Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: West Virginia man faces charges after deer found living in home

West Virginia man faces charges after deer found living in home

CABELL COUNTY, West Virginia (WCMH)- A man in West Virginia has been charged after wildlife officials found two deer living with him inside his home.

According to the West Virginia Natural Resources Police, a complaint was received July 4, of deer being kept inside a Cabell County home.

When officers arrived on scene they found two bucks inside the residence and according to police, they deer had been living inside for about a year.

The man at the residence was charged and charges are pending.

In West Virginia it is illegal to confine wildlife or secure them in an area where they are not able to roam free or come and go as they please.

Not sure why this is illegal, but now I want a pet deer, damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post

Not sure why this is illegal, but now I want a pet deer, damnit.
    Cos they are supposed to roam free.

Easy tip to get pet deer: put sliced apples out in your garden & the deer will come visit! Well at least they do where I live, I live on a secluded lane in a small town.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Cos they are supposed to roam free.

Easy tip to get pet deer: put sliced apples out in your garden & the deer will come visit! Well at least they do where I live, I live on a secluded lane in a small town.
    lol I know, I was being mostly sarcastic.

I live in a small town, but I live right in the middle of downtown, so the only wildlife around my house, other than birds, are black squirrels, grey squirrels, raccoons, skunks, and possums. And, just recently, a decent sized population of coyotes have come back to the area. Oh, and the VERY occasional bear.

And, just recently, a decent sized population of coyotes have come back to the area. Oh, and the VERY occasional bear.
    Fuck that. The only animals I get near my house are deer, kangaroo, possums, mice and in summer, snakes. Also, american possums look way scarier than ours.

I was surprised at the coyotes coming back around here. They've been gone for years. Not sure what brought them back. And I'd totally trade all of the animals around here just to have kangaroos near my house! lol We also have snakes (which are the bain of my existance), and mice and toads and such, but possums are like the offspring of a time when Lucifer and Ted Nugent fucked in the fever dream of a mullet-ed meth-head

We also have snakes (which are the bain of my existance)
    We get eastern brown snakes where I live which are a big fuckin nope.

Kangaroos are just like really big, angry jumping deer. I'd much rather let a deer in to my house than a kangaroo. Just leave the door open so he can come and go as he pleases, BOOM legal.

Possums are such misunderstood little critters. Poor things cant see shit and everyone hates them. I freaking love them. I found one in the bottom of my garbage can one day when it hissed at me. I was so excited, I just tipped it over and sat there till it figured its life out. Supes cutes.

Those deer looked pretty happy and healthy. Though I question why he wanted them in his house. I wonder what they did with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

lol I know, I was being mostly sarcastic.

I live in a small town, but I live right in the middle of downtown, so the only wildlife around my house, other than birds, are black squirrels, grey squirrels, raccoons, skunks, and possums. And, just recently, a decent sized population of coyotes have come back to the area. Oh, and the VERY occasional bear.
    Black squirrels? How cute!
    Only get the grey ones here, but I feed them & they get really tame.
    Other than the occasional deer, pheasants & rabbits & maybe the odd fox, there isn't that much unusual wildlife to be found in my part of the English countryside.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Possums are such misunderstood little critters. Poor things cant see shit and everyone hates them. I freaking love them. I found one in the bottom of my garbage can one day when it hissed at me. I was so excited, I just tipped it over and sat there till it figured its life out. Supes cutes.
    One of my friends is a regular baby possum rescuer. I believe right now she has like 5 in her house. Whenever she finds roadkill like 7 outta 10 times there are helpless babies on the side of the road and she brings them home.

ETA, just checked: not 5, just 4 at this time

Last edited by debk589; 07-08-2015 at 10:10 AM.

GGGAAAAHHHHHHHH I just love their little blind faces!!!!!!
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    One of my friends is a regular baby possum rescuer. I believe right now she has like 5 in her house. Whenever she finds roadkill like 7 outta 10 times there are helpless babies on the side of the road and she brings them home.

This just made me not dislike possums anymore. Thanks alot!

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - Officials say a Cabell County man had been keeping two deer in captivity at his home for at least a year.

Multiple media outlets report that Officer Joshua Addesa with the state Division of Natural Resources says authorities discovered the two white-tailed bucks when they visited the man's home on July 4 after receiving a tip from a concerned citizen.

Addesa declined to identify the man because of an ongoing investigation.

Addesa says the two deer had a healthy supply of hay available to them inside the home. Addesa says officers set the deer free but because the animals were domesticated, they may be considered for relocation.

In West Virginia, illegal possession of wildlife is a misdemeanor offense.

Comments on the News FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/wboy12news/...53294735730660

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - Officials say a Cabell County man had been keeping two deer in captivity at his home for at least a year.

Multiple media outlets report that Officer Joshua Addesa with the state Division of Natural Resources says authorities discovered the two white-tailed bucks when they visited the man's home on July 4 after receiving a tip from a concerned citizen.

Addesa declined to identify the man because of an ongoing investigation.

Addesa says the two deer had a healthy supply of hay available to them inside the home. Addesa says officers set the deer free but because the animals were domesticated, they may be considered for relocation.

In West Virginia, illegal possession of wildlife is a misdemeanor offense.

Comments on the News FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/wboy12news/...53294735730660
    So they took away the dudes well taken care of, healthy, domesticated dear, and because of their domestication, they now can't be set free. Logic!

I think they're going to set the pet deer free in another part of the county because the deer don't seem to want to leave their home/house.

i saw something recently about a hunter who took over the care of two fawns after their mother was killed. i wonder if this is him and these are those fawns. the video i saw showed him nursing these tiny babies with a bottle. i also wonder if it was him that killed their mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yeah, what part of taking domesticated animals and setting them free in the wild sounded like a good idea?

Exactly. Don't think it's going to work out too well for the deer.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    When cops find 2 bucks, you can bet only one buck will make it to the evidence locker. Fucking crooks.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    I think they're going to set the pet deer free in another part of the county because the deer don't seem to want to leave their home/house.
    well that just makes absolutely no sense

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post

They are the cuteness!

As for the deer? Leave the poor things be if they are happy & healthy?

I once knew of someone who hayed up their kitchen when their horse got sick & had it indoors for awhile.
    Personally, I think a call to the vet would have been better, but we are talking about odd people here, who were depriving several villages of idiots.

Some of my family come from the Ukraine. When I went over there I discovered that in the rural villages they keep their chickens in their kitchens at night. At first I thought it was some vodka induced hallucination I was witnessing, but no...the chickens roosted in the kitchen at night.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Those deer don't stand a chance. They need to go to a wildlife sanctuary if they insist on not letting him have them. I don't see the problem with them staying with him. Seriously. I just rescued a dog running in the middle of a road and had the asshole owner spew insults at me. That's who should lose their pets, yet they won't do it. Not this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

that's like, the WORST place to keep chickens. live ones, i mean. live chickens are gross and filthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    that's like, the WORST place to keep chickens. live ones, i mean. live chickens are gross and filthy.
    Yep. Funnily enough I didn't eat another thing prepared in that kitchen. But in fairness, I wasn't eating much any way....the toilets were outside, so no plumbing. I dislike public toilets at the best of times, so no plumbing ones were a no go area.

And when I say kitchen Ani, think dilapidated stable with an old gas cooker in it. Poor sods.

I really don't believe people should keep wild animals as pets. Wildlife rescuers are a different story.

Wild animals are unpredictable.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Wait, how can a person not like possums...what are they doing to do to you?

Did this guy let the deer out of the house to potty like you would a dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Thread Information