Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016: Let's do this

Election 2016: Let's do this

So, we are coming up on the next election and the pool of candidates is vast... Who is your favorite candidate? Who is your least favorite? I don't really know too much about politics or the politicians but I'd like to. Help me out here!

https://berniesanders.com/

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

http://www.chafee2016.com/

https://martinomalley.com/

https://www.webb2016.com/

I'd list the republican candidates, but there are too many and who cares anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Well Chaffee used to be a republican but left the party when the whole party went crackers. That speaks well of him in my view... He's still too R for my tastes but if anyone is looking for an R whose slightly less nuts than the pack he might be a possibility. He's also a distant cousin of a friend of mine, so he 2 degrees of separation there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Bernie 110% He and I agree on most things and he really seems like he gives a fuck about things that actually make a difference in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Bernie 110% He and I agree on most things and he really seems like he gives a fuck about things that actually make a difference in our lives.

Ditto. Bernie is my dude

Yep. Feel the Bern.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Yep. Feel the Bern.
    Hah! Well done

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Bernie ftw!

I like Elizabeth Warren, but I guess she isn't interested

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Hah! Well done
    I can't take credit for it, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I hate politics. My husbands swears we will have a woman president. I think not. We shall see.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

so many memes to choose from

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    I like Elizabeth Warren, but I guess she isn't interested
    I like Warren too, but I think she might be able to do more good by staying where she is and fighting Wall Street from there. Despite being the 'most powerful office in the nation', sometimes I think the President has their hands tied on many things, but cabinet members and appointees can get a lot of things done.

Non-American member of team Bernie here! I wish we had a politician like him in one of our two major parties. Ours are all evil and/or ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    Non-American member of team Bernie here! I wish we had a politician like him in one of our two major parties. Ours are all evil and/or ridiculous.
    I love the dude. I make sure to see Real Time every time he is on there My dad went to see him speak near where I live a few weeks ago. My dad also may run all the campaign stuff for him in our county.

I went to one of the nationwide meet up things that took place a week or so ago. My meet up location had the most members in a red state! It was something like 500 people. So much love for Bernie there.

Bernie had the biggest turnout to date of any 2016 candidate, yesterday in Seattle. 15,000 people. Hillary had 5500 in her biggest to date.

BLM ran him off the stage in his first appearance yesterday. Ugh.

He'll be here tonight. Had to change venues at the last minute due to anticipated turnout. I'm going.

I'm reading there were some 26,000 people there tonight. This man's momentum is amazing. I don't want to be optimistic. He'll only break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I'm reading there were some 26,000 people there tonight. This man's momentum is amazing. I don't want to be optimistic. He'll only break my heart.
    That's quite a turnout.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

That's amazing! I'm assuming he didn't experience any rude ass people interrupting him last night. That whole thing in Seattle made me so angry. How can you be disrespectful to the only candidate that gives a damn about race issues? A man who was arrested for his involvement in the civil rights movement. People are calling him a coward for not kicking them off the stage. He handled that situation with class.

sooooooooo, i've been reading a lot and talking to my friends a lot about the BLM/sanders thing that happened and i came to the conclusion that while it was rude and obnoxious, a point about racial justice was made in that debacle. bernie has not only added a spokeswoman from BLM to his campaign, but he also went right to task, putting a section about racial justice up on his website.

i would have taken a different approach than those women, but i'm a white chick, who has, and knows she has a plethora of options for making my voice heard.

also, this happened. hillary camp wouldn't let BLM protesters into a forum on substance abuse: http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/11/politi...016/index.html

The thing is that yes black lives matter and no I am not opposed to vocal dissent, but first off, these chicks were fucking conservative christians breaking up THE ONE GUY WHO CARES ABOUT THE MOVEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGES IT, the one guy whose platform is all about curbing the police etc.. And then they're all like see after that demonstration he announced his like plan to deconstruct hundreds of years of racial injustice somehow and I'm like THE GUY HAS BEEN A CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST SINCE THE 60S, HE HAS DONE MORE TO PASS LEGISLATION SEEKING JUSTICE FOR DISCRIMINATION THAN ANYONE.

Ridiculous.

i'm sad that i missed the few actually small town hall meetings that bernie had here in iowa before even announcing. my mom has seen him three times now, but the last time they had to change venues and people were lined up outside listening because there wasn't enough room. i have no doubt that he will carry iowa, iowa loves him.

i heard the BLM ladies that showed up to his event where palin supporters. at first i felt like maybe it wasn't such a bad thing because it gave him an opportunity to make his message very clear on where he stands on race issues, something he frankly needed to do a better job on imo. but now that i know more it seems like it was more of a sham than anything.

I mean, I don't think the problem is Sanders, I think it's a lack of mainstream media exposure, which is the one benefit of these dumb girls. The guy marched with Martin Luther King. He's been involved in passing legislation for civil rights. He has been an outspoken opponent of the police murders. Like, come on. He's not going to become a Black Panther.

It's disturbing to me that people care more about what clever quips or links a politician's twitter has to offer than looking at their life of proactivity, their career, their platform.

I know and I've heard about the sarah palin accusations, and I actually haven't asked my friends about their knowledge of that, but I'm assuming they know about it and feel the same regardless. It is possible to change your mind about things, I guess.

If their point was to pressure Bernie into specifically creating a plan to combat racial injustice and vocalize it, then their point came through and had its intended effect.

My friends are pretty radical with their beliefs, and I know that in itself can lead to misinformation, but when the majority of the black chicks I know are saying that the kerfuffle has made a positive impact, despite it's ugliness, I'm going to try to defer to their feelings. I think it was ugly and disrespectful, but it had an immediate effect.

Thread Information