Thread: Emma Langworthy - epileptic and missing since 29 July 2015 after going for a jog

Emma Langworthy - epileptic and missing since 29 July 2015 after going for a jog

It's now 30 July here and if she has been out overnight, it is FREEZING. Low of about 2 degrees Celsius or 35 f overnight.

https://www.facebook.com/emma.langworthy

18-year-old Emma Langworthy is missing after going for a run over One Tree Hill at 3pm this afternoon.

Ms Langworthy suffers from epilepsy and was last contacted via Snapchat.

She is a regular jogger and knows the area well.

Senior Sergeant John Dalton said the woman was 160-165cm tall.

She is of slim build with brown wavy hair, wearing a light grey long-sleeve top, black leggings and gold necklace.

He said police were concerned because of the cold weather.

?If people know her or have seen her in the last few hours contact triple zero,? he said.

?Her phone is off at the moment.

?We want to be able to discount the fact that she might be sitting at a friends place with her phone off.

?The dog squad and the air wing are on route.?

Sergeant Dalton has asked people not to enter the area.

Anyone with information should contact 000.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...one-tree-hill/

I am thinking of that young boy Luke Shambrook who was lost at Lake Eildon in Victoria but found alive and fairly well after 4 days. Different weather conditions at this time of year but I hope Emma is found safe.
    Her poor family & friends what an awful situation.

Yay!

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/mi...0150730-gini56

Emma Langworthy has been found alive after a day of intensive searching in One Tree Hill.

Ms Langworthy*was found just as searchers were about to call off the search for the night.

Ms Langworthy, 18,*contacted a friend before she*went*jogging*in the One Tree Hill area about 3pm*on Wednesday.

She had*not been seen since.

After searching for her all day, police had planned to call off the effort at 6.30pm on Thursday and continue again at first light Friday.

"The longer it goes with these conditions - cold, wet, windy - the less her health will stand up to it," search leader*Inspector Michael Talbot said.

State Emergency Service volunteers search for Emma Langworthy on Wednesday night. Photo: Bendigo Advertiser

"We hope she will be safe and well when, and if,*she is found.

In a statement on Thursday afternoon,*Ms*Langworthy's*brother*James said his sister had epilepsy and there had been increasing fears for her safety.

"Emma suffers from epileptic seizures and needs medication. The seizures can lead to*moments of disorientation and extreme fatigue. She has now been missing for close to 24 hours and we are obviously concerned for her wellbeing."

Police and SES mounted a large scale search for Emma Langworthy on Wednesday night. Photo: Bendigo Advertiser
    Inspector Michael Talbot said Ms*Langworthy*went for a jog after class.

"She ran up Edwards Road here to the top of One Tree Hill," he told media at the scene on Thursday.

"She sent a photo to her friends indicating that she was here.

The search for Emma Langworthy resumed on Thursday. Photo: Bendigo Advertiser
    "It's believed she ran further into the hill and down the other side, where she sent some text messages to friends. But since then there's been no communication from her."

Ms*Langworthy*hails from Canberra, where she attended Radford College,*and moved to Victoria to study at La Trobe University's Bendigo campus.

Police mounted a large-scale search, involving the Air Wing, the dog squad and the State Emergency Service,*for the teenager on Wednesday night.*The search resumed*on Thursday morning.

Police had been focussing their efforts on several hectares*of bushland east and west of the One Tree Hill Lookout,*about 7 kilometres*south-east of Bendigo.

Earlier, Senior Sergeant John Dalton told media that*Ms*Langworthy's*mobile phone was*off.

"We want to be able to discount the fact that she might be sitting at a friend's place with her phone off," he said.

Ms*Langworthy's friends and family are*also*helping*in the search and are handing out flyers with her photo around town, the Bendigo Advertiser has reported. A group of more than 15 students and staff from the nearby La Trobe University campus, many of whom know Ms Langworthy,*are also*assisting with the search.

It is understood*her parents are overseas, but "waiting by the phone".*

The temperature dropped to minus*1*degree in Bendigo overnight, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.

The One Tree Hill area,*is popular among*joggers and cyclists.*But police were worried Ms*Langworthy*may have left the track.

Bendigo Oral Health and Dentistry Society offered support to Ms Langworthy's*peers, as the search continued.

"We will be posting hourly updates as we receive them informing dentistry students of the current progress," the society said in a statement on its Facebook page.

"There is a sweep occurring on the university campus this morning, as well as professionals searching One Tree Hill."

Radford College principal Fiona Godfrey said the school offered support and pastoral care to students who know*Ms*Langworthy, as well as staff who teach*her.

"The thoughts, hopes and prayers of the entire Radford College community are with Emma Langworthy and her family at this time," Ms Godfrey said.

Ms Langworthy and her family hail from*Gundaroo, which is a village about 30 minutes*drive from Canberra.

Cork Street Cafe owner Bridget Hinves said Ms Langworthy had worked at the Gundaroo eatery throughout high school.

"She's the most enthusiastic, fun-loving, sporty, wonderful young woman; she has such a vibrant personality."

Last edited by blighted star; 07-31-2015 at 04:42 AM. Reason: pix removed in line with courts/police decision

It sounds like she was kidnapped?

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...found/?cs=3372

A friend lives there and said crime scene is doors from her place

Oh Shit. I skimmed & totally missed that. My first thought when I saw it was someone like Paul Denyer? - the creep from Frankston, then I saw "found", assumed she was lost in the bush & told my self not to jump to the worst conclusions.

Damn. I hope she's ok

Edit I also assumed they found her off the trail in the bush

From Olivia's link (which is live updating)

UPDATE 5.45pm:*A man is assisting police with inquiries at Bendigo police station.

Emma was located when police randomly intercepted a car at Maiden Gully.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-30-2015 at 01:45 AM.

So was the car abandoned with Emma unconscious and police went to check it out bc it was in an odd place?

They've put a suppression order on this case which is weird as no minors seem to be involved? They aren't even naming her in the press anymore, but are referring to her as a 'teenage jogger'.

I'm nowhere near positive about it but I think there's an automatic closed court/non-publication order in sexual assault cases in most states - unless the victim consents to the release like in Sydney's Skaf brothers/gang rape trials.

Glad she was found! Was the kidnapper driving the car, trying to get away when cops intercepted?

At first I was worried she may have had a seizure and fell. People get very confused when they wake up after having a seizure. My sister has had a few (not for years now, thankfully) and when she came out of it, she didn't even remember going to the doctor the day before. It was like the past 24 hours were a blank, it was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

A 38-year-old man has faced court over the disappearance of a teenage girl in Bendigo after she set out for an afternoon jog on Wednesday.

This afternoon, the Magistrate issued an order keeping details of the accused's alleged crimes supressed from the public.

The man accused of the 18-year-old girl's 26-hour disappearance faced the Bendigo Magistrates' Court today after spending the night in custody at Bendigo Police Station.

It is understood the young woman at the centre of the investigation set off on her jog at around 3pm on Wednesday and reached the top of One Tree Hill by 3.30pm, where she sent a Snapchat to a friend.

She continued running and sent text messages at 4.30pm, which was the last time anyone heard from her until she was found more than 24 hours later in Maiden Gully - 17km away from where she was last seen.

Members of the public provided information to police that prompted them to stop a car when they came across it on patrol. One person said they had seen the car following the 18-year-old as she was jogging, while another reported hearing screams.

Police said it was sheer luck that patrolling police spotted the car they suspected the alleged attacker had been travelling in, and found his alleged victim inside the car alive.

Detectives told 9NEWS when police approached the car, the young woman was visibly upset inside the car and ran out of the car towards the officers.

The accused was nearby and did not resist arrest.

The alleged victim was discharged from Bendigo Base Hospital at about 10.30pm last night, at around the same time the Sexual Crimes Squad took over the investigation into her disappearance.

Detectives said the accused was unknown to the alleged victim and it was a random incident.

This morning police returned to the scene to scour nearby bushes for evidence.

Police seized a piece of evidence but would not reveal what they found.

Police also searched a property at Kingower, 50km north-west of Bendigo.

The man was charged at around 3pm today after spending the morning being questioned by police.

The man allegedly behind the woman's disappearance appeared briefly at Bendigo Magistrates' Court today and kept his head down in court and said nothing.

His lawyer made no application for bail. He was remanded in custody and will reappear in court on November 11.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...EMpdvtWvCce.99

Thread Information