to close her eyes for several moments as prosecutors alleged that she “created” the scenario in which her husband, Patrick, was gone from their Duxbury home for about 20 minutes, leaving her enough time to strangle Cora, 5, Dawson, 3, and Callan, 7 months.

After stopping by CVS and picking up takeout at Lindsay’s request, prosecutors said, Patrick Clancy returned home to “silence,” and subsequently discovered his wife in the yard.

His cries were later heard by 911 dispatchers when he discovered his children in the finished basement, where they reportedly still had exercise ropes around their “little necks.”

When first responders arrived, Patrick reportedly cried out, “She killed the kids!”

Prosecutors also detailed the “meticulous” notes in Lindsay’s journals, which documented her children’s lives as well as her mental health journey.

She briefly expressed suicidal thoughts and thoughts of hurting the children to her husband, the state’s attorney said, and “[Clancy] strangled the children in the place they should have felt safest: at home, with their mom.”

Jesus Christ shes paralyzed. That poor woman.

Fuck those prosecutors. They dont know what its like to have PPP. Who cares if she kept journals? And as far as planning it out, PPP sufferers are impulsive. Doesnt he work? She could have done it when he left for work.

Its not that I dont feel bad for those precious children and baby, and their father, I really do feel terrible for them, but putting her in jail is not justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    And isn't it nice that we had the choice. How about all of the women that just had that choice taken away from them?

People will STILL say, "You shouldn't have had kids if you didn't want them" while women are literally being forced to have kids that they don't want.
    Speaking of choice I saw a video today saying Arkansas is trying to pass a law that if a mother?s identity becomes known after surrendering a baby in one of those baby boxes/at a fire station then they?re going to charge them with abandonment.

Thread Information