Page 121 of 161 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4018

Thread: Celeb Gossip #2 - Continue Here

OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53297864

This gotta be the Onion yet the article is coming from BBC News about Kanye West Running for President.
    I said that about our current president about four years ago.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I said that about our current president about four years ago.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...the-Day/page19

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...n-ready!/page4

Take your pick. All Kanye Updates are all over the place.

Yeah, I think he's serious, but no thanks, I don't do politics. I don't think anybody cares about my opinion any more than I care about theirs - nor should they.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Yeah, I think he's serious, but no thanks, I don't do politics. I don't think anybody cares about my opinion any more than I care about theirs - nor should they.
    I blame social media. What happened to not talking about religion, politics or money?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I blame social media. What happened to not talking about religion, politics or money?
    Yep. Everybody is a star. Everybody's opinion matters.

Nope, not to me it doesn't. Never has, never will. Your [generic your] political ideology means absolutely nothing to me. I'm not going to hate you because your politics don't align with mine, I'm not even going to cluck my tongue and roll my eyes at your "cluelessness." It's just not important enough to me in terms of our relationship. I don't demand party loyalty from the surgeon who is getting ready to operate on me, or the pilot who will fly my plane - I'm sure as feck not going to demand it from people I love and care about.

Until four years ago, I didn't even know where most of my friends stood on the political spectrum. We agreed on a lot of things and disagreed on a lot of things, but it never occurred to me to assign any of them with the label "Democrat" or "Republican." And if you asked me to at the time, I'd be hard pressed (based on our conversations) to say any of them were strictly one or the other. My more liberal friends have espoused conservative views and vice versa. Preferring to think for myself, I've never been loyal to a party, and I sort of thought everybody was like that, except old people set in their ways. Oh my, how wrong I was....

Try Being a Biology/biotech major these days. You have to deal with politicians interfering with my industry because the President and Governors decided to rant about COVID-19 conspiracies because its election season and they need the Anti-Vaxxers Vote. Its a case of Politics invading with my major.

Try Being a computer programmer you have to also get invaded by politics too such as Data privacy and other stuff.

Law Enforcement too obvious to get dragged into politics.

Name an industry or college thats not invaded by politics???

https://deadline.com/2020/07/empire-...ix-1202984981/

Bryshere Gray, who played Hakeem on the Fox drama Empire, was arrested near Phoenix today after his wife told police he assaulted her for hours and choked her unconscious at their home Sunday night.

Local police said the actor was arrested early Monday outside his home in suburban Goodyear, AZ. Officers said Gray initially refused to come out of the house, so a SWAT team and crisis negotiations were called in to assist.

He was taken into custody without incident a little after 7 a.m, and was booked into the Maricopa County Jail on domestic violence charges.

Goodyear Police said they responded to a 911 call made at about 10:15 p.m. Sunday. The caller said an adult female allegedly told him that she had been assaulted by her husband at their home. She named Gray as the suspect and identified herself as his wife

In a press release, police said the woman had flagged down a bystander at a local gas station and told the driver that she had been assaulted for several hours. Police said she clearly was injured and told them her husband had choked her to the point where she lost consciousness. The woman was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at a local hospital and later released.
    Gray appeared in all 102 episodes of Empire, which wrapped its six-year run on Fox in April. He co-starred as Hakeem Lyon, a fame-obsessed rising rapper and youngest son of Lucious and Cookie Lyon (Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson). He earned nominations for BET, Image and Teen Choice awards for the role.

His credits also include the indie features Sprinter, Canal Street and Honey: Rise Up and Dance.

I guess I have to watch more TV or just stay out of the "Celeb" threads because I have no idea who any of these people are. Most of the celebrities I can relate to are dead now.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I guess I have to watch more TV or just stay out of the "Celeb" threads because I have no idea who any of these people are. Most of the celebrities I can relate to are dead now.
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'll third that.
    Seriously. No idea who most of these peeps are.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Finally someone I know. But I only know him as Mariah Carey's ex-husband. I think he's the father of her twins? Maybe?

Anyway, I watched the video but it's so fragmented that there is no context and I have no idea wtf he's on about.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/15/89154...shot-on-sunday

Popular rapper and singer Megan Thee Stallion said on Wednesday that she had been shot during an incident that took place in the Hollywood Hills early Sunday morning.

In an Instagram post, Megan wrote: "On Sunday morning, I suffered gunshot wounds, as a result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me."

She continued, "I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullets. I'm incredibly grateful to be alive and that I'm expected to make a full recovery, but it was important for me to clarify the details about this traumatic night."

Early media reports, including one posted on TMZ, attributed her injuries to the rapper having stepped on broken glass during the incident. Police had reportedly responded to a complaint about an argument outside a house party in the Hollywood Hills. TMZ reported that witnesses heard people arguing inside an SUV, and that shots were fired outside the party. When police tracked down the SUV, they encountered three people in the car: Megan, fellow rapper Tory Lanez and an unidentified woman. Lanez (born Daystar Peterson) was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle.

In her Instagram statement, Megan did not identify the shooter. Her statement was released shortly after TMZ posted a video of Lanez' arrest. During the footage, a woman who appears to be Megan is shown exiting the SUV with her hands up following a policeman's orders, and is also shown handcuffed.

The 25-year-old musician's song "Savage" went to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in May, after it went viral on TikTok and was remixed in a version featuring Beyonc?.

Last October, Megan, whose real name is Megan Pete, performed as part of NPR Music's popular Tiny Desk concert series.

Damn up2trouble has recently showed us recent shootings on Rappers and some of these people are waiting for a court hearing though.

She continued, "I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullets. I'm incredibly grateful to be alive and that I'm expected to make a full recovery, but it was important for me to clarify the details about this traumatic night."
    So I blame the police for the fact we're going to have to tolerate yet more of MTS's incessant twerking. John Landers is right.... bad cops!

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/15/89154...shot-on-sunday

Damn up2trouble has recently showed us recent shootings on Rappers and some of these people are waiting for a court hearing though.
    I heard it was Tony Lanez who shot her. But this story confuses me....he shot her and then they were all in the car together after??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...kplace-culture

Ellen faces allegations that her management failed to stop the Toxic Workplace culture

Ellen DeGeneres has built her worldwide, multimillion-dollar brand on the motto “be kind,” with lavish giveaways and acts of charity. But behind the scenes, current and former employees on her leading daytime show say they faced racism, fear, and intimidation.

“That ‘be kind’ bullshit only happens when the cameras are on. It’s all for show,” one former employee told BuzzFeed News. “I know they give money to people and help them out, but it’s for show.”

BuzzFeed News spoke to one current and 10 former employees on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, all of whom asked to remain anonymous, fearing retribution from the award-winning NBC daytime talk show and others in the entertainment industry. They said they were fired after taking medical leave or bereavement days to attend family funerals. One employee, who claims she was fed up with comments about her race, essentially walked off the job. Others said they were also instructed by their direct managers to not speak to DeGeneres if they saw her around the office.

Most of the former employees blamed executive producers and other senior managers for the day-to-day toxicity, but one former employee said that, ultimately, it’s Ellen’s name on the show and “she really needs to take more responsibility” for the workplace environment.

“If she wants to have her own show and have her name on the show title, she needs to be more involved to see what's going on,” one former employee said. “I think the executive producers surround her and tell her, ‘Things are going great, everybody's happy,’ and she just believes that, but it's her responsibility to go beyond that.”

In a joint statement to BuzzFeed News, executive producers Ed Glavin, Mary Connelly, and Andy Lassner said they take the stories of the employees "very seriously."

"Over the course of nearly two decades, 3,000 episodes, and employing over 1000 staff members, we have strived to create an open, safe, and inclusive work environment," they said. "We are truly heartbroken and sorry to learn that even one person in our production family has had a negative experience. It’s not who we are and not who we strive to be, and not the mission Ellen has set for us.

"For the record, the day to day responsibility of the Ellen show is completely on us. We take all of this very seriously and we realize, as many in the world are learning, that we need to do better, are committed to do better, and we will do better."

A Black woman who used to work on The Ellen DeGeneres Show told BuzzFeed News she experienced racist comments, actions, and “microaggressions” during her year and a half as an employee. She said when she was hired, a senior-level producer told her and another Black employee, “Oh wow, you both have box braids; I hope we don’t get you confused.” And at a work party, she said, one of the main writers told her, “I’m sorry, I only know the names of the white people who work here,” and other coworkers “awkwardly laughed it off” instead of coming to her defense.

When the former employee brought up issues of race and representation on the show and asked producers not to use offensive terms like “spirit animal” in segments, her colleagues called her “the PC police.”

When she started to speak up about the discrimination, she said, all of her colleagues distanced themselves from her.

“Whenever I brought up an issue to my white male boss, he would bring up some random story about some random Black friend that he had and how they managed to get over stuff,” she said. “He would use his Black friend as some way to say, ‘I understand your struggle.’ But it was all performative bullshit.”
    After one year at Ellen, she said she asked for a raise after learning another recent hire made double for doing the same job, despite her having worked in the television industry for a decade. Her manager told her “they’d see what they could do,” but months went by and nothing happened, she said.

"They definitely don’t practice what they preach with the ‘be kind’ mantra."
    The former employee said she was also called into a meeting with executive producer Ed Glavin, where she was reprimanded for her objections to the term “spirit animal,” asking for a raise, and suggesting employees on the show receive diversity and inclusion training.

“He said that I was walking around looking resentful and angry,” she said.

After the meeting, she left work for the day and never returned to The Ellen DeGeneres Show. She said she has no plans to ever work in the entertainment industry again. For years, she felt “a fear of speaking out” but is now inspired to share her experience because of recent conversations about race in Hollywood and other workplaces.

“I feel like I’m not alone in this,” she said. “We all feel this. We’ve been feeling this way, but I’ve been too afraid to say anything because everyone knows what happens when you say something as a Black person. You’re blacklisted.”

The former employee also said her manager from Ellen recently reached out to her amid the Black Lives Matter protests to apologize for not being a better ally. But the former employee said it's too little, too late.

“I feel angry about the way I was treated, and I am always going to stand up for Black, Indigenous, Latino, and Asian people, regardless if they’re around,” she said. “I can’t not say anything. I’m not going to stop talking.”

We want your help! If you have more information or a tip regarding workplace culture on the Ellen show or in Hollywood, contact krystie.yandoli@buzzfeed.com, or reach us securely at tips.buzzfeed.com.
    There have been rumors for years about DeGeneres being difficult and how many employees feel unhappy. In March, comedian Kevin T. Porter started a Twitter thread asking people to share “the most insane stories you’ve heard about Ellen [DeGeneres] being mean.” The tweet has more than 2,600 replies.

In April, Variety reported that employees were “distressed and outraged” by top-level producers who didn’t communicate details about their jobs and pay at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. DeGeneres’s former bodyguard also recently said he had had a negative experience with her at the 2014 Oscars, calling the TV host’s treatment of others “demeaning.”

A spokesperson for Warner Bros. Television, which distributes the show, told Variety that the crew was consistently paid during the pandemic, although at reduced hours, and “acknowledged that communication could have been better, but cited complications due to the chaos caused by COVID-19.”

A current employee told BuzzFeed News that on May 1, the same day the story about the former bodyguard was published, executive producers took the rare move of holding an all-staff meeting over Zoom to address the negative stories and low morale.

“I think it is a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to the show’s brand,” a former employee said. “They pull on people’s heartstrings; they do know that’s going to get likes and what people are going to go for, which is a positive message. But that’s not always reality.”
    After working on The Ellen DeGeneres Show for nearly a year, one former employee said they took medical leave for one month to check into a mental health facility for a suicide attempt. But the week they returned to work, they were told their position was being eliminated.

“You'd think that if someone just tried to kill themselves, you don’t want to add any more stress to their lives,” the employee, whose story was corroborated by four other employees and medical records, told BuzzFeed News.

“Some of the producers talk openly in public about addiction and mental health awareness, but they’re the reason there’s a stigma,” they said. “They definitely don’t practice what they preach with the ‘be kind’ mantra."

Another former employee said they were fired after an unexpectedly difficult year that required them to take time away from the job on three occasions: medical leave for three weeks after they were in a car accident, working remotely for two days to attend a family member’s funeral, and then three days off to travel for another family member’s funeral. Each request was a battle with supervisors and HR, they added.

“That’s the definition of a toxic work environment, where they make you feel like you’re going insane and then you’re like, no, everything I was feeling was right. It was all leading up to this,” the former staffer, whose story was corroborated by five former employees and medical records, said.

A third former employee said they were given a warning for creating a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for medical costs that weren’t covered by their company health insurance and then sharing it on social media.

Just 24 hours after posting the GoFundMe, they said, they were called into the department head’s office and told to take it down because of concerns it might hurt DeGeneres’s image.

“They discovered my fundraiser, then got mad at me. … They were more concerned about Ellen’s brand instead of helping me out,” the former employee, whose story was corroborated by four other employees, told BuzzFeed News.

About one month later, this employee said they were fired after posting a selfie laughing with coworkers at the office on a personal Instagram story — a violation of their contract — even though others had posted similar photos before.

“Be kind to the world,” they said, “not your employees.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...kplace-culture

Part 2

According to employees, there’s a division between staff members who work on the show: people who “drink the Kool-Aid” and are usually well-liked by producers, and people who recognize the work environment is toxic. Those who push back against senior producers don’t usually have their contracts renewed, former employees said.

“They hire people who maybe are inexperienced with how a functional, nontoxic work environment actually is, or someone who just wants to be in that atmosphere so bad that they'll put up with it,” one former employee claimed. “They kind of feed off of that, like, ‘This is Ellen; this is as good as it gets. You'll never find anything better than this.’”

According to former staffers, those who have “more likable” personality traits, who are willing to work the 10-plus-hour days without complaint, and who actively ignore how managers and senior-level producers treat others have been given new iPhones, JetBlue gift cards, and other swag the show keeps on hand from its sponsors.

“I remember feeling depressed and horrible and sad and just thinking that I can’t leave but I want to leave,” one former employee said. “Everyone was unhappy unless you were one of those people being favored.”

Some employees defended the show’s work culture, saying it’s typical of TV production, but other former employees with experience in the industry said The Ellen DeGeneres Show stood apart as particularly negative.

“We all have a kind of ‘this isn’t normal’ feeling about how people get treated there,” one former employee claimed. “And there’s this ushering out the door. Or your contract isn’t renewed the minute you ruffle anyone’s feathers. Or you don't show that you're extremely grateful and appreciative to work there.”

The employees who spoke to BuzzFeed News said they worked in a culture dominated by fear. One of them said a general feeling among staffers was “if you have an issue, don't even think about bringing it up.”

“I never felt like it was safe to go to my manager when I had issues — because this was the same person who would wait for me to go to the bathroom and then message me, asking me where I was and why I wasn’t at my desk,” one employee said.

“People focus on rumors about how Ellen is mean and everything like that, but that's not the problem. The issue is these three executive producers running the show who are in charge of all these people [and] who make the culture and are putting out this feeling of bullying and being mean,” another former employee claimed. “They feel that everybody who works at The Ellen Show is lucky to work there — ‘So if you have a problem, you should leave because we’ll hire someone else because everybody wants to work here.’”

And when people did leave — or get fired — managers never addressed the team about it, employees said.

“We had Friday morning weekly meetings, and sometimes people who we worked with forever just wouldn’t be there,” one former employee said, “like, they disappeared, and it was never explained." ●

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ell...ve-1234582735/

Crew members from Ellen DeGeneres’ long-running daytime talk show are distressed and outraged over their treatment from top producers amid the coronavirus pandemic, numerous insiders affiliated with the series told Variety.

The core stage crew for “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” consisting of more than 30 employees, received no written communication about the status of their working hours, pay, or inquiries about their mental and physical health from producers for over a month, said two sources, both of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity. Higher-ups in production would occasionally answer phone calls but reveal little, added one of the sources. The crew was further incensed by the show’s recent hire of an outside, non-union tech company to help DeGeneres tape remotely from her home in California.

When production executives finally did weigh in, nearly all crew members were told last week to brace for a 60% reduction in pay, even as the show continues to air, according to sources close to the matter.

Only four core crew members currently work on the remote version of the broadcast, added insiders, who find this treatment to be totally inconsistent with DeGeneres’ daily message to her audiences: “be kind.”

A spokesperson for Warner Bros. Television, which distributes the show, told Variety, “Our executive producers and Telepictures are committed to taking care of our staff and crew and have made decisions first and foremost with them in mind.” The studio reiterated the crew has been paid consistently, though at reduced hours.

For more than two weeks, from late March through April 9, crew members — from lighting to camera operators to grips — were left in the dark about if and how much they would be paid. Phone calls to crew members from a production coordinator at Telepictures, the Warner Bros. unit that produces “Ellen,” were sporadic and often lacking any information before and after the 14-day blackout.

The lack of transparency continued as DeGeneres expanded her output from hosting four shows a week to five, shot over two days, said individuals with knowledge of the schedule. Radio silence from producers created anxiety among crew members who feared they would be furloughed and, in that case, would need to explore unemployment benefits.

A Warner Bros. spokesperson acknowledged that communication could have been better, but cited complications due to the chaos caused by COVID-19.

On April 2, the majority of the crew members were shocked to discover that DeGeneres had a remote set erected at her residence where she was taping, a fact they learned via social media posts from colleagues in other departments, insiders said.

Under normal circumstances, “Ellen” tapes four days a week. Studio episodes of the show were last shot the week of March 9. The crew was last paid in full for the week of March 16, when the Warner Bros. lot was shut down as a precaution to prevent the spread of coronavirus, according to the studio. The following week of March 23 was a planned spring break hiatus.

“When returning from break, the crew was paid the week of March 30th despite having no firm plans for production to resume,” the spokesperson said. Pay reduced to 8 hours from 10 hours per work day for the week of the 30th, insiders said.

As of April 10, crew was told to expect a reduced compensation of two, 8-hour work days per week. In the hours following Variety’s Wednesday request for comment on the reduced pay and lack of communication, word began circulating among crew that they would be restored to their full four-day work weeks. An individual close to Warner Bros. disputed that timeline, saying the crew is paid in arrears and the final hour count had not yet been finalized.

Adding insult to injury, sources said that while most of the crew was left out of work with reduced pay, the remote production has hired Key Code Media, a Burbank-based audiovisual house, to help produce technical elements of the show while crew members with the same skills sit idle. Each of DeGeneres’ crew is affiliated with the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees union.

One local IATSE rep spoke with “Ellen” producers about the crew’s concerns the week of April 7, sources said, and reported back that their understanding was that union members would continue to be paid. The union rep advised the crew to “watch closely,” one person familiar with the exchange said. An IATSE spokesperson did not immediately comment on the matter. The studio said the third-party hire was cleared with union reps.

“Due to social distancing requirements, technical changes in the way the show is produced had to be made to comply with city ordinances and public health protocols,” said a WB spokesperson, adding that no crew member lost a job in the hiring of Key Code.

On her April 7 return to the air, DeGeneres told viewers she “wanted to start doing my new show as soon as possible.” The host specifically said it was for “my staff and crew. I love them, I miss them, the best thing I can do to support them is to keep the show on the air.”

More upsetting for many crew members is a lack of personal outreach from show leadership to check on longtime employees amid the public health crisis, said sources. The stage crew operates separately from DeGeneres’ senior producers, writers and assistants, who occupy her offices in Building 19 on the Burbank Warner lot. Many of the key crew, however, have been with DeGeneres since the taping of the talk show’s pilot, which rolled 17 years ago.

Confounded, the “Ellen” crew sought information from colleagues on similar shows, many of whom had opposite experiences from theirs, said sources.

“Jimmy Kimmel Live!” stagehands were paid from host Kimmel’s own pocket during initial COVID-19 shutdowns, two insiders familiar with that set told Variety, and since returning to the air network ABC is paying their full rates. “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver,” “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee,” and Showtime’s “Desus & Mero” have also all had transparent communication and are paying full rates, sources said. Spokespersons for those individual shows declined to comment on the matter.

“Ellen” is in a different category in TV terms as a daytime franchise in first-run syndication, meaning it is sold by Warner Bros. to TV stations on a market-by-market basis.

“The creative, delivery, economics, hours, taping times, staff structures, etc. are completely different for a daily talk show,” said Warner Bros. DeGeneres is one of the highest-paid stars on television, earning more than $50 million per year from her Telepictures deal. Her total net worth is a reported $330 million.

I couldn't finish reading this article because I'm allergic to whining. The Ellen Show "isn't kind." Imagine that.

I couldn't finish reading this article because I'm allergic to whining. The Ellen Show "isn't kind." Imagine that.

Not shocking to begin with celebrities have been called out for being shitty in the past 70 years going all the way back to Arthur Godfrey.

Not shocking to begin with celebrities have been called out for being shitty in the past 70 years going all the way back to Arthur Godfrey.
    Exactly!

But Arthur Godfrey..... really? He always seemed like such a nice guy. Can't tell by looking, can you?

https://www.khon2.com/news/national/...cts-the-virus/

Former game show host Chuck Woolery’s son has COVID-19, and Woolery has deactivated his Twitter account, a spokesperson for Woolery told CNN on Thursday.

“Chuck’s son is fine and asymptomatic,” said Mark Young with Jekyll and Hyde Advertising. Woolery wanted a break from social media, Young said

Woolery received lots of attention during the week after President Trump re-tweeted his statements saying everyone is lying about the coronavirus.

“The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid-19. Everyone is lying,” Woolery said in that tweet.

“The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it,” the tweet read.

Woolery had previously said it was “an honor to have your president retweet what your thoughts are and think it’s important enough to do that.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanro.../#1ebf98ed1523

Apparently Kanye West is running for President to release an Album

It?s risky business taking Kanye West at his word these days. The rapper, fashion designer and 2020 presidential hopeful seemingly updates his plans publicly in real time, rather than, you know, actually solidifying them before sharing them with the world. In fact, West announced today on Twitter that he?s getting ready to drop a new album, though you might have missed it because he deleted the tweet within minutes. Oh, and it?s coming out next week. Next week? Yes, next week. We know it?s a lot to take in, but please try to keep up.

For posterity?s sake, here?s what we know about West?s apparently imminent new album, based on his deleted tweet. It?s called Donda, and it?s supposedly dropping on Friday, July 24. (Earlier this week, West also shared a snippet of a new track called ?Donda? on Twitter.) Donda appears to be the new title for the previously announced God?s Country, as a photo of the handwritten tracklist shows songs titled ?In God?s Country? and ?God?s Country.? The tracklist also includes West?s new single ?Wash Us in the Blood? and a song called ?New Body,? which has been buzzing around the internet since last year.

?New Body? was originally supposed to appear on the also-unreleased Yandhi, which West first promised in 2018. The leaked version, featuring Ty Dolla $ign and Nicki Minaj, received positive feedback when it surfaced last July. It?s one of the more complete-sounding songs from the numerous Yandhi leaks, and fans have clamored for an official version for a long time. ?New Body? trended on Twitter on Saturday afternoon following West?s announcement.
    Of course, none of this means Donda will actually see the light of day next week. West?s album plans change with the wind, and his body of unreleased work rivals his official discography at this point. Fans are still waiting on Good Ass Job, Watch the Throne 2 and Turbografx 16, among others.

Prior to the Donda announcement, West encouraged his nearly 30 million Twitter followers to sign a petition to add him to the ballot in South Carolina. Is his far-fetched presidential bid a ploy to promote a new album? Is he teasing a new album and official version of ?New Body? to secure more votes? Is this all just an elaborate troll job or the off-the-cuff antics of an artist operating without a playbook? Stay tuned.

Every day is a new adventure with Kanye!

Thread Information