Page 126 of 160 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3991

Thread: Celeb Gossip #2 - Continue Here

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021...ichael-harris/

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – Rapper Snoop Dogg expressed joy upon learning that a co-founder of Death Row Records had his sentence for drug trafficking commuted by President Donald Trump.

59-year-old Michael “Harry-O” Harris was released from a federal prison in Lompoc Wednesday after serving more than three decades behind bars for attempted murder and drug trafficking.

“I love what they did,” Snoop Dogg said in remarks reported by the New York Post Tuesday. “That’s great work for the president and his team on the way out.”

Harris was convicted in 1988 of the attempted murder of a Cook County, Illinois Department of Corrections police officer in October 1987. The filings stated the officer was shot in the face, hit on the head and robbed at gunpoint of her shoulder bag, two rings and her badge.

The victim later identified Harris from a lineup as the person who attacked her.

Harris was released from state custody in October 2011 after the officer recanted and Harris was transferred to federal prison to begin serving a nearly 20-year federal sentence for a November 1990 drug trafficking conviction. He wasn’t slated to be released until 2028.

“Mr. Harris’ federal prison sentence for involvement with drugs was unduly harsh,” Harris’ attorney Bruce Zucker said in a statement following his release. “It occurred during the 1980s, at a time when then Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush authorized legislation that imposed draconian penalties for drug offenses, which primarily and adversely affected young African American men living in the inner-city, such as Mr. Harris. I believe Mr. Harris should have been released from prison years ago, like other similarly situated folks were. This commutation is more than equitable, and it is long overdue.”

Snoop Dogg, who was an artist on the Death Row Records label, had allegedly been petitioning the White House for a commutation on Harris’ behalf.

According to the website of the now defunct Death Row Records, Solar Records CEO Dick Griffey and Harris “helped provide support and guidance as the label transitioned from Future Shock to Death Row Records.”

Meanwhile, in October of 2018, Death Row Records co-founder Marion “Suge” Knight was sentenced to 28 years in state prison for running a man down and killing him with a pickup truck in the parking lot of a Compton hamburger stand in 2015.

Harris was among 70 people to have their sentences commuted by Trump, who also pardoned 73 other people on Wednesday prior to leaving office.

(? Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)

Warning- article details some physical and sexual abuse. Just a heads up

https://deadline.com/2021/02/evan-ra...se-1234684511/

Westworld actress Evan Rachel Wood has publicly accused Marilyn Manson of “horrifically abusing” her for years.

The actress named Manson, real name Brian Warner, in an Instagram post detailing the allegations. She has previously spoken about being the survivor of domestic violence but until this point had never called out her abuser. The pair were known to have had a relationship in 2007, when she was 19 and her was 38, and they were briefly engaged in 2010.

In response to Wood’s accusations, at least three other women have posted their own allegations against Manson on Instagram, one of whom has since deleted her post. Deadline has contacted Manson’s reps for comment; his team have denied similar accusations in the past.

RELATED STORY
    'Creepshow' Season 2 Rounds Out Cast; Marilyn Manson, Ali Larter & Several Others Set For Shudder Anthology Series
    In the post, which is in full below, Wood says Manson began grooming her as a teenager and that she was “brainwashed and manipulated into submission” by the singer. She says she wants to “expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him”.

Alongside his work as the singer of the band Marilyn Manson, he has acted in numerous films including David Lynch’s Lost Highway, and the TV series Sons Of Anarchy and Salem – he most recently appeared in American Gods. He was also reportedly an inspiration for Johnny Depp’s performance as Willy Wonka in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory and is the godfather to the actor’s daughter Lily-Rose Depp.

Wood has been a prominent activist for domestic violence survivors, including penning the Phoenix Act domestic violence bill which was passed into law in California in 2019. She has said in the past she was raped on two occasions and detailed being a survivor of domestic violence, but had denied that Manson was her abuser.

Below is Wood’s Instagram post.
    Last edited by Lilbirdie; 02-01-2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Fixed link

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...tent=algorithm

There are also victims stories in this article.

[QUOTEworld as Marilyn Manson,” Wood wrote. “He started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrifically abused me for years. I was brainwashed and manipulated into submission. I am done living in fear of retaliation, slander, or blackmail. I am here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him, before he ruins any more lives. I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent.”

In a show of solidarity, at least four other women posted their own allegations against Manson, detailing harrowing experiences that they claim included sexual assault, psychological abuse, and/or various forms of coercion, violence, and intimidation. Manson has denied similar allegations in the past. His representatives were not immediately available for a comment, but his team has “categorically denied” similar accusations in the past. V.F. will update this breaking news as the story develops.

Wood, now 33 and a star of HBO’s Westworld, has said that she met shock-rocker Manson when she was 18 and he was 36. In 2018, Wood testified before a House Judiciary Subcommittee as part of an effort to get the Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights passed in all 50 states. “My experience with domestic violence was this: Toxic mental, physical and sexual abuse which started slow but escalated over time, including threats against my life, severe gaslighting and brainwashing, waking up to the man that claimed to love me raping what he believed to be my unconscious body,” she told the subcommittee, though she did not name a perpetrator at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

The following year, she testified before California legislators on behalf of the Phoenix Act, legislation that altered the statute of limitations for crimes involving domestic violence.

In 2009, in an article in Spin, Manson was quoted as saying of Wood, “I have fantasies every day about smashing her skull in with a sledgehammer.” Last year, when that comment was brought up by a music journalist, a representative for Manson noted that the comment was “obviously a theatrical rock star interview promoting a new record, and not a factual account.” Wood and Manson were engaged in 2010 before breaking up.][/QUOTE]

Adding a great quote from a sexual abuse survivor
    In a 2019 interview, Wood said, “I used to think being strong was not being affected. And now, to me, being strong is letting it affect you but being able to move past it, and seeing the pain, walking through it, letting it flow through you, and then letting it leave. You can break and still be strong.”
    And- IN BEFORE PUKE- I’m not involved in this sexual assault case either
    Last edited by Lilbirdie; 02-01-2021 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Tried to fix quote

I wonder what Rose McGowan thinks about this?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That is going to be interesting, because we know she will have an opinion.

I have been around this guy twice and both times he really skeeved me out the way an Uncle Bad Touch does.

Dustin Diamond RIP

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    That is going to be interesting, because we know she will have an opinion.

I have been around this guy twice and both times he really skeeved me out the way an Uncle Bad Touch does.
    He definitely has a creep factor, even without makeup.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Actress Rose McGowan, who was formerly engaged to Marilyn Manson, has voiced her support for Evan Rachel Wood and the four additional women who have accused the rock musician of abuse.

Manson and McGowan famously began dating in 1999, becoming engaged before announcing their split in 2001. Though McGowan has never publicly accused Manson of abusing her during their relationship, the actress and prominent #MeToo advocate is supporting the women who’ve spoken out.

“My statement: I am profoundly sorry to those who have suffered the abuse & mental torture of Marilyn Manson,” McGowan says. “When I say Hollywood is a cult, I mean the Entertainment industry including the music industry is a cult. Cult’s protect the rot at the top. Theirs is a sickness that must be stopped. The industrial fame complex chooses who they protect & who they’ll let be their victims. For profit.”

She continues, “I stand with Evan Rachel Wood and all of those who have or will come forward. And please don’t pull out the ‘why did they take so much time to come forward?’ question that shames victims/survivors, it’s what stops others from coming forward. And to all of those who have covered for monsters, shame on you. Rise and say no more.”

“My experience with domestic violence was this. Toxic mental, physical, and sexual abuse, which started slow, but escalated over time, including threats against my life, severe gaslighting and brainwashing, waking up to the man that claimed to love me raping what he believed to be my unconscious body, and the worst part, sick rituals of binding me up by my hands and feet to be mentally and physically tortured until my abuser felt I had ‘proven my love for them,’” Wood told Congress in 2018 while advocating for a sexual assault survivors bill.

“In this moment, while I was tied up and being beaten and being told unspeakable things, I truly felt like I could die, not just because my abuser said to me, “I could kill you right now.” But because in that moment, I felt like I left my body. I was too afraid to run, he would find me. I was too afraid to fight back, he had threatened to kill me before.”

Marilyn Manson has denied the allegations made against him, posting on Instagram, "My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how — and why — others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth."

Read More: Marilyn Manson's Ex-Fiance Rose McGowan Supports Evan Rachel Wood | https://loudwire.com/marilyn-manson-...edium=referral
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/01/96276...eimers-disease

The family of legendary singer Tony Bennett ? a staple presence who introduced generations to the American songbook and pop standards ? says he has Alzheimer's disease.

The announcement was made in a profile of Bennett published by AARP The Magazine on Monday; his wife, Susan Benedetto, says that he was diagnosed with the debilitating disease in 2016. On Monday morning, Bennett's Twitter account posted a note in the singer's name, writing: "Life is a gift - even with Alzheimer's. Thank you to Susan and my family for their support, and AARP The Magazine for telling my story."

Benedetto also gave an interview to CBS This Morning on Monday, saying that Bennett is still able to rehearse twice a week at home, singing for an hour or so at a time.

Benedetto told AARP that the singer is often disoriented and sometimes doesn't recognize the utility of household objects such as forks or keys, but that he still recognizes family members.

Despite his battle, Bennett has recorded a new album of duets with Lady Gaga as a follow-up to their 2014 project, Cheek to Cheek. According to AARP, the new material was recorded "in widely spaced sessions" between 2018 and early last year and Gaga was aware of his disease while they were recording.

When the AARP journalist asked the singer in early November 2020 if he was excited about the project, however, Bennett "stared silently."

The family ? chiefly his wife and his son, Danny, who has managed Bennett's career for the past 40 years (and who led the Verve record label between 2016 and 2019) ? told AARP that they felt that with this new ? and perhaps final ? album scheduled for release this spring, it was time to disclose his condition.

I was listening to something about this. They gave kudos to Lady Gaga for how gracious she was with him during their recording and tour.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

back on the Marilyn Manson thing, his ex-wife, Dita Von Teese had this to say about the news -

I have been processing the news that broke Monday regarding Marilyn Manson.

To those who have expressed your concerns of my well-being, I appreciate your kindness. Please know that the details made public do not match my personal experience during our 7 years together as a couple. Had they, I would not have married him in December 2005. I left 12 months later due to infidelity and drug abuse.

Abuse of any kind has no place in any relationship. I urge those of you who have incurred abuse to take steps to heal and the strength to fully realize yourself.

This is my sole statement on this matter. Thank you for respecting this request.

Read More: Marilyn Manson's Ex Dita Von Teese Comments on Abuse Allegations | https://loudwire.com/marilyn-manson-...edium=referral

This is disturbing, but not surprising here in 'Murica:
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/08/enter...les/index.html

(CNN)Radio and others may have dropped him, but Morgan Wallen's music is still selling.

The country singer apologized last week after he was captured on video using a racial slur. Media companies like iHeart Radio and CMT dropped his music from their playlists.
    Still, Wallen's "Dangerous: The Double Album" topped the Billboard 200 chart for a fourth consecutive week, according to Billboard.

His sales rose 1,220% last Wednesday as compared to the day before, Rolling Stone reported.

Many in the country music industry reacted swiftly to condemn Wallen's words.

Big Loud suspended Wallen's recording contract indefinitely "in the wake of recent events," according to a statement on its verified social media accounts.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    This is disturbing, but not surprising here in 'Murica:
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/08/enter...les/index.html
    I heard about that. Not surprising, but disgusting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

If anyone is following the backlash Justin Timberlake has been getting regarding Britney Spears and Janet Jackson, he just apologized - https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMxYbGhTno/

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    If anyone is following the backlash Justin Timberlake has been getting regarding Britney Spears and Janet Jackson, he just apologized - https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMxYbGhTno/
    What made him apologize? Does this have to do with the documentary that came out about her?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    What backlash? I am so out of the loop.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

“Jackass” personality Bam Margera says he’s getting mental health help after a series of disturbing videos posted earlier this week.

Margera, 41, had fans worried after appearing in the videos, which detailed his grievances with the film, slated to come out in September. Although he’s still listed on the cast list for the movie on IMDb, he claims he was shut out of the production and called for a boycott.

However, in a follow-up video released Friday on his Instagram, he said he would be getting treatment for bipolar disorder.

“I have some good news. I realized that I’m manic bipolar and yesterday, I had to go . . . crazy because of not knowing the answer for a year and a half whether we’re doing ‘Jackass’ or not. I had . . . to deal with the madness to finally know the answer.”

It was unclear in the video if he meant that he was back on the production of the fourth movie, and reps for “Jackass” and Paramount Pictures have not returned The Post’s requests for comment on Margera’s involvement, nor on his allegations in prior videos.

His alarming appearance this week underscores the many issues the franchise’s actors have experienced since “Jackass” first began airing on MTV in 2000. The series showcased wild stunts in a world before iPhones, social media and YouTube, airing for two years and eventually morphing into nine films and four spinoffs, including “Viva La Bam,” a future spinoff focusing on Margera and his family.

But behind the scenes, key players, including Margera, struggled. With their daring stunts came injuries, followed by painkillers, followed in some cases by addiction.

Margera addressed his alcoholism on reality TV in 2016 during an episode of VH1’s “Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn.”

“My first drink, I was 21 and I never drank before that,” he said on the show. “When I really started drinking, I was probably 24, 25 . . . It just slowly became waking up and sipping on a drink as soon as I got up . . . one is too many but a thousand is never enough.”

His mom April recalled how during a drunken episode, Bam told her he “wanted to die” because he “hated” his life. In January, the skateboarder was arrested for DUI. He then sought treatment at a Los Angeles-based rehab facility.

Since then, he’s been open about his struggles, and even begged Dr. Phil for help in 2019. In a lengthy post, he asked the TV doctor to help him fix his life that is “in shambles.”

“Dr. Phil, I need your help in a big, big way,” a distressed Margera said in his video post, rocking dark shades and a gold chain. “My family is in shambles. It’s worse than it’s ever been, ever.”

Last edited by puke; 02-12-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Whoa, Bam looks old! He's a complete trainwreck and always has been, and I feel like his family encouraged it for the show.

What made him apologize? Does this have to do with the documentary that came out about her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What backlash? I am so out of the loop.
    Unsure if you guys googled it or not (I was impatient and wanted to know wtf I missed)

The docuseries Framing Britney Spears has created a stir. It showed the hardships faced by the pop star and also how she was affected because of Justin Timberlake. The duo had dated each other during their teens for a brief period. After the incidences between Justin and Britney’s relationship were highlighted, there were several who slammed the former for his behaviour with the latter after their breakup. He had indirectly accused her of cheating on him. Justin has now issued a statement not just apologising to Britney, but also to Janet Jackson for what he did to her during the 2004 Super Bowl.
    https://in.style.yahoo.com/justin-ti...032411458.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

According to WordsWords post, he "indirectly accused Britney of cheating." Seriously?! Clearly this is a generic cover-all-bases apology made out of fear that the mob will catch up to him one day.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Whoa, Bam looks old! He's a complete trainwreck and always has been, and I feel like his family encouraged it for the show.
    I've only seen tiny clips of this show (or is it a movie??), but the whole thing is a complete trainwreck, isn't it? I can't stand to watch grown men do stupid boy shit.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Actress Ashley Judd is in an ICU unit in South Africa after her leg was "shattered" in an accident in the Congo, which she recounted in an Instagram Live interview.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/13/enter...rnd/index.html
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Unsure if you guys googled it or not (I was impatient and wanted to know wtf I missed)

https://in.style.yahoo.com/justin-ti...032411458.html
    So the whole Janet Jackson thing was his doing? I always thought it was planned by the both of them.

So the whole Janet Jackson thing was his doing? I always thought it was planned by the both of them.
    IDK if it was his doing, I read his apology as if he is saying sorry for not speaking up.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

IDK if it was his doing, I read his apology as if he is saying sorry for not speaking up.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I read it the same way. I believe they were both in on it. If so, no need for him to apologize. She was an adult, old enough to decide whether or not she wanted to participate in a staged "wardrobe malfunction."

Thread Information