Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce were murdered and their bodies dumped in different states

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    We had another one near my home town too

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/dea...-1225763546196

While I'm in here. This struck me as very South Australian threat on the police fb

Reasons here if you haven't seen/read Snowtown

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226797590803
    Definitely an ode to Snowtown in that fb post. Those crazy bastards still make me feel sick, the horrendous things they did to those poor people. I have to read about the boy in the box now.

17 rule outs now. SEVENFUCKINGTEEN. & no-one but police, their families & the people who disappeared them know they're gone. What if the person who disappeared them IS family. Wouldn't it make sense to release the names of all mis pers? I get the reason for our privacy laws, but this is a step too far.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227449308265

THE gender and age of the child whose remains were dumped in a suitcase near Wynarka is still unknown as police rule out 17 potential victims.

SA Police said forensic testing on the remains was continuing in a bid to identify the child as Major Crime detectives attached to Task Force Mallee sifted through 150 calls made to Crimestoppers.

They have managed to rule out 17 potential victims
    as part of the investigation into the discovery last Tuesday of the remains by a passing motorist on the Karoonda Highway, near Wynarka.

Major Crime chief Detective Superintendent Des Bray said on Monday that 125 calls had been made to Crime Stoppers since the bones and clothing were discovered last Wednesday, identifying 10 potential victims.

Police said they would not release the identities of those potential victims who were excluded from the investigation

“The response we have received from the public is encouraging and we urge anyone that recognises any of the clothes to please contact police,” he said <<snipped>> the rest is a repetition of earlier articles

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    It drives me crazy, and I was born decades after he was found. I can't even imagine how those poor officers feel. WHO IS THAT KID!?!?
    One theory is that it was a secret oopsie Son of one of the nuns at the nearby convent. I think that's plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by emylou View Post
    Thanks for all of your info and for starting this thread Blighted Star. This is such a sad situation.
    People fucking suck.
    Thanx, but I have to hand the credit for this thread on to Olivia. I posted it in William's thread to start with & couldn't make up my mind what to do, so I copped out & made Olivia decide for me.

& did everyone know about this one from 1953? It's always bothered me more than The Boy In The Box because these little kids were brothers. 62 years & still unidentified

http://doenetwork.org/cases/69umbc.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-21-2015 at 08:35 AM.

I guess the journo's in SA are on high alert for certain types of stories because there were no SA child sex offender stories hitting the Australian national media for a long time & suddenly this is the second one in 2 days. This one is potentially more worrying, depending on whether the verdict was right

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-2...n-boys/6641094

7.30 By Alex Mann
    Updated 28 minutes ago

VIDEO: Questions asked after foster carer acquitted of child abuse becomes father through surrogacy (7.30)
    PHOTO: Mr Easling said he was innocent and his children are none of the government's business. (ABC 730)
    MAP: SA
    A former foster carer who worked for Families SA and was charged and acquitted of 20 child sex offences in 2007 has fathered two children using international surrogacy.

Adelaide man Thomas Easling, 56, travelled to Mumbai in India in early 2012 to undertake an international surrogacy arrangement and returned to Australia later that year with two baby boys.

Mr Easling has told 7.30 he was innocent and his children were none of the Government's business.

Families SA, the state's child protection agency, refused to say whether it had had interactions with Mr Easling, however Mr Easling confirmed to 7.30 there had been no contact at all.

He declined 7.30's requests for an interview.

When the program visited Mr Easling, his two children were dressed and clean. The boys appear to be twins and were smiling and playing together.<<cont'd at link>>

20 rule-outs & despite "best efforts" no success yet with discovering whether this child was a boy or girl. If the forensic anthropologists can't tell yet, it might be impossible without DNA testing

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227454080415

THE gender and age of the child whose remains were dumped in a suitcase near Wynarka is still unknown as the number of potential victims ruled out reaches 20.

SA Police said forensic testing on the remains was continuing in a bid to identify the child as Major Crime detectives attached to Task Force Mallee sifted through 200 calls made to Crimestoppers.

They have managed to rule out 20 potential victims as part of the investigation into the discovery last Tuesday of the remains by a passing motorist on the Karoonda Highway, near Wynarka.

Major Crime officer-in-charge Detective Superintendent Des Bray said that 200 calls had been made to Crime Stoppers since the bones and clothing were discovered last Wednesday, identifying 20 potential victims.

Detective-Superintendent Des Bray (second from the left) at the Wynarka crime scene.
    Police said they would not release the identities of those potential victims who were excluded from the investigation.

Det-Supt Bray said it was imperative that the person who tipped out the contents of the suitcase, which was first discovered shortly after road works were completed in March this year, contacted police.

“Identifying who emptied the suitcase contents behind the bush and when it was emptied is very important to investigators,” he said.

“The person who did this is not in any trouble and we encourage that person to come forward and contact us through Crime Stoppers or attend their local police station.”

Det Supt Bray also noted that further sightings of a 60-year-old man with the suitcase around the same time had been reported to police.

Police and SES volunteers search for clues at the scene.
    Earlier police appeals had noted that a man was seen in the area carrying a dark suitcase, about 8am one morning about six to eight weeks ago.

Described as being aged about 60, of Caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed, police say he was not a local.

“Identifying this man remains a priority so that he can be excluded if not involved,” Det Supt Bray said.

“Police continue to encourage this man or anyone who knows him to come forward and make contact with us.

“Forensic Science SA have been working very hard to identify the gender of the child and to obtain a DNA profile.

“Despite their best efforts they have not been able to achieve that result yet.

“In the interim we need to be patient and we are actively investigating other lines of inquiry that are enabling us to progress the investigation.”

Anyone who saw the man or has seen the suitcase by the highway, or who has any information that may assist the investigation, is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online

South Australian police confirm child found dead by side of remote highway was 'little girl'

South Australian detectives believe a child, who suffered a "horrible, violent death" and was dumped near a suitcase off a remote highway, was a little girl.

Police found the skeletal remains of the child, believed to be girl aged between two and four, along with a suitcase and several items of clothing by the side of the Karoonda Highway, east of Adelaide on July 14.

Task Force Mallee today showed a mannequin of a young girl, with light-coloured hair and wearing a dark leotard and black, sheer skirt, similar to what the child was found wearing, to the media as part of an appeal for information.

Superintendent Des Bray said investigators were fairly certain the body was female.

"We want people to think back into the past, look at that little girl, someone must remember that suit - it's a very distinctive set of clothes," he said.

"Unfortunately we do not have a definite gender from a forensic point of view of DNA profile, the degradation of the skeletal remains has made this very difficult."

"In terms of gender, race and the DNA profile - we're still working towards that, but we do believe it was a little girl."

Based off some limited hair samples found at the scene, forensic officers believe the child was fair-haired.

Police have fielded more than 300 tip offs via Crime Stoppers and are still piecing together exactly what happened. They believe the child was killed at another location and then transported to the remote area in the suitcase and the dumped in the bushes.

An older man was seen in the area, carrying a suitcase, earlier this year.

Police have declined to reveal how the toddler died.

"This is frustrating, very frustrating," Superintendent Bray said.

"It was a horrible, violent death - it was definitely not an accidental death."

Forensic efforts have been hampered by the decay of the body and the fact that at least two separate groups of people have stopped in the area and opened the suitcase out of curiosity.

Anyone with further information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...pFGjlMCBl4o.99

A child whose remains were dumped in a suitcase in the South Australian bush is believed to have been a girl aged between two-and-a-half to four.

And she could have died up to eight years ago, Detective Superintendent Des Bray said on Friday.

A driver reported finding the remains near Wynarka, in the state's south east, on July 15.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...KGEhwOjhALe.99
    Last edited by luvit; 07-23-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Could be a half off-the-grid family like the Colt's? They were in SA before they went to Vic & then NSW. I think they scattered back to Vic & SA after the raids. If we had one family living under the radar on acreage like that there's bound to be more.

There was that little toddler from northern NSW too, Leonie? They never could narrow down exactly where or when she disappeared, it took 4 yrs before anyone realised, but it would've been some time in the early 2000's.

Apparently her mum eventually "kind of" told someone she killed her, but her mum said an awful lot of things & none of it was reliable. Mostly she said Leonie was with a family. I doubt Leonie ever saw a dentist so she's probably not one of the early rule-outs. With a 4 year window on her disappearance, nothing's out of the question.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/leonie-hut...128-2yfl2.html

If this little one isn't linked to William though, I'm still veering towards a kid from a larger SA town or city who was never declared missing & never missed

SA has the record for the worst & longest unsolved child abduction in Australian history

http://www.australianmissingpersonsr.../Beaumonts.htm

& now it might have the worst & longest unreported missing child case in Australian history.

No offence to any South Australians reading, but as a state founded in 1836 because the rest of Aus was too full of convict scum for certain free settlers to associate with, SA isn't doing to well with that whole "Christians not criminals" thing. ( but if it turns out it was a NSW or Vic blow-in then I guess the founding fathers were right )
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-24-2015 at 06:44 AM.

The age of my youngest & all these years no-one's missed her

Forensics is still inconclusive on gender so looks like they're using the majority of the clothes & the length of the hair found with the remains to draw conclusions.

Also the rule-outs they've been listing to media (24 so far) were all living children that have had welfare checks. No word of any rule-outs from the mis pers list - which on the one hand is a relief because maybe there aren't that many names missing from our official mis pers site, but at the same time means pretty much no families of missing Australian kids have been able to stop wondering if this is their missing kid

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227455597262

POLICE now strongly believe the remains of a child found near a suitcase at Wynarka in the Murray Mallee are those of a little girl who could have been murdered up to eight years ago.

It is believed the girl was aged between two to four, possibly with fair hair. She could have been killed as long ago as 2007.

A media conference today was told that meant the girl could have been aged between 10 and 12 if she was still alive.

Major Crime Investigation Branch officer in charge Detective Superintendent Des Bray said forensic testing was still underway.

"While the forensic analysis has not yet provided a conclusive result regarding this child's gender, we are reasonably confident at this time that these are the remains of a girl who had fair hair and was 90-95cm tall," he said.

Detectives displayed a mannequin with hair of a similar colour and length, dressed in new versions of items of clothing found with the body, at the media conference.

Detective Superintendent Des Bray with a mannequin wearing clothes believed to belong to the young murder victim, and a new suitcase of a similar type to the faded case that held the child?s remains. Picture: Dave Cronin
    Det Supt Bray said police had received 223 calls to Crime Stoppers since the remains of the girl were found near a suitcase and items of clothing near the Karoonda Highway about 2km west of Wynarka in the Murray Mallee on Wednesday, July 15.

Investigators believe the suitcase and its contents ? including the child ? were left at the location by an unknown person behind a bush and that at some stage someone tipped most of the contents out behind a nearby bush and left the suitcase near the roadside.

While the suitcase now appears a grey colour, it was originally black and had since faded.

Det-Supt Bray said the suitcase was first seen after road works were concluded in mid-March, but police were keen to hear from anyone who saw it, touched it or emptied its contents.

?We believe the child died elsewhere and was placed into the suitcase before being left at the Wynarka location,? he said.

?For reasons I?m not going to disclose we are confident that this child was murdered and we would appeal for anyone with information that might assist us to make contact.

?This is a tragic case and we continue to follow a number of lines of inquiry in a bid to identify this child.

?At this time 24 children have been nominated as potential victims, but have been ruled out by investigators who have determined that they are alive and not requiring any further police attention.?

Det Supt Bray repeated previous appeals for a man seen in the area about six to eight weeks ago with a dark suitcase to come forward.

The man ? aged about 60, of caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed ? was seen by a number of people in the area.

Major Crime detectives attached to Task Force Mallee want to identify him and potentially exclude him from their investigation.

Police said they would not release the identities of those potential victims who were excluded from the investigation.

On Wednesday, Det-Supt Bray said it was imperative that the person who tipped out the contents of the suitcase, which was first discovered shortly after road works were completed in March this year, contacted police.

?Identifying who emptied the suitcase contents behind the bush and when it was emptied is very important to investigators,? he previously said.

?The person who did this is not in any trouble and we encourage that person to come forward and contact us through Crime Stoppers or attend their local police station.?

Last week, police said the child met a ?violent and terrible death? before being stuffed into the suitcase.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-24-2015 at 08:37 PM.

I wonder if the old guy from 6-8 wks ago is really linked? They said his suitcase was black & not at all damaged in appearance. I've got some junk including an old suitcase like that, that's been waiting for a run to the tip. It's been sitting completely unprotected out the back in the sun & the rain since well before Xmas & it hasn't even started to fade or weather.

I could understand it maybe if it was dealing with tropical extremes up north or even if it sat out in the blazing heat all through summer (mine did though ) but 6-8wks puts it very definitely at mid-Autumn/Easter & that part of SA shouldn't be too much different to southern NSW where I am.

Poor baby. I hope they at least find out her name :0(

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Handmade quilt could hold the answers to identifying a small child

Snipped

-The tattered handmade quilt police believe could identify the murdered little girl whose skeleton was found as the side of the road in a suitcase
    -Police have released images of a soiled quilt found with a child's remains
    -They believe it could lead to a major breakthrough in the investigation
    -Forensic investigators are yet to determine the gender of skeletal remains
    -But police have revealed that 'everything points to it being a little girl'
    -The remains may have laid in the suitcase for months before it was found
    -Police are still pursing a mystery man spotted on the Karoonda Highway
    -Credible witnesses saw an 'older man' in the area on April 13 and May 26

Police say a distinctive handmade quilt could hold the answers to identifying a small child whose remains were abandoned in suitcase on a South Australian highway.
    Investigators from Task Force Mallee released pictures of the handmade quilt ? which features imagery of pumpkins, sunflowers, camels, dragonflies, stars and colourful musical notes ? in the hopes it could lead to a major breakthrough in the case.
    The heavily degraded quilt was found inside a dark suitcase that contained the skeletal remains of young child, along with several items of soiled clothing including a Dora the Explorer t-shirt.
    The suitcase was discovered beside the Karoonda Highway about 2km west of the Wynarka township, east of Adelaide, on July 15 by a motorist who claimed they were 'drawn to something on the side of the road'.

Police believe the child, who was between 90 and 95cm tall when she died, was most likely a little girl, aged between two and four years old, with medium length fair hair.
    The officer in charge of the Major Crime Investigation Branch, Detective Superintendent Des Bray, said that police believe she could have died up to eight years ago.

He presented a fair-haired mannequin wearing a dark leotard and black spotted tutu, similar to what the child was wearing when the remains were found, at a press conference on Friday.
    He said police believe she was killed at another location before her remains were sealed inside the suitcase and abandoned on the side of the highway sometime since March.

The 90cm x 90cm quilt appears to be machine stitched and is filled with a light-coloured polyester material, which police said indicates the maker intended to wash it regularly.
    Det Supt Bray said it has been suggested that the carefully constructed quilt could be an 'i-Spy' design, which allows a parent to use the designs stitched into the blanket to play the classic children's game.
    'Someone loved that little girl and either made her, or gave her, that quilt,' he said.
    'I would appeal for whoever loved her to get in touch with us.'

He said the unique material used in the design could strike a chord with a babysitter, family member or friend who may have purchased the blanket, or the material used to make it, in the years leading up to the young girl's disappearance.
    Police are now working to determine the origins of the heavily stained blanket.
    273 calls have been made to Crime Stoppers in relation to the gruesome discovery, with police ruling out 25 potential child victims and seven persons of interest.
    Police are still trying to identify the 'mystery man' spotted carrying a dark suitcase on the Karoonda Highway on April 13 and May 26.
    'Six to eight weeks ago, local women were out walking about 8am when they saw an elderly male walking towards the highway and across the railway line,' Superintendent Bray said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3gxoK68Wx
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Pictures & another article with much the same detail.

There's still no confirmation on gender so I guess everything is hanging on DNA. If they don't get a good lead through that I guess we'll get a facial reconstruction - which hasn't helped Belanglo Angel any.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-2...ynarka/6648582

A degraded quilt found at the same site as a child's remains in South Australia might help police solve the killing.

The remains were found close to a roadside near Wynarka this month by a passing motorist.

Police hope someone will recognise the distinctive quilt and give them a breakthrough in their murder investigation.

They said forensic examiners had closely checked the quilt, which is 90 centimetres-square.

Detective Superintendent Des Bray said it appeared to be homemade but had machine stitching.

A filling of polyester material suggested the quilt maker intended it be washed regularly, police said.

Detective Superintendent Bray said it was badly degraded, but the fabric still intact showed a wide border of black material illustrated with musical notes.

He said there also were images of a pumpkin patch, a camel and dragonflies.

"It has been suggested this is a so-called I-Spy quilt, which is especially constructed to allow a parent to play I-Spy with the child using the images stitched into the blanket," he said.

"Someone loved that little girl and either made her, or gave her, that quilt. I would appeal for whoever loved her to get in touch with us."

What police know so far:

Child was most likely a girl
    Aged 2-4 at time of death
    Most likely Caucasian
    Had fair hair, 13cm long
    Was 90-95 centimetres tall
    Killed at another location
    Died some time since the beginning of 2007
    Police concede they are not yet able to say beyond doubt the victim was female.

The skeletal remains were found with a suitcase, items of clothing and the quilt near the Karoonda Highway, about two kilometres west of the Wynarka township in the Murray Mallee on July 15.

Investigators said the child could have died up to eight years ago and was killed somewhere other than where the remains were found.

The remains and the suitcase were put near Wynarka some time since the middle of March, police said.

Detective Superintendent Bray said there had been 273 calls so far to the police Crime Stoppers line about the case.

He said police had eliminated 25 children from the investigation who were deemed potential victims but found to be alive.

A man seen by locals in the area about six to eight weeks ago with a dark suitcase is being urged to come forward to police.

Investigators said there had been confirmed sightings of him with a suitcase near Karoonda on April 13 and May 26.

He was aged about 60, Caucasian and of average height, clean cut and neatly dressed, police said.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-30-2015 at 12:37 AM.

SA Pol fb discussion of the quilt

https://m.facebook.com/sapolicenews/...pe=1&source=54

I have a blanket with that exact music note pattern. I got it in 2004. So the pattern is at least that old. I don't want to sound like a crazy internet detective though.

What an ugly quilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    What an ugly quilt.
    It seriously is. What do musical notes and Pumpkins have even remotely in common?

I saw it suggested online that it may be Leela McDougall - timeframe fits

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...y-cult-members

Yeah, I linked her mis per profile when we were posting in William's thread because according to the AFP site she is the only young missing child on the Australian mainland. It's not true that she's the only one missing but she's certainly a possibility in this case.

If it's her, she travelled even further than William would've had to - & what the hell happened to her mum?

& damn. That haircut.

Edit : this has a few details I hadn't seen before -

http://www.mako.org.au/missing-Leela-McDougall.html

One of Western Australia's greatest mysteries has gained international exposure as Australian Federal Police try to re-ignite new leads into the case of missing Nannup mother Chantelle McDougall and her daughter Leela.
    The 30-year-old and her six-year-old daughter went missing in October 2007, together with partner Gary Feldman, 45, and friend Antonio Popic, 40.
    Mr Feldman was only ever known in Australia as Simon Kadwell, a false alias he picked up from England before emigrating in 2000. He was also Leela's father.
    Since their disappearance, he has been linked to a sect based on a doomsday book called Servers of the Divine Plan, which calls on "servers" to take up their positions on Earth before the world's imminent end and rebirth.
    The family and their lodger, Mr Popic, who lived in a caravan on their South-West property, mysteriously vanished, leaving behind wallets, credit cards and dirty plates on the table.
    They were last seen in a Busselton car yard north of Nannup heading towards Perth, where they sold Ms McDougall's car for $4000. The money remains untouched in her bank account.
    Ms McDougall's parents, Jim and Cathy McDougall, have not given up hope of finding their daughter and granddaughter safe and well, but remain convinced it was Mr Feldman who persuaded them to disappear.
    "Originally this guy - Gary Feldman, as we know him now - claimed to be some sort of religious guru and he enticed them into his little flock that way," Mr McDougall said.
    "(It) was September two years ago that we found he was English, and his parents were from England, and he had taken money off people, and that his name was Gary Feldman, and the real Simon Kadwell was quite a nice guy in England."
    He said his daughter was a vulnerable and naive teenager when she met Mr Feldman in Victoria.
    "He was operating in Melbourne when Chantelle met 'Simon Kadwell', if you want to call him that. Chantelle was only a teenager, only 16 or 17. She's 30 now," Mr McDougall said.
    "That guy had other young girls with children and when they moved over there (to WA) she went over to help with the kids and it went on from there.
    "I think she was fairly naive in believing in what this guy was telling her."
    Mr McDougall thought they may have travelled to Brazil, after Ms McDougall suggested the family was planning a holiday there months before they disappeared. But there has been no evidence to show the group left Australia.
    "We did a bit of work but everything we found was a dead end, in the end. So we never really got anywhere ... we couldn't find any reason about where they had been, where they had gone, so there was just no clues to help to find them," Mr McDougall said.
    "It is unresolved and completely strange but also it is very frustrating for us and the police and Missing Persons and everybody because there are four people missing, not just one person missing."
    AFP Missing Persons Co-ordination Centre team leader Rebecca Kotz agreed, saying: "This case is so baffling to police because there are no leads."
    Investigators have so far worked with WA Police, Scotland Yard and US authorities. However this week, as a part of Missing Person's Week, they have stepped up the campaign by involving the global missing children network, which has 19 member countries.
    "All of the profiles that are submitted (to the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children), of which Leela was one of our Australian profiles, will be featured all around the world," Ms Kotz said.
    She said the centre has started a Facebook page this year which includes every profile on AFP's website helpbringthemhome.org.au.
    Although Ms McDougall and her daughter's physical appearances may have changed, her parents say the pair was unlikely to go unnoticed.
    "Leela was very loud child, she wasn't quiet and she loved to know exactly what you were doing.," Mrs McDougall said.
    "She would go up and talk to different people and ask them what they were doing and she loved to dance, play little jokes and that.
    "So I don't know how you would keep a child like that quiet, you would notice her, and Chantelle was always a very kind, thoughtful and caring sort of person.
    "She liked to joke too and she was happy and things like that, and if she was in a community people would notice her."
    Although they still visited WA to see Mr Popic's family - who were too traumatised by the disappearance to speak publicly - they could no longer bring themselves to go to Nannup, saying it was "too heartbreaking".
    "It never gets any easier. You always relive it every day of your life, every day it gets a little bit harder," Mr McDougall said.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-27-2015 at 12:11 AM.

More quilt detail released

It's a pretty identifiable quilt. Weird thing is that it reminds me of the stuff you see dumped at Vinnie's too. They get a lot of old school sewing projects etc - this might've been made specifically for this kid, but like all those clothes it could be second-hand too. It really isn't the most attractive example of quilting

Scotland Yard refuses to rule out Madeleine McCann link in SA child murder victim case

THE body of a murdered child found on the side of a South Australian highway could be that of missing toddler Madeleine McCann, British police have indicated.

Although SA police have strongly denied any link between the world's most high-profile missing girl and the child remains found in suitcase on the side of the remote highway Wynarka, a Scotland Yard spokesman said it could not be ruled out.

According to UK's site the Mirror, the spokesman confirmed that British officers got in touch with their Australian counterparts just after the skeletal remain were found.

"We are aware of reports of the remains of a child having been found in South Australia, and we have made contact with the Australian authorities," he said.

SA police believe a fair-haired girl aged between two-and-a-half and four is the murder victim whose remains were found in the Murray Mallee in the Riverland, earlier this month.

Following an autopsy, police revealed it was "terribly clear that the child died a violent death under terrible circumstances".

"Everything about this case is tragic," said Detective Superintendent Des Bray.

At the time of her disappearance from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz in 2007, Maddie was three-years-old. She would now be 11, which fits the description of the SA child victim.

Since her mysterious disappearance, the search for Maddie has spanned eight years, covering and almost every sighting, theory, witness account and suspect.

However, Australian police are refusing to be drawn into this latest theory, with South Australian Police Commissioner Grant Stevens telling reporters that there was ?absolutely no evidence at this point in time to suggest that the child concerned is Madeleine McCann?.

"We're prepared to consider any possibility, but to suggest something like that at this point in time would purely be speculation for the benefit of getting attention."

Supt Des Bray previously said the little girl could have died up to eight years ago.
    The McCann's spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, refused to confirm if Maddie's parents were aware of the latest speculations about their daughter, saying: "We continue to refuse to comment on speculative reports."

Mr Mitchell added: "This is entirely a matter for the Australian Police to resolve. Commissioner Stevens comments speak for themselves.

"Kate and Gerry will certainly not comment on any speculation. The Yard always keep them informed when and if necessary."

The SA child's remains were found alongside a badly degraded patchwork quilt, believed to have been manufactured in New York about seven years ago.

Police have since released digital images identifying seven of the quilt's 25 octagonal patches.
    South Australia police have also been asked whether the girl could be Western Australian child Lella McDougall, who went missing with her mother Chantelle in 2007.

Commissioner Stevens said investigators were focused on South Australia.

"But we would be considering any missing child in terms of the match with what we have in the Riverland," he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...-1227459693110
    Last edited by luvit; 07-27-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Imagine if it was her? Wow.

A group of mothers on the 'websleuths' online forum have uncovered new clues in the case of the murdered 'suitcase girl' whose remains were dumped with a bag of children's clothing by the side of the road in a remote outback railway siding town.
    In a discussion on a websleuths.com forum, the women have identified the distinctive black tutu adorned with large sequins as a Cotton On brand dress for young girls which was discontinued several years ago.
    The keen-eyed blog posters also identified the item originally described as a child's ruler as a Lanza brand luggage tag, probably from the faded bag in which the remains lay amid numerous items of clothing, and a patchwork quilt found in a degraded state as an 'I-spy' quilt.

Online speculation has been rife since South Australian police revealed the discovery of the bag with the skeleton of a young girl who police say died 'a violent and terrible death'.
    The bones, which police say belong to a girl aged between two and four years old who died up to eight years ago, were found dumped on the Karoonda Highway about 2km west of Wynarka in South Australia.
    A tiny railway siding township 120km south-east of Adelaide, Wynarka lies on the truck route between the South Australian grain belt and Port Adelaide.
    Residents living in the handful of houses at Wynarka noticed a 'mystery man' carrying a suitcase on the Karoonda Highway on April 13 and May 26. The man was about 60 years old, of Caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed.

The gap between the estimated time of the girl's terrible death and the dumping of her remains fits in with what the websleuth bloggers have deduced about the origins of the clothing.
    Police released photographs of the black tutu dress, the pink slipper embroidered with a butterfly motif, a smiley-faced T-shirt, what they originally thought was 'a child's ruler', two pairs of boxer shorts made from the teddy bear and kitten patterned fabric, and the faded suitcase.
    The photographs sparked excited chatter among the websleuth bloggers who quickly identified the 'child's ruler' as the plastic tag from a Lanza brand bag, with its distinctive diagonal logo.
    They moved on to the issue of the black tutu dress, which also had a distinctive feature of large coloured sequins cross-sewn onto the tulle skirt of the garment.
    The amateur sleuthing of the blogger mum and others who have posted on a police Facebook page place the clothing or fabric as dating back to at least seven years ago, tying in with the date SA police estimate the child was murdered.
    Websleuth blogger Pheme quickly identified the tutu dress as 'from a store called Cotton On. My daughter had the same one when she was about 2. Not sure how long they stocked it for though or even if they still do'.

Snoop Dog responded, finding a photograph on ebay of an almost identical black tutu made by the Australian clothing giant Cotton On.
    The only difference was the large cross-sewn sequins were of a single pale pink colour, whereas on the tutu found with the slain child, some of the sequins appeared blue or green, but this could have been as a result of the weathering which has also seen the deteriorated black bodice of the outfit lose much of its colour.
    Daily Mail Australia has also identified a pink slipper, strikingly similar in design of the found item, but with a 'Hello Kitty' motif instead of the embroidered butterfly design.
    Police then released a photograph of a badly degraded, colourful quilt, and quilters lit up the South Australian Police Facebook page with a discussion about the origin of the fabric squares in the quilt design.
    Following this, the SA Police released a further image of the 90cm square quilt along with seven octagonal patches identified by their fabric, featuring musical notes, stars, teddies, a camel, pumpkins, flowers, insects and animals.
    Detective Superintendent Des Bray, the officer in charge the SA Police Major Crime Investigation Branch, said the identified quilt patches included the pumpkin design and the musical notes border, which were an exact match, and the other fabric patches were a close likeness.
    Supt Bray said the images of the items found with the girls' remains had sparked a massive public response.
    On the SA Police Facebook page, quilter Emma Stenhouse wrote that the kind of quilt in the photo released by SA Police was often called an 'I-spy' quilt as they could be used with children playing the I-spy game.
    Emilee Egeberg went to Google images and wrote on the Facebook page that she had found a product called an 'I spy kids quilt' from 2008, which had the exact musical note fabric in some of its patches.

Heather Symons wrote that the musical note fabric had been around 20 years ago, sold by the Spotlight fabric outlet, and that the star fabric was from the same series.
    Emma Rains shared the information with 'my Mum's patchwork group', saying 'someone must know something'.
    Speculation that the fabric from the United States, meaning the quilt was possibly American-made, was quashed by the SA police, who said the fabric was probably imported from the US and sold here.
    Other posters on the police Facebook page, who are taking a closer look at the patchwork designs, may come up with further clues.
    Mellissa Preusker thought she could identify the '2nd hexagon from the right, top row. Looks like a "Unicorn" fabric with a white unicorn head (facing to the left) and pink background. Seems familiar, but not sure where i have seen it.'
    Daniella Erin wrote on the page that she recognised the 'cartoon face of a lady ... but for the life of me I can;t figure out from where. Maybe a Loralie design?!? I'm hoping somebody else does. It's been driving me nuts.'
    SA Police are continuing their investigation and say they have excluded 32 missing children as the potential victim.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3hHMJHAKf
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Definitely not McCann - http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/0...ct-sa-officers

If it is leela McDougall, I wonder if they have anyone to compare DNA with? Her mother is gone too.

After reading your post Berm, God that lot are going to be worse than ever!

Don't get me wrong, there are some good posters at Websleuths & some knowledgeable people. It was just the posters who would come up with an idea, then take it & repeat it as fact with absolutely no proof whatsoever that used to annoy me.

Thread Information