Page 114 of 161 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4018

Thread: Celeb Gossip #2 - Continue Here

https://abc7.com/elon-musk-commits-t...weets/4462486/

Elon Musk GOssip

Elon Musk's tweets may have mocked the Securities and Exchange Commission, but his court filings are serious about settling the fraud charges that the SEC had lodged against him.

As recently as Oct. 4, Musk issued a sarcastic tweet, describing the agency as the "Shortseller Enrichment Commission," despite having agreed to settlement terms a week earlier that his company, Tesla, would monitor his tweets and other communications.

However, on Thursday Musk and the SEC urged a federal judge to approve the terms of the proposed consent judgment that requires Musk to resign as Tesla's chairman and personally pay a $20 million fine to the SEC. Tesla has to pay a separate $20 million fine, which the SEC said will be returned to investors.

The deal does not require Musk to admit that he misled investors when he tweeted about taking Tesla private in August at $420 a share. Musk later said the price was a reference to cannabis culture, which the entrepreneur thought would amuse his then-girlfriend, the musician Grimes.

"Tesla and Mr. Musk believe that a prompt resolution of these actions through settlement is in the best interest of investors and should be approved," Tesla said in a statement within the joint filing Thursday.

The settlement also requires Musk to resign as Tesla's chairman for at least three years and for the company to appoint two independent board members. Musk will remain as CEO.

Terms of the settlement also require "implementation of mandatory procedures to oversee and preapprove Mr. Musk's Tesla-related written communications that reasonably could contain information material to the company or its shareholders," and goes on to demand an "experienced securities lawyer" who will enforce and approve Musk's communications - including tweets.

Tesla made an SEC filing in 2013 that said Musk's tweets qualified as company disclosures. In the years since the filing, Musk has used Twitter to go on rants against short sellers, the media, and celebrities.

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ounced-n959471

Yes Chris Hansen is detained

"To Catch a Predator" host Chris Hansen was arrested Monday after he allegedly wrote bad checks to a vendor he owed money to, according to police.

Hansen turned himself into the Stamford Police Department in Connecticut after a warrant was issued for his arrest on a felony charge of issuing a bad check, Stamford Sgt. Sean Scanlan said.

In summer 2017, Hansen bought about $13,000 worth of promotional items, like hats, shirts and mugs from a local company, and paid for them with a check that bounced, Scanlan told NBC News.

"The owner and Hansen go back and forth for a period of time," and in April of 2018, Hansen gave the business owner another check, Scanlan said. That one bounced, too.

Police issued a warrant for Hansen's arrest after he refused to speak with them, Scanlan said.

Hansen hosted NBC's "Dateline" series "To Catch a Predator" until it was canceled in 2008. He also hosted spinoffs "To Catch an I.D. Thief" and "To Catch a Con Man."

In 2015, Hansen launched a kickstarter to fund a new show, "Hansen vs. Predator." Mugs and T-shirts are listed as incentives for donating.

Hansen has been released without bond and a written promise to appear in court. It's not clear if Hansen has an attorney, and a phone number listed for him in Connecticut has been disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post

I didn't fully read the circumstances until now.

Now that I have, I see that paedophile vigilantes have ruined another innocent life.

No doubt Hanson was given the impression they'd enthusiastically support a kickstarter to bring his original show back. But because these types are all such substandard human beings themselves, they never contributed any $$ & he didn't meet his target.

Vigilantes ruin everything

Oddly enough Chris Hansen was detained for stuff he accused scammers of doing.

Veteran Hollywood character actor Dick Miller, star of Roger Corman's 1959 cult classic A Bucket of Blood and who played Murray Futterman in Joe Dante's Gremlins, has died. He was 90.

Miller's sudden death on Wednesday in Toluca Lake, California due to natural causes was confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter by a family spokesperson, and followed a month after his 90th birthday party. His wife Lainie, daughter Barbara and grand-daughter Autumn were at his side as he passed.

"His sense of humor and the unique way he looked at the world won him many lifelong friends and worldwide fans," Miller's family said in a statement.

The veteran actor, born in The Bronx on Dec. 25, 1928, served a tour of duty in the U.S. Navy, before attending the City College of New York and Columbia University.

He performed on Broadway in between stints of work at the Bellevue Hospital Mental Hygiene Clinic and the psychiatric department of Queens General Hospital.

In 1952, he moved to California and one of his earliest acting roles was in Apache Woman in 1955. He began working with iconic director/producer Roger Corman, including a starring role as Walter Paisley in A Bucket of Blood in 1959.

His other early movie credits included The Little Shop of Horrors, The Terror, The Wild Angels, The Dirty Dozen and A Time for Killing.

Miller was the subject of a 2014 documentary by director Elijah Drenner (American Gridhouse) and co-producers Drenner and Lainie Miller (The Perfect Game).

In all, his career spanned six decades with more than 175 movies, four TV series and more than 2,000 TV appearances. Miller would eventually work with directors James Cameron, Ernest Dickerson, Martin Scorsese, Jonathan Demme, Allan Arkush, Jonathan Kaplan and John Sayles.

He also had a role in all of Joe Dante's films, including Explorer and The Howling. And he appeared in TV series like Fame, in the role of Lou Mackie.

Memorial arrangements for Miller are to be announced at a later date.

https://vancouversun.com/news/liam-n...d-bef2307f1f43

Liam Neeson has angered fans with a story about how he roamed the streets looking for a black person to attack in reaction to the alleged rape of a friend.

The Northern Irish actor is currently promoting his latest revenge thriller Cold Pursuit, and spoke to Britain’s Independent newspaper about how he identifies with his character, a snow plow driver turned vigilante out to avenge the death of his son.

During the chat, Liam revealed that a female pal told him she had been raped after he returned from an overseas trip – and that he went looking to kill a “black b**tard” because of his friend’s description of the alleged perpetrator.

“She handled the situation of the rape in the most extraordinary way,” he confessed. “But my immediate reaction was…

I asked, did she know who it was? No. What colour were they? She said it was a black person. I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I’d be approached by somebody – I’m ashamed to say that — and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some ‘black b**tard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could kill him.”

The star admitted his actions were “horrible” and “awful” and said he had “learned a lesson” from the bleak period following the rape.

His racist language and horrifying past actions sparked fury from disappointed fans — some of whom threatened to boycott his films.

Musician and actress Lisa Moorish wrote on Twitter: “Well that’s my love affair with Liam Neeson over with. Racist t**t.”

Others called him “cancelled” and expressed concern about his racially motivated response.

In the interview the 66-year-old actor blamed his reaction on his tough upbringing in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.

Some fans praised the star, however, for owning up to his shocking past and expressing his shame at his actions.

YouTuber Joe Julians wrote: “So, Liam Neeson freely reveals some horrible things he did in the past and most importantly states how much he regrets it, but we’re all going to condemn him anyway? Way to go Twitter.”

Liam’s representatives did not respond to a request for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    Yeah, he was saying how awful it was of him to think that way and he regrets it. WTF?

US Navy Scuttlebutt on Social Media: Anger Towards Tom Cruise?s Arrogant Behavior as He Films Top Gun 2

Tom Cruise is filming Top Gun 2 on the mighty USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71), a US Nimitz class super carrier. The crew has been ordered to not look at Tom Cruise or to talk to the arrogant Scientology OT. Tom Cruise will make a fortune from Top Gun 2 pretending to be a US Navy officer and yet he shows no respect to for the men and women who serve aboard the Theodore Roosevelt.

Tom Cruise has the same arrogant behavior going on in Scientology: No one is allowed to look at him or talk to him unless he grants permission.

Scuttlebutt from the crew of the ?TR? has made its way onto social media ? and special thanks to my colleague Intergalactic Walrus for making today?s article possible due to his timely commenting at the Underground Bunker.

On a related note we remind readers of Tom Cruise?s 2013 epic disaster in which he claimed that his job was as hard as fighting in Afghanistan. TMZ reported that Tom Cruise ridiculously claimed the following in a deposition:

Tom Cruise not only thinks he trains harder than Olympic athletes, he believes his job as a professional actor is as grueling as fighting the war in Afghanistan ? this according to legal docs obtained by TMZ.
    First, the Middle East ? Tom says his location shoots are just like serving a tour in Afghanistan, ?That?s what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal.?

https://scientologymoneyproject.com/...lms-top-gun-2/

Ex-"Deadliest Catch" star Jake Harris is sitting behind bars -- and has been for more than 3 weeks -- after he was arrested for felony DUI and drug possession ... TMZ has learned.

The incident went down back on January 23 in Skagit County, Washington where cops say the 33-year-old wouldn't identify himself to park rangers, who tried pulling him over. Harris took off with his RV, forcing state troopers to chase him down and force him to stop ... according to docs obtained by TMZ.

Cops say the trooper noticed signs of drug use once they pulled over Harris -- pinpoint pupils, bloodshot eyes and pale face. They also say he could not stand still ... shaking the entire time and talking fast. Meanwhile, a K-9 alerted cops to drugs in the RV.

Cops say they found a half ounce of heroin and other paraphernalia associated with the selling of drugs. Cops say they also found a shotgun Harris claims he bought from someone for $150 and a "ball" of heroin. Turns out it was stolen.

He was arrested and charged with 4 felonies -- DUI, possession of a controlled substance, maintaining a vehicle or premises for drug trafficking and possession of a stolen firearm. They also hit him driving on a suspended license.

Harris was skipper of the Cornelia Marie before leaving "Deadliest Catch" in 2012, and has struggled with drugs.

His bail's been set at $200k.

I still don’t understand why Jussie paid those guys to “attack” him.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I still don’t understand why Jussie paid those guys to “attack” him.
    He did it thinking he was going to get paid, he thought people would feel sorry for him......because everyone is on that 'feel sorry for the gays' shit and because everyone hates the Make America Great Again. So he thought 'if I get attacked because I'm a gay and because of maga hats people will feel sorry for me and I'll get interviews and a new movie deal and maybe book deal etc. That shit backfired on his dumb ass. He should be arrested and locked up for that stunt he pulled!

He was not satisfied with his salary so he staged an attack? How would that get him more money?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He was not satisfied with his salary so he staged an attack? How would that get him more money?
    Guessing publicity?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Is there a mental condition that causes this kind of behavior? I've heard reported that motives such as revenge, attention and greed are the typical reasons people stage fake attacks. And the police stated his motive was he felt he was underpaid for his work, so attention and greed. I'm thinking this is such crazy behavior, he has to be suffering from mental demons. Is there some deep psychological need to be seen by others as a victim, or does the type of attention such as sympathy and outrage from others give him good feelings?
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Is there a mental condition that causes this kind of behavior? I've heard reported that motives such as revenge, attention and greed are the typical reasons people stage fake attacks. And the police stated his motive was he felt he was underpaid for his work, so attention and greed. I'm thinking this is such crazy behavior, he has to be suffering from mental demons. Is there some deep psychological need to be seen by others as a victim, or does the type of attention such as sympathy and outrage from others give him good feelings?
    I think he may have histrionic or narcissistic personality disorder.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...n-prostitution

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is being charged with misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution after he was twice videotaped paying for a sex act at an illicit massage parlor, police in Florida said Friday.

Jupiter police told reporters that the 77-year-old Kraft hasn't been arrested. A warrant will be issued, and his attorneys will be notified. Kraft has denied wrongdoing.

EDITOR'S PICKS

What charges could mean for Patriots owner Robert Kraft
    Kraft is being charged with misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution. What will the consequences be for the him and the NFL?

Police said details about the charges against Kraft will not be released until next week.

The charge comes amid a widespread crackdown on sex trafficking in Florida from Palm Beach to Orlando. Hundreds of arrest warrants have been issued in recent days as result of a six-month investigation, and more are expected. Ten spas have been closed, and several people charged with sex trafficking have been taken into custody.

Police said they secretly planted undercover cameras in targeted massage parlors and recorded the interactions between men and the female employees.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Kraft said they "categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further."

The Patriots won the Super Bowl earlier this month in Atlanta, their sixth NFL title in the past 18 seasons, making them the most successful team in pro sports during that span.

Jupiter Police Chief Daniel Kerr said he was shocked to learn Kraft, who is worth $6 billion, was paying for sex inside a strip-mall massage parlor, the Orchids of Asia Day Spa.

"We are as equally stunned as everyone else," Kerr said.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has been charged with solicitation of prostitution, Jupiter (Fla.) police said. Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
    The Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office, which would prosecute the case, had no comment.

Kraft lives in Massachusetts and has a home in the Palm Beach area. He is a frequent guest of President Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago Club. Though a Democrat, Kraft is friendly with Trump.

Kraft's wife, Myra Hiatt Kraft, died in 2011. He has been dating 39-year-old actress Ricki Noel Lander since 2012.

"The NFL is aware of the ongoing law enforcement matter and will continue to monitor developments," the NFL said in a statement.

Owners are subject to the NFL's personal conduct policy, and owners and league employees are held to an even higher standard than players.

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay was suspended for six games in 2014 after he was arrested on drug charges. He was also fined $500,000.

Most people charged for the first time with soliciting a prostitute in Florida are allowed to enter a diversion program, said attorney David Weinstein, a former prosecutor. Kraft would have to perform 100 hours of community service and pay to attend an educational program about the negative effects of prostitution and human trafficking.

Vero Beach Police Chief David Currey, whose agency has been involved in the investigation, told reporters earlier this week that the prostitutes are victims who have been trapped into the trade.

"These girls are there all day long, into the evening. They can't leave, and they are performing sex acts," Currey said, according to TCPalm. "Some of them may say tell us they're OK, but they're not."

Kraft, who made his initial fortune through a packaging company, was a Patriots season-ticket holder when he purchased the team's previous stadium in 1988 then used his leverage to buy the team for $172 million in 1994 to keep it from moving to St. Louis.

He hired Bill Belichick to be his coach in 2000, and the team subsequently drafted quarterback Tom Brady, launching nearly two decades of success.

Under Kraft, who also owns Major League Soccer's New England Revolution, the Patriots have been the most successful team in pro sports, having made it to 10 Super Bowls, winning six, including this year against the Los Angeles Rams.

But there also have been issues involving team actions under Belichick.

In 2007, the Patriots were caught filming signals from New York Jets coaches; New England was suspected of doing so against other teams as well, and that was confirmed later on. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell fined the Patriots $250,000 and stripped them of their 2008 first-round draft pick. Belichick was fined $500,000, the most an NFL coach ever was fined.

In the 2014 AFC Championship Game, the team -- specifically Brady -- was accused by the Colts of doctoring footballs.

The NFL concluded that Patriots employees were involved in deflating the footballs and Brady was "at least generally aware" it was being done. After lengthy legal battles, Brady served a four-game suspension at the beginning of the 2016 season and the Patriots were fined $1 million -- the heftiest for a team in league history. New England was stripped of a first-round and a fourth-round draft choice.

Neither Kraft nor Belichick was implicated after the investigation.

Has anyone seen the Surviving R Kelly series? I just wonder if anyone else thinks his wife had to know what was going on.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Nope the video was better.

RIP Keith. It sounded like his wife was his world, and without her he didn’t have much to live for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxSye4vi9ow

Alex Trebek has stage 4 Pancreatic cancer.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...t-13671336.php

NEW YORK (AP) — Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Seaver, the star of the Miracle Mets 1969 World Series championship team, has been diagnosed with dementia at age 74.

His family made the announcement Thursday through the Hall and said Seaver has retired from public life. He will continue to work at Seaver Vineyards, founded by the retired player and wife Nancy in 2002 on 116 acres at Diamond Mountain in the Calistoga region of California.

Seaver was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 1991, and it reoccurred in 2012 and led to Bell's Palsy and memory loss, the New York Daily News reported in 2013.

"He will always be the heart and soul of the Mets, the standard which all Mets aspire to, this breaks my heart," tweeted former Mets catcher Mike Piazza, a fellow Hall of Famer. "Do not feel worthy to be mentioned in the same breath."

Seaver has limited his public appearances in recent years. He did not attend the Baseball Writers' Association of America dinner in January where members of the 1969 team were honored on the 50th anniversary of what still ranks among baseball's most unexpected champions.

A three-time NL Cy Young Award winner and the 1967 NL Rookie of the Year, Seaver was 311-205 with a 2.86 ERA, 3,640 strikeouts and 61 shutouts from 1967-86. A five-time 20-game winner nicknamed Tom Terrific, Seaver was elected to the Hall in 1992 when he appeared on 425 of 430 ballots for a then-record 98.84 percent. His mark was surpassed in 2016 by Ken Griffey Jr. and this year by Mariano Rivera, the first unanimous selection.

Seaver pitched for the Mets from 1967 until 1977, when he was traded to Cincinnati after a public spat with Mets chairman M. Donald Grant over Seaver's desire for a new contract.

https://abc7.com/actresses-ceos-char...-scam/5186103/

Update Lori Laughlin and Felicity Hoffman named in a fraud allegation.

BOSTON -- Federal prosecutors in Boston on Tuesday charged 50 people, including actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, in the largest college admissions cheating scam ever prosecuted in the United States.

Authorities say the operation, dubbed Varsity Blues, uncovered 33 parents described by US Attorney Andrew Lelling as a "catalog of wealth and privilege" who collectively paid $25 million to a college admissions counselor named William Singer, who pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate in an investigation into what Lelling called the "widening corruption of elite college admissions."

In exchange for the money, Singer allegedly bribed college officials, coaches and college entrance exam administrators, who then helped students secure admissions "not on their merits but through fraud," Lelling said.

Singer pleaded guilty in Boston to racketeering conspiracy and obstruction of justice.

Officials say 13 people were arrested by the FBI in Los Angeles and that 38 of the 50 defendants charged are under arrest and in custody. Seven are working towards surrender, while one in Hawaii is actively being pursued. Huffman was arrested at her home, while Loughlin is in Canada and is not yet in custody. Authorities have been in contact with her, and she is reportedly aware there is a warrant for her arrest upon her return to the U.S.

In some cases, authorities say Singer arranged for a student to take the SAT individually with a proctor he had bribed in Texas or California. In other cases, Singer allegedly bribed coaches to establish fake credentials designating students as recruited athletes even when those students did not play the sport in question.

In one instance highlighted by federal prosecutors, it is alleged that the head women's soccer coach at Yale was paid $400,000 to accept a student even though the applicant did not play soccer. The parents of that student had allegedly paid Singer $1.2 million.

CLICK HERE to read the full charging document.

The coaches worked at such schools as Stanford, Georgetown, Wake Forest, the University of Southern California and University of California, Los Angeles. The former Yale coach pleaded guilty and helped build the case against others.

"Today's arrest should be a warning to others," the FBI's Joseph Bonavolonta said. "You can't pay to play. You can't cheat to get ahead, because you will get caught."

The nationwide scheme was prosecuted in Boston in part because it was uncovered by FBI agents there working an unrelated case. They say fake test scores were submitted to Boston College, Boston University and Northeastern University.

Prosecutors said it was not an accident that there are no students charged, though they did not rule it out. But they have been told that in most cases, the students did not know what their parents had done to get them into the college of their choice.

According to court documents, Huffman and her husband -- actor William H. Macy -- "made a purported charitable contribution of $15,000...to participate in the college entrance exam cheating scheme on behalf of her eldest daughter. Huffman later made arrangements to pursue the scheme a second time, for her younger daughter, before deciding not to do so."

Federal agents say they have recorded telephone calls with Huffman and a cooperating witness. Macy is not charged or named in court documents.

The documents say that Loughlin and her husband "agreed to pay bribes totaling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC crew team -- despite the fact that they did not participate in crew -- thereby facilitating their admission to USC."

Loughlin's husband, Mossimo Giannulli, is also among those under arrest.

Officials say they have emails from Loughlin.

The suspects were mostly charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and wire fraud.

Thread Information