Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rose Victory (15) committed suicide by hanging

It's unfortunate that modern society is so uninvolved with death that witness cremations (that's what they're called) are rarely done and are considered "creepy" and whatnot.

Here's an ad for a funeral home that offers it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIPULcHHmYw

Anybody that has ever dealt with the arrangements of having someone buried will tell you that it's like buying a car. I hate to sound harsh, but when you walk into a funeral home- it's literally just like used car salesmen.
    It's the oddest thing I've ever experienced in my whole life.

You can either get the packaged deals or basic stuff then add extras to build up. Each extra makes the basic cost go up.

Those videos are shocking....and just creepy. I don't understand why you would post them to facebook at all?

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't really find these videos to be shocking or creepy. To me, they're no less intimate than birth videos. I thought the videos were beautiful in their own right.

The only thing that bothers me is that it is a young woman lost to suicide. Beyond that, I think these videos are a great way to normalize death and what happens to our bodies when we die, especially since a lot of us will elect to be cremated when we pass. American culture has a tendency to skirt the topic of death and dying, so I thought these videos were a refreshing and tasteful change of pace in the direction of normalizing a crucial component of the circle of life.

I think it's a relatively new thing that's come about because of all the cases of dodgy funeral homes though, hasn't it?

Like this http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...8/matthewengel

Horrible.

As if family & friends aren't already dealing with enough without also having to worry about a loved one being subjected to abuse/indignity in death.

The young suicides always get me. I lost so many friends between 15-25 that I don't even have enough fingers to count them. It's a rough, rough age for a lot of people. I wish they all could've held on a little longer, not just the ones I knew

RIP Rose. I'm hope you're family & friends are ok, but I know they're all doing it hard.

Was anyone able to find out why she did it?

That video was so sad, hard to watch it felt like something that should be blasted on social media but only shared with close family and friends.

R.I.P Rose
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

Here's Rose's instagram. Not many posts. I haven't read through any of the comments yet: https://instagram.com/tkdpersianprincess/

Comment from the first pic:
    Hey Rose's friends... I have only briefly known Rose before her passing. She was regularly physically abused and shamed by her mom.... Rose had text messages of her mom literally saying how she wished Rose was never born and how she wished Rose was dead. The day before Rose passed, her mother asked for a "transformation" from her since she has always wanted a boy. Rose had to cut off all her hair and had to go no contact with her friends. This ultimately devastated Rose and ultimately led to her passing. This is extremely fucked up. You guys need to know about this.... R.I.P. Justice For Rose

And apparently her mother has been telling people she died from a heart attack:
    at least you know it wasn't a heart attack, her mom said it was because she didn't want anyone to know her daughter committed suicide but she told one of her friends that she would always be in her heart
    Last edited by moosella; 07-30-2015 at 07:54 AM.

A 6th Cousin 1x Removed Of Mine Was Cremated In 1989 When He Died At My Age. Obviously I Never Met Him. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...eynyY.facebook
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    Hey Rose's friends... I have only briefly known Rose before her passing. She was regularly physically abused and shamed by her mom.... Rose had text messages of her mom literally saying how she wished Rose was never born and how she wished Rose was dead. The day before Rose passed, her mother asked for a "transformation" from her since she has always wanted a boy. Rose had to cut off all her hair and had to go no contact with her friends. This ultimately devastated Rose and ultimately led to her passing. This is extremely fucked up. You guys need to know about this.... R.I.P. Justice For Rose

at least you know it wasn't a heart attack, her mom said it was because she didn't want anyone to know her daughter committed suicide but she told one of her friends that she would always be in her heart

Woah! That is so sad. Poor girl, If what her friend said was true I wonder if there is anyway someone could press charges on bullying to the mother.

Now she is resting in peace without all the abuse and pain her mother caused her. Too young, so many other ways to try and get help. :(
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

I wonder how much of that is really true.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Was it her mother that posted those videos??

I get WHY it's more uncomfortable to witness a cremation than a burial... but really, why is it? The finality of it? I mean, burial is definitely supposed to be final, but do people keep in the back of their head that the person's body is still intact, and find comfort in that? I know burial is more popular for religious reasons (let's not get into how ridiculous that is), but is this another reason? Keeping a shell intact?

Oh, death is fascinating.

I recently read an article about a different crematorium that also buried the bodies "out back" and returned asphalt to the families. Ugh. I think ensuring the final resting place is where the family thinks it is can be a big factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wonder how much of that is really true.
    Yeah I'm skeptical about the whole "transformation" thing. I do think that the mother/family may have told people she had a heart attack because several friends mentioned that in comments on the picture.

I got the vibe it was her sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I got the vibe it was her sister?
    That's what I thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    I'm afraid to look.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I looked. That whole Facebook is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

The second video is especially intimate. Her people are having their final personal moments with her, and someone is filming it and posting it online... seems strange. Filming the cremation didn't seem so strange to me, but this one did not sit right. I feel I would tell someone with a camera to kick rocks. She did not look natural./random

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I'm afraid to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I looked. That whole Facebook is depressing.
    Ha ha! That didn't take long

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah, that whole Facebook profile is kind of weird.

From reading more of her timeline and some of the comments, Sara is Rose's mum.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    The second video is especially intimate. Her people are having their final personal moments with her, and someone is filming it and posting it online... seems strange. Filming the cremation didn't seem so strange to me, but this one did not sit right. I feel I would tell someone with a camera to kick rocks. She did not look natural./random
    That first video looked like her mom, maybe, putting different clothes on top of her like maybe she wanted her outfit changed. Both were really sad especially since she was so young and committed suicide.

My mother was buried and yes the funeral home was like a used car place. All they do is try to get you to buy a fancy coffin, etc. her funeral cost over $10k and that was in 1990. it's harder to imagine her in the ground than understanding the creamation process and since my dad was creamated, he gets to rest where he wanted and not some cemetery that no one visits anymore.

Yeah I'm skeptical about the whole "transformation" thing. I do think that the mother/family may have told people she had a heart attack because several friends mentioned that in comments on the picture.
    The comments on her Instagram are so sad and several of her friends were commenting that they knew her mother was psycho. Also I couldn't tell in the videos but in her pictures she has long beautiful hair and the comments said something about her having to get her hair cut off, it was part of the transformation comment. Can anyone else who watched the videos tell how long her hair is?

In the video of them choosing an outfit for her, they lift her hair up and place it ontop of her shirt, it's still long.

Yeah, that Facebook is one off. It's like "Here's my daughter living. Here's my daughter dead. Here's how we make some pudding. Let's do some wierd shit with fruit.". I don't get it.

Thread Information