Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 6925

Thread: The Official Sports Thread

  1. #6901
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Oh ok! So with that, lets go Yankees!!!


    on this we agree. Let's go Yankees.
    Although ... we are season seat holders for a minor league team and I'm supposed to root for our MLB team but I've loved my Yankees my whole life and while I'm sure the Nationals are nice, I can't just switch my fanhood on and off like that.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  2. #6902
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    on this we agree. Let's go Yankees.
    Although ... we are season seat holders for a minor league team and I'm supposed to root for our MLB team but I've loved my Yankees my whole life and while I'm sure the Nationals are nice, I can't just switch my fanhood on and off like that.
    Ahhh, a Yankees fan! I knew there was a reason I liked you lol

    This is Boones last season to get us to the promise land, I dont like him as a manager... if he cant get our team to the WS he gotta go!

  3. #6903
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    21474856
    I've been a Reds fan for life (my dad played with them briefly...long story).

  4. #6904
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,517
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I've been a Reds fan for life (my dad played with them briefly...long story).
    Cincinnati Reds? I actually know them!

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  5. #6905
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Cincinnati Reds? I actually know them!
    Ha ~ finally. Now we can talk about baseball.

  6. #6906
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I've been a Reds fan for life (my dad played with them briefly...long story).
    Pete Rose, great player! He should be in the HOF!

  7. #6907
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I've been a Reds fan for life (my dad played with them briefly...long story).
    you have my attention. The first stadium I ever went into was the Reds stadium. Back in the day, on the way to visit family in Ohio, my folks let my brother and I go to the stadium and ask for a tour. Back then (60s/early 70s) you could ask and the guard would usually let you in. We got to see the inside, the team was doing drills, and when we left they gave both of us our own bag of goodies. I think it was a team photo, a pencil and a sticker. Cool beans, eh?

    I told you my story now I want to hear your's!!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  8. #6908
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Pete Rose, great player! He should be in the HOF!

    Every year that's my mantra! If they let the steroid boys in they should let Pete in. Let Pete in! Let Pete in!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  9. #6909
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Every year that's my mantra! If they let the steroid boys in they should let Pete in. Let Pete in! Let Pete in!
    Unfortunately it will be after he's dead.

  10. #6910
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Unfortunately it will be after he's dead.
    yup but to be fair, he knew the rules and did it anyway. But in my mind the same applies to steroid users. Give Pete an asterisk too, let him in the HOF and call it a day!

    I just want to see his name in there before I'm gone. We go every 10 or so years.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  11. #6911
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    yup but to be fair, he knew the rules and did it anyway. But in my mind the same applies to steroid users. Give Pete an asterisk too, let him in the HOF and call it a day!

    I just want to see his name in there before I'm gone. We go every 10 or so years.
    I really dont keep up with it all....are there steriod guys in the HOF? I know I could google it lol

  12. #6912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    So very happy to see Barkley leave NY, I'm a huge fan of his......NY was never commited to him. He should excel in Philly.

    And Cousins to Atlanta, interesting move.

  13. #6913
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    I was reading on the Twitter (x ... what everrrrrrr) and saw Darryl Strawberry trending and my heart froze for a second. He had a heart attack and it's hopeful he'll fully recover.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  14. #6914
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I was reading on the Twitter (x ... what everrrrrrr) and saw Darryl Strawberry trending and my heart froze for a second. He had a heart attack and it's hopeful he'll fully recover.
    Wow. Bless him.

  15. #6915
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Eddie George to Baltimore, wow. I know George has a lot of mileage on those legs but he's still a beast, this coukd be exactly what the Ravens need.

    Not sure whats good with Dallas they desperately need a RB but they made no moves to get Barkley or George.....either player would gave been a huge huge upgrade over what they currently have. Typical Jerry Jones, terrible owner & even worse GM.

  16. #6916
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Opening day......

    LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!

  17. #6917
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Opening day......

    LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!
    I can get onboard with that! Let's go Yankees ... can't wait to hear 'The Yankees win Theeeeee Yankeeeeeeeees Win!!'

    Our first home game, for the minor league team we go to, is Tuesday. As always my mantra will be 'I'm going to freeze my fool ass off' We pick up our season passes tomorrow. I'm starting to get excited.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  18. #6918
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I can get onboard with that! Let's go Yankees ... can't wait to hear 'The Yankees win Theeeeee Yankeeeeeeeees Win!!'

    Our first home game, for the minor league team we go to, is Tuesday. As always my mantra will be 'I'm going to freeze my fool ass off' We pick up our season passes tomorrow. I'm starting to get excited.
    Start spreading the news.......

  19. #6919
    Senior Citizen Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    14,052
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Opening day here tomorrow.

    GO PHILLIES!!
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

  20. #6920
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Opening day here tomorrow.

    GO PHILLIES!!
    Yankees vs Phillies in the WS again sounds good to me!

  21. #6921
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    well my brackets are doa. that's a lot Arizona, way to screw the pooch. so ... YAY Baseball!!!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  22. #6922
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    well my brackets are doa. that's a lot Arizona, way to screw the pooch. so ... YAY Baseball!!!
    Houston has kicked our ass the past few years so it was so satisfying to watch the Yankees whip their asses the past four games! We are 4-0, a GREAT start to our very long season. Signing Soto will pay off big time!!!

  23. #6923
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    21474856
    I am so happy NC State beat Duke (AKA Puke) and are heading to the Final Four.

  24. #6924
    Senior Member marshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY the Falls end
    Posts
    3,084
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I am so happy NC State beat Duke (AKA Puke) and are heading to the Final Four.
    me too. it knocked the Dave out of the brackets so I'm not the only one out!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1


  25. #6925
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,910
    Rep Power
    14973852
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I am so happy NC State beat Duke (AKA Puke) and are heading to the Final Four.
    Puke! LOL. I'm not a fan of Puke either.

    Nobody is beating Uconn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •