Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Police say Sandra Bland (28) killed herself in jail. Many questions being asked.

Well it pisses me off big time because the more um, reactive of my friends take everything released as face value. I agree with a bunch of their statements, but recently, it seems like more crap is being put out. I would like to see some controversy in their ranks... Like other statements saying that this is just one opinion and isn't actually what the majority believes.

I think I saw them do that once with an operation. I forget which one now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

The new video footage aired on CNN actually shows the moment Bland had her mugshot taken.

Bland, initially pulled over for a minor traffic violation, was found dead in her jail cell three days after she was arrested following a confrontation with a police officer. Bland?s autopsy reportedly found no evidence of homicide.

Officials have been receiving threats online over the Bland?s death and hope the new video footage can dispel some of the unfounded rumors, CNN?s Ed Lavandera reported.

Watch some of the video released on Tuesday below via KTRK-TV:

http://abc13.com/news/new-video--rel...d-case/888802/

Prairie View, Texas: Video Shows Councilman Being Tasered by Police Involved in Sandra Bland Case
    The incident, involving 26-year-old Councilman Jonathan Miller, took place Thursday in front of his home. Police said they were questioning four men about possible drug activity in the area.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...rested-n442246
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

he was on his knees
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

From Beli's link -

"I haven't seen anything that gave me any cause for concern as far as this officers conduct at this point."

- said every police officer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    he was on his knees
    That's what she said.

Fuck off, I am tired.

A grand jury will not indict anyone in connection with the death of Sandra Bland, who was found hanged in a Texas jail cell in July.

Five months after her death drew national protests, one of special prosecutors for the case, Darrell Jordan, told The Washington Post that the grand jury decided not to indict anyone, including staff at the Waller County Jail where Bland was held, in connection with her death.

The grand jury will reconvene in early January to “take up remaining issues,” Jordan said. He declined to comment on what those issues might be, because grand jury proceedings are secret. He also did not comment on what evidence led to Monday night’s outcome.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-bland-death/

So no one is going to explain why a woman who allegedly told the police she was suicidal was denied a psych exam and not put into solitary, as is standard conduct in any jail.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Texas State Trooper Brian Encinia has been indicted for perjury in the case of Sandra Bland's death.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Now another department will hire him. We all know this song. All police departments play these hits!

All this "war on cops" bullshit, yet not of these fucking scumbags ever end up being found in a river. If BLM were actually terrorists, they would get a grade of F, cause all these dirty cops walking around is a big fucking fail.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Well. Guess who's getting crossed off the Xmas card list of every police union ever

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/01/...troopers-faul/

SANDRA BLAND ESCALATION TROOPER"S FAULT

When asked Tuesday whether Sandra Bland was at all to blame for a heated exchange with a state trooper during a traffic stop last year, Texas Department of Public Safety director Steve McCraw said officers are responsible for escalations.

?It?s always on the trooper,? McCraw told Texas Tribune CEO and Editor-in Chief Evan Smith. "We?re accountable for every stop. And the citizen has a right to be objectionable ? they can be rude. They can do a lot of things. They can say things, they can do things, and at the end of the day, we have an obligation not to react and be pulled into that. We?ve got to be professional, above that."

Bland's death in her Waller County jail cell three days after she was stopped by DPS Trooper Brian Encinia on July 10 for failing to signal a lane change ignited a national firestorm. The two argued over the stop and her smoking a cigarette before she was pulled out of her car and arrested for allegedly assaulting a public servant. Three days later, she was found hanged in her jail cell. Her death was ruled a suicide.

Encinia violated protocol, acted unprofessionally and allowed the interaction to escalate quickly, McCraw said. ?We require professional courtesy and display at all times, and clearly he did not do it in that situation,? the director said.

Troopers had more than 2 million interactions in 2015, McCraw said, and they "don't get pulled into" confrontations like Encinia did, he said.

Encinia was placed on desk duty after the incident, and McCraw began the process of firing him after a Waller County grand jury indicted Encinia on Jan. 6 on a charge of perjury, a Class A misdemeanor. He could face up to a year in the Waller County Jail and a $4,000 fine.

The grand jury concluded Encinia gave conflicting accounts about how Bland exited her car.

Encinia?s lawyer has said the trooper did nothing wrong and did not lie. Encinia has said he will appeal the move to fire him, but as of Tuesday morning, he had not yet done so, McCraw said.

Besides termination proceedings and the misdemeanor charge, Encinia is also fighting a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Bland's mother, Geneva Reed-Veal

Can someone get rid of this asshole?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It's everywhere.... everywhere, and while the race issue comes into play often with the media, it isn't just minorities that have to eat this shit from cops.
    The county I'm in is terrible. Cops will say you ran a stop sign, and then ask to search, no tickets ever given.... go to jail for a seed here... 0 tolerance.

A couple years ago, I asked a cop.... "What if you lie on your report?" He literally pulled a taser, scared the shit out of even his partner who was between us.... and charged me with assault on a LEO.
    His partner backed him up.... Charges were dropped... but I'm telling you, I'm white as driven snow, and have eaten a lot of resisting without violence charges, and seen a lot of un-holstered tasers just for standing up for my rights.

Ron's is right, someone else will hire this asshole.... Our whole law enforcement system is broken, at least at the higher levels. When I saw the 50 caliber machine guns at Ferguson.... it gave me chills.
    There was no excuse for firepower like that against citizens, I don't care how pissed they were. I really am scared for my grandkids... I believe they could very well grow up to live in a Police State unless something is done.

Perjury? That's all?

So the problem isn't that he violated protocol, it's that he lied about violating protocol.
    Last edited by songbirdsong; 01-24-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

double post.
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 07-09-2016 at 10:05 AM.

A Year Later, Sandra Bland's Death Propels Calls for Reform

by Johnathan Silver July 8, 2016 3Comments

In the year since her arrest and death in Waller County, Sandra Bland has powered the push for criminal justice reforms in Texas. The impact her case will have during the next legislative session remains to be seen, but activists, law enforcement officials, policymakers and analysts — people often at odds — all predict that her death will move legislation on mental health and criminal justice.

In federal court, Bland's mother, Geneva Reed-Veal, is suing Encinia, Waller County and several of its employees. After a year, Bland's survivors are still searching for answers, said Cannon Lambert, the family's attorney. The family feels no comfort as the anniversary looms, he said.

In the year since her arrest and death in Waller County, Sandra Bland has powered the push for criminal justice reforms in Texas. The impact her case will have during the next legislative session remains to be seen, but activists, law enforcement officials, policymakers and analysts — people often at odds — all predict that her death will move legislation on mental health and criminal justice.

It began when former Department of Public Safety Trooper Brian Encinia stopped Bland near the Prairie View A&M University campus on July 10 for failing to properly signal a lane change. After a heated argument, the trooper arrested Bland for assaulting a public servant. Three days later, she was found hanged in her cell at Waller County Jail. Her death was ruled a suicide.

The circumstances of Bland's arrest, which was caught on dashboard camera video, spurred a national discussion about race and policing. The FBI and Texas Rangers investigated, Bland's mother filed a wrongful death lawsuit, legislative hearings were held and the screening process for new inmates in Texas county jails was changed.

DPS Director Steve McCraw began the process of firing Encinia in January after a Waller County grand jury indicted him on a perjury charge. The panel concluded there was evidence Encinia lied about the circumstances under which Bland exited her car. Attorneys for Encinia's criminal case have said there is a misunderstanding of police procedure and that their client did nothing wrong. He has pleaded not guilty and is awaiting trial.
    “When you confine somebody and deny them their liberty in a county jail, you have a duty to protect them and look out for their health and safety, and too often that does not happen.”— State Sen. John Whitmire, D-Houston, chairman of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee

In federal court, Bland's mother, Geneva Reed-Veal, is suing Encinia, Waller County and several of its employees. After a year, Bland's survivors are still searching for answers, said Cannon Lambert, the family's attorney. The family feels no comfort as the anniversary looms, he said.

"We want [Bland's family] to know what the FBI knows. We want them to know what the Texas Rangers know," Lambert said. "We want them to know what Waller County and all of the other defendants know. That's been a major desire of the family from the outset. We also want to hold those responsible for her passing accountable. We have to do that one step at a time."

When she was screened after entering the Waller County Jail, Bland reported having had suicidal thoughts in the past, but said she was not feeling suicidal at the time. Since then, lawmakers have scrutinized the screening process for new inmates and challenged jails, with new screening questions, to route inmates with mental health issues toward treatment.

"When you confine somebody and deny them their liberty in a county jail, you have a duty to protect them and look out for their health and safety, and too often that does not happen," said state Sen. John Whitmire, a Houston Democrat and chairman of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee.

Bland did not pose a public risk, Whitmire said.

"They knew that she couldn't post bond. They knew she had a job at Prairie View. They knew she had a residence in Waller County," he said. "It's outrageous that she didn't get a personal recognizance bond and agree to appear in court, and she'd be alive today. That experience is repeated often in Texas."

Bland's death has raised calls for bond reform, improved screenings for mental illness and guarantees that inmates have access to medical resources.

"Once she got to jail — in fact, you could say even before she got to jail – the system failed her," Whitmire said.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/07...-center-stage/

Meanwhile, in Walker County jail, Texas:

WALKER COUNTY, TX - After a 22-year-old mom died in the Walker County Jail earlier this month, the Texas Rangers were brought in to investigate the female inmate's death, just like in the Sandra Bland case in Waller County.

The young mom, Symone Marshall, had just moved to Huntsville from Detroit.

Marshall was originally arrested on April 26 following a car accident near Huntsville on I-45.

When Marshall suffered a seizure a few weeks later behind bars, she was later pronounced "dead" at Huntsville Memorial Hospital.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2639562

http://cw39.com/2016/05/20/quanell-x...female-inmate/

While the Sandra Bland case remains full of controversy for Waller County, it looks like things are running according to proper procedure in Walker County. And the public certainly hopes that trend continues.
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 07-09-2016 at 09:13 AM.

What a difference a year has made!

Oh wait, no.

Basically. And wasn't it two years ago when Michael Brown was killed?

What a difference a year has made!

Oh wait, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information