Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Deorr Kunz Jr (2) Missing Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir Lemhi County

Deorr Kunz Jr (2) Missing Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir Lemhi County

LEADORE, Idaho -Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

Family members say Deorr Kunz Jr. was camping yesterday afternoon at the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir when he was reported missing.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

There is no official word from yet from The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office or Salmon Search & Rescue of organized searches for the weekend. We'll update search information as it's released.

Family members say they searched yesterday afternoon and evening with search crews from the county and will resume Saturday morning.

If anybody spots the boy or something unusual in the area, they are encouraged to contact the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office at 208-756-8980.

We'll update this story as more information becomes available.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/Missi...ounty/34110688

Scary to think about a toddler by himself near a creek.
    Hope it ends happily.

Quote Originally Posted by teknansen View Post
    And no explanation as to why? That can't be good

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...-find-you-son/

In an interview with EastIdahoNews.com, Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell say they are praying Deorr Kunz Jr. will be found soon.

“We’re looking for you son and we will find you,” an emotional Kunz Sr. said. “We love you more than anything in the world. You have a lot of people that love you, and buddy – we’ll find you.”

“If somebody has him please don’t hurt him,” Mitchell said. “Just bring him home safely where he belongs.”

After three days of intense searches, Deorr’s parents believe their 2-year-old was kidnapped Friday as the family was camping in Leadore.

“As his father I believe, and a lot of people agree with me, that he is no longer up the mountain anymore,” Kunz Sr. said.

No one has seen Deorr since Friday afternoon.

His parents said they thought his grandfather was watching him and the grandpa believed his parents had him.

“We decided we were gonna do a little exploring,” Kunz Sr. said “It’s such a small area – that’s what a lot of people don’t understand. They just assume, ‘How could you let your kid out of your sight.’ Well, this area is pretty well blocked in and there’s no way you couldn’t not see him.”

The family said they searched for Deorr for about 20 minutes before calling 911.

Crews immediately responded and over the weekend, searchers were in the air, on ATV’s, on horseback, and on foot.

One area of concern was a creek near the Kunz’s campsite.

“[The sheriff] assured me there is 100 percent chance he is not anywhere in or near that water,” Kunz said. “They have torn that creek upside down and inside out. Divers have gone in with wetsuits along with the helicopter.”

The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office reports the search and rescue efforts for Deorr Kunz Jr. have been suspended, but Kunz Sr. said search efforts are still going on in Lemhi County.

Even though the family suspects their son may have been abducted, they have faith Deorr is safe and they have no idea who would want to take their son.

“Who would harm us this way?” Mitchell said. “Especially knowing how much he means to us. He’s everything to us.”

Deorr’s parents said they’re overwhelmed with how many people have been praying and helping in the search for their son. They continue to believe he’s still alive and hope he’ll be found soon.

“He doesn’t go anywhere without his blanket, his cup or his monkey,” Mitchell said, as she clutched Deorr’s blanket. “All three of them were left at the campground.”

“Please keep sharing his photo and please keep him in your hearts and your prayers,” Kunz Sr. said. “We have hope. Hope is what keeps it going because the search is not over.”

“We’ll continue to look until he’s found,” Mitchell said. “We don’t care how long it takes.”

Another link: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...just-vanished/

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...d-fraggles&t=3
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 07-13-2015 at 02:23 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This seems fucky. Yeah, definitely fucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This seems fucky. Yeah, definitely fucky.
    Yep I was thinking the same thing.

This article said the grandpa was watching him:

"
    My dad was standing their watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone," Clegg said. "It appears like he just vanished."
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35482116&nid=157

Another article I read said the parents thought the grandpa was watching him, and the grandpa said he thought the parents were watching him.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 07-13-2015 at 07:29 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yep I was thinking the same thing.

This article said the grandpa was watching him:

"

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35482116&nid=157

Another article I read said the parents thought the grandpa was watching him, and the grandpa said he thought the parents were watching him.
    If it was such a small area like they claim it was, I don't understand how this miscommunication could happen. It's a confusing article. The family claims that it was a closed in area:
    “We decided we were gonna do a little exploring,” Kunz Sr. said “It’s such a small area – that’s what a lot of people don’t understand. They just assume, ‘How could you let your kid out of your sight.’ Well, this area is pretty well blocked in and there’s no way you couldn’t not see him.”

Since when are there "closed in areas" at camping sites? Just weird. Doesn't sit well with me.

Yeah if you couldn't not see him then how did he disappear?

I don't get how the family thinks he was abducted. If it was a "closed off" area who would have taken him? A family member?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yeah if you couldn't not see him then how did he disappear?

I don't get how the family thinks he was abducted. If it was a "closed off" area who would have taken him? A family member?
    Would they not have noticed a stranger in their "closed in area"?

Doesn't make sense.

Of course they can't find him he's camouflaged

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about this one, but I'm still willing to give the parents the benefit of the doubt at this point.

The dad bothers me a lil bit with all his blabbering on and talking over his wife, but maybe he's just stressed and scared, and it's possible he's just a blowhard.

I'm anxious to see what the statement analysis dude says about this one. He posted an article on his blog this morning but hasn't analyzed the interview yet.

One thing he frequently points out when parents are guilty of doing something to their child is that they rarely look into the camera and address their child or the person(s) responsible for abducting them. These people do both, so there's that.

However, he also says it's a red flag when someone acts real ass-kissy toward law enforcement and talks about LE like they're close buddies ... and this dad certainly does that. (But that does not necessarily indicate guilt.)

Anyway ... I am by no means an expert, and I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I am not liking this dad. Too calm. Much too calm. He talks about the process, the searchers, the equipment, but not about his child.

Such a sweet looking little boy .... can't imagine the heartache of not knowing what happened to your child ... I'm with Tupelo on reserving judgment on the dad.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

I don't like how he steps all over what the Mother wants to say. She shifts her eyes a lot too, but it seems like she's looking at people off camera talking. There's some concerns with the interview I have, but we'll see.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...unty/30162615/

After four days of searching near Timber Creek campground and still no trace of DeOrr, the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office has decided to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...unty/30162615/

After four days of searching near Timber Creek campground and still no trace of DeOrr, the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office has decided to start from scratch.
    I kind of wish they did this in the first place. It would have been definitive. If the dogs picked up no scent at all, it would point to him never being there. If they did and it led to the wilderness, it would point to him wandering off. If it led them out of the campsite to either a road or other campsites, abduction. Now, though, they have a trillion people with their scents around the joint and his 4 days old (if it was there at all).

Dad seems way too upbeat and seemed to focus a little too heavily on driving half-mile down the road and explaining in depth why he did that. Mom seems nervous. I call shenanigans.

The mom's 911 call was released. It's not particularly earth-shattering. You can listen to it here: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...cant-find-him/. (I hope they release the dad's call as well.)

Some of the folks in the article comments are critical because she doesn't sound upset or panicked enough. I tend to disagree ... I think she sounds like she's barely holding it together and just a bit distracted by what's going on around her.

So ... Cousin Pottymouth has jumped in to defend the mom and dad:

Probably not the best way to go about it. There's someone else named Cortney who is also defending the parents and repeatedly calling someone a cunt.

The statement analysis dude made a post about the 911 call: http://statement-analysis.blogspot.c...f-missing.html. His conclusion: "There is nothing in the 911 call to suggest guilty knowledge on the part of the mother."

Still waiting for him to do a blow-by-blow of the unedited interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

It is day five in the search for an Idaho Falls toddler. And now divers are back in the water of a nearby reservoir.

Two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. went missing Friday afternoon when his mother, father and grandfather and his grandfather's friend were all camping on Timber Creek Road near Leadore, Idaho.

We have new information just released today from the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office.

They say scent-tracking dogs led searchers to the banks of Stone Reservoir.

This is the second time divers have searched the reservoir, which is shallow, small and clear.
    They have searched all over this vast area, but still no sign of the missing boy.

Meanwhile, DeOrr's parents are also here. His father told us that he is not leaving this area until his boy is found.

The mother, father and the toddler's aunt are all camped out about a mile away from their former campsite to be here in case he is found.

Tanisha Kunz, DeOrr's aunt, spoke on behalf of the parents.

She says at this time they don't want anyone up there because the divers need to be focused on their search efforts.
    "We are granting their wishes and staying down here so that those divers can be completely focused on finding that little boy if he is in there, and that is why we are down here and we are doing our part by searching farther down," said Tanisha Kunz.

DeOrr Kunz went missing last Friday. His parents say they thought he was with his grandpa, while the grandpa thought he was with them. They say he was missing for about 10 to 20 minutes.
    Their campsite is about four-tenths of a mile from the reservoir.

In addition to the divers, other search efforts are also underway.

About 150 searchers have combed the area holding hands. And there people out looking on horseback and all-terrain vehicles.

There was an infrared helicopter up in the air today, but the crew did not find any signs of the missing boy
    http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...dogs/30209081/

Snipped

Police divers have been methodically searching every square inch of the reservoir for the little boy after cadaver dogs indicated there may be something there. However, Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman tells HLN they just learned that someone had been dumping human cremains in the reservoir, and that very well could be the smell the dogs picked up on.

“It’s pretty disappointing. Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we’re searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area,” says Bowerman.

“Nevertheless, we have sonar there today and divers still at the reservoir. We are going to side scan and sonar the whole lake. We have people up there on horseback too searching as we speak.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/07...-fear-abducted

Quote Originally Posted by luvit View Post
    Snipped

Police divers have been methodically searching every square inch of the reservoir for the little boy after cadaver dogs indicated there may be something there. However, Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman tells HLN they just learned that someone had been dumping human cremains in the reservoir, and that very well could be the smell the dogs picked up on.

“It’s pretty disappointing. Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we’re searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area,” says Bowerman.

“Nevertheless, we have sonar there today and divers still at the reservoir. We are going to side scan and sonar the whole lake. We have people up there on horseback too searching as we speak.”

I'm banking that he was never there. I hate to jump to that conclusion but IF the family was somehow responsible, heading right off for a camping trip and claiming him missing would be a perfect ruse.

This is kind of freaky. Family visiting away from home, grandparent watching, theories the kid was never there to begin with - it's a lot like William Tyrrell's case during the first few months he was missing.

(Crap it's a Nancy Grace link. Sorry)

<<snipped>>
    The boy?s parents,*DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told police they left the toddler with his great-grandfather and a friend of the great-grandfather's*to go exploring, but when they returned less than 15 minutes later, the child was nowhere to be found.* The great-grandfather, in turn, thought DeOrr was with his parents.* It was then that Mitchell called 911 to report her son missing.

While the couple remain up on the mountain waiting for any word of their son, his paternal grandfather, also named DeOrr Kunz, told HLN the family believes little DeOrr may have been kidnapped.

?He had little toy hot wheel trucks in his pocket and nothing fell. They found nothing.* It?s like he vanished without a trace.* He had to have been abducted.* The only good thing about being abducted is it means he?s is still alive,? says Kunz.

Authorities say while nothing has been ruled out, they don?t believe foul play is in involved.

?We are still treating it as a missing person,? says Sheriff Bowerman.

Bowerman says the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children have requested they collect DNA samples from the parents.*

?They want that on file so if the child turns up somewhere else they can easily check if there?s a match. It?s standard procedure with all missing children,?*Bowman*said.

According to police, the parents have agreed and are ?cooperating 100%.?* Authorities say they are concerned parents who just want to find their son and have even offered to take lie detector tests.

Bowerman says they will complete their search of the reservoir and re-assess at the end of the weekend where to focus on next. In the meantime, they are following up on all the leads and tips that keep coming in.

DeOrr?s grandfather says he?s heartbroken over his missing grandson.*

?They've lived with me in my house for the past year and a half and he's my buddy. When he wants to take a nap he'll come up to me and say 'nap papa, nap papa,' so we'd lay down and take a nap. I?m so attached to him. I don't know what I'd do if we lost him.*I just can't imagine going day to day without that little boy running around. I?m so sad. I?m just at a loss here.?

DeOrr was last seen wearing cowboy boots, blue pajama pants, and a camouflage jacket. *

Police are asking anyone with information to call 208-846-7676

I'm trying to understand what they mean by closed in & blocked off in regard to the campsite. Unless media have the wrong area, I don't get it?

Last edited by blighted star; 07-18-2015 at 12:27 AM.

That's not what I'd call an enclosed area. It's a large wide open clearing surrounded by forest and a steep drop down to the creek. It's only accessible by 4 wheel drive. So, yeah, someone coming in and snatching the child should have been noticed, if that's what the parents are trying to say.

The father said they left Deorr with the great-grandfather and his friend. The boy was getting ready for his nap. It's been my experience that non-parents don't really know what to expect when watching a small child, or they forget they've been left with the responsibility. That could have been the case here, but then the child should have been found long before now.

Idaho, isn't that where that Hannah girl was found? She was spotted by horseback riders. Is that a possibility here, I wonder.

Thread Information