Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sam Dubose, 43, Was Unarmed When He Was Fatally Shot By University Of Cincinnati Campus Police

But, what's fucked up has nothing in this case to do with the court system. It's not corrupted or operating in a way that gives preferential treatment to anyone.

Be angry about what deserves anger, it muddles the issue and makes people justify writing off issues as reactionary when people just knee jerk see conspiracies in everything. Like the Sandra Bland 'dead in the picture' thing that made all her supporters look like fucking lunatics.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    But, what's fucked up has nothing in this case to do with the court system. It's not corrupted or operating in a way that gives preferential treatment to anyone.

Be angry about what deserves anger, it muddles the issue and makes people justify writing off issues as reactionary when people just knee jerk see conspiracies in everything. Like the Sandra Bland 'dead in the picture' thing that made all her supporters look like fucking lunatics.
    I'm actually surprised you feel that way. Innocent people sit in Rikers for YEARS because they can't afford to get out. So basically, their only crime is not having enough money. That seems like the kind of injustice you're usually rallying against. Totally seems like something to be angry about.

That's totally the court system.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I'm actually surprised you feel that way. Innocent people sit in Rikers for YEARS because they can't afford to get out. So basically, their only crime is not having enough money. That seems like the kind of injustice you're usually rallying against. Totally seems like something to be angry about.

That's totally the court system.
    But that's not the situation in this particular case. He was handed a very standard bail for his crime, and he had the ability to pay it. I'm not saying the bail system is by any means flawless or fair, just that in this case, it does not pertain to anything, because it is not the situation. His bail was not lenient, and he was able to pay it for privileged reasons that are by far more complex and exceed well beyond the bail system.

i agree with bowie here. the bail amount was fine, he just had money to pay it. the problem in other situations is that the bail amount is excessive and even when it isn't, people with low income can't afford it.

that breakdown from the video that was posted the other day was very interesting to me. in the case of dickface here, if he has the money to put up, he gets it all back when he shows up. for poor people, they have to go to bails men and end up losing a bunch of money even when they are innocent. that's the real crime when it comes to bail moneys.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

But that's not the situation in this particular case. He was handed a very standard bail for his crime, and he had the ability to pay it. I'm not saying the bail system is by any means flawless or fair, just that in this case, it does not pertain to anything, because it is not the situation. His bail was not lenient, and he was able to pay it for privileged reasons that are by far more complex and exceed well beyond the bail system.
    So aren't we agreeing here?

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i agree with bowie here. the bail amount was fine, he just had money to pay it. the problem in other situations is that the bail amount is excessive and even when it isn't, people with low income can't afford it.

that breakdown from the video that was posted the other day was very interesting to me. in the case of dickface here, if he has the money to put up, he gets it all back when he shows up. for poor people, they have to go to bails men and end up losing a bunch of money even when they are innocent. that's the real crime when it comes to bail moneys.
    Exactly! You sure you're not agreeing with me?

Also, fuck this guy and anyone who can defend this shit. He fucking shot someone for no damn reason, but apologists will STILL find a way to blame the black dude for getting himself killed.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you guys are arguing the same point

I was just saying that of all the social inequalities at play here, the bail system isn't one for once, and everyone was acting like he got handed a deal or this was reflective of the bail problems in this country, which it just isn't.

I was just saying that of all the social inequalities at play here, the bail system isn't one for once, and everyone was acting like he got handed a deal or this was reflective of the bail problems in this country, which it just isn't.
    The reason why people have a problem with it is because this guy is on video shooting someone but is walking around, while kids like the one I posted are rotting in cells just on an arresting officer's whim.

That's some pretty frustrating shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    The reason why people have a problem with it is because this guy is on video shooting someone but is walking around, while kids like the one I posted are rotting in cells just on an arresting officer's whim.

That's some pretty frustrating shit.
    Absolutely but that isn't why he's walking around, he's not walking around because he's been given a pass.

Class inequality is a far larger and more complex problem.

i'm agreeing with you both but you are talking about different things, so yeah.

I know it doesn't matter, but I think that cop has a weird looking face. His eyes are real close together and his mouth is straight across like a slit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunadune1978 View Post
    I know it doesn't matter, but I think that cop has a weird looking face. His eyes are real close together and his mouth is straight across like a slit.
    He looks like a dorky white guy to me.

he looks like he should be a canadian mounted police to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunadune1978 View Post
    He looks like a dorky white guy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    he looks like he should be a canadian mounted police to me.
    He looks like a cold blooded murderer to me

:dropsmic:
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

The children shouldn't get a penny, daddy got what he deserved. Ray Tensing was just doing his job and had no choice to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by gooniemon View Post
    The children shouldn't get a penny, daddy got what he deserved. Ray Tensing was just doing his job and had no choice to pull the trigger.
    Yeah that's why he's being prosecuted right now. For doing his job

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yeah that's why he's being prosecuted right now. For doing his job
    If they don't the racist hate group called BLM would riot

Well, to be fair, it was 8 to 4 about charging him with murder or whatever the other charge was. So all 12 jurors thought he was guilty, to some extent.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information