Page 30 of 152 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Mott (25) died from Cystic Fibrosis and her remains were stolen from the funeral home

Honestly him holding back information and defending the funeral home isn't as suspicious as when he phoned Dick Tips within seconds of hearing about me filing a complaint with their licensing board.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH statro you about to be wrist slapped by bowie for that.
    Yeah, I can see that now. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to read all the pages I was behind before I had to log off the computer I was on, so I didn't see the warning. Usually I will just keep a comment window open and add to it until I get to the end of a thread so I don't repeat the same thing that's been said over and over, but alas, I didn't have time for that. Oops.

Plus, I wasn't just arguing with him about being narcissistic or whatever. That's legitimately a comment on his obsession with the ring and relates to what happened to Julie. I would have made the same comment about the situation anyway, without directing it specifically at him/talking to him.

Please do not respond to any heartbreakers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post

Is it OK if I respond to statro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Is it OK if I respond to statro?
    Yeah of course, I just think everything is going in a big dumb circle with the other dude and he's thriving off the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    A tad off topic, but tonight at the hockey game a guy that looked like creepy boy was obviously on a first date sitting next to my seats. I was super creeped out and a little paranoid because I was high and thought he was getting a new girlfriend to body-hoard.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    A tad off topic, but tonight at the hockey game a guy that looked like creepy boy was obviously on a first date sitting next to my seats. I was super creeped out and a little paranoid because I was high and thought he was getting a new girlfriend to body-hoard.
    This is funny.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I severely misjudged the severity of my special cupcakes.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Best post in this thread.

I severely misjudged the severity of my special cupcakes.
    Ahh to be a fly on the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Best post in this thread.
    Right?? I died.

Quote Originally Posted by heartbroken4 View Post
    I'll make it simple for you....forget about the ring for a second.

The family was given back "jewlery" ....of some sort and flowers....but not her remains?

How the fuck does that happen?

....and if that did happen....and he were able to prove that they still have the ring.....that'd be great! ....that would at least make up for some of his bullshit.

Jon has held back alot of information about the actually scene ......and that's supposed to help catch the "culprit" ....if there was an outsider I imagine ......which is what he seems to be sticking with.

As for "Bowieluva'" comments...I welcome them.

I'm sure things are lonely in her shitty LA apartment and if I'm correct, her pets probably ignore her just as much as her husband does.

Rather than get a real job or help society in anyway (LA is one of the most impoverished cities in the country) she's decided to come her and blab out negative bullshit.

You're welcome to it Bowieluva....although I think your time could be better spent elsewhere.

Jon, there is alot of really smart people here.

If you were to break your silence on what the scene looked like, I bet this ad hoc think tank could probably figure it out in a day.....I would at least consider exploring all options if not all possibilities.

I guess that just depends on how badly you want to actually fucking find her instead of constantly trying to blame this on me......... asshole
    Jon probably doesn't know what the "crime scene" looked like, because he didn't commit the crime. He didn't go to his sister's funeral to commit a crime or to observe for any crime to be committed. The person who commits a crime and is worried about being caught, is usually the one who ruminates about the crime scene over and over again. Serial killers, like Ted Bundy have also been known to obsess over the crime scene as well. They might ask witnesses to describe a scene they are already familiar with so they can get off on reliving the crime.

I suppose the funeral home is somewhat to blame, that a thing like this could happen, but then again, most people who work in funeral homes, aren't expecting bodies to escape so they aren't diligently watching the bodies the way prison guards guard prisoners. Also, it is very rare that a body would be stolen. What purpose would stealing a body have for someone? Its not like you can hold on to their memory by doing that.

I hope the police take this crime seriously enough to keep pursuing it. I realize that no murder has been committed, but even so, it takes a lot of morbid preoccupation to steal a body and hold on to it, so the person that did this has a warped enough mind that they could end up the ante and begin hurting more people.

Wow! Just wow!
    Long time lurker, but I just wanted to say that this thread has made my head spin.
    It's a doozy!
    What a crackalacka..so many times the benefit of doubt has been given to him and so many times he hasn't helped himself.
    I have no idea what to think.
    I only hope that very soon Julie's family can get the closure they deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Just so people don't forget that just like with every industry, protocol isn't always strictly enforced. Julie was a beautiful girl, her obit was likely run in the local paper and not everyone that seeks out a job does it for noble reasons. Rules also get broken. I found this article interesting in general.
    http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...rpses-job.html
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I don't know about the shit in this article. I can't imagine a hospital putting a dead person in a closet or not having some sort of on site morgue. Nor can I imagine getting called to pick someone up before they died and waiting there or being allowed to take people from an accident scene who were in the process of dying and do nothing as they die.

I don't think that guy who wrote the article knows what he's talking about after his two week stay.
    Just my own knowledge and experience. I'm not saying things are exactly the same across the board. I think I've probably posted my personal experience regarding these things through out the board.

5-Some states allow anyone with a van to transport bodies. The transport companies are subcontracted like the crime scene cleanup crews. I know some counties are starting to do away with the subcontracted transport companies and hiring employees to transport because of screw ups.

4-I worked in a morgue that was once pretty filthy and disorganized. Boob implants stacked everywhere because they had to be kept for 30 (or some crap like that)years due to the recall/lawsuit with Corning (I think that was the company). Being so understaffed surgical specimens and ?man-in-a-pans? where stacked because no one had time to dispose of the bio waste. The instruments and tables were clean, but that?s about it. Once I got everything clean and organized, you could eat off the floor. I never did it, but it was clean enough to do so.

I?ve walked into the morgue with a box on the slab only to open it and find a baby. Not uncommon. A baby would be still born overnight and the nursing staff wouldn?t know where to put it. The refrigerator was in the unmarked room across the hall from the autopsy suite that was marked ?Pathology? so they would just sit it in there.

3-Laughs will be had working with the dead. It?s a taxing profession so inappropriate humor is a must or it will eat you up. Everyone has some funny stories at the expense of the dead. I don?t doubt the post-it note story.

2- There are facilities that do not have a refrigerator and some of those include small hospitals. I do not doubt a body was placed in a room off into the abyss of a facility. Even a broom closet, if it is big enough. I?ve made a couple bodies ?exhale? before. It scared the ever living fuck out of me because I was concentrating on respecting the body and that concentration was broke by the person ?moaning" in my face as I lay her head back down on the slab.

Organs are NOT procured, for transplant, by transporting a body somewhere. TISSUE? YES. ORGANS? ONLY FOR RESEARCH. I have yet to see neck skin procured, but definitely the back and legs that aren?t overly hairy, mole-y, inked, and the like. Although skin is an organ, it is considered tissue in transplantation. Organ procurement pertains to solid organs-guts.

1-Picking up a body before the person is dead? I?ve never heard of this. I suspect the transport company got a ?heads up? on an imminent death (usually a courtesy so you can plan accordingly), but a facility scheduling a pick up on someone that isn?t dead? I don?t think so, BUT, there have been some screw ups and misunderstandings before, so I guess it is possible, but I don't think it was intentional.

?Harvest/harvesting? hasn?t been ?official? language in the tissue/organ donation industry for 15+ years because of the negative connotation.

I HAD to post about that link.

Also, I was trying to give Bill the benefit of the doubt. I still don?t think he took the body, but I have to agree with most that he gives off creep vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Just my own knowledge and experience. I'm not saying things are exactly the same across the board. I think I've probably posted my personal experience regarding these things through out the board.

5-Some states allow anyone with a van to transport bodies. The transport companies are subcontracted like the crime scene cleanup crews. I know some counties are starting to do away with the subcontracted transport companies and hiring employees to transport because of screw ups.
    HAI

In this case, when a body is being transported from the funeral home to a crematory owned by that same funeral home (rather than being transported from hospital to morgue or some other location to the morgue), wouldn't a funeral home employee transport the body? I didn't think a funeral home would pay an outside company to move bodies when they already have employees and the proper vehicles with which to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by statro View Post
    Okay, so you're only 90% sure she was wearing it, but it's bothersome to you because of when the remains were reported missing. Even though you aren't certain she was even wearing it...

I'm not sure what you are getting at here about it having something to do with when the remains were reported missing. If she was wearing it and the family does have the ring, that would mean they were involved in what happened, right? Because her jewellery was still on her body when it was stolen. That would make no sense, if you are trying to accuse the family of stealing their own daughter's body.
    If she wasn't wearing it, then it means abso-fucking-lutely nothing that should be bothersome to you at all, aside from them not following your wishes to have her wearing it. In that case, it has nothing to do with who took her body.

I'm with TupeloHoney on this. That must have really pissed you off when you opened the casket and saw she wasn't wearing the ring you gave her... that's how you know the family actually has it, right? How else could you be so sure? You apparently aren't 100% sure that she was wearing it at the funeral, so the really bothersome part here is just that she wasn't wearing it when you opened the casket. Probably added some fuel to the fire of your justifications in your head for taking her.

If the ring meant so much to you, perhaps you should offer her family an exchange? You'll give them their daughter, and you can have the ring back.

Yeah I think the ring is a big deal here ... made even more apparent by his statements that "it's pointless to talk about" and "forget about the ring for a second." Haha.

I'm not sure why he mistakenly thought Julie was wearing "HIS" ring, as he calls it. Maybe he left his glasses in the car and couldn't see well, or maybe Julie's hands were positioned in such a way that part of the ring was obscured and he just thought it was the ring her gave her ... or maybe he just smoked too much reefer. Either way, it seems he genuinely thought (and still does, apparently) she was wearing it during the service.

I do think it's possible he originally intended to steal the ring, not her body. But when he discovered it was "missing," he lost the last lonely marble that was rattling around in his head. I think he thinks Dick Tips or some other employee took the ring just to spite him (because, after all, everything is about him). He thinks he has this big "GOTCHA!" piece of info about the funeral home stealing jewelry, but he can't just come out and say it without ratting himself out. So he keeps making cryptic statements about picking up flowers, etc., then saying, "Think about it."

He emphasized numerous times that EVERYONE there knew that ring was a gift from him, because he said it loud enough for the whole chapel to hear (drama queen).

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbroken1 View Post
    ... Those people at the funeral home heard me say that it was something I gave her.

The first thing I said when I saw her was " Oh my God, she's wearing my ring".
    Right.... and if he asks his Mom if she remembers the first thing I said to her when I saw Julie...

I think everyone in the Chapel heard me say it.
    Jon she was wearing the ring I gave her.... when were they going to give that back to your Mom?
    ... hint, hint ... they can't give it back to mom because they "stole" it.

I can imagine that Julie's family is very upset with the funeral home about the situation, but Bill is the only one who seems out for vengeance ... saying he wants the funeral home's license revoked and trying to make Tips look bad with all the lawsuit stuff. (Thanks, Berm, for explaining what all that lawsuit stuff likely means!) Why is he so angry? They stole "his" ring!

I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I do think Heartbroken/Bill took her. I honestly don't think he had any bad intentions. I think he's someone who struggles w mental health issues to begin with and in a moment of real insanity, he thought he was "rescuing" Julie from having her body disrespected. Its also possible he had so many regrets for how their relationship ended and never had the time to make amends, so by possessing her body and giving her what he deemed to be respect, he felt he could make those amends.
    He later realized the truth, that he doesn't really have her, her spirit and essence have gone on and her remains aren't her anymore. That's why he's still obsessing over the crime scene and all the details of the funeral. He also seems to know an awful lot about the layout of that funeral home. He's aware of all the locked doors, the garage doors etc. I've lost several loved ones, and I never noticed a damn thing about the funeral home, other than the visitation room. I'm certainly not aware of more than one entrance and exit, but Bill seems to know them all.
    Bill, if you have her, then do the right thing. Turn her remains over to her family. All that matters to her family is getting her remains back and having closure. I'm sure you would get a great lawyer, court appointed or not, who would get you off on temporary insanity, mental health issues, whatever. You may even end up getting some help after this is all said and done. You'll never have peace until you do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachGirl View Post
    I do think Heartbroken/Bill took her. I honestly don't think he had any bad intentions. I think he's someone who struggles w mental health issues to begin with and in a moment of real insanity, he thought he was "rescuing" Julie from having her body disrespected. Its also possible he had so many regrets for how their relationship ended and never had the time to make amends, so by possessing her body and giving her what he deemed to be respect, he felt he could make those amends.
    He later realized the truth, that he doesn't really have her, her spirit and essence have gone on and her remains aren't her anymore. That's why he's still obsessing over the crime scene and all the details of the funeral. He also seems to know an awful lot about the layout of that funeral home. He's aware of all the locked doors, the garage doors etc. I've lost several loved ones, and I never noticed a damn thing about the funeral home, other than the visitation room. I'm certainly not aware of more than one entrance and exit, but Bill seems to know them all.
    Bill, if you have her, then do the right thing. Turn her remains over to her family. All that matters to her family is getting her remains back and having closure. I'm sure you would get a great lawyer, court appointed or not, who would get you off on temporary insanity, mental health issues, whatever. You may even end up getting some help after this is all said and done. You'll never have peace until you do the right thing.
    I didn't take her and I find it hard to believe that anyone else did.

I feel like no one gave a shit about her except for her mother and I when she was alive.
    Keep in mind that I'm the only person she talked to on a regular basis and she had been bedridden for a little over two years.

As for the "weirdness" and "obsessive" comments.... I'm weird and obsessive.

I'd say who cares but I get that that matters to anyone affected by all of this but it's laughable.

For anyone that actually knows me... there's no question.
    My family and friends know damn well that I didn't take her... and I don't really care about that either.
    Everyone else seems more into pointing fingers or speculating than actually discussing facts to figure out what happened.

I know what I know.
    I was truly blessed to have met someone as wonderful as Julie and I have so many great memories.

I hope the best for her family.

Wow. Body snatchers, and people who want their corpse to be violated. Big week for mds.

Match made in heaven?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

OK. I recently came across this case. Heartbroken/bill is a convenient scapegoat for MP Norths lack of security. Here is what isn't being discussed and why there are probably 100 suspects from at least the last 5 years.
    Employees; current and past. This includes mortuary students who are required to perform embalming and funeral directing cases at a funeral home to get their license. These particular students have a provisional license which allows them to practice. There is often no expectation that the student will stay at the funeral home after licensing. That's a hand full of people right there who have had access to the funeral home.

Mortuary service employees. Other funeral homes use these as well. As far as mission park, the vast majority of their embalmings (and first calls) are done by various contracted mortuary services who service multiple funeral homes and often have after hours access. These bodies are often delivered overnight when the funeral home is empty. These employees are funeral directors, provisional students, students with no provisional, and people with no funeral education whatsoever but just work as drivers. In 5 years that could be 100 people right there. Or anyone they shared the information with.

Students from the mortuary school. These are students who in their first or second semester are rotated through local funeral home for first hand experience. Potentially a hundred. Considering most wash out.

All of these people would have back door access. As far as mission park north, the embalming room code may be given out to anyone of the aforementioned people so they can get in and out while helping. Well at MP North that same code is also the alarm and code used on all padlocked doors. This is the more likely scenario. Who actually believes someone walked in broad day with a body unseen?

So the reality is this - security at mp north was/is compromised heavily and by not making these details public, and using a scapegoat the funeral home can save face.

I hope this can get linked to the facebook page as I don't use it and the family should know the root cause of this issue instead of being led to a scapegoat.

the scapegoat is the is a volunteer scapegoat. he signed up for it and put a 'hello my name is...' sticker on his shirt.
    most of us think there was an error at the crematorium. many of us, myself included, think she was cremated and her remains misplaced. I know I don't see some giant conspiracy going on. no ring is missing. this poor lady died from something she knew was going to kill her. She was blessed enough to be surrounded with the love of her family and friends these past few years. Her family must feel the loss quite deeply. Our hearts go out to them.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by rg90 View Post
    OK. I recently came across this case. Heartbroken/bill is a convenient scapegoat for MP Norths lack of security. Here is what isn't being discussed and why there are probably 100 suspects from at least the last 5 years.
    Employees; current and past. This includes mortuary students who are required to perform embalming and funeral directing cases at a funeral home to get their license. These particular students have a provisional license which allows them to practice. There is often no expectation that the student will stay at the funeral home after licensing. That's a hand full of people right there who have had access to the funeral home.

Mortuary service employees. Other funeral homes use these as well. As far as mission park, the vast majority of their embalmings (and first calls) are done by various contracted mortuary services who service multiple funeral homes and often have after hours access. These bodies are often delivered overnight when the funeral home is empty. These employees are funeral directors, provisional students, students with no provisional, and people with no funeral education whatsoever but just work as drivers. In 5 years that could be 100 people right there. Or anyone they shared the information with.

Students from the mortuary school. These are students who in their first or second semester are rotated through local funeral home for first hand experience. Potentially a hundred. Considering most wash out.

All of these people would have back door access. As far as mission park north, the embalming room code may be given out to anyone of the aforementioned people so they can get in and out while helping. Well at MP North that same code is also the alarm and code used on all padlocked doors. This is the more likely scenario. Who actually believes someone walked in broad day with a body unseen?

So the reality is this - security at mp north was/is compromised heavily and by not making these details public, and using a scapegoat the funeral home can save face.

I hope this can get linked to the facebook page as I don't use it and the family should know the root cause of this issue instead of being led to a scapegoat.

Welcome, rg90, and thanks for the info.

Do you believe that a mortuary student or or someone else from a mortuary service stole Julie's remains? Do you find that more plausible than Bill stealing the body (aside from the time of day issue, I mean)? Personally, I feel like the more deranged weirdos we try to fit into the scenario, the more implausible it becomes. And we already know for certain there was one weirdo lurking around the funeral home.

Early in the investigation, police said there were several persons of interest. Isn't it possible that if one or more of the mortuary students or embalmers were considered POIs, they were cleared before it was announced that LE believes an obsessed man took her?

And I must ask: How do you know the code is the same on all the doors? Did you work there?

Also, if you are indeed familiar with the funeral home security system, can you tell us which security company they use?

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    the scapegoat is the is a volunteer scapegoat. he signed up for it and put a 'hello my name is...' sticker on his shirt.
    most of us think there was an error at the crematorium. many of us, myself included, think she was cremated and her remains misplaced. I know I don't see some giant conspiracy going on. no ring is missing. this poor lady died from something she knew was going to kill her. She was blessed enough to be surrounded with the love of her family and friends these past few years. Her family must feel the loss quite deeply. Our hearts go out to them.

Yeah he definitely came here and proudly announced himself as the "obsessed man."

Technically, yes, there is a ring missing, just not the one Bill thinks is missing. The horse ring she was wearing during the service is gone, along with the rest of the jewelry she was wearing when her remains vanished. We know this because Bill eagerly told us many times that she had not been prepped for cremation when she disappeared. (And Julie's brother later confirmed the jewelry disappeared with the body.)

All jewelry is removed before cremation, so if she was cremated, that means someone from the funeral home/crematory has the jewelry. It also means that Dick Tips and at least one crematory employee are covering it up, which, technically, is a conspiracy, just not necessarily a giant one.

I don't think they have to remove jewelry before cremation. I was asked if I wanted my brother's removed and I didn't. They burn the jewelry with the body (or at least that's what I was told) The only thing I know for sure they have to remove is pacemakers or other medical devices.

Is any other preparation required prior to cremation?

It is essential that pacemakers and other medical devices be removed prior to cremation. They may explode when subjected to high temperature, which can be hazardous to crematory staff and equipment. In addition, any special mementos, such as jewelry, will be destroyed during the cremation process. Anything you wish to keep should be removed by the funeral director before the casket or container is transferred to the crematory.
    http://nfda.org/planning-a-funeral/cremation/160.html

Ah, thanks Berm. I had read the exact opposite. Maybe what I read was just one crematory's policy.

Also, Bill had made a comment that they hadn't prepped her for cremation or "returned her belongings" to the family, so I guess he thought they would remove the jewelry before cremation.

Thread Information