Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jessica Nelson (28) was murdered and an investigation is ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by nerdmiga View Post
    http://m.ketv.com/news/prosecutors-d...spect/34273678

OMAHA, Neb. -
    A Douglas County judge denied bond for murder suspect Matthew Kidder saying it was, "in the best interest of society."

Prosecutors charged Kidder with first degree murder in the death of Jessyka Nelson.

At Kidder's arraignment, they gave a violent account of her death.

The night of June 25, Kidder went to Nelson's house near 83rd and Miami Streets, sexually assaulted her, strangled her, and left her for dead in a bathtub full of water, prosecutors say.

Douglas County Judge Darryl Lowe appointed public defender Tom Riley's office for Kidder.

"You cannot retain better counsel for a first degree murder offense," Lowe said.

Kidder will have a preliminary hearing on August 17.
    I understand that everyone has the right to an attorney and a fair trial, but why would the judge care if he had a good lawyer? Aren't judges supposed to be impartial?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Probably said that to establish that he has competent council. Maybe a death penalty case? Nebraska doesn't have the death penalty for the moment. There is a petition to have the death penalty issue put to a vote instead of allowing our legislature to decide it. I think most people are pro death here and we will probably reinstate it after a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Fucking raped her. I read a comment on the story from a friend of hers. They said he was a pallbearer at her funeral. Just a disgusting piece of shit. I really want to be anti-death penalty, but wastes of air like him makes me want to wave my frying pan. The interview with her mother, the mom said they supported him when he was accused of his previous sex offense. That they really thought he couldn't do something like that. The details of his first victim's restraining order say they he choked her after raping her.

nerdmiga, do you remember the the guy running around exposing himself in midtown this last spring? They never arrested anyone in that. It makes me wonder if it was him. A man was naked on the running trails by Leavenworth Park and chased a woman while fondling himself with his last incident back in April. Described as white guy in his early twenties and drove a silver car. People like that tend to escalate their behaviors and I've sort of feared we had a budding rapist in midtown.
    I vaguely recall that, but I don't know. Small world, though... turns out I grew up with his sister in elementary school. I think we all lived in the same neighborhood(? My memory is foggy. My sister remembers better than I do). His family is very supportive of him right now and they're on complete lockdown in terms of communicating with anyone (not that I'm attempting, just seeing this through FB posts since I'm friends with his sister on FB). When I talked to my sister about it today she said she didn't even know his sister had a brother, so I guess I never met him.

It just amazes me when murderers try to blend in like nothing happened.

Are you in her age group and where did you go to highschool? I'm 57 and in the Westside District in a neighborhood behind crossroads. I'm originally from Gretna. None of my kids have commented on this case, except that it's scary, so I doubt they know any of the people involved. We've been sort of wrapped up in the Cole death...the accident on 90th and Spaulding. We know many of the family members and my daughters room mate knows the girl that had the rental car stolen.

I'm glad he's locked up. He's one scary dude, although not so smart to leave his DNA on her. I feel sorry for his family. They seem like decent people. I found his mom's facebook and they are heartbroken.

My husband's cousin committed a pretty bad, sexual crime so I had sort of a front row seat to observe family as they went from denial to acceptance. His parents are really nice people and his crime took years off their lives. The awful things they learned about their son, was heartbreaking. The journey to acceptance was a tough one, and it seemed like it had stages like one goes through when a loved one dies. Sadly, both of his parents are in bad health and I doubt either will live to see the New Year. He is in the prison that rioted a few weeks ago and a child molester was murdered in the riot. I bet hubby's cousin was shaking in his shoes. It's an odd feeling to know someone well that turned out to be a monster. I don't think family has much contact with him, although my husbands brother was frequently visiting him while he was in county lockup. My bro in law is pretty religious and met with his cousin to try to meet his spiritual needs, but I don't know if that continues anymore. I do know that if people are into prayer, that both families need them. When his crime made the news, my heart hurt for his parents and his siblings. I sent a card to his parents. I found Hallmark truly has a card for every occasion...lol, even cards for heartbroken parents of criminals.

I'm sort of sorry I didn't start a thread when Nikko was doing his killing spree and when Garcia killed all those people. Both cases are very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Are you in her age group and where did you go to highschool? I'm 57 and in the Westside District in a neighborhood behind crossroads. I'm originally from Gretna. None of my kids have commented on this case, except that it's scary, so I doubt they know any of the people involved. We've been sort of wrapped up in the Cole death...the accident on 90th and Spaulding. We know many of the family members and my daughters room mate knows the girl that had the rental car stolen.
    I am the same age as the victim. She was a year younger than me in high school and we have mutual friends. The suspect's sister is the same age as my sister and they hung out as kids. We grew up in OPS. It's a smaller world than ya think.

His family is getting a lot of flack for supporting him right now, but I agree... I don't know how you separate that. I think it's also very difficult to grieve for the victim and the suspect. Several people (as his sister put in on her FB today) are entangled in grief for both sides because everybody knew everybody. Plus random people are attacking his family on FB, which isn't right either. They didn't commit a crime. Ohhh internet.

His family is getting a lot of flack for supporting him right now, but I agree... I don't know how you separate that. I think it's also very difficult to grieve for the victim and the suspect. Several people (as his sister put in on her FB today) are entangled in grief for both sides because everybody knew everybody. Plus random people are attacking his family on FB, which isn't right either. They didn't commit a crime. Ohhh internet.
    There was a guy at my church who was active in a bunch of different areas and had been his whole life. He had about 934720347203948 brothers and sisters and the family is well known and well loved in the church community and volunteered in a bunch of different areas. At the end of last year, he was accused of molesting kids at church during Sunday School (he was subsequently arrested and plead guilty). While I was horrified and outraged, my heart really went out to his family. Their address was readily available online through a simple Google search of their names and their house and cars were vandalized multiple times. The younger siblings had to be homeschooled because they were being terrorized by their peers and the parents of their friends didn't want them around anymore. While I do wonder if there were warning signs they ignored, they certainly can't be blamed for what their adult son/brother did.

http://www.ketv.com/news/woman-speak...3A+New+Content

7 years ago he assaulted and attempted to rape his girlfriend's mother. A bit of a red flag. I haven't read anything about his behavior as a youth.

The link above is an interview with the woman he attacked

I knew one of the victims family members and kidder as well. I have since I was a pre-teen. This is all surreal to the family and friends of both. Yes, he was convicted of a sexual crime in 2008. There was also a rumor that he was a main suspect in a case where a girl was raped, strangled, and thrown in the woods by the trailer park he and the girl lived in. He would have been 14 at the time. That is now a cold case. So as heartbreaking as this all is. His true self and story is now unfolding. People who were close to him are finding out that he wasn't the person they thought he was. This has been a shock to me and friends of mine. Especially because he has been spending time close to friends and their kids. I've been sick to my stomach since all of this has come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb89 View Post
    I knew one of the victims family members and kidder as well. I have since I was a pre-teen. This is all surreal to the family and friends of both. Yes, he was convicted of a sexual crime in 2008. There was also a rumor that he was a main suspect in a case where a girl was raped, strangled, and thrown in the woods by the trailer park he and the girl lived in. He would have been 14 at the time. That is now a cold case. So as heartbreaking as this all is. His true self and story is now unfolding. People who were close to him are finding out that he wasn't the person they thought he was. This has been a shock to me and friends of mine. Especially because he has been spending time close to friends and their kids. I've been sick to my stomach since all of this has come out.
    That really sucks... I am sorry you have to go through this. I am further removed from everyone, but I can't even imagine what you are thinking/feeling.

Sometimes, people can be very good at hiding their dirty little secrets. I can only imagine how all of these people feel.

That really sucks... I am sorry you have to go through this. I am further removed from everyone, but I can't even imagine what you are thinking/feeling.
    It has not been easy for

It has not been easy for
    Sorry it posted before I finished. It has not been easy for any of us. We are in shock and disbelief that someone we trusted for so many years could do this to anyone. We are going to his hearing on the 17th. I want him to look in everyone's eyes and explain why he did what he did. I doubt we will ever get the truth, but I hope it does come out.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Sorry it posted before I finished. It has not been easy for any of us. We are in shock and disbelief that someone we trusted for so many years could do this to anyone. We are going to his hearing on the 17th. I want him to look in everyone's eyes and explain why he did what he did. I doubt we will ever get the truth, but I hope it does come out.
    Sadly, I doubt you will get the closure you seek. One can hope, but this assface clearly has no remorse and isn't going to man up and spill the beans on himself. I guarantee you he's too far gone for that. All he will probably do is sit, expressionless, in court..or deliver some dry, heavily prepared speech that will contain no feeling, no emotions whatsoever. This guy is a little bitch. It takes a special kind of twisted asshole to do the shit he has done and attempted. Time for him to be locked up.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

According to Melissa Nelson (Jessyka?s Mom), Kidder had an appeal date December 5th.

I couldn?t find any news articles with details on what grounds they cited. (Or that it was happening)

Thread Information