Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dublin Airport seized a Minion ''fart gun'' from a toddler

Dublin Airport seized a Minion ''fart gun'' from a toddler

Dublin Airport seized a Minion ''fart gun'' from a toddler, called it a security risk

We all might roll our eyes at airport security, but the truth is they're doing a job and trying to keep us all safe.

Sure, it might be a pain to separate liquids into a bag and having to go through scanners and so forth, but it's all to put your mind at ease. However, Dublin Airport's security might have taken it one step too far.

When passing through security at the airport, a Minion fart gun - seen below - was seized from a young toddler and taken away. The security officers claimed it was a 'threat' and took the toy gun away from the child.

Daire Fitzpatrick was returning to Ireland from the UK with her son, Leo. However, when she and Leo went through security at Dublin, the security officers demanded that the boy hand over the Minion-themed fart blaster. Because, let's face it, nobody likes stinky farts on a long-haul flight.

Paula has since demanded that Dublin Airport security return the toy to Leo as he's no doubt heartbroken without it. Dublin Airport responded to her tweet, saying that she should contact the DAA on her return and go from there.

Look, we may dislike Minions and think they're downright annoying, but that's no reason to take away a child's toy. It may have something to do with a certain terrorising Minion, however.

If I can't have my minion fart gun, I just don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Can you imagine how fuckin annoying that thing would be on a flight

but farts are funny...It's what I got my nephew for Christmas last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

We've got one too but I don't wanna be trapped in a confined space with it, especially if it's in the hands of my "this never gets old" toddler.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Why didn't they just put it in baggage. Geez. The parents had to have known how annoying it would be for other passengers if the kid had it in his hot little hands for the flight.

I truly believe that it was this fact and not that it was potentially dangerous that motivated the confiscation. Unless "potentially dangerous" meant some fellow passenger strangling the kid to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Hmm not sure which would be more annoying. Kid with fart gun or kid and parents whining because the meanies took his toy.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Hmm not sure which would be more annoying. Kid with fart gun or kid and parents whining because the meanies took his toy.
    Kid with fart gun on airplane. Hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I can see the whole if it looks like a gun, it's not coming into the plane even if it's clearly a plastic fart shooter. These people don't have time to argue with everyone over if the gun looks fake enough. Just don't be a dick and try to take a gun like toy on a plane. There always has to be an asshole who thinks they should get an exemption and it's just sad that social media is giving them such a platform. Does the whole world really need to know you can't keep your kid quiet with anything else but farts? It's from Dublin to the UK, that's like an hour flight, what are we talking about? Poor woman, does she already have a gofundme or something?
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    It was stuffed with gunpowder, though!

Seriously, it was a fart gun. I can turn my belt into a lethal weapon. My keys too. Who the fuck do they think they're protecting from a fart gun? And they're so stupid at airports they'll make you take your gun belt buckle off, despite the fact that it's not a gun and doesn't shoot anything.

The world is safe once again! Safe from the clutches of a four year old with a fart gun!!!! We can all sleep well tonight, knowing that airport security has apprehended a real criminal!!!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Whoa, do you remember life when you were 5? I had a favorite stuffed dog that had a water balloon in his belly. If that toy was taken from me, I would have been devastated and had a total melt down. No fun for all parties involved.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Whoa, do you remember life when you were 5? I had a favorite stuffed dog that had a water balloon in his belly. If that toy was taken from me, I would have been devastated and had a total melt down. No fun for all parties involved.
    Hell. I still get cranky if someone tries to take my special pillow. That's why i think i'd have put up with the gun.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This is true. I don't know why I'm making an example from when I was 5. You reeeally don't want to take my ball these days..

Airport security & the Gardai have good reason to take a hardline on minions. Let's not forget the recent attack on innocent Irish motorists

There must be a connection between Irish people and minions. My bf is obsessed with them too and he's 35..

I just got that same fart gun for my nephew at his birthday party

That would be seriously annoying on a plane though, but knowing my husband he would encourage the kids to bring it as a carry on and HE would be the one setting it off when people walked by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    There must be a connection between Irish people and minions. My bf is obsessed with them too and he's 35..
    I think you're right .. I'm Irish and I love them as do my 43 yr old daughter and my grandsons.
    There's a sweetness to those yellow creatures

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

My entire desk is loaded with tiny little minions. My daughters keep giving them to me as gifts.

I want that fart gun.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I recently flew out of Sioux City, their airport code is SUX, LOL
    This airport has 2 gates and one security line.
    Well they do suck, because they took away one of Harper's toys, a little 3-4 inch tall square that had colored oil and water in it and you flip it upside down and watch the oil fall down the maze.
    The TSA guy took it and said "Hmm...this probably has more than 3 ounces in it."
    Harper was sad.
    When we were boarding I looked back and the TSA guy was PLAYING WITH IT and showing his TSA friend.
    Bonus- In his haste to confiscate Harper's deadly toy, he overlooked the Swiss army knife in my bag.
    (I didn't even know it was there, I found it when I got home)
    Way to go, SUX!

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I recently flew out of Sioux City, their airport code is SUX, LOL
    This airport has 2 gates and one security line.
    Well they do suck, because they took away one of Harper's toys, a little 3-4 inch tall square that had colored oil and water in it and you flip it upside down and watch the oil fall down the maze.
    The TSA guy took it and said "Hmm...this probably has more than 3 ounces in it."
    Harper was sad.
    When we were boarding I looked back and the TSA guy was PLAYING WITH IT and showing his TSA friend.
    Bonus- In his haste to confiscate Harper's deadly toy, he overlooked the Swiss army knife in my bag.
    (I didn't even know it was there, I found it when I got home)
    Way to go, SUX!

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

My grandson has one. He loves it. It also makes a banana smell when fired. He would be devastated if someone took it away.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Why didn't they just put it in baggage. Geez. The parents had to have known how annoying it would be for other passengers if the kid had it in his hot little hands for the flight.

I truly believe that it was this fact and not that it was potentially dangerous that motivated the confiscation. Unless "potentially dangerous" meant some fellow passenger strangling the kid to death.
    Exactly, and fuck the parents too. Motherfuckers.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    IKR? What kind of asshole thinks it's a good idea to let a toddler bring a farting toy onto a plane? Since they got so indignant about security taking it, I'm sure they would have been total dicks to any annoyed fellow passengers if they'd got through security with the toy.

Thread Information