Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Deorr Kunz Jr (2) Missing Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir Lemhi County

To me, the 911 call from the mom is nuts. She is so calm. It's almost eery calm. Like wouldn't you be screaming his name, crying hysterically, out of breath from running through the woods looking for him? It's weird to me that she has totally stopped looking for him while talking to the operator. Also weird that she waited an hour to call. I think it would take me MAYBE three minutes before I called. I could even see 10-15 minutes if you aren't an easily panicked person, but an hour? And no obvious hysterics after that long of "looking?" It's odd.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Not to mention they dressed their kid in camo boots and camo jacket - he probably tried to get away, hid under some leaves and said "ha! fuck you gramps!" Now he's found a cabin and is sitting by a fire, smoking Cuban cigars.

Seriously though, this is all kinds of fucked up. I'd be going batshit fucking crazy if I couldn't find my child. Batshit. I'd have no voice from screaming his name, and blood on my hands from "interrogating" my family.

This is a parent's worst nightmare.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post

That's not what I'd call an enclosed area. It's a large wide open clearing surrounded by forest and a steep drop down to the creek. It's only accessible by 4 wheel drive. So, yeah, someone coming in and snatching the child should have been noticed, if that's what the parents are trying to say.

The father said they left Deorr with the great-grandfather and his friend. The boy was getting ready for his nap. It's been my experience that non-parents don't really know what to expect when watching a small child, or they forget they've been left with the responsibility. That could have been the case here, but then the child should have been found long before now.

Idaho, isn't that where that Hannah girl was found? She was spotted by horseback riders. Is that a possibility here, I wonder.

Oh wow. It's shallow, but it's not what I was picturing, all those fallen trees & rock ledges in that creek - he's only 2. He could so easily be lodged under something in the water. Do you guys have animals out there that dig warrens? So often burrows have openings under & around fallen trees, even in the hole the rootball leaves when a tree falls. He's so little he could easily be completely concealed in a naturally formed hole & covered over by the plants above it.

Looking at that terrain there's definitely enough of a chance he wandered to give his parents the benefit of the doubt.

I'd have more questions if she was completely hysterical from the get-go. If he's genuinely lost then when the alert first went out his parents would've been telling themselves "he's fine, he's just lost, but we need more feet on the ground to find him fast". If your kid has just wandered off no way to you instantly act like you've just had a fatality - unless you killed your kid & you're faking grief.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post

I'd have more questions if she was completely hysterical from the get-go. If he's genuinely lost then when the alert first went out his parents would've been telling themselves "he's fine, he's just lost, but we need more feet on the ground to find him fast". If your kid has just wandered off no way to you instantly act like you've just had a fatality - unless you killed your kid & you're faking grief.
    This. Exactly.

Well, if my toddler ever "wanders off" in the forest with a creek nearby, everyone will think I did it then, because I would be absolutely fucking out of my mind hysterical by 5 minutes in. My 3-year-old hid in a closet one time and I was running down the highway screaming his name like a crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Well, if my toddler ever "wanders off" in the forest with a creek nearby, everyone will think I did it then, because I would be absolutely fucking out of my mind hysterical by 5 minutes in. My 3-year-old hid in a closet one time and I was running down the highway screaming his name like a crazy person.
    I get it. But the image in my head of you doing that is greatness!

There's a pic of me and my little one on my fb page, it's about 9 years ago, and I have this "fuck you" look on my face. The reason is because we were celebrating his birthday at a local arcade/racing venue and I found a kid, couldn't have been older than two, wandering outside the fence near the interstate access road, no parents in sight. None. Anywhere.

I picked him up, and brought him back inside the establishment and asked if this little one belonged to anybody. An older lady got up and took him from me, said nothing...no "thank you", didn't even acknowledge my presence...just took the kid. I wanted to beat the fuck out of every adult at that table (there was like, five of them, and at least six other young children). A few of them started talking to him and calling him by name...As I walked away I said "excuse me, keep a better fucking eye on your children next time. I found him wandering by the access road." and walked off. I was so angry I could have spit nails at every one of those fucks. No one said a word.

i'm a pretty calm person by nature... my 911 call would probably be calm. well, a mix between calm and shock. when i am panicked, i instinctively err on the side of calm, knowing that being panicked and all over the place wont help anyone figure out what's what. usually i will try to get everything in order and then when i've transferred the responsibility, i allow myself to break.

but i don't have a kid that i'm responsible for so that might be a whole other experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Everyone reacts differently to highly stressful situations .... not everyone would respond like you would. The sheriff suggested that people stop wild speculation. As is the case in general, the parents are always the primary suspects.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

I think a couple of reports said they called after 20 mins, that seems pretty reasonable for the time it takes to first try & search the area yourself & then realise you need more help. They called police in after a similar amount of time for William Tyrrell too.

But for sure everyone's different, some freak out immediately, some have a calm kind of panic where everything runs in slow motion (that's me) & then you get others who pretty much refuse to even consider the worst possibilities until reality forces them to. Realistically though, most missing kids do turn up safe & sound soon afterwards so it isn't unusual that someone with a genuinely lost kid would hope for the best as long as they could.

At the same time though, most of our threads lately teach me I should never give parents the benefit of the doubt (I always remember the Caz Hazuga thread when I'm leaning towards innocence - I got burned on that one).

Such a sad case .... a sweet little defenseless two year old ... it is unlikely that this will have a Happy ending.

The people that released the cremains in the area were probably just doing so at the request of a deceased love one. I don't think its their fault the dogs were thrown off by that scent

ETA: watched that vid and it's a dense forest around the camp site. He's probably somewhere in the woods covered by something. I really don't think he was abducted.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 07-18-2015 at 11:21 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt. If I'm wrong, that's OK. I'd rather be wrong about that than to wrongly speculate they're guilty of killing him or something.

Statement analysis dude has analyzed the first half of the interview: http://statement-analysis.blogspot.c...s-parents.html

Two things stand out to me: First, he notes the dad is sensitive about the truck and the need to explain why he was in the truck, yada yada. Second, he believes there was some kind of disagreement about when to call LE after discovering Deorr was missing.

So, I asked myself, why would one or more of them be hesitant to call LE? The most obvious answer is they were trying to cover up his death, and I don't believe that to be the case here. So, why else?

I hate to add to the wild speculation, but here's my theory: They went "exploring" for 10 or 15 minutes (likely a lil longer) to smoke a joint ... or something like that. When they couldn't find Deorr, they were concerned that the authorities would find their stash and, after finding Diorr toddling around the wilderness, would charge them with child endangerment/neglect, possession, etc. and that child protective services might take him away. So the dad drives up the road a bit to dump their stuff, which is why he's tripping all over himself trying to explain why he drove up the road while his wife was calling 911.

I fully acknowledge that I just pulled that scenario out of my ass, though. :)

Some of the folks commenting on the analysis seem to think there's a more ominous explanation for the whole "truck" thing and are questioning why the blanket Deorr supposedly always had with him was in the truck if Deorr was not. But they made a supply run a little while before he disappeared, so maybe they just failed to get it out of the truck when they returned. I dunno.

Sorry ... I've had too much coffee, haha, which tends to make me ramble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I can't imagine being a parent of a missing child and having the searches called off or even scaled back.

I keep wondering who the great-grandfather's friend is and why there isn't information about this friend.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/Searc...-back/34255568

LEMHI COUNTY, Idaho -

The Lemhi County Sheriff's office has announced they are scaling back on the search for the missing 2 year old boy DeOrr Kunz.

Crews have been searching the Timber Creek/Stone Reservoir area for ten days now. The Sheriff's office has decided to redirect the investigation but will continue to keep a presence in the Timber Creek area to search for clues. They believe it is still possible DeOrr may have been abducted by strangers or wild animals.

Numerous resources, including helicopters, divers, side scan sonar, scent dogs, cadaver dogs, horses, ATVs, and over 300 people on the ground, were used to grid and search the reservoir, the creek, and the hillsides, with absolutely no sign of DeOrr.

The Lemhi County Sheriff's office is asking the public to continue to report any information to the Idaho Fusion Center at 208 846-7676, or to the Lemhi County Sheriff?s Office at 208 756-8980.

So I read somewhere else the mother in this case has children she lost custody of. I don't know if that has anything to do with this little guy, I just found it interesting.

If there was a 30 min time period where no one was watching this child he could have gotten pretty far.

I agree with you TOH about what the parents "went off" to do. Some people think they went to have sex (not me) but I do think it's something that they wanted to keep from LE.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Finally an update! The friend of the ggpa's name has finally been released:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35680592&nid..._cid=popular-3

IDAHO FALLS — The third individual who was at the Leadore campsite when two-year-old Deorr Kunz Jr. disappeared said he has no idea what happened to the toddler.

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman confirmed Isaac Reinwand, 35, of Idaho Falls, was at the Timber Creek Campground on July 10 alongside Deorr's parents Jessica Mitchell and Deorr Kunz Sr. and his as yet unnamed great-grandfather.

The sheriff's office had previously withheld Reinwand's name, referring to him only as a family friend at the campsite.

Over the weekend Reinwand's name was widely publicized on social media, leading to Bowerman confirming the detail to EastIdahoNews.com.

"Yes, he was at the scene," Bowerman said in an email. "He's (been) a personal friend of grandpa's for about five years. We are treating him no differently than the family, he has been questioned numerous times, and has been to the scene with me."

Bowerman said Reinwand, similar to Mitchell and Kunz, are "persons of interest" in this case because they were at the scene. However, at this time, neither Reinwand, Mitchell or Kunz are suspects in the missing persons case.

The great-grandfather, who authorities have not identified, also has not been labeled as a suspect. Authorities said his declining physical and mental health ruled him out at the beginning of the case.

Over the weekend, Reinwand was repeatedly identified as a sex offender with an extensive criminal history in online forums and on social media. However, police and court documents dispute that assertion. The Idaho State Repository shows Reinwand was charged with felony rape in 2006, but that charge was amended down to misdemeanor domestic battery.

Sheriff's officials also have told EastIdahoNews.com Reinwand is not a sex offender.

"He does have a criminal record, however the police reports are not consistent with his record (and I'm) not sure why," Bowerman said in the email.

(Isaac Reinwand) does have a criminal record, however the police reports are not consistent with his record (and I'm) not sure why.
    –Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman
    Bowerman did not elaborate on the inconsistencies.

EastIdahoNews.com spoke with Reinwand briefly Monday morning on his doorstep. He confirmed Deorr was with him and the great-grandfather before he went missing, but Reinwand declined to answer further questions.

"He just disappeared," Reinwand said.

Investigators are still classifying the Deorr Kunz Jr. case as a search and rescue. During the last two weeks, search crews have conducted extensive sweeps of the area, including the reservoir and the creek. The search was scaled back after 10 days. There is still no sign of Deorr.

Mitchell and Kunz believe their son was abducted. Bowerman has not ruled abduction out. He said authorities do not suspect foul play, but has said in the past that everything is being considered in the search for the toddler. No suspects have been named in the case.

Deorr has been missing since the afternoon of July 10, when the Salmon Dispatch Center received a 911 call from Mitchell that the toddler had gone missing.

The parents told EastIdahoNews.com they left the child with his great-grandfather and when they returned 10 to 15 minutes later, Deorr was gone. The great-grandfather assumed the child was with his parents.

"My dad was standing there watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone," grandmother Trina Bates Clegg said on July 12. "It appears like he just vanished."

My question is: why would the parents have a man in declining mental and physical health watch their child?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 07-27-2015 at 02:11 PM.

my question is why would the parents have a man in declining mental and physical health watch their child
    Because the sex offender was there for backup?

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Wondering if Isaac volunteered to take polygraph

Last edited by luvit; 07-27-2015 at 06:47 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The wall of his Facebook is enough to make me totally side-eye this character. One post about the missing child, the rest about crazy women, and making laws to kill cops. I hate him already
    Last edited by IzzyCooper; 07-27-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyCooper View Post
    The wall of his Facebook is enough to make me totally side-eye this character. One post about the missing child, the rest about crazy women, and making laws to kill cops. I hate him already
    Big creep factor reading his Facebook.

Why is a 35 year old friends with a great grandpa anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Why is a 35 year old friends with a great grandpa anyway?
    I wondered this as well. All kinds of hinky going on here.

Creeper

Thread Information