Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce were murdered and their bodies dumped in different states

Olivia you might be able to answer this - does "Sins of the Brother" reference the Crimestoppers call an older Milat brother made BEFORE the significance of Belangalo was realised? In the call he reported seeing a group of young adults with lots if piercings etc being taken at gunpoint into Belangalo by men in 4wd vehicles. He later claimed to have made it up but . I've seen this call mentioned more than once but can't recall where. It could've been Australian Police Journal?
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-16-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: typo, just noticed ...4 mths later ...

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Olivia you might be able to answer this - does "Sins of the Brother" reference the Crimestoppers call an older Milat brother made BEFORE the significance if Belangalo was realised? In the call he reported seeing a group of young adults with lots if piercings etc being taken at gunpoint into Belangalo by men in 4wd vehicles. He later claimed to have made it up but . I've seen this call mentioned more than once but can't recall where. It could've been Australian Police Journal?
    I cant remember ever reading that - doesn't mean it didn't happen in the book though.. I've passed my copy on so I can't check either sorry :(

Just did a search on it. I had no idea there were Milat conspiracy theorists! Wow, what an eye-opener the last 30mins have been for me! One of these conspiracy sites mention it as "proof" Ivan is innocent. They say it was Alex Milat who made the call before any bodies had been found & that he described seeing 2 victims in a 4wd with a "group" of men. I've got the book & the APJ's around somewhere so will dig them out & try to find it mentioned credibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Ausgirl - a friend of mine works at goulburn jail and says that Ivan Milan swears black and blue that his brother/s were involved.

Have you read Sins of the Brother about the milats? A very screwed up family.

Are you on websleuths under the same user name?
    Yup, 'tis me. I came over for the Morgan Ingram thread here and found other stuff! So am sticking around.

I haven't read more than excerpts from that book, one day I'll get around to buying it. But yeah, very screwed up family from what I can tell.

As for Milat's brothers being involved - I think the whole lot bar a couple were, in some way or other. Richard for sure in the actual murders, or he did a few of his own to keep up with Ivan, or something. All his statements about it are loaded with creepy innuendo (he is REALLY GOOD at creepy, I can vouch for that) - I get the definite sense he enjoys dropping 'hints' in these interviews and laughing about it later.

One thing I recall from being in that car.. he kept saying he wanted to take me to his sister's house.. over and over, like he forgot he'd said it so repeated himself. I assumed his sister was in Lismore or somewhere ahead of us on the road, but I am not sure he actually said where his sister was. Only that he wanted to take me there.. I did report all this, but not for a long time (I called it in after seeing him on the telly). Dunno why, maybe just young and wanting to keep it out of mind.

I wish I could recall the whole thing more crisply. It was a long time ago, I wasn't in the sharpest frame of mind at the time, and I was scared witless. I do recall he was driving a pale coloured car, maybe light tan? and it was a 'classic' model.

I remember the cop I spoke to saying I could be mistaken about who it was, as the Milat stomping ground was further south. But he had rellies up past the GC, not sure if they were there then.. and its not all that far. Made me wonder if Ivan stuck to Belanglo (place was almost a fetish for him, from what I read) but maybe Richard travelled further afield..

This must've been the end of '88 as I spent a while in Nimbin and Kyogle and then came home late summer '89.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 02-24-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Just did a search on it. I had no idea there were Milat conspiracy theorists! Wow, what an eye-opener the last 30mins have been for me! One of these conspiracy sites mention it as "proof" Ivan is innocent. They say it was Alex Milat who made the call before any bodies had been found & that he described seeing 2 victims in a 4wd with a "group" of men. I've got the book & the APJ's around somewhere so will dig them out & try to find it mentioned credibly.
    I was just reading some of the conspiracy stuff yesterday! My reaction was "PFFFFT". I don't think it's implausible that there was more than one killer. However, I am pretty sure their surnames were all 'Milat'.

Yeah I was more amazed by the "Ivan was framed" & "Ivan is innocent" stuff. It never occurred to me that anyone other than certain female relatives would think that way.

(21/10/2015 Deleting some personal history because this thread is probably about to get crazy amounts of hits - might put it back when it quiets down)
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-21-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Edited for same reason as above.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-21-2015 at 05:07 AM.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...elanglo-woman/

Whoops, missed an article for Belanglo Angel, I try to catch them all, she & my (edited : member of extended family) are the only 2 unsolved's in the Southern Highlands/Shoalhaven & I feel bad for this girl, losing her name as well as her life. Here's the latest article from May -

Her bones, hair and T-shirt were found by trailbike riders at the end of a long, cold winter in scratchy bushland deep in a forest made infamous by a serial killer.

Belanglo State Forest is Ivan Milat territory - but the young woman's death does not match the murderer's timeline.

Her remains is all that is known of her, all that is left of her short life, which given the isolated terrain in which she was found, probably ended violently.

As she lay, covered in eucalypt litter, the forest slowly swallowed her identity.

A year later to the day she was discovered, Dr Susan Hayes stood in the Glebe Morgue, the young woman's skull in her hands. She would give a face to this faceless young woman - somebody's child, somebody's friend.

Unable to determine her identity through DNA, dental records and the Missing Person's Registry homicide detectives turned to Dr Hayes -Australia's only facial anthropologist.

As Dr Hayes held the skull she was keenly aware there was someone out in the world who loved her, who did not even know yet that she was dead. A mother herself, Dr Hayes offered the remains every respect as she built up the layers of flesh, muscle and then skin using computer imaging techniques and CT scans.

She told police she did not want to know the details of the young woman's death, or the circumstances in which she was found. Her focus was on her face.

All Dr Hayes was given was the time of death - estimated between six months and 10 years from when the body was found in 2010. Also, that she was female and aged between 13 and 25.

"I'm purely face," Dr Hayes said. "I don't do anything else. The age estimation for me was probably the most difficult aspect in that she could be either a teenage girl or a young woman. So working across that age range was difficult."

The forensic image of the young woman that police called Angel, due to the word "Angelic" found on her T-shirt, generated more than 50 leads late last year, but to date none have led to her identification.

"When I work on someone's remains it's not about the law or courts, it's about reinvigorating the case, to give it a media bump, to generate leads in the hope that someone will recognise her and that she will be identified," says Dr Hayes.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-21-2015 at 05:11 AM.

They didn't include any pics in that article so posting the clothes found with her & her face again

Ok, so I just found a fb page for Belanglo Angel & the person running it claims to have id'ed her as a victim of oversease sex-trafficking.

https://m.facebook.com/HelpFindMyFam...178182728&_rdr

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia Sep 29

There is a lot I can't say about "Angel", but what I can say is that most people think that no one realized she was missing, but nothing could be further from the truth. "Angel" was reported as a missing person as soon as she went missing. Her family have been on a quest to find her ever since. They just looked in the wrong places. They had no idea where to look. Just as the Australian police had no idea where to look overseas. There were no clues that either of them could follow through on.

So "Angel" has always been very very loved and very very missed from day 1. And I find this is the case with most unidentified bodies, there is almost always a family out there, a family in pain, a family grieving each and every day they are without their family member.

"Angel's" mum has fought so hard to find her daughter, her love for her daughter and her continued fighting to find her is just awe inspiring. I hope that I can tell you more about "Angel" soon. It all has to be confirmed by DNA, but I for one am totally convinced. I don't think there is anyone that has seen the comparison photographs of the missing person and Angel that is left with any shadow of a doubt that it is "Angel". And it's kind of fitting that I found her on Mother's Day. I suspect "Angel" in heaven pulled quite a few strings to enable that to happen and that brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. Thankyou "Angel" for showing me. I hope that she can similarly now guide and lead the police to those who took her life away, so that justice is done and this doesn't happen to any other child at their hands.

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia I anticipate that her family will come to this page at some stage. That's part of why I felt it was so important to share the above status, as I think they would be mortified if people were under the erroneous impression that no search for her had occurred and she was never registered as a missing person. Angel was registered as missing at least within 1 day of her disappearance, but possibly even hours later. Like ? 1 ? Sep 29
    Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia Oct 5

Part of why this case has been so hard to solve was the fact that "Angel" went missing overseas as an infant. Her photograph as an infant was age-progressed by police. Here is comparison photograph 2 of the missing infant. They have done an age-progression sketch of the missing child. The sketch of the missing child is on the left hand side of the picture, the sketch of the facial approximation from Angel's skull is on the right-hand side. Let me know what you think. I think the comparison leaves absolutely no doubt who she is.

Kelly Madden Any further news on Angel yet? Like ? 2 ? Oct 5

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia No, I've left 2 messages for the Homicide and they didn't return my calls. I'll approach them one last time and let them know if they don't give me specific instructions not to release her name, I will. They've had 4 months I think it is now to work on her case. So it'll happen soon. I will probably release the comparison photographs first. It's a tough balance, not wanting to do anything to interfere with the investigation, yet wanting to make absolute sure it does come out and that her family do find out. Unfortunately I don't know whether her family knows yet, I wish I did. But at the end of the day I will not let things rest until I know for a fact that she knows, she deserves answers. What I can tell you is that Angel was a victim of child trafficking from another country to Australia. Like ? 2 ? Oct 5

Kelly Madden Oh God that is so terribly sad for the poor girl and her family. What a tragic end to her young life. I hope the low lives who did this to her pay for what they did. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Like ? 1 ? Oct 5

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia Ahh dammit, I'm going to post her pictures. I left 2 messages for them, if they can't do me the courtesy of responding, well that's their choice. I'm going to show her comparison pic, but I won't release her name yet. Like ? 1 ? Oct 5

Kelly Madden Poor girl. She's been waiting for a long time to go home and at last be laid to rest by people who love her. Like ? Oct 5

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia For right or for wrong, done, I've posted the pics now. All I want to know is that her mother has been told. The dear woman has been living in agony for years. She deserves to know the truth and be reunited with her daughter. All subject to DNA testing, but everything in my opinion fits. But until DNA confirmation comes through, it can't be viewed as certain. I have no idea whether this has been completed yet or not. Like ? 1 ? Oct 5

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia Another comparison of the missing child whose photograph was age progressed (on the Left hand side of pic) with "Angel" whose sketch is on the right-hand side.Timelind photos Oct 5
    Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia Thanks Pauline Mindyourbeeswax, that's what everyone else who has seen it has been saying. She has a very unusually wide face, and there's only one country in the world where I've found people with similarly wide faces.

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia I have. That person I gather doesn't respond to anything unless they are paid. I sent the person all the details not long after I found her, as a professional courtesy as it is nice to hear back. I've noticed that the overseas listing for her in her home country is no longer online, so I take that as pretty firm confirmation. It had been there for 18 + years!

For those that are investigatively inclined the entry for the missing girl is still up on the Doe Network website and Interpol. If any of you want to try to work out who she is then message her name to me, I am all for people learning how to search. www.doenetwork.org

Tegan Connell do you find out for sure who angel was? Like ? Oct 21

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia An "official confirmation" hasn't been made yet, but I'm certain it was the above match. Hopefully that will come soon. Like ? Oct 21
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-21-2015 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Uggh how many times am I going to spell "Belanglo" wrong in this thread!!

I only searched Angel because I saw this missing poster from Canberra (Belanglo is kind of between Sydney & Canberra)

(Edit 21/10/15 updating broken pic link seeing as the thread is getting new hits - hopefully someone recognises Laura & her case breaks too)

HAWORTH, Laura

Personal Details

Last seen: Saturday, 05 January 2008 Year of birth: 1984 Height: 170 Build: Slim

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Blonde

Complexion: Fair

Distinguishing Feature: from last image, Laura's hair was cut short and dyed red

Circumstances

Laura was last seen on 5 January 2008 in Queanbeyan by friends. Laura never went to work that day and has not made any contact with family or friends since which is very out of character. Police have conducted extensive enquiries and hold serious concerns for her welfare.

But you'd think she'd be the first one they cleared, right?

(& she'd cut her hair short & dyed it red + Angel was probably in Belanglo for 10 yrs).

Edit 22/10/15 found a pic of the shorter haircut

Last edited by blighted star; 10-21-2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling again.

Ok, so I just found a fb page for Belangalo Angel & the person running it claims to have id'ed her as a victim of oversease sex-trafficking.
    I am fairly certain the person who runs that page is mentally ill for real. I've been following it for awhile and she basically claims to have matched hundreds of missing people to unidentified bodies. She has no proof. This is who she believes is Angel - http://internationalmissingchildren....bielawska.html

She posted a photo with the name attached, even though she said she wouldn't out of respect for the family. Someone called her on it in the comments and she deleted it. She also went onto the websleuths thread about Angel and posted her theories, but the mods seem to have deleted it (I think she has pulled shenanigans there before). Basically her reasoning is something along the lines of Monica's father saying she was in Austria. Which could be Australia. lol.

She also 'solved' the gypsy girl case before they found out who the girl really was. Turned out she was wrong and she deleted all her posts about that from the FB page, just leaving up one that said "A better match has been found for young "Maria" the young girl found in the Gypsy camp in Roma."
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-28-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am fairly certain the person who runs that page is mentally ill for real. I've been following it for awhile and she basically claims to have matched hundreds of missing people to unidentified bodies. She has no proof. This is who she believes is Angel - http://internationalmissingchildren....bielawska.html

She posted a photo with the name attached, even though she said she wouldn't out of respect for the family. Someone called her on it in the comments and she deleted it. She also went onto the websleuths thread about Angel and posted her theories, but the mods seem to have deleted it (I think she has pulled shenanigans there before). Basically her reasoning is something along the lines of Monica's father saying she was in Austria. Which could be Australia. lol.

She also 'solved' the gypsy girl case before they found out who the girl really was. Turned out she was wrong and she deleted all her posts about that from the FB page, just leaving up one that said "A better match has been found for young "Maria" the young girl found in the Gypsy camp in Roma."

Thanx Olivia!! I tried to figure out which missing profile it was but gave up.

& yeah, some of her claims are wild. I mean,"A better match"? there's no such thing as better, it is, or it isn't. I really hope she hasn't tried contacting Monika's mum. The scariest part is that unless she's made multiple profiles to create the impression she has followers, there are actually a bunch of people encouraging her & affirming her opinions.

The age-progression pic of Monika really reminds me of someone, but I think it might be someone on tv that I'm thinking of? I don't see any similarity at all with Belanglo Angel. The nose is dramatically different, the jawline too.

She's predicting she'll solve up to 900 more cases over the next 12mths with her special identification system & even claims to be in the final stages of resolving the long term missing case of a man who' s sister recently contacted on her Belanglo fb page. It's all pretty whacky.

ETA Oh wow yes, found the "match" you were talking about

Lol. This conversation

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia Here is another comparison photograph. Note the long face, the similar shaped nose, the widow's peak hairline (where it comes forward on her forehead). A child's face broadens with age, so the chin shape changes as they grow and is less pronounced, but it still juts out a bit at the bottom. Note the overbite or underbite on the picture as this tends not to change. The distance between the eyes changes significantly as a child ages. Eye colour can be influenced by Melanin levels, as hair colours can, so exposure to the sun is significant re hair colour and eye colour after the age of 2yo.

Sleep InOz Nose different, hairline different, chin to lips smaller area - I don't think it's the same girl Like ? 2 ? Oct 21

Melinda Anne Buch-larsen I don't think that's the same girl. There are so many differences. Complexion, type of hair, eye shape and the area from the eyebrow to the hairline is much larger on the girl on the right. The list goes on.. I don't think it's her. Like ? 5 ? Oct 21

Help Find My Family: I Died in Belanglo Forest, Australia It actually takes a while to get a feel for how a child's face changes over the years. Those who know about age-progression photographs have seen the comparison and think the match is pretty close. Have a look to see if you can work out her name then when they do reel ease her name to the public, you will know. I'll do some comparison photographs of shortly after she was taken as I think the similarities are even more pronounced there. Like ? Oct 21
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-21-2015 at 05:16 AM. Reason: spelling again

Unidentified Child's Remains Found In Suitcase On The Karoonda Hwy, Wynarka, South Australia

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/sa...0150718-gif6sk

South Australian Police are appealing for drivers with dashcam to help their investigation into the remains of young child found brutally murdered and stuffed in a suitcase found on the side of a lonely highway.

The skeletal remains of the child, aged three to five years, were found on Wednesday beside Karoonda Highway near Wynarka, about 120 kilometres east of Adelaide.

The tutu and shoe found with the body of a child at Wynarka. Photo: South Australia Police
    Detective Superintendent Des Bray,?head of the major crime investigation branch, said "the child died a violent death in terrible circumstances".

Police on Friday released chilling photographs of a glittery tutu, a pink shoe and and a mottled T-shirt and shorts found inside the suitcase.

But the photographs do not necessarily mean the child was a girl, police say.

The child's body was found on the Karoonda Highway near Wynarka, in South Australia. Photo: Murray Valley Standard
    Officers said they believed the child had died elsewhere and the body was left near the side of the road.

Police also released images of the blue, older-style canvas suitcase with the label 'Lanza'.

Mr?Bray, the officer in charge of major crime investigation branch, said an autopsy was conducted on Friday but the child's sex and age would not be known until early next week.

The mottled clothes and suitcase label found with a child's body in South Australia. Photo: South Australia Police

"Police emphasise that while it's possible that the victim is female, the presence of female clothes should not be taken as confirmation of that, or that the clothes belonged to the child," he said.

"We are hoping that someone recognises the clothes and then can help us identify the child."

A DNA profile is expected to take longer due to the degradation of the remains.

Drivers with dashcam vision of Karoonda Highway are urged to contact police as they may have inadvertently recorded information in their trucks and cars that may assist with the investigation.

Police have released more details about the man seen walking along the road carrying a dark suitcase about 60cm long and 40cm wide, at about 8am one morning about six to eight weeks ago.

He is described as being aged about 60, of Caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed. He was not known to locals.

Mr Bray said on Thursday that the man was seen by some local women as he walked towards the highway, across the railway line, carrying a suitcase.

"He was carrying a dark-coloured suitcase in one hand and he was carrying it as opposed to wheeling it," he said.

The man did not "engage" with them, which they found unusual in the small town.

"They (the women) didn't recognise this person as a local and they haven't seen him since," he said.

Calls to Crime Stoppers have revealed the man was also seen on the highway walking with a suitcase west of Wynarka heading towards Murray Bridge.

Mr Bray said it was unknown how long the "considerably faded" suitcase had lain by the roadside but it is believed to have been there for up to two months.

"The importance of the suitcase and when it was on the road is critical to the investigation," he said.

"There are a lot of people who travel that road, a lot of people who have dashcams in their cars, and certainly a lot of trucks with dashcam.

"We would ask anybody that uses that road and has a dashcam fitted to the front of the car to make contact with Crime Stoppers if they've travelled that road as their dashcam may have images of people connected with the case or may help us to determine when that suitcase was in a particular position and when it was moved."

Wynarka is about 130 kilometres from the Victorian border via Karoonda-Lameroo Road and Mallee Highway.

Police said there had been 93 calls to Crime Stoppers, including five from interstate, since the child's body was found.

A number of calls were from members of the public who had concerns for the welfare of children.

To date, all reports relating to concerns for children have been investigated and police are satisfied they are not connected to the case.

Police said several factors made it unlikely the victim was missing NSW boy William Tyrrell.

Police have established Taskforce Mallee to investigate the crime, with 15 police officers and a "significant" forensic team working on the investigation.

Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at https://sa.crimestoppers.com.au.

Link to earlier posts re suitcase find

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ast-NSW/page23

Also, IMPORTANT for anyone in South Aus or who was in South Aus over the last 2 months -

https://sslcam.news.com.au/cam/autho...-1227446040185

Supt Bray repeated an appeal for anyone who saw a neatly dressed, clean-cut caucasian man in his 60s carrying a dark suitcase in the Wynarka area about four to six weeks ago to urgently contact them.

More witnesses have now contacted police to report sightings of the man.

?We?ve had a couple of witnesses come forward who have seen the 60-year-old man at Wynarka with the suitcase,? Det-Supt Bray said.

?They also saw him on possibly the same day but later in the day around lunchtime, west of Wynarka. He was walking along the side of the road carrying a suitcase. We still don?t know who that man is and if he has anything to do with this case.?

Det-Supt Bray asked for anyone with a dashcam who had travelled the Karoonda Highway in the past two months to contact them

I said this in the other thread but it's really important so ...

I hope people realise they don't just want footage of the date & time the old guy was seen, they want all of it because it will show the position & potentially the missing contents of the suitcase each time someone new moved it & went through it.

So if anyone from eastern South Aus, is reading this, talk to friends & family & let them know any footage is relevant - even if you didn't see a single other car the day you drove through.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-19-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    It is truly disgusting how humans treat other humans. How people just discard children like they're garbage.

Stop this world, I want off.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

This is so sad. Being a dad and soon to be grandpa, these stories really hurt. I pray they find who did it soon.

Off topic for a bit, sorry!! For all of the Aussie members, love your country and want to visit one day. I partied with a couple Aussies way back when and paid for it for a couple days. They were awesome.

Links to the SA Police fb page where they're posting items as they're found.

https://m.facebook.com/sapolicenews/...pe=1&source=54

I said in the other thread that my daughter had that pink coat when she was 2 or 3. I'm not the only one who recognised it. Someone on SA Pol fb identified it as Pumpkin Patch from about 9 yrs ago. My daughter's 13 now, so it sounds about right. Most of the other clothes look around that age too.

Either someone threw in shit from Vinnies to confuse investigators, or this little kid is my kid's age & died a long time ago

Edit : the clothing threads are constantly being updated with new comments but a lot of people saying they have some of these items are saying they were purchased around 10 yrs ago. There's a discussion of the progression of Dora artwork that seems to verify this too

This is the original SA Pol fb post. LOTS of comments. Quite a few people saying the clothes are older & also quite a few also commenting that they look like random items picked up from Vinnies - I can't explain why they look that way, they just do.

SA Pol have also popped into the thread to tell people not to assume it's a girl because of the clothes. As far as I can see it's the only thing they felt the need to comment on so I'm still kind of wary about assuming this is a girl. There are people suggesting it could've been a boy dressed as a girl either as a form of abuse or to throw people off which was something I hadn't considered.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-19-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks for all of your info and for starting this thread Blighted Star. This is such a sad situation.
    People fucking suck.

I guess they have dentals for some of these missing kids. Pretty awful they had at least 10 they could rule out when there's nowhere near that many 2-5 yr olds listed on our official mis pers site

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1227449308265

Gender still unknown, 10 potential mnatches ruled out

POLICE have not yet determined the gender of the child whose remains were found dumped in a suitcase near Wynarka — but have already ruled out 10 potential victims.

Major Crime chief Detective Superintendent Des Bray said 125 calls had been made to Crime Stoppers since the bones and clothing were discovered last Wednesday, identifying 10 potential victims.

Police said they would not release the identities of those potential victims who were excluded from the investigation.

“The response we have received from the public is encouraging and we urge anyone that recognises any of the clothes to please contact police,” he said.

“We believe the child aged between two and five years was murdered at another location but the motive and the exact time frame is unknown.”

Supt Bray said the child’s gender was also not yet confirmed.

“Forensic Science staff are working very hard to deliver a result as quickly as possible,” he said. “We are hoping to be able to confirm the gender of the child this week.

“A DNA profile is also being taken of the child, however, that will take longer.”

Police last week said the child had met a “violent and terrible death” before being stuffed into a suitcase just 40cm wide and dumped on the side of the Karoonda Highway, about two kilometres west of the Wynarka township in the Murray Mallee region.

The discovery of the remains and tattered girl’s clothing prompted SA police to announce the formation of Taskforce Mallee to investigate the brutal but unexplained death.

Detectives released images of clothing including a purple Dora the Explorer T-shirt, blue pyjama shorts and a pair of pink track pants.

Police at the scene where the child’s body was found at Wynarka.
    The items of clothing were found in a suitcase about two kilometres west of the Wynarka township in the Murray Mallee region.

Supt Bray today reiterated a plea for anyone who may have seen a man spotted carrying the suitcase near Wynarka to contact police.

“We are also seeking any information about a man seen by several people walking along the Karoonda Highway, carrying a dark suitcase, about 8am one morning about six to eight weeks ago,” he said.

“He is described as being aged about 60, of Caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed.

“He was not a local.”

Anyone who saw the man or has seen the suitcase by the highway, or who has any information that may assist the investigation, is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at https://sa.crimestoppers.com.au/

http://www.news.com.au/national/crim...-1227449340361

IT WAS a jawbone, poking out through piles of child’s clothing, that began Australia’s chilling body in suitcase murder inquiry.

Stuffed into a 40cm wide dark grey Lanza-brand suitcase in between a Dora the Explorer T-shirt, pink pants, boxer shorts with teddy bears on them, was the skeletal remains of a child who police say died a “violent and terrible death”.

The suitcase lay open, items of clothing scattered nearby, close to the road and near the low bushes that dotted the landscape.

That a small child could vanish without anyone noticing has mystified detectives who say the child could have been dead a “very, very long time” and it has electrified the tiny town of Wynarka, where four witnesses have reported seeing a man with an identical suitcase as the one that contained the child’s remains.

The man, a clean-cut caucasian aged about 60, could hold be the key to unravelling the mystery — because locals say he isn’t one of theirs.

Fewer than 200 people live in the town so anyone unfamiliar stands out.

The fact a possible killer walked among them is troubling some community members who are upset also their town has been plunged into an international news story of the worst kind.

One local said it was frightening to think someone dangerous enough to kill a small child had been in the town.

Wynarka, South Australia. Picture: Tony Gough Source: News Corp Australia

“Even if it was just to dump the body. I mean, what if they were disturbed? It’s such a terrible thing to happen to anyone ... But a small child, who would do that?’

Another resident, Caroline Phillips, told news.com.au, the murder “wasn’t a local story” but admitted the multiple reports of the mystery man was worrying.

“Yes the sighting of the man raises questions for us all. Where was he coming from and where was he going?”

Local people knew that visitors didn’t regularly just wonder through the tiny town, which is possibly why so many have reported seeing the suspect man.

“We are about 20km each way from the nearest town so it is fair to say that people other than locals don’t walk in the town,” Ms Phillips said.

The community was small and close with many having lived there their whole lives, she said.

“There are many young families in the district and like all parents around the nation we are holding our children a little tighter, kissing them often and telling them we love them.”

A local businesswoman refused to speak about the discovery of the child’s remains, other than to say “everyone’s been talking about it”.

Police have released images of the clothing they hope someone will recognise and provide a much needed breakthrough.

A purple Dora the Explorer T-shirt, pink pants, a woollen coat and the pyjama shorts were inside the suitcase that may have been on the side of the road for as long as four months.

Last week, other items in the suitcase — small black tutu dress, a pink slipper embossed with a butterfly, a smiley-faced T-shirt and several pairs of girls shorts — were released by investigators. So far though, no one has come forward.

One man told police he found it just after the road was resurfaced in late March.

Intrigued, he dragged it from behind low bushes close to the road shoulder to look inside.

He did not see the child’s remains hidden among the clothing — that came later when another man noticed a jawbone through the clothing.

In the meantime many others saw the suitcase and even looked through it, totally unaware of what horror was hidden by the clothes.

Officer-in-charge of the inquiry, Detective Superintendent Des Bray, has raised the possibility that someone who came across the suitcase may have removed something from it.

“A lot of people have seen it and several people have gone up and looked in it. It is highly likely if there was anything of value there someone could have taken it. If that has happened I would appeal to those people to contact us,” the Adelaide Advertiser reported.

It’s hoped the gender of the child will be known this week. So far a post-mortem has revealed the skeleton was complete and from a child aged between two and five.

Detective Bray confirmed police believe they knew how the child was killed but would only say they suffered a “violent and terrible death”.

And it appears they have no idea why the child was killed.

A number of leads were being investigated by the 15 strong taskforce including those based on items found in the suitcase, which he would not comment on.

So police have a body, but no name, a cause of death, but no motive and sightings of a mystery man but no suspect.

The people of Wynarka will be hoping more than most that whoever brutally killed a small child and dumped them on the side of the road will be found.

There's little Rahma too. She was 2 when she disappeared from her bed. It was 2005 so it was around the time a lot of these clothes date from. A lot of these kids had probably never been to the dentist yet, they're so young, so they're probably going to have to wait on DNA for a lot of them

http://www.australianmissingpersonsr...elDennaoui.htm
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-20-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    God is good, all the time.

This story reminded me of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_in...hiladelphia%29
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

The boy in the box story still has occasional articles about it here in Philly. The cops on the case were obsessed with solving the case and identifying the child.

It is heartbreaking to see that suitcase and the tiny clothes of another unknown child.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

We had another one in NSW too

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/dea...-1225763546196

While I'm in here. This struck me as a very South Australian threat on the police fb

Ray Carberry
    As a father of four and grandfather of seven this story sickens me to the core! People like the sicko that committed this crime, need to be put in a 44 gallon drum and have the lid welded shut
    Reasons here if you haven't seen/read Snowtown

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226797590803
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-21-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    The boy in the box story still has occasional articles about it here in Philly. The cops on the case were obsessed with solving the case and identifying the child.

It is heartbreaking to see that suitcase and the tiny clothes of another unknown child.
    It drives me crazy, and I was born decades after he was found. I can't even imagine how those poor officers feel. WHO IS THAT KID!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information