Page 210 of 277 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6925

Thread: The Official Sports Thread

Re: The Official Sports Thread

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=6536.msg1641668#msg1641668 date=1275848588]
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.
    I salute you sir   

Lakers tonight 2 for 2 !!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

We just got fucked out of a game by some Oscar worthy acting. Maybe the Celtics have been in L.A. too long. How do you play awesome defensively and lose by 10? Horrible fucking calls, that's how. I mean, letting Ray Allen ass rape us in the first quarter didn't help but we pretty much shut him down in the second half.

I have respect for Ray Allen, but the rest of them, especially Pierce and Rondo can eat a bowl of dicks.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

I will not be the fan that blames officials, but that out of bounds call at the end was horrible. How can they look at the replay and still say it went off Gasol?????

Anyone on to game 3. Should be fun.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=6536.msg1641949#msg1641949 date=1275882256]
    I will not be the fan that blames officials, but that out of bounds call at the end was horrible. How can they look at the replay and still say it went off Gasol?????

[/quote]

Yeah I'm the same way as you. Horrible calls get called all the time. Some against your team and some for them, so I try not to let it get to me. But yeah, Even as a Celtic supporter I gave my friend the "wtf" look after that call. I was wondering if the refs were seeing the same footage ABC was showing :|

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=6536.msg1641951#msg1641951 date=1275882655]
    Yeah I'm the same way as you. Horrible calls get called all the time. Some against your team and some for them, so I try not to let it get to me. But yeah, Even as a Celtic supporter I gave my friend the "wtf" look after that call. I was wondering if the refs were seeing the same footage ABC was showing :|
    [/quote]

I am still trying to figure that out. The only thing i can think of is that they thought Gasol fouled KG and hit is hand out?????? Still wouldnt make sense though since they didnt call a foul initially. You can't go to replay and review a foul.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=6536.msg1641949#msg1641949 date=1275882256]

[/quote]

I'm only that fan when it's actually the case. I mean, if the whole team was stinkin it up, you could say I was just using the sorry ass officiating as an excuse, but that out of bounds call wasn't only the wrong call but they didn't call Garnett for reaching over the back of Gasol.

And you'd have to be borderline retarded to not see that Rondo and Pierce were flopping every time they were set in a play.

But yeah, I wanna see a Boston Massacre come Game Three.

ETA: I agree with ya, Cake. I'll be the first to say that Fish is a sneaky motherfucker and knows how to draw fouls and get away with shit. :lol:
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=Mr. Blue Sky link=topic=6536.msg1641953#msg1641953 date=1275882825]
    I'm only that fan when it's actually the case. I mean, if the whole team was stinkin it up, you could say I was just using the sorry ass officiating as an excuse, but that out of bounds call wasn't only the wrong call but they didn't call Garnett for reaching over the back of Gasol.

And you'd have to be borderline retarded to not see that Rondo and Pierce were flopping every time they were set in a play.

But yeah, I wanna see a Boston Massacre come Game Three.

ETA: I agree with ya, Cake. I'll be the first to say that Fish is a sneaky motherfucker and knows how to draw fouls and get away with shit. :lol:
    [/quote]

Lakers shot 15 more Ft's and we had the same amount of PF's called. I just cant lean on the officiating for much except that one play.

If anything I blame the refs for calling the game too tight on both sides. Just let them play. Way too many touch fouls being called and it has had a huge impact on both games. Game 1 with Allen and today with Kobe and Lamar.

But i do agree that i hate Pierce with a passion. In fact i really hate that whole team. Just annoying and arrogant punks.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=6536.msg1641954#msg1641954 date=1275883575]

Lakers shot 15 more Ft's and we had the same amount of PF's called. I just cant lean on the officiating for much except that one play.

If anything I blame the refs for calling the game too tight on both sides. Just let them play. Way too many touch fouls being called and it has had a huge impact on both games. Game 1 with Allen and today with Kobe and Lamar.

But i do agree that i hate Pierce with a passion. In fact i really hate that whole team. Just annoying and arrogant punks.
    [/quote]

Well sure, overall the fouls were even, but there are always fouls that influence runs. The foul on Fisher where Pierce took a flop and made it look like he was spinning off him help set up that 10-0 run. That bullshit out of bounds call gave Boston a new shot clock and the jumper that cocksucker Rondo made. That gave Boston a 7 point lead and the game was pretty much in their hands.

I'm not focusing so much on the quantity of calls made (but you're right, holy shit that was a lot toward the end) as I am the timing and quality of the fouls called.

Oh, and they need to put Ron Artest on medication cause this whole personality disorder bullshit is driving me crazy. That crazy ass run at the end was....just wow. :lol: How can you stink it up against the suns the whole game and then get the game winning buzzer beater, kill Boston in Game One and go back to psychotic shot taking and running with the ball in Game Two?

[quote author=Mr. Blue Sky link=topic=6536.msg1641966#msg1641966 date=1275884285]
    Well sure, overall the fouls were even, but there are always fouls that influence runs. The foul on Fisher where Pierce took a flop and made it look like he was spinning off him help set up that 10-0 run. That bullshit out of bounds call gave Boston a new shot clock and the jumper that cocksucker Rondo made. That gave Boston a 7 point lead and the game was pretty much in their hands.

I'm not focusing so much on the quantity of calls made (but you're right, holy shit that was a lot toward the end) as I am the timing and quality of the fouls called.

Oh, and they need to put Ron Artest on medication cause this whole personality disorder bullshit is driving me crazy. That crazy ass run at the end was....just wow. :lol: How can you stink it up against the suns the whole game and then get the game winning buzzer beater, kill Boston in Game One and go back to psychotic shot taking and running with the ball in Game Two?
    [/quote]

I hear what you are saying. It is frustrating as a fan to watch when you are viewing it live. But when you look at the 2 games as a whole both teams have benefited and struggled because of officiating. I swear in game one Ray got called for at least 4 phantom touch fouls.

The only thing that concerns me is that now the refs will be no holds barred in Boston and get influenced by the play and crowd.

Btw did you hear Pierce towards the end of the game. A mic caught him saying,

"were not coming back to LA"

I hate that MF.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=6536.msg1641967#msg1641967 date=1275884537]

I hear what you are saying. It is frustrating as a fan to watch when you are viewing it live. But when you look at the 2 games as a whole both teams have benefited and struggled because of officiating. I swear in game one Ray got called for at least 4 phantom touch fouls.

The only thing that concerns me is that now the refs will be no holds barred in Boston and get influenced by the play and crowd.

Btw did you hear Pierce towards the end of the game. A mic caught him saying,

"were not coming back to LA"

I hate that MF.
    [/quote]

No but I did hear one of the Celtics bench go up to one of the players comin off the floor and sayin "My niggah!" and that was after I heard a fan yell shit after Pierce made a FT, which ABC failed to mute out. :lol:

Oh, and not to sound like a Negative Nancy, but that bullshit comment about not coming back to LA not only makes me hate him more but reminds me of how fucking retarded the 2-3-2 finals setup is. I mean, how the fuck is that home court advantage? Just last night I was telling my dad that, Christ forbid, if Boston won Game Two and the series is tied at one then that forces LA to win at least one in Boston and then they have to win at home (assuming that Boston takes two of three.)

I heard all this post game bullshit about losing home court and all I could think of was that in a regular series, that wouldn't even be mentioned till after game three or four.

[quote author=Mr. Blue Sky link=topic=6536.msg1641969#msg1641969 date=1275885066]
    No but I did hear one of the Celtics bench go up to one of the players comin off the floor and sayin "My niggah!" and that was after I heard a fan yell shit after Pierce made a FT, which ABC failed to mute out. :lol:

Oh, and not to sound like a Negative Nancy, but that bullshit comment about not coming back to LA not only makes me hate him more but reminds me of how fucking retarded the 2-3-2 finals setup is. I mean, how the fuck is that home court advantage? Just last night I was telling my dad that, Christ forbid, if Boston won Game Two and the series is tied at one then that forces LA to win at least one in Boston and then they have to win at home (assuming that Boston takes two of three.)

I heard all this post game bullshit about losing home court and all I could think of was that in a regular series, that wouldn't even be mentioned till after game three or four.
    [/quote]

I hate the 2-3-2 format but it historically has favored the home team. I think only 2 teams without HC advantage have won the finals. It is almost impossible to win 3 games in a row against a team in the finals even if you are at home. (knock on wood)

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=6536.msg1641971#msg1641971 date=1275885294]
    I hate the 2-3-2 format but it historically has favored the home team. I think only 2 teams without HC advantage have won the finals. It is almost impossible to win 3 games in a row against a team in the finals even if you are at home. (knock on wood)
    [/quote]

Did not know that.

And yes. *knocks on wood*

Did you guys even see the first half and all the bullshit calls that the C's got called on them?  Bullshit fouls called on them, to more exact.  The ref makes shit calls for both sides, not just yours.  Leave it to the Lakers fans to be whining about a home loss. 

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=6536.msg1642067#msg1642067 date=1275922626]
      Leave it to the Lakers fans to be whining about a home loss. 
    [/quote]

I dont know a fan of any team who would be excited about losing at home

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=6536.msg1642082#msg1642082 date=1275923618]

I dont know a fan of any team who would be excited about losing at home
    [/quote]

I don't know any team whose fans whine more than the Lakers

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=6536.msg1642084#msg1642084 date=1275923807]
    I don't know any team whose fans whine more than the Lakers
    [/quote]
    :lol:
    its cuz we're not used to losing.
    We dont know how to deal with it

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=6536.msg1642086#msg1642086 date=1275923962]
    :lol:
    its cuz we're not used to losing.
    We dont know how to deal with it
    [/quote]

:lol:  It cracks me up that you can say that when the Celtics have taken it home 2 out of the last 3 championships. 

Again, I am not going to sit here and argue because I am happy we have come this far.  That just goes to show you the different between LA and Celtics fans.

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=6536.msg1642088#msg1642088 date=1275924057]
      That just goes to show you the different between LA and Celtics fans.
    [/quote]

Yea. we're better.  :2smiley:

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=6536.msg1642091#msg1642091 date=1275924478]
    Yea. we're better.  :2smiley:
    [/quote]

So I don't get it..  You are rooting for the Flyers?  And you're rooting for LA?

Where state are you from? 

And HG, congrats on being the first person to smite me.

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=6536.msg1642094#msg1642094 date=1275924777]
    And HG, congrats on being the first person to smite me.
    [/quote]
    :2wave:
    dont take it personal.
    ive smited everyone in this thread for not agreeing with me.

except mbs, he always agrees with me.

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=6536.msg1642092#msg1642092 date=1275924639]
    You are rooting for the Flyers? 
    [/quote]
    Ray Emery 

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=6536.msg1642097#msg1642097 date=1275924982]
    :2wave:
    dont take it personal.
    ive smited everyone in this thread for not agreeing with me.

except mbs, he always agrees with me.
    Ray Emery 
    [/quote]

So you are a die hard flyers fan, and a die hard Lakers fan?  But I don't get it.  I like the sox, celts, pats and bruins, but I am from Mass. 
    Actually.. I guess I can't judge because my dad was born in raised in Mass and likes the Yankees, Cavs, Browns and bruins.  The only hometown team he likes is the Bruins.  He's strange to me.

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=6536.msg1642099#msg1642099 date=1275925198]
    So you are a die hard flyers fan, and a die hard Lakers fan?  But I don't get it.   I like the sox, celts, pats and bruins, but I am from Mass. 
    Actually.. I guess I can't judge because my dad was born in raised in Mass and likes the Yankees, Cavs, Browns and bruins.  The only hometown team he likes is the Bruins.  He's strange to me.
    [/quote]
    Lakers, Raiders, Angels and Die Hard Ducks fan.
    But I cant really root for them right now.
    My main concern was that the Kings and Sharks get eliminated from the playoffs, which they did.
    so if i had to pick a remaining favorite i wanted to see Philly take it because Chris Pronger is an ex Duck and because Ray Emery has a face perfect for sitting on

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=6536.msg1642101#msg1642101 date=1275925375]
    Lakers, Raiders, Angels and Die Hard Ducks fan.
    But I cant really root for them right now.
    My main concern was that the Kings and Sharks get eliminated from the playoffs, which they did.
    so if i had to pick a remaining favorite i wanted to see Philly take it because Chris Pronger is an ex Duck and because Ray Emery has a face perfect for sitting on
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: @ Ray Emery comment.  He is definitely on my list of "Who to Fuck in 2010" but..  we shall see
    A california chick, me likey.  Too bad I'm straight.  :-D
    Ok, well now it's all making sense. 

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=6536.msg1642102#msg1642102 date=1275925512]
    :lol: :lol: @ Ray Emery comment.  He is definitely on my list of "Who to Fuck in 2010" but..  we shall see
    A california chick, me likey.  Too bad I'm straight.   :-D
    Ok, well now it's all making sense. 
    [/quote]
    Hmmm maybe I do like you after all. 

We should be friends/lovers after the NBA finals are over. Deal?

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=6536.msg1642109#msg1642109 date=1275925750]
    Hmmm maybe I do like you after all. 

We should be friends/lovers after the NBA finals are over. Deal?
    [/quote]

:rockon:  Sounds good to me. 

Thread Information