Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jayde Kendall (16) was murdered and an investigation is ongoing

Jayde Kendall (16) was murdered and an investigation is ongoing

DETECTIVES last night said they had grave concerns for Gatton teenager Jayde Kendall after discovering an item belonging to the schoolgirl off the side of the Warrego Highway.

Police divers late yesterday searched a dam on a property at Walloon, about 45km from Gatton, after the item was found. SES crews also searched the area.

The development came after police on Tuesday interviewed and released a man who had picked up Jayde, 16, from Lockyer District High School on Highview Ave on Friday about 3.15pm.

The teen, an avid art student, had been rostered to work at McDonald?s on Friday afternoon about 1km from the school. Instead, she was seen walking in a different direction and getting into a red car.

Jayde knew the man and they were associated through her school and work, police said. Jayde has not contacted family or friends since, nor used her mobile phone.

Her father contacted police on Friday at 9pm after he went to pick her up from work to find she was not there.

Detective Inspector Dave Isherwood said police interviewed the man driving the car, who gave them a ?version of events?.

?He is only a person of *interest and is not a suspect,? Insp Isherwood added.

The man had not come forward to police and was *located on Tuesday.

Police believe the teen was with the man for a number of hours and she got into his car ?of her own free will?.

?His version of events to date has been plausible but, like any version of events, they?ve got to be thoroughly investigated,? Insp Isherwood said.

He said there was no reason for the teen to be in the Walloon area and it was totally out of character for her to not have contacted family.

?At this point in time, we do have concerns for her *safety,? he said.

?We are hopeful that she has just run away, but we have got to be realistic ? the fact that there has been no contact with anyone is of some concern to us, and a major concern to the family.?

Insp Isherwood said that various rumours circulating on social media were false and ?garbage?.

Jayde is described as 155cm tall, with green eyes and brown hair.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1227490552798

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...ion_is_ongoing

Help Find Jayde Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJayde?fref=nf
    Last edited by hazydaze; 08-19-2015 at 05:35 PM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-2...micide/6713708

The disappearance of Queensland teenager Jayde Kendall is not being treated as a homicide, police say, as authorities continue to search for the 16-year-old who went missing last Friday.

Jayde was last seen leaving her Gatton high school where she got into a car being driven by an 18-year-old male friend.

He has provided a "plausible" explanation of their time together, however police said in a press conference this morning that they need to verify his version of events.

"There is no information which has come forward that we can [use to] verify the story that has been given by the driver," Detective Inspector Dave Isherwood said.

"He has given a plausible explanation.

"But our inquiries have not been able to determine if that explanation is true and correct or if it's false.

"That's why this appeal is so important."

Detective Inspector Isherwood said it was unusual that Jayde and the man were together on the day she went missing.

PHOTO: Police are asking anyone who might have seen this car in Gatton to come forward as the search for teenager Jayde Kendall continues. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
    They knew each other from McDonalds, where Jayde worked and the man frequented, but the two did not regularly hang out.

Jayde's family also did not know the man.

"It will remain as a suspicious missing person," Inspector Isherwood said.

"At this point in time there is no evidence to suggest she has met with harm.

"But the fact she hasn't been seen for seven days is of concern."

Anyone who saw a red Toyota Corolla between 3:00pm and 6:00pm last Friday has been asked to come forward.

The man was wearing a dark coloured or black T-shirt.

"We know the driver and missing person were in the CBD and we believed they were in the outer surrounds of the Gatton township," Inspector Isherwood said.

The 2003 model car is weathered with its roof paint faded, front headlights appearing aged, and its left back hubcap missing.

PHOTO: The search continues for missing 16-year-old Jade Kendall, last seen at her school ?Lockyer District High School ? on Friday. (ABC News: Stephanie Smail)
    Kendall's bank account has not been accessed since she disappeared, nor has she used her mobile phone to call her family.

A personal item belonging to Jayde was found about 40 kilometres away from her school on a service road off the Warrego Highway at Walloon.

Investigators believed it was thrown from a moving car.

Detective Inspector Isherwood said police were not ruling anything in or out.

"Hopefully she's just a missing person who's run away ? that's what we'd like," he said.

"But at this point [in] time as time goes on we have to be realistic ? it may be that the investigation turns from a missing person into a homicide investigation.

"The reality is that she's a 16-year-old girl ? her background would say she has no reason to run away, there is no indication that she would run away.

"But from my experience, 16-year-old girls often don't tell their parents or friends if they've got issues."

Police and State Emergency Service (SES) crews spent yesterday scouring bushland near Ipswich and a dam on a local property for clues about her disappearance.

They were due to continue searching along the Warrego Highway today.

Anyone who has seen the car or has other information which may be useful has been urged to contact police.

How far away is this Hazy? It was posted to the fb you linked

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    How far away is this Hazy? It was posted to the fb you linked

Its about 40km or about a half hour drive, its close

Police investigating the disappearance of Gatton teen Jayde Kendall believe the movements of a red car in the Lockyer Valley area on the day she vanished are crucial to their investigation.

Jayde, 16, was last seen on the afternoon of Friday August 14 at Highview Avenue around 3.15pm. Jayde is described as Caucasian, 155cms tall with brown hair, green eyes and a proportionate build.

Jayde’s bank account was accessed through at an ATM on Railway Street, Gatton at 5.45pm and 5.47pm on Friday, August 14.

Police have previously released images of a vehicle of interest, a red Toyota Corolla five door hatchback and believe it was in the Gatton business district at that time.

Acting Detective Inspector Matt Howard urged anyone who may have seen the car to contact police

“Jayde’s account was accessed at the Commonwealth Bank at Railway Street at 5.45pm and 5.47pm. We are urging anyone who may have seen Jayde or the vehicle of interest at that time to contact Crime Stoppers.”

“We are also asking landowners in and around the Gatton area to search their properties, and alert police to anything unusual – even something as seemingly insignificant as a gate left open,” Acting Detective Inspector Howard said.

“We really need to gather as much information as possible to try to find Jayde. We are relying on members of the public to think hard about what they saw in the Gatton area on August 14.

The car is distinctive with faded and damaged paint on the roof, a missing left rear hubcap and faded/dulled headlights.

The car may have been driven by a man described as Caucasian, around 18 years of age, 180cm tall, with dark hair.

Police are urging anyone who believes they may have seen the car or Jayde to contact Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2015...jayde-kendall/

Sad
    Attached Images Attached Images

Police media conference just confirmed it's her.

THE BODY of missing teenager Jayde Kendall has been found after a search near Gatton.

A local resident searching their property found the body about 9.30am today and contacted police.

Detective Acting Inspector Matt Howard confirmed on Thursday night a body located on a property near Gatton, where Jayde lived, is that of the 16-year-old.

An 18-year-old man who owned a car Jayde was last seen getting into on August 14 has been arrested and will be charged with murder later on Thursday, Insp Howard said
    Police believe he acted alone.

The man, who was the last person known to have seen the 16-year-old, can now be identified as Brenden Bennetts, 18.

Inspector Howard told journalists a member of the public tipped tipped off police to the location of the body after they put out an appeal for assistance.

“As previously reported, we asked members of the community to search their land and property for anything that was out of place,” Insp Howard said.

“And as a result, a member of the community contacted Crime Stoppers and led us to this area where we conducted a search and located the body.”

Insp Howard explained the investigation had been taxing on everyone involved - especially Jayde’s family as they learnt of the discovery.

“I’ve spoken with Jayde’s father and her extended family, and as you can imagine they are very upset to hear this news,” Inspector Howard said.

He declined to elaborate on the exact location the body was discovered.

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1227501461305

Brenden's Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brenden.bennetts?ref=br_rs

Creeper
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure what was already updated on here before the server crash.

The man charged with the murder of Gatton teenager Jayde Kendall intends to fight the charge, his lawyer said on Friday morning.
    Brenden Bennetts, 18, a friend of the slain 16-year-old, was remanded in custody during a brief appearance in Brisbane Magistrate Court on Friday.

He was ordered to reappear in Ipswich Magistrates Court next Friday.
    Outside the court at the conclusion of the hearing, Mr Bennetts' lawyer Brendan Ryan said he intended to fight both the murder charge and a further charge of interfering with a corpse.
    "There is a not guilty plea, that's correct," he said.

Inside the courtroom, Mr Bennetts, dressed in brown prison-issue tracksuit pants and jumper, appeared calm as he sat in the dock, betraying no emotion as his case was discussed.
    The teenager's parents supported him in court, along with his girlfriend who sat crying at the back of the packed room mouthing, "I love you" to him when he entered.
    At times, he smiled when he looked in the direction of the girl.
    His parents showed no emotion and stared in the direction of the magistrate, rather than their son, for most of the hearing.
    As the prosecution made a successful application to collect DNA from the accused killer, Mr Bennetts' gaze shifted between the benches of the magistrates and lawyers to the back of the courtroom where his supporters were seated.
    Mr Ryan said his client would apply to the Supreme Court for bail "in due course", but said investigators had already indicated their opposition in an affidavit filed in the wake of the charges being laid.
    Police will allege Mr Bennetts, a school friend of Jayde's who finished his studies at Lockyer Valley District High School last year, murdered the teenager sometime between 3.20pm and 6pm on Friday, August 14, the day she vanished.
    Mr Bennetts admitted to police he collected Jayde after school that day in his red Toyota Corolla but told them he dropped her off in time for her shift at a local McDonalds later that afternoon.
    However, police will allege he killed her and dumped her body on a property in Upper Tenthill, 17 kilometres south of Gatton.
    Mr Ryan said the investigation was still in its early days but he believed his client had a strong defence to mount.
    "There are circumstances behind what has occurred and a lot of circumstances are yet to be revealed," he said.
    "The police investigation is still limited. The charges have been brought, but police are still constructing their case.
    "There is always a defence case, no matter what allegations might have been made by police and there is certainly a defence case to be made in this particular matter."
    Mr Ryan described Mr Bennetts and Jayde as friend of "a limited acquaintanceship" and said the teenager had "significant remorse" for her family.
    "Not only for her family but friends of the family, his own family. The absolute tragic events that have taken over his families lives," he said.
    "(Mr Bennetts' parents) are doing the best they can under the circumstances ... (they) are all caught up in an absolute tragedy."
    Investigators initially cleared Mr Bennetts' of involvement but their suspicions grew when no-one was able to corroborate his version of events on the afternoon of Jayde's disappearance.
    Several public appeals for information for anybody who had seen the car in Gatton or surrounding areas that day, along with an appeal to landowners to check their properties, ultimately led to the discovery of Jayde's body on Thursday morning.
    The teenager's disappearance after school two weeks ago sparked a major investigation and Gatton, a rural township in the Lockyer Valley west of Brisbane, mobilised to find the teenager.
    The tragic outcome of the investigation is being mourned widely in the town on Friday, with people being urged to "wear purple for Jayde".
    Her family has requested privacy as they come to terms with the tragedy.
    Despite Mr Bennett's seemingly calm demeanour in the courtroom, Mr Ryan said his client was taking the events of the past 24 hours particularly hard.
    "He's extremely depressed, down, agitated but at the same time, he will be extremely quiet and reserved," he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz3k6Xj6oxE
    Follow us: @brisbanetimes on Twitter | brisbanetimes on Facebook

Olivia, I can't see the picture you posted.

Last edited by bermstalker; 08-28-2015 at 02:35 AM.

I can see it.

It was screenshOts of his FB but they aren't working for me either anymore

I can see them on my phone, couldn't earlier on my pc. Strange.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So sad. Poor Jayde.

A car allegedly belonging by a man accused of murdering Queensland teen Jayde Kendall was captured on CCTV on the day she went missing, just kilometres from where her body was later found.

The 16-year-old’s body was found on farmland in Upper Tenthill on Thursday, 13 days after she vanished on August 14.

CCTV vision from that day showed a red Toyota Corolla hatchback driving past a petrol station in Gatton, less than six kilometres from where Jayde’s body was eventually discovered.

Police will allege the car in the video belongs to 18-year-old Brenden Bennetts, who stands accused of his school friend’s murder.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...3WJuz11RJWH.99

He is a creeper. An 18 year old killing a 16 year old and it doesn't surprise me. At that age I was thinking about girls, beer, music and girls. In the normal way.

Quote Originally Posted by Semtex City View Post
    He is a creeper. An 18 year old killing a 16 year old and it doesn't surprise me. At that age I was thinking about girls, beer, music and girls. In the normal way.

Quote Originally Posted by Semtex City View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    What part don't you understand?

Olivia posted that he was a creeper. I agreed. An 18 year old kid kiling a 16 year old kid doesn't surprise me any more. Which is sad. Last, at 18 I chased girls for dates and fun, I didn't go around thinking about murdering them.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Jumaki must be having an off day, Semtex...it's okay.

Welcome to mds!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Jumaki must be having an off day, Semtex...it's okay.

Welcome to mds!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I'm gathering that you assumed Semtex was female. And she very well could be, but I'm thinking he's a dude

Don't worry Semtex, it's natural for people to automatically assume new members are female here since we're the majority. It only proves that chicks are sick fucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm gathering that you assumed Semtex was female. And she very well could be, but I'm thinking he's a dude

Don't worry Semtex, it's natural for people to automatically assume new members are female here since we're the majority. It only proves that chicks are sick fucks
    I dunno, the wording of it just seemed off for whatever reason when I read it the other day. Sometimes, my brain is dumb

Thread Information