Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016: Let's do this

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Illuminating and disheartening.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    So Palin supporters are disguising themselves as BLM members? Great.

I guess because I read, a lot, I know Bernie's history. I also watch Real Time with Bill Maher, and Bernie has been on there a lot. It's kind of shocking that Bill isn't supporting him. He's mildly supporting Hilary. Even in small, conservative southern illinois, I've ran into Bernie supports. That warms my liberal heart.

I know a lot of conservatives that like Bernie.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

My pops would rather vote for him than Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/us-a...24463893-story

House Speaker John Boehner to step down

I actually felt respect for John Boehner today. His was an almost joyful resignation speech as was the follow up Q&A.

The GOP is imploding. He was not the most hateful of the bunch ... the most hateful guys (Cruz, Huckabee, puppy Rubio)
    remain to obstruct .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I actually felt respect for John Boehner today. His was an almost joyful resignation speech as was the follow up Q&A.

The GOP is imploding. He was not the most hateful of the bunch ... the most hateful guys (Cruz, Huckabee, puppy Rubio)
    remain to obstruct .
    No, republicans actually hate him now and want someone LIKE ted Cruz in his place, which I'm nervous might actually happen.

So my celebration is followed by tense reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    No, republicans actually hate him now and want someone LIKE ted Cruz in his place, which I'm nervous might actually happen.

So my celebration is followed by tense reserve.
    I get that John Boehner incurred the wrath of the far right crazies which is why I had some respect for him as it seems he was tiring of the constant ploys by the extremists to shut the government down. I hated Cantor, loathe Cruz Huckabee Rubio .... as they are government employees who.scream they want less govt but take a nice paycheck and lucrative health insurance benefits without deductibles or co pays ... total fucking hypocrites.

I got the sense that Boehner felt joy at walking away ... I was not a fan of his but this move earned my respect.

I honestly never felt the impression that he liked his job. He looks fucking miserable always and forever.

Trump promises a ZERO per cent tax rate for millions: He plans to cut tax for the poor, middle classes and corporations, soak the rich... and pay for it all by 'taking jobs back' from China

Trump also promised universal healthcare, increased military spending, to rebuild America's transport network and to keep social security, all paid for by growing the economy. Asked how he would force China and Mexico to give jobs back to the US, he said punitive taxes would be placed on products sold in America, threatening to rip up the North American Free Trade Agreement if it stood in his way. Asked whether his pledge of tax increase for the richest made him more of a Democrat, he responded that he is a 'pretty good' Republican, but added: 'I do have some differences. I don't want to have certain people on Wall Street getting away with paying no tax.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...na-Mexico.html

His 'promises' are all a joke, he's like when a kid is asked to describe his dream school and he's like SCHOOL STARTS AT 12 AND ENDS AT 1 ONLY CLASS IS RECESS AND YOU TAKE WATER SLIDES TO GET TO CLASS.

Serious question. If you could ask ben Carson one question what would it be? I'm thinking something about health care policy in light of the aca and hyperinflation on hiv meds.

I love living in iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    Serious question. If you could ask ben Carson one question what would it be? I'm thinking something about health care policy in light of the aca and hyperinflation on hiv meds.

I love living in iowa.
    "Why are you such a liar, don't you feel bad?"

"Why are you such a liar, don't you feel bad?"
    This is thth

Dammit, I'm on my phone and got a call. This is through school so I can't ask about is fucking crazy like I want to.

His 'promises' are all a joke, he's like when a kid is asked to describe his dream school and he's like SCHOOL STARTS AT 12 AND ENDS AT 1 ONLY CLASS IS RECESS AND YOU TAKE WATER SLIDES TO GET TO CLASS.
    YES. Best way I've heard anyone describe him. He is an embarrassment. I can't believe he's actually got supporters. I keep thinking he's being as ridic as possible to see how many people will eat it up.

I'm embarrassed for republicans right now. Well, this election in general. Whoever wins won't win because they are the greatest, they'll win because trump as a candidate is a completely insane concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Whoa is his wife just him in a wig

Whoa is his wife just him in a wig

Can't wait to hear the right wing say she'd make a beautiful and classy first lady next to "moochelle." SMH

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/john...t-get-his-way/

“This the part that I really don’t understand,” he continued before being asked if the hard liners were “unrealistic.”

“Absolutely, they’re unrealistic!” he exclaimed. “You know the Bible says beware of false prophets. And there are people out there, y’know, spreading noise about how much can get done. I mean this whole idea about shutting down government to get rid of Obamacare in 2013 — I mean, this plan never had a chance.”

Asked if Cruz was one of the “false prophets,” Boehner smirked and became coy, saying, “I’ll refer you to a remark I made at a fundraiser in August, in Steamboat Springs, Colorado,” where the GOP leader called the Texas senator a “jackass.”
    I think Boehner will go out with a bang. He was extremely disappointed the last time they shut government down and now the Tea Party wants to defund Planned Parenthood and are prepared to shut down government over it. All the potential candidates want to defund Planned Parenthood and are willing to shut down government, except for Jeb Bush and John Kasich. Kasich is parroting Boehner's criticism of the tea party and poked his finger at the cadidates running on nothing but empty promises. Jeb's a mental midget with a tarnished name. I think Kasich will win the nomination after the Tea Party again shuts down government again over a battle they can't win.

Boehner needs to write some legislation right now that stops the ability of a loser party to shut down government. They need to pass a budget with an amendment that says this budget carries over from year to year unless legislation is passed that changes any portion of the budget. For instance, everything gets budgeted this year and next year if they wanted to defund Planned parenthood, it would have to pass with enough to over ride a veto. If one party wants to increase spending on any item in the budget, it would require votes to get it done. I think Boehner would get the support needed for that to pass. The old timers in the GOP are seeing the party fracture due to Tea Party politics and I think they would rally to stop the insanity. So many old timers voted out because of a Tea Party candidate making promises they can't keep because it makes them look more conservative.

I'm pretty certain a Dem will win the presidential election and the thought of the Tea Party shutting things down every single time they don't get their way for another 4yrs sounds dreadful

My whole neighborhood (I'd say 75% Hispanic, the rest upwardly mobile hipsters and weirdo punks) is supporting Bernie Sanders so far.

I hope your friends vote. I know a lot of Bernie fans, but sadly many have never voted. Our Tea Party governor is certainly causing some alarm among the liberals I hang with. We all smoke and it's still very much illegal here, yet our Gov bought execution drugs illegally on the black market. I tell my friends, this is what happens when you don't vote and do you need a ride to go get registered?

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    I hope your friends vote. I know a lot of Bernie fans, but sadly many have never voted. Our Tea Party governor is certainly causing some alarm among the liberals I hang with. We all smoke and it's still very much illegal here, yet our Gov bought execution drugs illegally on the black market. I tell my friends, this is what happens when you don't vote and do you need a ride to go get registered?
    Whaaaaa. I haven't missed an election since I turned 18. I even filled an absentee ballot once. What the fucking fuck with these people?!

My mom dragged me by the ear to register when I was a kid. Always stressed how important it was, so I was basically scared to miss one.

Thread Information