Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Deorr Kunz Jr (2) Missing Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir Lemhi County

SALMON – The Lemhi County sheriff says the FBI is unable to analyze some evidence in the case of a missing Idaho Falls toddler.

DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappeared July 10 while on a camping trip with his family at Timber Creek Campground in Leadore. The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office has been investigating the case since the beginning and, in August, Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told EastIdahoNews.com that polygraph test results and other evidence were turned over the FBI.

“The FBI informed us that they could not analyze some evidence that we gave them,” Bowerman wrote in an email to EastIdahoNews.com Friday. “I’m not sure what that’s about, and they still haven’t provided me any behavioral analysis.”

Bowerman says the search for the 2-year-old continues and his department plans to use the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the Polly Klaas Foundation to help with the investigation.

Nearly a dozen billboards and digital readers featuring DeOrr have gone up across Idaho this week, and his family says they continue to share and post flyers featuring DeOrr’s image.

Meanwhile, a private investigator working with DeOrr’s parents, Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr., tells EastIdahoNews.com he has severed ties with the family over “disagreements.”

Bowerman says those on the camping trip — DeOrr’s parents, great-grandfather Robert Walton and family friend Isaac Reinwand — have been cooperative from the beginning.

Next week, Bowerman says, he will be traveling to Idaho Falls to meet with Bonneville County detectives to determine the next steps to take in the case.
    Ok here's the verification that the PI quit. I'm not sure what to make of the rest of the article.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I love talking to myself in this thread-fuck it I don't care!

I haven't heard this question before-so I'm going to throw it out there. The sheriff said the helicopters with heat sensing technology detected all of the wildlife in the area. He said there were both wolves and bears in the camp ground. Is it so far fetched to think a bear got to little Deorr?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

So Deorr's mother has been answering questions on a public facebook page. Here are some screen shots. Very interesting...

Looks like she isn't seeing eye to eye with the sheriff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't blame her if that's true about the eye colour on the posters etc. What page is it Angie?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Don't blame her if that's true about the eye colour on the posters etc. What page is it Angie?
    Stand Up For Deorr Kunz Jr. -is the name of the page. I agree I would be upset too. I'm glad she's speaking out now, because we've only heard one side of the story

Jk the page is closed now.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-09-2015 at 10:17 AM.

So, now I feel pretty certain the mom had nothing to do with the disappearance. Surely she wouldn't shit talk the sheriff like that if there was ANY way he could even remotely try to pin it on her.

Still no sign of little DeOrr... It really is a mystery :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Johnson View Post
    Still no sign of little DeOrr... It really is a mystery :(
    I agree. What is your theory? Mine has changed about 10 times, but I'm pretty sure he wandered away, and a mountain lion possibly got to him.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Angie, for some reason this is the first time this page has popped up on my end. But you know me, I can be special at times.

I am so behind when it comes to this case (have to read all the pages) and I seriously cannot get over what a cute little dude he is/was.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...case/76282918/

BOISE - A Texas firm announced Monday that it has joined the search for an Idaho boy who disappeared while on a family camping trip this past summer.

Klein Investigations and Consulting of Nederland, Texas, said it was retained Monday afternoon in the case of DeOrr Kunz Jr.

The 2-year-old vanished July 10 while camping in Lemhi County.
    Klein Investigations said it agreed to take on the case after a full review and visiting with two members of the family.

KTVB
    New developments in the case of missing 2-year-old boy

The firm said its team will be led by Sr. Investigator Philip R. Klein and other investigators from two states.

"This case is a very sensitive and highly volatile case which has many in the public very upset and vocal," Klein said in a news release."We want the public to know that we are coming into the case 'cold' with no preconceived ideas of notions. We will allow the evidence to take us where the evidence takes us. As with all cases we ask for the public's help if they have information that can help investigators."

Klein Investigations and Consulting said an information line has been established at*409-729-8798 ext. 3. Information also can be emailed to*helpfinddeorr@gmail.com. You don't have to leave your name, and tips will remain anonymous.

The company said it*has been involved in more than 700 cases of missing persons and child rescue in three countries and 42 states in the U.S. during the past 18 years.

Ok...so there is a company by the name of Klein that is taking over this hot mess of a case. They are saying the media is ruining the case, and requesting that the fb pages for little Deorr be shut down because they have to monitor them. People are throwing shade at this company and I don't blame them.

Update: The company that took over the case released a statement. Apparently there was a "witness" with some info too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, the parents have officially been named suspects. Even though I had a feeling this was the case, I'm still shocked.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01...disappearance/

From the link:

UPDATE: DEORR’S PARENTS NAMED AS SUSPECTS IN CHILD’S DISAPPEARANCE
    LOCAL 10 Updated at 10:42 am, January 25th, 2016 By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com
    SHARE THIS STORY
    jess_deorr

DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell give an interview with EastIdahoNews.com about their missing son on August 11.
    SALMON — The Lemhi County Sheriff says the parents of DeOrr Kunz Jr. have been “less than truthful” during polygraph tests and interviews with investigators.

DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell were officially named suspects Monday in connection with the child’s disappearance. Previously, the parents had been persons of interest in the case.

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman tells EastIdahoNews.com that Kunz and Mitchell have changed their story “numerous times” about what happened during a family camping trip on July 10.

In a July interview with EastIdahoNews.com, Kunz and Mitchell said they were camping in Leadore when they left their son with Robert Walton, Mitchell’s grandfather, and Isaac Reinwand, a friend of Walton. The couple says they went on a 20-minute walk and when they returned, DeOrr was gone.

Bowerman says the parents have told investigators conflicting stories “since the beginning.”
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-25-2016 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks for the update.

I really think it was probably an accident (caused by neglect) they tried to cover up rather than murder. But I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Thanks for the update.

I really think it was probably an accident (caused by neglect) they tried to cover up rather than murder. But I could be wrong.
    Ugh ugh ugh. Yeah, I could see that. But I could also see it being planned out. It would maybe explain why they decided to bring sick grandpa and his pal, then decide to "leave" the poor boy with him. If so, that's even more twisted.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Ugh ugh ugh. Yeah, I could see that. But I could also see it being planned out. It would maybe explain why they decided to bring sick grandpa and his pal, then decide to "leave" the poor boy with him. If so, that's even more twisted.
    So do you think little Deorr died at home and the camping trip was really a body disposal mission?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    So do you think little Deorr died at home and the camping trip was really a body disposal mission?

I'm still thinking he was never there dead or alive. I think killed elsewhere and "lost in the woods" was a perfect way to divert attention away from where they really put him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Some additional quotes from the sheriff
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sheriff-...er-deorr-kunz/

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

Bowerman says that he believes the parents know the location of DeOrr Kunz Jr. and whether he's dead or alive.

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."
    And the dad hired an attorney.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/farth...orney/37637550
    Last edited by bermstalker; 01-26-2016 at 04:06 AM.

I think the grandpa or someone else finally rolled on the parents. I heard they had split up, don't know how true that is though. I was hoping they didn't have anything to do with it, but in the back of my mind suspected them and their 950 different stories of what happened that day.

Think about it. Even if it was a negligent homicide and the parents (or parent) didn't mean to kill him, what would be the best way of getting away with it? You dispose of the body elsewhere and then go on a "camping trip". Claim he wandered off and even if they never find the body in the woods, it's plausible that they wouldn't because of wildlife or just plain too much ground to cover. Family helps you because they know you didn't intentionally kill him and they don't want to see you go to jail. Years pass and it goes down in the books as a lost child that obviously succumbed to the elements and will never be found.

They didn't bank on the police widening their theory that somebody could take him and they were too dumb to keep their stories straight.

The sheriff said from the get-go he was pretty certain Deorr had been at the campsite, and the private investigator (who has been working with the police) said a few days ago that witnesses saw him there:

Eaton: Annalee asks, ?I would like to know if Great Grandpa or Isaac actually saw DeOrr on Friday or if they just assumed he was there because they had seen him Thursday?

Klein: Again that goes into testimony and I?m not willing to answer but I will say is we have witnesses collaborating that he was on the mountain on that Friday.
    http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01...-investigator/
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

The sheriff said from the get-go he was pretty certain Deorr had been at the campsite, and the private investigator (who has been working with the police) said a few days ago that witnesses saw him there:

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01...-investigator/
    The question is, who are the witnesses and are they reliable? Pretty certain isn't certain and if the parents did kill him at the site itself, surely evidence of that would be left behind.

That's just my opinion.

Weren't there soiled diapers found at the campsite?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The question is, who are the witnesses and are they reliable? Pretty certain isn't certain and if the parents did kill him at the site itself, surely evidence of that would be left behind.

That's just my opinion.
    The sheriff said he was 99 percent certain. How much more certain could he be without seeing Deorr there with his own eyes?

So your opinion is that the private investigator was right when he found new info that caused the parents to be named as suspects, but he's wrong about the witnesses who say Deorr was there? Just trying to understand.

The PI also said new forensic evidence has been found, so couldn't that include evidence he died at the campsite?

Seems to me the most likely scenario, based on their many stories, is that they transported him somewhere after he died ... during the trip to the store or prior to the 911 call when Deorr Sr. Was driving around "trying to get a signal."

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Weren't there soiled diapers found at the campsite?

Jessica's mom (Deorr's grandma) said she found a diaper and threw it the garbage, but we don't know if authorities recovered it or not.

The PI also said new forensic evidence has been found, so couldn't that include evidence he died at the campsite?

If the forensic evidence was found at the actual campsite, then yes. But it's hard for me to believe they found new evidence at the campsite after so long and having it gone through with a fine toothed comb already. I'm inclined to believe new evidence was found elsewhere which is why they're now suspects.

Thread Information