Thread: Looking for a couple of different articles...

Looking for a couple of different articles...

Hi everyone - I haven't been here in forever. Anyway, I hope this is the right board to post this as I cannot find seem to find a better option: I wanted to look for updates on two different cases; both had article threads here. I cannot find either one and I cannot remember any names. :/ I have googled til I cannot google anymore, and still can't find them. I tried looking at my own history here too but it seems to be non-existent - I remember hearing there was a big site crash a while back.

So the first one was the killing of an entire family by the twenty-something year old son. I think he had three sisters and his parents and shot them all to death. His youngest hid in the closet and called 911 and the recording caught her screaming his name when he opened the door - God, that was sad. Does anyone remember the family's name? Would love to know if he ever admitted it, got convicted, etc.

The other one was a teenage girl who was shot at a house party or something like that - she and her friends were hanging out in this drug house type of deal, and people came in over a drug debt and started killing people. They stabbed a kid to death while she called 911 and then shot her in the head? I want to say her name was Melissa but this was a long long time ago and I could be so wrong.

Anyway, it's just one of those things where they've both floated around my head from time to time and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember names. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, and hope all has been well here!

I have no life, pretty sure I found the first one.
    Bentler's - http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ered-Death-573
    Murderpedia article of it- http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/bentler-shawn.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Alisha Neeley?

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/..._a_house_party

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ? A Minneapolis man was sentenced in Hennepin County District Court on Thursday for a murder that happened Feb. 27, 2010.

Alonzo Demitrius McCoy will spend four years in prison in connection with the shooting death of 17-year-old Alisha Neeley.

On the night of Feb. 27, 2010, Minneapolis Police were called to a report of a shooting near the intersection of 35th Avenue North and Humboldt Avenue. When officers arrived, they found a female, Neeley, with a gunshot wound to her neck.

She was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where she later died.

McCoy was charged in the shooting death on Sept. 30, 2010, and pleaded guilty to possessing a weapon for a crime of violence on June 30. In exchange, all of his other charges were dropped.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/0...r-2010-murder/
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 07-27-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Thank you all so much! I think you all probably know the annoyance of kinda-sorta remembering something and then you just can't bring it out. The Bentler family was most definitely the one I was thinking of. I remember hearing that 911 call Shayne made before it was apparently taken offline and the panic/scream she made - so sad. Glad to see that dickhead got convicted, despite the stupidass defense argument that the mother and sister he was shooting to death on the 911 call 'misidentified' him.

The second one is trickier; I actually did think it was Michelle Nathan at first until I researched a little more. The circumstances of both murders are almost identical, and I remember reading about Michelle Nathan now too. One thing that was different was there was also a 911 call in the case I'm thinking of: the teenage girl called 911 and could be heard begging while the guy in the room with her was stabbed (I feel so morbid remembering these details, then I remember where I am :p ) and then they shot her. I think she actually lived for some time, braindead, before being taken off life support or something like that. I still want to say her name was Michelle as well, or Melissa, but my memory of the Bentler names was totally off, so I could be off on this as well. One more thing I remember is that they bulldozed the house where the murders happened some time afterwards. If anyone knows, I'd be grateful; otherwise I will live in grim purgatory until I finally remember or run across it.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticgirl5 View Post
    Thank you all so much! I think you all probably know the annoyance of kinda-sorta remembering something and then you just can't bring it out. The Bentler family was most definitely the one I was thinking of. I remember hearing that 911 call Shayne made before it was apparently taken offline and the panic/scream she made - so sad. Glad to see that dickhead got convicted, despite the stupidass defense argument that the mother and sister he was shooting to death on the 911 call 'misidentified' him.

The second one is trickier; I actually did think it was Michelle Nathan at first until I researched a little more. The circumstances of both murders are almost identical, and I remember reading about Michelle Nathan now too. One thing that was different was there was also a 911 call in the case I'm thinking of: the teenage girl called 911 and could be heard begging while the guy in the room with her was stabbed (I feel so morbid remembering these details, then I remember where I am :p ) and then they shot her. I think she actually lived for some time, braindead, before being taken off life support or something like that. I still want to say her name was Michelle as well, or Melissa, but my memory of the Bentler names was totally off, so I could be off on this as well. One more thing I remember is that they bulldozed the house where the murders happened some time afterwards. If anyone knows, I'd be grateful; otherwise I will live in grim purgatory until I finally remember or run across it.

Thanks again!
    Do you have any other possible memories of the second one? Like approx when it happened? State etc?

I really want to say Ohio. But again, unreliable narrator here. I've searched on Google several times but nothing comes up. I do remember that there was a drug connection and several people died, and that the house had a bad reputation for being a drug house, etc.

Oh sorry guess I can't edit but this was a long time ago - probably around 2006 as well.

I haven't had much time to search for the second before I got too tired last night, but I'll try to look a little tonight.

I found this, I doubt it's it. killer shot himself, no mention of drugs...I don't think, didn't read too much into it. house party & girl named Melissa, though. wanted to share just in case. http://mydeathspace.com/article/2006..._a_house_party
    Last edited by Words Words; 07-28-2015 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Thread Information