Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jody Herring (40) killed DCF worker Lara Sobel (48) and her two cousins Rhonda (48) and Regina (43) Herring because she was upset about losing custody of her daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmmmm View Post
    No? Obviously you haven't seen the Lara Sobel facebook post saying exactly that.
    I know how much social workers make. I know how much their jobs suck at times. I work closely with them on a daily basis. NEVER have I heard one mention about the bank they are making or the awesome benefits. It's not true. It is absolutely one of those jobs (such as teaching) where you better enjoy what you do because at the end of the day you're not making jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    They do it for the money and benefits? Social workers have extremely stressful jobs and they are NOT paid well.
    Totally agree ... overworked and underpaid ... $$ is not why they do these difficult jobs.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

No? Obviously you haven't seen the Lara Sobel facebook post saying exactly that.
    Is this the post your talking about? I don't see where anyone mentions doing it for the money and 1 person suggested good benefits but it was not Lara. Social workers do not make the big bucks! You should get your facts straight.
    RIP Lara you didn't deserve this.

Lara Sobel
    February 23, 2010 ?
    and tell me why do I work for the state?
    1 share

Stacey Murdock I had the same thought today
    February 23, 2010 at 6:56pm

David Grodsky Prisoners need wardens?
    February 23, 2010 at 7:27pm

Lara Sobel I would like to be the warden of a few people that I can think of today.
    February 24, 2010 at 12:41am

Patti Lautner Good benefits? That's why I do it....
    February 24, 2010 at 8:16am

If she was dealing with such a problem, there's other ways to go about things than killing 4 people. Oh hey! there's a lot of people who move away from their family to avoid such situations. Fuck, contact news places and post all over fb to get attention...that's what people do these days! Don't make excuses for someone who clearly didn't think this through well enough. Was she just going to kill these people and her daughter would be given back to her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

What the news & everyone else is failing to mention is that #1) Jody Herring had been molested as a child and then #2) after her child was taken by the state, Jody found out that her daughter was being molested in the foster home where she was placed to "protect" her. #3) Jody had repeatedly tried, through the proper authorities (ie DCF, Police, etc), to have it investigated and her daughter removed from that home until such time. #4) They all ignored the pleas of Jody & her 9yr old daughter. #5) Regina, Rhonda, & Julie were all drug addicts and had used making reports to DCF as a means to control Jody as was the norm in this seriously disfunctional family.
    On top of that, the DCF system is a complete, utter failure. Most of the case workers may claim thar they do it for the kids, but really, they just do it for the money & benefits. They're lazy, they base their judgements like its a popularity contest and not whether the accusations are founded (or not), all kinds of people are allowed to be foster parents (whom shouldn't be allowed the trust of any kind of life in their care), many foster parents also basically steal funds entrusted to them for the care of these kids to line their own pockets. This isn't even the half of it. Ask 100 adults who were in the DCF system as a child, what their experience was like... more than half of them will recount horrific experiences while in "protective" custody.
    I am by no means saying that this is an excuse for Jody Herring's murder spree... I'm just saying that her case is a prime candidate for the insanity plea.
    The authorities aren't mentioning anything further about Jody's M.O because they don't want to bring thr spotlight towards another of their epic failures of the system they claim is there to protect us from ourselves & others.
    If you read this site enough, you will read plenty of stories where CPS was shit. There are even some cases where I think the CPS worker should be charged with a crime.

It sounds like you know Jody. If it's true what you said, it still makes no sense why she killed so many people. Now there is never a chance for her to raise/see her daughter. Instead she left her daughter with all this mess.

Insanity plea? Maybe. But her crime sure did take a lot of planning.
    It doesn't sound like she says ONE thing about her daughter being molested.

After reading the official statement (link below Jody's picture) I def. believe CPS was right in taking Jody's child away from her. She was very violent and has an extensive history.

In an affidavit, police said Washington County State's Attorney Scott Williams, who was inside the building that houses DCF, heard the shots and when he got to the scene, he saw Herring standing near Sobel's body holding a .270-caliber hunting rifle. Williams was able to get the gun from her and he and bystanders subdued her.
    When police arrived, Herring was "very calm and laughing," the affidavit said. Later on, she was still talking about the shooting "like it was no big deal," officers said.

However, during an interview Friday night, Herring became agitated, saying that police had never helped her when her boyfriend beat her and complaining about the injustices she suffered at the hands of DCF.

The court records also show that Herring left two phone messages for her brother, Dwayne Herring, about two hours before Sobel was killed. In the first, she urges him to call her immediately. Four minutes later, she left a message saying: "Watch the news and you'll wish you got ahold of me earlier."
    http://www.wcvb.com/news/slain-socia...arged/34625568

Here's the affidavit
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/274111459/...davit-Redacted
    Last edited by bermstalker; 08-11-2015 at 02:49 AM.

I work in the industry, we ARE NOT PAID WELL.
    Its that or I'm missing my mansion my new car and my holiday I haven't been on for as long as I can remember

lol WTF are you talking about? The money and benefits received by social workers in child protection are notoriously shit, especially considering the years of training involved and the stressful nature of the job. Trust me, anyone who's intelligent enough to become a qualified social worker is intelligent enough to make it in an industry with better pay. People choose to become social workers regardless of the crap pay because it's their vocation.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/...obs/index.html

http://www.afscme.org/news/publicati...qualifications

Lol half my friends are social workers. They get threatened by families all the fucking time. Every time, it's by some piece of garbage family member. They get paid terrible and work ruthless hours. Last week, my friend was working from 8 am to 5 am.

Dude, she totally looks like the female version of that weird looking guy in that movie "Mask" or whatever it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Dude, she totally looks like the female version of that weird looking guy in that movie "Mask" or whatever it was called.
    HAHAHHA

Holy Shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

HAHAHHA
    Love it, she looks just like him. I wonder, she killed 4 people, did she think they'd just hand her kid back now? People make me crazy. Oh, here you go, sorry we took your kid and you killed 4 people, but here you go. Go raise your daughter now. No jail for you. We are so so sorry we inconvenienced you for all your crimes and were thinking of the best interests of your child.

HAHAHHA
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

BARRE, Vt. -- A Vermont woman accused of killing a social worker because she was upset about losing custody of her 9-year-old daughter has been charged with gunning down three relatives hours before.

Jody Herring's ex-boyfriend told police that she kept a handwritten "hit list," and prosecutors on Thursday charged her with killing three of the people on it: two cousins and an aunt. The former boyfriend also told police that Herring had made comments about how "people are going to pay" and "there's going to be an Armageddon" regarding visitation rights to see her daughter.

Herring has pleaded not guilty to fatally shooting Department for Children and Families employee Lara Sobel as she exited a state office building in Barre on Aug. 7. Her lawyer David Sleigh said she will plead not guilty when she is arraigned Tuesday on the three new murder counts.

Herring had tried to buy guns at stores in Barre and Randolph in March but was denied because she couldn't pass a background check, authorities said.

The murder weapon was a hunting rifle that Herring stole from the estranged boyfriend, Henry Premont, police said in court documents.

Premont told police that Herring had lived with him in Williamstown from March until they broke up on Aug. 5. He told investigators that her hit list included the names of the three slain relatives, her mother, her mother's boyfriend and possibly her brother.

He also told police that she would often make threats about the visitation rights to see her daughter, including the "Armageddon" comment. He told police that Herring wanted to shoot someone in the head and "see brain matter."

Herring's older daughter told police that Herring had accused the three slain relatives -- 43-year-old cousin Regina Herring, 48-year-old cousin Rhonda Herring and 73-year-old aunt Julie Falzarano -- of calling child welfare officials, according to court documents. She also told police that her mother had even claimed to have paid $25,000 to have a motorcycle gang kill several relatives.

After Sobel was shot, police say bystanders subdued Herring and got the rifle away from her. Officers say Herring was "calm and laughing" when they arrived on the scene minutes later.

When police interviewed her about Sobel, Herring laughed and asked "did you find the other three yet?" according to a police affidavit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vermont-...-more-murders/

Yeah, all those assholes are right, cheering her on. This woman definitely should have had children around.

That's quite an assumption over a fb post.

Life rule #57: Don't name your daughter Jody/Jodi
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Here's the affidavit.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/275518054/...s-Jody-Herring

The police even talk to one of Jody's daughters. It was sad because daughter kept saying that Jody would always say she wanted to kill her. She said her mom would just get mad and start threatening to kill everybody.

Jody actually planned to kill a few more people that day- they just lucked up and happened to be gone.

Why yes, she should--an amateur opinion from me.

So she's already had two evaluations but her atty hopes a third will convince the judge that she's incompetent, would love to see the other two.

Jody Herring was sentenced to life without parole.

http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/jody-her...-social-worker

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Rocky Dennis, poor little dude.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Thread Information