Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016: Let's do this

So many articles are saying that Hillary can not beat Trump but Bernie can. So, as a party let's just ignore that and do business as usual.

The rally was pretty amazing. Bernie sounds less Jewish in person. It was a very inspiring speech. We only had ONE moron yelling at us about Trump while we waited to get inside. He made the mistake of yelling at us while sitting at a red light. So after we just looked at him and didn't respond he slowly rolled his window up. Bless his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    So many articles are saying that Hillary can not beat Trump but Bernie can. So, as a party let's just ignore that and do business as usual.

The rally was pretty amazing. Bernie sounds less Jewish in person. It was a very inspiring speech. We only had ONE moron yelling at us about Trump while we waited to get inside. He made the mistake of yelling at us while sitting at a red light. So after we just looked at him and didn't respond he slowly rolled his window up. Bless his heart.
    As a Sanders fan, I have read all of those articles and they're subjective garbage. People are writing all kinds of bullshit for both candidates, it's annoying as fuck and it's relying on the same asinine mentality that posters here use when they complain that 'people tell me in PMS they agree with me!' because their own defense isn't strong enough. It's like instead of presenting a rational calm positive reason to support someone, it's like WELL YOUR GUY IS A LOSER.

Dumb, the whole process has just made me cringe and hate some of my friends.

I'll have to vote for Hillary if it comes down to her vs. Trump because in no way, shape or form do I want that man in the White House. He represents the ugly, nasty, bigoted and stupid side of America.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Trump makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm in a red state, tea partyish and everyone seems to be wild for him. Do they not actually listen to his words that make no sense. It just floors me. They seem to think that Trump will bring back the 50's when America was great. I have news for them, the 50's sucked. They forget the Korean War, McCarthyism and Jim Crow laws. Somehow he will snap his fingers and 50's style morality will again prevail and men will wear their pants around their waist and wear belts. Kids will be respectful again...do they forget Charlie Manson and Charles Starkweather were products of that era? Oh, but they love the idea of putting women back in their place and the freedom to be racist, put uppity blacks in their place and put gays back in the closet. They like the idea of no laws prohibiting companies to endlessly pollute because it cuts into industries bottom line. These people need to take off their rose colored glasses and use some common sense here.

I have an annoying neighbor lovingly called crazy Steve. Crazy Steve was going door to door with Trump signs, trying to get neighbors to put signs up. Crazy Steve knows not to knock on my door as we refuse to entertain him. He's the kind of guy who, if he sees you working on a big project, will come with his beer in a koozie and make you crazy with endless chatter. Hubby rudely sent him home while he was roofing our house and again rudely sent him home when we had a contractor installing windows and Steve was chatting them up on our dollar.

He visits my elderly next door neighbor who plays talk radio on her porch all day, even when she isn't outside. It seems to be a part of her daily routine. She is getting her driveway replaced and has roughly 30 brown men who speak Spanish tearing up cement. They have a loud conversation about Trump as she allows him to put the sign in her yard. All the men working were watching and she actually said she was taking advantage of their cheap labor before Trump kicks them out. It embarrasses me and I was spying from behind my curtains...lol. I'm surrounded by idiots. I was asked if I would attend the rally by another neighbor and I said I was going to use my woman card and stay home.

Trump speaks here today. Someone artistically wrote dump Trump on the top of a large abandoned grain elevator along the interstate. A local TV station posted the news story on facebook and ended up pulling the story because of the large, hateful response. I will not be surprised if fighting occurs during the rally.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Trump makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm in a red state, tea partyish and everyone seems to be wild for him. Do they not actually listen to his words that make no sense. It just floors me. They seem to think that Trump will bring back the 50's when America was great. I have news for them, the 50's sucked. They forget the Korean War, McCarthyism and Jim Crow laws. Somehow he will snap his fingers and 50's style morality will again prevail and men will wear their pants around their waist and wear belts. Kids will be respectful again...do they forget Charlie Manson and Charles Starkweather were products of that era? Oh, but they love the idea of putting women back in their place and the freedom to be racist, put uppity blacks in their place and put gays back in the closet. They like the idea of no laws prohibiting companies to endlessly pollute because it cuts into industries bottom line. These people need to take off their rose colored glasses and use some common sense here.

I have an annoying neighbor lovingly called crazy Steve. Crazy Steve was going door to door with Trump signs, trying to get neighbors to put signs up. Crazy Steve knows not to knock on my door as we refuse to entertain him. He's the kind of guy who, if he sees you working on a big project, will come with his beer in a koozie and make you crazy with endless chatter. Hubby rudely sent him home while he was roofing our house and again rudely sent him home when we had a contractor installing windows and Steve was chatting them up on our dollar.

He visits my elderly next door neighbor who plays talk radio on her porch all day, even when she isn't outside. It seems to be a part of her daily routine. She is getting her driveway replaced and has roughly 30 brown men who speak Spanish tearing up cement. They have a loud conversation about Trump as she allows him to put the sign in her yard. All the men working were watching and she actually said she was taking advantage of their cheap labor before Trump kicks them out. It embarrasses me and I was spying from behind my curtains...lol. I'm surrounded by idiots. I was asked if I would attend the rally by another neighbor and I said I was going to use my woman card and stay home.

Trump speaks here today. Someone artistically wrote dump Trump on the top of a large abandoned grain elevator along the interstate. A local TV station posted the news story on facebook and ended up pulling the story because of the large, hateful response. I will not be surprised if fighting occurs during the rally.
    They didn't forget they sucked, they loved how they were for white people.

I'll admit something, if y'all promise not to hurt me too much. I'm part owner of our business and part of our business is firearms sales. Being that I'm the one there most of the time, I have a direct line to hell as far as Trump supporters go. The worst one was the guy who told me with a straight face that Ronald Reagan tore down the Berlin Wall. After that, he commenced to argue with my very Russian assistant about Putin. This guy was shooting for a full card in bigoted, misogynist bingo. He hated having a woman handle his transfer, hated that I employ an immigrant and that my friend is Hispanic, hated that I'm not a Trump supporter. He actually said that Trump with send my Hispanic friend back where she came from. My response was "Well, she wasn't fond of San Francisco, that's where she was born." Marycontrary, your neighbor would fit right in, they'd love him. When they find out I'm one of those evil liburls, their heads about explode. When they figure out that my name is also on the deed, they really don't know how to take it.

I honestly half wish that everyone who votes for Trump just releases a toxic gas that kills them when they press the Trump button because they're the worst people and the reason there is pain and suffering in this world.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I honestly half wish that everyone who votes for Trump just releases a toxic gas that kills them when they press the Trump button because they're the worst people and the reason there is pain and suffering in this world.
    I'm with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post

Wait, your neighbor actually talks to you?!?

No wonder you call him crazy.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Wait, your neighbor actually talks to you?!?

No wonder you call him crazy.
    Every neighbor I had in NYC was annoyingly verbose with me. You just don't experience it cos you're black.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Every neighbor I had in NYC was annoyingly verbose with me. You just don't experience it cos you're black.
    I think that's male privilege right there.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Hah. Now we're talkin...
    http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...r-trump-76894/

Has a whole bunch of stuff about why a Catholic shouldn't vote for Trump. Including...

?In this election cycle, should Clinton and Trump be the two nominees for the presidential election, Catholics must either not vote or choose one after serious and careful consideration,? he continued. ?We Catholics are not permitted to vote for either flippantly or as a matter of routine.?

Stephen White, a fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, D.C., warned Catholics against voting for Trump simply to stop pro-abortion Hillary Clinton.

?A Trump presidency would be a disaster for life, the family, and religious freedom, and that?s before we get to Mr. Trump?s poisonous xenophobia,? he stated, adding that ?Trump cares not a whit for Catholic concerns on these issues.?
    But my word, the comments...
    Last edited by puzzld; 05-07-2016 at 06:24 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Pope didn't invite Trump to come hang out. Don't vote for Trump!

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire View Post
    I'll admit something, if y'all promise not to hurt me too much. I'm part owner of our business and part of our business is firearms sales. Being that I'm the one there most of the time, I have a direct line to hell as far as Trump supporters go. The worst one was the guy who told me with a straight face that Ronald Reagan tore down the Berlin Wall. After that, he commenced to argue with my very Russian assistant about Putin. This guy was shooting for a full card in bigoted, misogynist bingo. He hated having a woman handle his transfer, hated that I employ an immigrant and that my friend is Hispanic, hated that I'm not a Trump supporter. He actually said that Trump with send my Hispanic friend back where she came from. My response was "Well, she wasn't fond of San Francisco, that's where she was born." Marycontrary, your neighbor would fit right in, they'd love him. When they find out I'm one of those evil liburls, their heads about explode. When they figure out that my name is also on the deed, they really don't know how to take it.

You're safe here, as long as you're not advocating that seven year olds take up arms and shoot their neighbors over first grade squabbles. Here in Texas, people are dumb as a bunch of fucking bricks. It's disgusting how truly ignorant people are about the stance of each party, of the historical facts, the way government works, the whole enchilada. And they hate that there was a black man in the White House, but they won't for the life of them admit that they're a bunch of racist fucktard white cocksuckers. All they care about is God, guns, and shoving their beliefs down your fucking throat. Welcome to mds!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

This article made me snort.

By RACHEL JOHNSON FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-Johnson.html

I find myself haunted by that image of Donald Trump, his glamazon daughter Ivanka on his right and glamazon wife Melania on his left. Both are gazing blankly into the middle distance as if on strong prescription meds, as the newly anointed presumptive Republican nominee declares he is going to make America great again.

The picture says, ?Look at me, with my beautiful bitches?, and reminds us that if nothing goes to plan, the current Mrs Trump ? a 6ft, 125lb Slovenian model with the ice blue eyes of a snow leopard about to sneeze ? could become the 47th First Lady of the United States.

And for the first time in the history of the land of the free, we will have a man in the White House who talks about his wife as if she?s a blow-up sex doll.

A talk-show host, Howard Stern, once asked Trump whether he would stay with his perfect wife if she was in a terrible car accident?

He paused. ?How do the breasts look?? Trump asked. ?Because that?s important.?

?The breasts are OK,? Stern replied. Then Trump stays.

He would date Ivanka (who also has a ?perfect body?, he says) if she wasn?t his daughter.

Childcare? He doesn?t do it. Never has.

He has a repellent caveman attitude to women and what he regards as ?women?s work?, and this is far more important, in the end, than the fact that the potential next FLOTUS?s career high point to date has been a shoot where she lay naked on her tummy on a white bearskin rug.

Melania didn?t sign up to be FLOTUS, but the mere thought that a Mrs Trump might fill the shoes of Eleanor Roosevelt, of Barbara Bush, of Jackie K, even of Hillary Clinton (who declined to stay home and bake cookies), or of legal eagle Michelle Obama, freezes the marrow ? and would catapult the women?s movement back many decades.

?She?d be great at picking out the china patterns, she?d be a classic First Lady,? says a stylist who?s worked with the Trumps ? as if this was a good thing.

At one rally (Trump is wheeling his wife out more to chase up his low ratings with female voters), Melania addressed the Trumpers.

?He?s a hard worker. He?s kind. He has a great heart. He?s tough. He?s smart. He?s a great communicator,? Melania recited, like a hostage reading out a kidnap ransom note written by someone else.

OK, Mrs Trump has a make-up and jewellery line and website, where she self-describes as a ?captivating presence in front of the camera?, ?an aqua-eyed beauty?, a wife, a mother, a philanthropist, a New Yorker, and a participant in ?numerous television commercials?. And she is all of those things.

BUT to me she?s also become an expressionless fembot, whose recreations are ?reading magazines and doing Pilates?, of whom Donald once boasted that he?d never heard her fart or ?make doodie? ? ie the best thing about her, to him, is how unreal she is.

He may like it, but we don?t want a plastic fantastic Stepford Wife in the White House, however stunning.

Donald Trump? Yes, the stuff of nightmares.

But it?s the way that he?s turned his poor wife into a walking, talking living doll that scares the living daylights out of me.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

I still want to know what is up with the whole Madame list.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I think that's male privilege right there.
    I haven't talked to any of my neighbors since I moved into my current place two years ago. I'm good with that.

But yeah, all the fucking idiots who are all pro Trump in the comments sections kill me. I don't know if they're just too stupid to see what a horrible person he is, or they're all just as horrible as he is. I'm gonna go with the latter. I still think he's just spouting off any shit he needs to in order to appeal to that voting base without actually believing it which is another thing that makes him horrible.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I haven't talked to any of my neighbors since I moved into my current place two years ago. I'm good with that.

But yeah, all the fucking idiots who are all pro Trump in the comments sections kill me. I don't know if they're just too stupid to see what a horrible person he is, or they're all just as horrible as he is. I'm gonna go with the latter. I still think he's just spouting off any shit he needs to in order to appeal to that voting base without actually believing it which is another thing that makes him horrible.
    His supporters are all demented or racist or idiots or a combo of all three. I'm yet to see a single rational Trump fan.

His supporters are all demented or racist or idiots or a combo of all three. I'm yet to see a single rational Trump fan.
    Yep. I've got a bunch of (R) friends. People who spent a lot of time singing the praises of Romney and McCain and... and not one of them. Not one. Has posted a pro Trump anything on my FaceBook. A few Rubio people early on, and several snipped at Clinton and Sanders early on, but almost nothing in the last month or so. One of my most R friends was pleading for Trump to admit it was all an April Fools joke...

It's bizarre. In other, related news, Bernie is coming to town tomorrow. It's like we've fallen through the looking glass.

Things are kicking off great in CA so far today

I showed up to vote and they had me listed as "Voting by Mail" and made me fill out a "Provisional Ballot". Never ONCE have I voted for mail, never will I because I know it's fucky. Yet they automatically MADE me one. Not only that, but 3 others that came in after me were the SAME. They never asked to be either. They're fucking this up on purpose.

They also changed my polling place and I'm hearing reports that some polls didn't even open.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Things are kicking off great in CA so far today

I showed up to vote and they had me listed as "Voting by Mail" and made me fill out a "Provisional Ballot". Never ONCE have I voted for mail, never will I because I know it's fucky. Yet they automatically MADE me one. Not only that, but 3 others that came in after me were the SAME. They never asked to be either. They're fucking this up on purpose.

They also changed my polling place and I'm hearing reports that some polls didn't even open.
    This happened to me when I change my party. If you do it online, I think it defaults to mail in. I heard about issues in other states and checked and sure enough, I was listed as mail in. So I reregistered and unchecked the mail in box. Hopefully all goes smoothly at the polls for me. I think this is going to cost Bernie big time because everyone either registered or reregistered to vote for him.

Same thing happened to my husband, but not me, and we registered the same day on the same website. He thinks he might have actually clicked on it, thinking he might be out of town when the election took place.

Everyone in my polling place was voting Bernie. Old people, young people, Hispanic, white, Asian, black.

Same thing happened to my husband, but not me, and we registered the same day on the same website. He thinks he might have actually clicked on it, thinking he might be out of town when the election took place.

Everyone in my polling place was voting Bernie. Old people, young people, Hispanic, white, Asian, black.
    It's happened to several of my friends so far...

I would have NEVER checked the "Mail in" box. Ever.

ETA: In addition, it's happening to a multitude of friends. This is bullshit.

Thread Information