Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mahmoud Hrouk, 16, Was Held Captive & Sexually Assaulted Before Being Bludgeoned To Death (Sydney)

No pix of him yet as far as I know, I was looking earlier. Just his family going off outside court & saying they got the wrong guy.

I was read that if someone gets murdered in this kind of way it usually means that are affiliated with criminals, more likely drug dealers.
    Apparently the reason they get raped in such a violent way is cause they are called loose lips, they use the higher ranked drug dealers name to people who should not know who he/she is. It's to keep their mouthed shut.
    Apparently he did not have a criminal record cause he only started in the business, he would been a runner, but he talked too much and got taught a lesson.
    I read all of this of Facebook,(not saying all you read on Facebook is true) comments in relation to the death by someone who kept on posting on nearly every post about this. Then I asked around and apparently its true, if someone talks about things they shouldn't they get raped violently with a broom or pole to teach them a lesson of not to ever talk again.
    The killer was on bail for drug supplying charges, you never know.
    disgusting act whoever did it!

Welcome to MDS!

I wouldn't worry too much about the fb stuff. It sounds like the usual hype trying to make it sound like every kid from Granville Boys High is a drug-dealing hood & for sure some are are, it's rep was shit even 30 yrs ago, but a lot aren't & even police say Mahmoud was a good kid - & coppers doing that in Granville/Bankstown/Merrylands East is pretty much unheard of.

Besides, if it was really true, this would be one of many, many, MANY such murders in the Sydney & Melbourne drugscene/Underworld - yet everyone else copped hotshots of heroin, drive-bys, execution-style shootings, being tied to anchors & dropped off Sydney Heads (see Neddy Smith for those) or garden variety bashing.

I said it earlier in the thread but it still stands - I can't think of a single other teenage boy murdered like this in NSW for at least 40 yrs. If it really was a "standard punishment" we'd be getting pages of google hits like Mahmouds case when we search "gangland killings/gangland executions".

Even this guy was only shot & if they were going to use a brutal sexual assault as a punishment on anyone, he'd have been top of the list

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-0...meline/5571736

Check out some other threads too : )
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-18-2017 at 03:34 AM.

Im thanks for the welcome 😊
    I was a bit skeptical when I read it on fb but I asked around, (let's just say people who used to be into criminal activities) said that was a form of punishment used around the area, (Fairfield, Liverpool, areas and Middle Eastern background guys), but not to a point of death. They were sodimized so they kept their mouthed shut. They were taught a lesson.
    There are a lot of torture they inflict that victims don't talk about, nor do the police know about, sickening if you ask me.
    Mahmouds family has stated they want everyone to remember as a good boy, but initial reports state he was known to the police. I followed it from the day it aired on the 17 May and they said negative things at first and to only recently state he was a good boy.
    And that house they found him at is a junkie house, where people would get high and hang out.
    Something just doesn't add up.
    I feel for the family of the victim and for the poor victim, his last few hours 😢 God only knows what pain he went through. Poor kid

OK, I can see you're pretty stuck on your view of this - so here's the other version of this story :

Firstly The Tele always reports Middle Eastern kids as "known to police" - you've probably noticed that anti-Muslim media coverage is at a rabid level lately because of Tony Abbott's need to froth up fear over his "War on Terror" before the next election. We have to go to the polls by January 17, 2016 - so watch the Murdoch press & LNP press conferences hit fever pitch over the next few months.

Mahmoud was caught up in this coverage - that is why the early reports were negative, not because of something sinister he was involved in. If he had a record like a lot of kids in that part of western Sydney, believe me, the media and police would have it on blast by now. Media are backtracking on their earlier comments not as part of a cover-up/conspiracy, but because Mahmoud's parents can prove he wasn't a criminal & the editors don't want to be sued for libel. His parents might still have a case for the earlier coverage but media are probably hoping the family will feel kindly to them if they give their son's story the accurate & sympathetic coverage it would've recieved from the start if instead of "Mahmoud from Bankstown", this happened to "Matt from Narrabeen".

It also seems there's some misunderstanding of what "known to police" actually means. I was known to police as a kid because I lived in a not-so-great suburb where they had a habit of stopping teenagers, asking for ID & writing your name & address down in their notebooks - repeatedly. You could be on your way to school in full school uniform, riding your bike to the local shops to pick up bread & milk for mum - & BAM, if anything terrible ever happens to you, your family is going to have to endure the media reporting that you're "known to police" & therefore you probably contributed to your own death too. Keep in mind too, that it's really hard not to associate with criminals if you live in a high crime area & you're forced to sit next to them at school - thanks to your Maths teacher's seating plan you'll instantly have criminal associations whether you want them or not.

There have been gangs working out of that "Muslim part" of Sydney for at least 30 yrs - as far as I'm aware there isn't a single gang murder involving sexual assault. There are fatal bashings, fatal shootings, stabbings, machete attacks, drive-bys etc - & lots of them. But none of them have had a sexual assault component & that's a very strange & amazing thing if this is really the standard punishment used by this particular gang community.

If you're getting this stuff from someone claiming to be a young Muslim gang member in Granville or Bankstown then I guess it's possible but I'm a lot more inclined to think this is a story someone heard from a friend of a friend of a friend or (more likely) it all started with yet another troll account that posts shit on Muslim articles to make everyone understand that even raped & murdered Muslim high school boys don't deserve sympathy because these boys are all criminal & terrorist threats.

Unfortunately that shit does seem to work on quite a few Australians - 20-30 yrs ago they were spreading it about the Vietnamese community, before that it was the Greeks, before that the Italians, before that, Germans & Japanese - it goes right back to the Chinese & Afghans on the goldfields in the 1850's.

It's always the same shit.

EDIT :
    & just so you're aware, there's been a huge difference between the media version & the police/family version right from the start.

The police have NEVER supported what the media were saying about Mahmoud & this article from May 19th is a perfect example - first the reporters claim he's a street kid even though they quote a relative telling them that's utter shit.

Then they put a tiny 2 lines from police into an article that repeatedly makes Mahmoud sound like an out of control kid involved with drugs & gangs who contributed to his own demise.

Right from the start, Murdoch journalists were the only ones saying bad things about Mahmoud & the proof is right there in their own articles.

Here, their own headline was shown to be a lie repeatedly throughout the article, but Murdoch journo's know their readership often don't get past the headline, so mission accomplished

May 19th
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227359555993

MAHMOUD Hrouk was living in a clandestine halfway house for youths when he was bashed to death at the weekend

<<snipped>>
    Mahmoud’s cousin Manar Yehia denied the boy was sleeping away from the family home in the months leading up to his death, adding that the family was struggling with the pain of not knowing how or why the 16-year-old was murdered. “We don’t know anything, no-one knows the truth,” she said. “No-one knows what’s really happened, he was fulltime living at home, he was a happy boy. All we know is that he’s gone.”

<<snipped>>

Investigators were last night unable to determine how many people were involved in the suspected brutal murder. They are yet to name a suspect.

Mahmoud was not known to them and had no known links with any gangs.

His teary mother said last night: “He was very loving, he was very caring, he was my best friend.”

Only a fortnight ago he had re-registered with the Fairfield United Rugby League Club and was due to play his first game with the under-17 second division side on Sunday.

“He was a good kid,” club president Robert Samaan said. “We had a game on Sunday and he just didn’t show up. Now I know why.”

The "good stuff" has been there since day 1 - media just chose to omit or minimise it.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-18-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Also, the NSW Premier's Reading Award is pretty easily verifiable. You have to read a long list of books within a limited period of time & apply for the award.

Mahmoud obviously applied though & unlike a lot of kids who stop taking part by 6th grade, he was even willing to do it when he was in high school.

He was only 16 when he died so the good boy/dedicated student stuff was clearly true pretty recently.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227422118183

Actual award list for Granville Boys High -
    http://www.granvilleb-h.schools.nsw....011?pparam&old
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-18-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Don't know if anyone who believed the disgusting Islamophobic lies printed about Mahmoud by Australia's Murdoch press is still reading MDS threads, but as I said back in 2015, this was no gang murder & Mahmoud was not guilty of anything. He was a victim & his family deserved support, not gossip & hate.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-1...-hrouk/9160478

A Sydney man who brutally raped and murdered his 16-year-old friend has been sentenced to 45 years in prison for what the judge called an "unspeakably violent" and disturbing crime.

A jury found 24-year-old Aymen Terkmani guilty of sexually assaulting and killing his friend Mahmoud Hrouk in August.

Terkmani had pleaded not guilty to his charges during the trial.

Police investigate the death of Mahmoud Hrouk

NSW Supreme Court Justice Lucy McCallum said the case was complicated as the offender did not offer any explanation for his actions.

In her sentencing remarks, Justice McCallum noted the "horrific savagery" of the "gruesome" crime that had torn the victim's family apart.

Justice McCallum said she had considered a life sentence but took the offender's age into account.

'Shattered beyond recognition'

Mahmoud was last seen alive on the evening of May 16, 2015, when security cameras captured the teenager and Terkmani eating at a fast food restaurant in Villawood.

His body, covered in blood, was found in an abandoned house in the western Sydney suburb of Fairfield East the next day.

He had been beaten with a toaster and rolling pin, strangled, and sexually assaulted.

The victim was left lying in a pool of blood and the court heard Terkmani took his clothes, phone and money.

The court heard Mahmoud's brother found him "shattered beyond recognition" at the house.

Terkmani sat in court with his eyes down, wearing a black suit with his hair pulled into a ponytail.

He appeared to be fighting back tears as the judge asked him to stand and hear his sentence.

Terkmani can apply for parole after serving 33 years of his sentence.

"The offender should not be regarded as beyond redemption," Justice McCallum said.

'Devastating' impact on victim's family

In her sentencing remarks, the judge painted a picture of the victim as a hardworking, warm-hearted teen who gave most of his wages as a labourer to his parents and dreamed of building his mother a mansion.

"The impact on the family of Mahmoud Hrouk has been absolutely devastating," Justice McCallum told the court.

She described how a previously "happy and close" family who played backyard cricket and footy in the park together had been changed forever and were left "bitter, dysfunctional and torn".

The judge said the victim's injuries "which were too gruesome to describe" indicated the offender had a psycho-sexual motive.

Outside the court, a big group of family and friends of Mahmoud gathered and thanked the court for the decision.

"We all believe in the laws, we are all under the law here," Mahmoud's mother Maha Dunia said.

"I'd like to thank you all and God bless you."
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-18-2017 at 03:21 AM.

Also, we didn't have pix of Aymen Terkmani when he was first arrested but there are a few now.

He was so much bigger than Mahmoud. Poor kid didn't stand a chance - he thought Aymen was his friend, so he probably couldn't believe what was happening until it was too late.

That poor boy. I can't even fathom what was going through his mind as his friend was attacking him. 😥

The offender should not be regarded as beyond redemption," Justice McCallum said.
    I don't get this statement at all. How could they say that after what he did to that boy?! They also said his injuries had a ' psycho-sexual motive'. I'd say he was beyond redemption and should have been given life w/o parole.

Thank you Blighted for updating this so I got a chance to read it. Also, for your posts. Not being from there, they explained a lot about what goes on. Ty.

Thread Information