Page 123 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3993

Thread: Celeb Gossip #2 - Continue Here

A son of basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was charged Monday in the stabbing of a neighbor in a dispute over a trash can earlier this year, authorities said.

Adam Abdul-Jabbar, 28, is accused of stabbing his 60-year-old neighbor with a large hunting knife and fracturing the man's skull in the incident June 9, the Orange County, California, district attorney's office said in a statement.

The victim, who wasn't identified, nearly died from blood loss after collapsing outside the emergency room where his wife drove him, the statement said.

Abdul-Jabbar was charged with three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon and other crimes. He faces a maximum sentence of nearly 10 years in prison, the statement said.

The DA's office said the argument began after the victim, who shares a driveway with Abdul-Jabbar, confronted Abdul-Jabbar after he didn't take in trash cans for an elderly roommate.

Abdul-Jabbar is accused of stabbing the man multiple times, including in the back of the head, causing the man's skull fracture and brain bleeding.

In a statement to NBC News, an attorney for Abdul-Jabbar, Shawn Holley, said it was the "complaining witness" who "initiated the altercation and it was Mr. Abdul-Jabbar who contacted the police to report it."

"For these reasons and many more, we are disappointed that this case was filed, but stand ready to address the charges in court," Holley said.

Court records show that Abdul-Jabbar was released from jail on June 11 on $25,000 bond.

He is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 9

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...h-can-n1238119
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This is why you don't fight with your neighbors.

Also, I had a confrontation with a neighbor and I am terrified of revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

A son of basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was charged Monday in the stabbing of a neighbor in a dispute over a trash can earlier this year, authorities said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

See, this is why I only start trash can disputes with neighbors I'm sure I can take on. My trash can thief is in his eighties and sort of frail. I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, but I know I could kick his arse.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

I had a run in with my new neighbor and im afraid its going to turn into a Fear Thy Neighbor situation even though I didnt say anything back.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This is why we moved from out last house...and then a few months later our neighbors from hell moved. Sigh.
    The Trump flag house is cursed. Like 5 families have moved in/out of there since we've lived here.

The flag may be gone, but its evil spirit attracts hillbillies.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

(CBS SF / CNN) — Three-time Olympic volleyball gold medalist and South Bay native Kerri Walsh Jennings is facing a wave of criticism after she said she went to the grocery store without a mask.

Jennings, who grew up in Saratoga and graduated Stanford University to became one of the most dominant volleyball players to ever compete, posted on Instagram that she went shopping without a face covering and called it “a little exercise in being brave.”

“I went shopping without a mask on & this is why,” Jennings wrote on Instagram. “I read a quote the other day that shook me – – THIS HAS NOT BEEN ENFORCED, IT’S BEEN CONSENTED TO.”

Jennings said that statement “woke me up,” and that she wanted to stand up for her rights and freedoms without being reckless or putting others in danger.

A representative for Jennings did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CNN.

The move goes against what’s recommended in preventing the spread of the coronavirus by numerous public health experts.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said that face coverings are meant to protect other people in case that person is infected, unknowingly or not. And White House Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx said, “We know now there’s scientific evidence that masks both keep you from infecting others but may also partially protect you from getting infected.”

Jennings faced quick backlash, with one user responding to her post: “I’m a nurse and all healthcare workers are reusing PPE and we don’t have routine access to testing. We put ourselves at risk daily to care for patients the least that everyone else can do is social distance and wear a mask in public.”

Another user wrote, “This is incredibly selfish and ignorant.”

“To those I’ve upset so deeply, I am sorry,” Jennings wrote in a follow up post. “To those who are open to hearing where I am coming from, I appreciate your openness and civility. To those in agreement, I appreciate you expressing your views. To those calling me dumb, selfish, privileged, bigoted, and racist and telling me that ‘you are better than this,’ I fully acknowledge that addressing such an emotional, layered, nuanced and polarizing topic on social media was not the smartest thing.”

Jennings has recently announced that she is leaving her home in California — the state now leading the country with at least 741,726 Covid-19 cases. California has a statewide face mask mandate, which has been in effect since June 18.

There are at least 6,306,412 coronavirus cases in the United States, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University. There are concerns that the country will see a surge in cases following Labor Day weekend celebrations, similar to the surges the country experienced following Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.
    https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...k-controversy/

A former Olympian has been exposed as a Karen in her Mask rants.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...k-controversy/

A former Olympian has been exposed as a Karen in her Mask rants.
    There was no reason for her to apologize. Do what you wanna do and stand by it regardless if others are mad or somehow offended.

https://abc7.com/entertainment/tikto...rties/6418954/

LOS ANGELES (CNS) -- An arraignment is scheduled Friday for two TikTok personalities who hosted two parties at their rented home in the Hollywood Hills amid the coronavirus pandemic despite health restrictions banning such events.

Bryce Hall, 21, and Blake Gray, 19, are charged with one misdemeanor count each of causing a public nuisance by conducting a loud and unruly gathering and violating the "Safer L.A.'' emergency declaration, according to a criminal complaint.

Hall and Gray hosted two parties at the home they share on Appian Way within less than a week, including an Aug. 14 celebration for Hall's birthday, according to City Attorney Mike Feuer. Los Angeles police officers responded to both parties and stayed until the guests left, he said.

Police initially issued Hall a "party house citation'' on Aug. 8 and left a warning that further violations may result in the power being shut off, according to the city attorney.

It wasn't clear how many people attended that party, but Feuer said he believes that officers saw a dozen or two-dozen people leaving the house.

Six days later, police returned to the house after getting a call about shots being fired and found several hundred people at a party, according to the city attorney's office.

Police didn't find any evidence that shots had been fired, but officers spoke with Gray, who acknowledged he was aware of the prior citation, Feuer said.

"If you have a combined 19 million followers on TikTok in the middle of a public health crisis, you should be modeling great behavior, best practices for all of us rather than brazenly violating the law and then posting videos about it as we allege happened here,'' Feuer said when he announced the charges.

The city cut power to the Hollywood Hills home two weeks after Mayor Eric Garcetti announced that he would authorize the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power to shut off utilities to homes and businesses that host
    "egregious'' gatherings amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

"We allege these hosts have been incredibly irresponsible, with a highly infectious disease spreading and parties banned because of it, and we allege they violated the law,'' Feuer said.

It wasn't clear whether any cases of coronavirus have been linked to the parties at the home rented by the TikTok stars, the city attorney said.

"At this point, under the city's rules, partygoers are not going to be getting citations, but that could change, as well,'' Feuer said.

The city attorney also filed charges against Jianwei Bai, the 43-year-old owner of a home on Outpost Drive, and David Marvisi, the 59-year-old owner of a home on Sunset View Drive.

The two own homes have been the subject of numerous community complaints and both owners have received multiple citations for violating the city's party house ordinance and received a warning letter from the city attorney's office about potential prosecution, according to Feuer.

Penalties can range up to a year in jail and up to $2,000 in fines, according to the city attorney's office.

Feuer said he hopes the announcement of the charges will make others reconsider whether to host parties, saying that "the stakes are so much higher now and that means we are going to be even more vigilant now.''

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/...rt-1234730887/

In playing at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Sunday night, the band Smash Mouth did not feel any need to avoid the elephant in the room, which would be the fears of outsiders — and apparently few in attendance — that the socially un-distanced gathering could be a breeding ground for a coronavirus “super-spreader event.”

“F— that COVID s—!” singer Steve Harwell could be heard telling the crowd in video footage. “Now we’re all here together tonight.”

Smash Mouth appeared cheerful about going on with the show, although several of the best-known acts that had been destined to perform at the 10-day gathering had pulled out, including Willie Nelson, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Among the artists that have joined Smash Mouth is not canceling: Quiet Riot, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Buckcherry, Trapt, Molly Hatchet, Night Ranger, Colt Ford, Lit, Reverend Horton Heat, Jackyl, 38 Special and Drowning Pool. A tribute band called ZZ3 played in ZZ Top’s stead.

The television station that aired the Smash Mouth footage, South Dakota’s ABC affiliate KOTA, reported Monday that organizers were expecting 250,000 people from around the country to attend the event overall, although it wasn’t clear how many thousands were in the audience for the band’s performance Sunday.

Smash Mouth’s manager, Robert Hayes, did not respond to Variety’s requests for comment. He did, however, release a statement to Billboard, saying, “We spent endless hours advancing this event to make sure that it was pulled off as safely as possible and we are very happy with the outcome.” Hayes added that the gathering “had a very strict social distancing and mask policy in place for all workers,” and that “everything backstage was sanitized.”

The band has had nothing to say about the show on social media, with nearly 100% of its recent tweets being sports-related.

Naturally, the sight of the group playing for an audience of unprotected thousands led to immediate wide-scale quotations of the lyrics of Smash Mouth’s biggest hit, “All Star,” on social media — most especially the infamous line “I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed,” but also “Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb,” “You’ll never know if you don’t go,” “My world’s on fire, how about yours,” and the possible mission statement for a maskless generation, “Didn’t make sense not to live for fun.”

With a week still to go in the event, the Sturgis rally has already become renowned for hosting perhaps the largest mask-free crowds in the country since the pandemic began — despite a survey of local community residents showing that 62% wanted the city to postpone the event.

USA Today reported that shirts being sold at the gathering included those reading: ““Screw COVID,” read the design on one T-shirt being hawked. “I went to Sturgis.”

Although the largely rural area is not one of the top hotspots for coronavirus spread in the country, KOTA reported that South Dakota has had 9,663 cases, including 59 new diagnoses being added to the tally Monday.

The hundreds of thousands of out-of-state visitors are being encouraged to practice social distancing protocols but reporters on the scene say there is no pretense of that. “Harleys everywhere, masks nowhere,” read the headline on KOTA’s site.

Most of the bigger acts that might have played in Sturgis stayed away this year. The line up this year mostly consisted of has been's, and never will be's. I understand why a group might choose this chance, maybe their last chance to play before a large audience.. But does Smash Mouth even qualify for Celeb Gossip any more (or ever?) Of course they are milking their moment in the spotlight, which seems like what a lot of today's faux celebs do...
    The band has not had much to say about Sturgis or responded to media requests since performing at the rally. However, in an Instagram post four days ago, the group did refer to the backlash, posting a photo of a smashed CD atop an angry letter, which left only selected words visible, like ?kills,? ?selfish? and ?motherf?ers.? The group?s caption for the photo: ?Fan mail.?
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/...ad-1234750041/

Now for some real celebs
    The Buffalo Chip is one of the biggest entertainment hubs used during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Located east of Sturgis, just outside city limits, a seven-minute drive from the V.A. hospital that life in Sturgis revolves around, it?s a massive campground outfitted with an amphitheater that hosts nine days of live music (along with an array of other events) during the rally. Past headliners include Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Ozzy Osbourne, Snoop Dogg, Blink-182, Stevie Nicks, and Willie Nelson; on an August night in 2010, Bob Dylan and Kid Rock played back-to-back.

The pandemic prompted most of Buffalo Chip?s major headliners ? Willie Nelson and ZZ Top among them ? to drop off this year?s bill, but Covid hasn?t deterred the bikers, nor a smattering of artists. Along with Smash Mouth, this year, between August 7th and 15th, Buffalo Chip will host possibly the only major U.S. music festival of 2020, with performances from Molly Hatchett, the Guess Who, Trapt, Buckcherry, Lit, .38 Special, Quiet Riot, and Reverend Horton Heat.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mouth-1043040/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Most of the bigger acts that might have played in Sturgis stayed away this year. The line up this year mostly consisted of has been's, and never will be's. I understand why a group might choose this chance, maybe their last chance to play before a large audience.. But does Smash Mouth even qualify for Celeb Gossip any more (or ever?) Of course they are milking their moment in the spotlight, which seems like what a lot of today's faux celebs do...
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/...ad-1234750041/

Now for some real celebs
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mouth-1043040/
    I agree Smash Mouth has not been discussed in 20 years since their height in the early 2000's. Sure I agree their Del Bigtree rantings are there so they can be trending again after a 2 decade gap though.

https://abc7.com/entertainment/lawsu...e-hit/6509424/

The 1973 hit was co-written by Ed Townsend. In 2016, Townsend's family filed a lawsuit against pop music superstar Ed Sheeran, also repped by Sony, accusing the artist and Sony/Atlantic Records of copyright infringement.

The lawsuit accused Sheeran of lifting the melody, harmony and rhythmic components from Gaye's track for Sheeran's hit, "Thinking Out Loud."

In front of Sony Records in Culver City Tuesday, Ed Townsend's daughter was joined by her attorney and music legend George Clinton of Parliament-Funkadelic to demand black artists get their fair share.

"These offenses aren't just taking place in the streets against black individuals in this country. They're taking place in the boardrooms. They're taking place in meetings where there's no representation," said Keisha Rice, the attorney for Kathryn Townsend.

"Theft and bullying has been the only priority of the record labels' agenda. It stops today, Sony, Atlantic and all the rest of them. We're coming for our 40 acres and a mule plus and interest. And know that we're not going to be silent. It don't stop till my casket drop," said Kathryn Townsend.

"Theft of the music is the new sharecroppers," said George Clinton. "Not only do they take the music and the land back, they take the 40 acres and the mule back. They get it all from the money that's being made from IP (intellectual property). So the artists don't have a chance. I have 20 artists in my band who never got paid for all those samples you heard."

Sheeran responded to the suit when it was first filed, reportedly claiming the chord progressions and drum patterns for "Let's Get It On" were extremely commonplace, in the public domain and unprotectable.

The lawsuit has been filed in the southern district of New York and has a trial date of Nov. 9. Townsend's estate is seeking songwriting credit and a portion of the revenue Sheeran's song has made since it was released in 2014.

https://www.pix11.com/news/local-new...chgoers-racist

LONG ISLAND — Cardi B and her sister Hennessy Carolina are facing a defamation lawsuit after the rapper posted a video on social media accusing a group of Long Island beachgoers of being racists.

The video was taken on Sept. 6 at Smith Point Beach in Suffolk County, according to the plaintiffs' attorney. It shows Carolina and her girlfriend, Michelle Diaz, involved in an expletive-filled spat with three people who are supporters of President Donald Trump.

Cardi B shared the video with her massive social media following and accused the group of being racists who attacked her sister and Diaz.

Now, the people on the other end of the video are suing the rapper for defamation, claiming Cardi and company attacked them.

Attorney John Ray, who represents the plaintiffs, said his clients were enjoying a beach day with their families when Carolina came running up the beach toward them.

“Hennessy Carolina suddenly approached them, raging, spitting, insulting, assaulting, defaming and threatening them, all the while videotaping them, because one of them wore a MAGA hat,” Ray said in a statement. “Then Hennessy, Cardi B and celebrity model Michelle Diaz deviously edited the videotape and published the edited version all over social media, across the world for all to see, and maliciously falsely labeled these residents and their families as ‘N…s’ and as racists.”

The video was posted by Cardi B several weeks ago during a heated social media war between the rapper and conservative media personality Candice Owens.

In the caption she posted along with the video, Cardi B said her sister and Diaz were being harassed because they are “an Afro/Hispanic gay couple.”

However, the beachgoers painted a different picture of the incident during a news conference Tuesday detailing the lawsuit.

Peter and Pauline Caliendo, of Moriches, and Manuel Alarcon, of Middle Island, said Carolina got in their faces, cursed and threatened them repeatedly after they asked Diaz to move a vehicle that was blocking other cars.

Peter Caliendo and Alarcon said the video affected their careers, and Pauline Caliendo said she has had to defend herself to her family and friends.

While the Caliendos had a Trump flag on their beach tent and Alarcon had a Make America Great Again hat on, all three insisted they are not racist or homophobic and that the incident had nothing to do with the president or race.

“Anyone who knows us knows we’re not racist or homophobes,” Peter Caliendo said.

Police were called to the scene, according to Ray, but the women had left before officers arrived on the scene. A police report was filed, Alarcon said.

The lawsuit alleges that the video was created and posted online in an attempt to advance their careers. Ray cited a civil rights law that prohibits the use of a person's image for commercial purposes without written permission.

"What they have done, they went to this beach where they never go, they went there to create a scene...to create a commercial profit. To make money," Ray said. "They've published it everywhere, advancing their careers."

Ray said they are seeking $20 million in damages collectively for all three plaintiffs as well as a percentage of the value of the video that Cardi B posted. The lawsuit also includes civil charges of assault and battery.

Cardi B’s attorneys have not yet responded to the lawsuit.

Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

I love Christina from Flip or Flop, she's single again. I told my daughter I need to go to LA and find her so I could marry her......my kid said "she'll only cheat on you and break your heart". Lmfaoooo

https://fox40.com/sports/football/49...of-grandchild/

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana and his wife confronted a home intruder who attempted to kidnap their 9-month-old grandchild over the weekend, law enforcement officials confirmed on Sunday.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Montana told deputies that his grandchild was sleeping in a playpen on Saturday when an unknown woman entered their home in Malibu and grabbed the child. Montana and his wife, Jennifer, confronted the woman, whom authorities later identified as Sodsai Dalzell, tried to “de-escalate the situation” and asked her to give back their grandchild.

After a tussle, law enforcement officials say Jennifer Montana pried the child out of Dalzell’s arms.

“Thank you to everyone who has reached out,” the former San Francisco 49ers star tweeted. “Scary situation, but thankful that everybody is doing well. We appreciate respect for our privacy at this time.”

The sheriff’s office says that Dalzell fled the home but was later arrested. She faces kidnapping and burglary charges.

It wasn’t immediately known if Dalzell had a lawyer who could speak on her behalf.

The sheriff’s office declined to release anymore information, citing that the case was still ongoing.

Montana, 64, retired after the 1994 season, playing 13 years of his 15-year career with the San Francisco 49ers, which won four Super Bowls with him as starting quarterback.
    Joe Montana grand child faced a kidnapping attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://fox40.com/sports/football/49...of-grandchild/

Joe Montana grand child faced a kidnapping attempt.
    I love how JM's wife is the one who "pried the child out of Dalzell's arms," but Joe is the hero on all the newscasts this morning.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Just heard on the radio Eddie Van Halen passed away.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/06/eddie...ies-cancer-65/

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

. CNN) -- Shaquille O'Neal says he may get "roasted" for admitting it, but the towering former NBA star had something to confess this week.

"I voted for the first time, and it feels good," revealed O'Neal on The Big Podcast with Shaq, to the background of what the host called "presidential music."

"I can't believe it!" chimed in his co-host, John Kincade. He went on to add that he was surprised O'Neal had never voted in an election before.

"You know I always like being honest on my podcast. I've never voted before, America," he said. "But now I'm doing all these voting campaigns, and you know one thing I never like to do is be a hypocrite."

The 48-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers said he had filled out an absentee ballot and explained how it's done.

He admitted he didn't understand the electoral college system. The two men then discussed how the voting process works in the US.

But he's not revealing who he voted for!
    https://www.wsmv.com/news/us_world_n...xtual-fallback

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-...m-was-stabbed/

SAN DIEGO – San Diego County public health officials Wednesday issued a cease and desist order to the strip club where Padres outfielder Tommy Pham was stabbed in a parking lot altercation over the weekend.

The county requested Pacers Showgirls International at 3334 Midway Drive “discontinue live entertainment” at the establishment after it was reported recently by San Diego police officers during an inspection. County Public Health Officer Dr. Wilma Wooten said if the club fails to comply with the order, it could be subject to a $1,000 fine per violation and criminal misdemeanor citations.

Padres outfielder Pham recovering after being stabbed, team says
    Under the county’s current reopening tier, Pacers would be allowed to serve food outdoors and indoors at 25% capacity, Wooten said.

“I appreciate the impact these restrictions have on your business,” she wrote in a letter to Pacers. “However, as the responsible party for your facility, it is your duty to ensure that there is compliance with the Orders.”

Pham underwent surgery at UC San Diego Health after suffering the stab wound in his lower back. TMZ video published Tuesday shows Pham, who just completed his first season with the Padres, standing outside of the club with a blood-soaked shirt after the altercation occurred.

The 32-year-old is expected to make a full recovery from the incident.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...2-4c8e60a4c55d

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Melvin Gordon has had better weeks.

The Broncos decided they will travel to New England on Saturday without their starting running back after Gordon was diagnosed with strep throat, sources told 9NEWS. Gordon will be declared out for the game Sunday against the Patriots. Phillip Lindsay will return from his turf toe injury and again become the Broncos’ starting running back.

Gordon is coming off his best game as a Bronco as he rushed for 107 yards – with 43 coming on a game-clinching touchdown run late in the fourth quarter – on October 1 against the New York Jets. The Broncos’ next game against New England has been delayed twice because of positive COVID-19 tests to four Patriots’ players and is now scheduled to be played Sunday at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., starting at 11 a.m. mountain time.

That left the Broncos with an unscheduled bye week and a contracted three-day break that ended Wednesday. Late Tuesday night, Gordon was arrested on a DUI charge after a Denver policeman first pulled him over for going 71 mph in a 35 mph zone.

Gordon called and spoke to Broncos general manager John Elway in the middle night to confess his DUI charge. Broncos head coach Vic Fangio met with a contrite Gordon on Wednesday morning and dismissed him from practice so the running back could mentally deal with his incident. Gordon returned to practice Thursday and was a full participant. He was diagnosed with strep throat Friday morning and did not participate.

To be clear, it was the illness, and not the DUI, that is preventing Gordon from playing against New England. The NFL and the Broncos will wait until after the judicial system rules on his case. He is to have his first court hearing on November 13.

Although strep throat is a bacterial infection and not a virus related to COVID-19, it is highly contagious and the Broncos decided it was best to not have Gordon travel with the team during a pandemic.

Besides, the Broncos have a pretty good backup plan in Lindsay, who rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of the previous two seasons, and Royce Freeman, a third-round running back who will also play. The Broncos are also expected to call up running back Jeremy Cox from their practice squad as insurance.

Lindsay has been sidelined since the first half of the Broncos’ season opener against Tennessee with his turf toe injury.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-live/2449064/

The rapper Offset, n?e Kiari Kendrell Cephus, was arrested Saturday in Beverly Hills, police confirmed to NBC News. Video online shows 30,000 people watched the arrest live on Instagram.

In the video, Offset can be heard saying he is not going to move his hands from the steering wheel while officers approach and tell him to turn his car off. One officer says, "We were told that you guys were waving guns at people."

"You just watched somebody beat my car up with a flag. What are you talking about?" Offset responds.

Later, an officer tells him not to move and reaches into the rapper's vehicle.

"That's not legal, you can't just open my door," Offset repeats while he is arrested.

Police have not confirmed why Offset was arrested or what charges, if any, would be brought against him.

Beverly Hills was also the site of a weekly pro-Trump rally Saturday, but police have not confirmed if the arrest is related to any disruption at that event.

Offset is one-third of the Grammy-nominated group Migos, along with relatives Takeoff and Quavo. He is also married to Cardi B.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/lor...sions-scandal/

Authorities say “Full House” actress Lori Loughlin has reported to a federal prison in California to begin serving her two-month sentence for her role in the college admissions bribery scandal.

The U.S. Attorney’s office in Boston said Friday that Loughlin was being processed at the federal lockup in Dublin, California.

“The parties recently agreed that the defendant can report to prison on October 30, 2020, instead of on November 19, 2020. The defendant has further agreed that, during her two month sentence, she will not seek an early release from prison on COVID-related grounds,” prosecutor said in a statement.

Under the Bureau of Prisons’ coronavirus protocols, Loughlin will be screened and tested for COVID-19 and will be placed in quarantine for 14 days.

The low-security prison in Northern California houses 874 inmates and had two positive coronavirus cases among inmates, as of Friday morning, federal statistics show.

In August, Loughlin was sentenced to two months and her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, got five months for paying half a million dollars in bribes to get their two daughters into the University of Southern California as rowing recruits.

Prosecutors said Giannulli didn’t report to prison with Loughlin on Friday.

Plea deals worked out with the celebrity couple call for Loughlin to pay a $150,000 fine and perform 100 hours of community service, and Giannulli to pay a $250,000 fine and perform 250 hours of community service.

The famous couple’s sentencing came three months after they reversed course and admitted to participating in the college admissions cheating scheme that has laid bare the lengths to which some wealthy parents will go to get their kids into elite universities.

They are among nearly 30 prominent parents to plead guilty in the case, which federal prosecutors dubbed “Operation Varsity Blues.” It uncovered hefty bribes to get undeserving kids into college with rigged test scores or fake athletic credentials.

Loughlin and Giannulli had insisted for more than a year that they believed their payments were “legitimate donations” and accused prosecutors of hiding crucial evidence that could prove the couple’s innocence because it would undermine their case.

The case shattered the clean image of Loughlin, who gained fame for her role as the wholesome Aunt Becky in the sitcom “Full House” that ran from the late 1980s to mid-1990s, and later became queen of the Hallmark channel with her holiday movies and the series “When Calls the Heart.”

Prosecutors said Giannulli deserved a tougher sentence because he was “the more active participant in the scheme,” while Loughlin “took a less active role, but was nonetheless fully complicit.”

The couple funneled money through a sham charity operated by Rick Singer — the admissions consultant at the center of the scheme — to get their two daughters into USC as crew recruits, even though neither was a rower, authorities said. Singer, who has also pleaded guilty, was expected to testify against them if they had gone to trial.

Investigators had recorded phone calls and emails showing the couple worked with Singer to get their daughters into USC with fake athletic profiles depicting them as star rowers. In one email, Singer told Loughlin and Giannulli he needed a picture of their older daughter on a rowing machine in workout clothes “like a real athlete.”

Prosecutors said the couple allowed the girls “to become complicit in crime,” instructing them to pose on rowing machines for photos and warning their younger daughter not too say too much to her high school counselor to avoid getting caught.

Among the other high-profile parents who have been sent to prison for participating in the scam is “Desperate Housewives” actress Felicity Huffman. She served nearly two weeks behind bars late last year in the same California prison after she admitted to paying $15,000 to have someone correct her daughter’s entrance exam answers.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/dod...alized-in-icu/

Los Angeles Dodgers Hall of Fame manager Tom Lasorda has been hospitalized in Orange County.

The Los Angeles Dodgers said Sunday that their 93-year-old former manager was in intensive care and resting comfortably at a hospital in Orange County. Lasorda lives in Fullerton.

He attended the team’s Game 6 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays on Oct. 27 in Texas that clinched the Dodgers’ first World Series title since 1988.

Lasorda had a record of 1,599-1,439 while managing the Dodgers from 1976-96, guiding them to World Series championships in 1981 and ’88. The franchise won four National League pennants and eight division titles under Lasorda. He had a heart attack in June 1996 and retired from managing the Dodgers following month.

In 2000, Lasorda managed the U.S. Olympic baseball team to a gold medal at the Sydney Games.

In 2012, Lasorda was hospitalized in New York after having a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/11/19/michae...lining-health/

Michael J. Fox enters 'second retirement' due to declining health

This makes me sad.
    Same here Michael J Fox is the best!

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...e-kenosha-bail

Last week, Rick Schroder helped post bail for Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old accused of killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wis., in August. Now the actor is explaining why.

“This was Kyle’s life being destroyed,” Schroder told the New York Post Wednesday. “This is his freedom at risk. It infuriated me to see an innocent 17-year-old young man being tried and found guilty before trial.”

The “Silver Spoons” and “NYPD Blue” star put up “hundreds of thousands” of dollars toward Rittenhouse’s $2-million bail and his defense because he was upset that the teen was being tried in the media.

“It made me mad,” the former child actor told the Post. “This boy is innocent and he will be proven innocent. I did what any father should’ve done, and that’s get a kid out of jail that doesn’t deserve to be there.”

Schroder has two sons and two daughters with Andrea Bernard, who filed for divorce in 2016.

He said he faced a similar situation when he was arrested twice last year on suspicion of domestic violence. No charges were filed after his girlfriend was uncooperative, reportedly telling prosecutors that the first arrest was “a big misunderstanding” and blaming the second incident on herself for startling Schroder as he slept.

“It sucked because everybody thought I was a woman beater, and I’m not a woman beater,” Schroder told the Post. “I was tried and convicted in the court of the media. But you have to understand, that’s only my reputation that was being destroyed.”
    The actor is a supporter of gun ownership and a 30-year National Rifle Assn. member, according to the Post. TMZ reported Tuesday that Schroder reached out to police after seeing threatening messages on social media in reaction to his support for Rittenhouse.

Rittenhouse has been charged with six criminal counts, including first-degree intentional homicide, related to the deaths of two men during protests following the Aug. 23 police shooting of Jacob Blake. During multiple nights of protests, a number of Kenosha businesses and vehicles were set on fire.

“People are getting injured and our job is to protect this business,” Rittenhouse said in a video before the shootings.

“Part of my job also is to protect people,” Rittenhouse said. “If someone is hurt, I’m running into harm’s way. That’s why I have my rifle; I’ve got to protect myself obviously. But I also have my med kit.”

Last Friday, Rittenhouse‘s attorney Lin Wood announced his client’s release on $2-million bail — and Schroder and MyPillow founder Mike Lindell’s involvement — in a tweet. Close to $600,000 was also raised for Rittenhouse’s defense via a Christian fundraising site, GiveSendGo. In a letter posted there, Wood called Rittenhouse a “political prisoner.” College Republicans at Arizona State University also vowed to donate to his defense.

The full $2-million bail had to be paid in cash after Rittenhouse was extradited to Wisconsin last month from his home state of Illinois. While Illinois allows for bail bonds, Wisconsin does not.

The teen was open-carrying an AR-15 rifle, which he said he obtained from a friend in Wisconsin. Open carry is legal in Wisconsin only if the gun owner is 18 or older.

Rittenhouse’s legal team is arguing self-defense, saying the teen was pursued by members of a mob that threatened him with death and attempted to disarm him. The New York Times has tracked Rittenhouse’s movements via video footage on the night in question.

Thread Information