Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Rogers (35) missing from Bardstown, KY since 7/3/15

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I need to find the link to share, but earlier today I was reading a Topix discussion where people were openly sharing their disdain for her based on the fact that she has children from other fathers. Let me see if I can locate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I need to find the link to share, but earlier today I was reading a Topix discussion where people were openly sharing their disdain for her based on the fact that she has children from other fathers. Let me see if I can locate it.
    The Bardstown Topix is pretty harsh on Crystal and her family. The topix always runs for awhile, then it gets deleted. They call Crystal "white Trash" and they have tons of questions about her family and their "gofund" they try to collect.
    Most really seem to bash on Crystal because she has 4 baby daddies and her parents have custody of 4 of her kids. They had custody even when Crystal was alive.

I would say about 85% of the posters on there agree with the sign lady stealing the signs. They say the signs are everywhere and they're an eyesore. I think their position is that one pole will have about 20 signs attached to it.

Personally, I think some of those people making comments could be Brooks and his family members.

I think it's disgusting they haven't arrested Brooks yet.

I was thinking that as well, Berm, and believe some of those who are posting could be Brooks or his family members.

Wtf does Brooks whole family know details about the murder? This is so frustrating! I can't imagine how her family and children feel.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wtf does Brooks whole family know details about the murder? This is so frustrating! I can't imagine how her family and children feel.
    They all need to be charged.

They do!!

From 7/20:

Grandmother of Brooks Houck to answer questions from commonwealth

http://m.wlky.com/news/court-hearing...woman/40800392

"We did get the questions today and we've got a date where we're going to try and move this forward. So that's all I can tell you at this time,” Judge Charles Simms said.

Rogers' parents met with the Commonwealth's Attorney Terry Geohegan following the proceedings, but left court visibly upset.

"I don't feel like I got anywhere today, honestly. I want more. I just want more. I want her to answer those questions today. Not a month from now, two months from now. I want it today," Sherry Ballard said.

Because the investigation is ongoing, the judge made the decision that from here on out, all proceedings involving Whitesides will be kept confidential and all documents will be sealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

I don't know why they don't arrest the prissy ass grandma and throw her in jail for a few days. She'll start singing then.

A man confesses to lying about the disappearance of missing Bardstown mother, Crystal Rogers.

The Commonwealth's Attorneys Office confirms Danny Singleton pleaded guilty Friday to 38 counts of false swearing.

Singleton worked for Brooks Houck, Rogers' boyfriend, who is the only suspect named in her disappearance.

Singleton was sentenced to 360 days, but won't spend any more time in jail.

He's already served seven months and was released for the remainder of his sentence for good behavior.
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/32458568/m...ased-from-jail

The Nelson County Sheriff's Office served a warrant Thursday afternoon on former Bardstown police Officer Nick Houck.

The Sheriff's Office said Deputy Jonathan Snow served the warrant, which is related to the investigation into the disappearance of Crystal Rogers.

Rogers, a mother of five, was 35 years old when she was last seen on July 3, 2015. Rogers' maroon Chevy Impala was found abandoned near mile marker 14 on the Bluegrass Parkway.

We do not know what was on the search warrant, but the family of Rogers is hoping it's enough to move this case forward.

"I feel better than I did.

I'm just praying this is a step closer to answers for us," Rogers' mother, Sherry Ballard, said.

The sheriff has named Rogers' boyfriend, Brooks Houck, as a suspect in the case, but Brooks Houck has not been charged.

Detective Snow, who has been the lead investigator on the case since day one, went to a house at the corner of Pulliam and East Forrest Avenue and personally served a search warrant to Nick Houck.

Houck is Brooks Houck's brother.

Nick Houck was fired from his job as a Bardstown police officer late last year after an administrative hearing determined Nick Houck violated procedures and policies of law enforcement when he interfered with the Rogers' case.

Nick Houck called his brother while the brother was being interviewed by the Nelson County Sheriff's Department as part of the investigation of Rogers' disappearance, according to a release from the mayor. The mayor said Nick Houck knew his brother was being interviewed, and the call was enough to be considered interference and put his brother's interests ahead of the public's interest.

"I would bet my life he's guilty.

That's how sure I am he's guilty," Sherry Ballard said.

And whatever crime was committed, both Sherry and Tommy Ballard have always thought Houck was involved.

Just before 2 p.m. Thursday afternoon, neighbors said Houck talked briefly with investigators for about five minutes, signed off on that warrant and then went back inside. It happened at his grandmother, Anna Whitesides', home.

In recent months she's been called to court to testify about a car she sold, a car investigators believe was used in the crime. That car is still at the Kentucky State Police lab, and what was on that search warrant hasn't been made public.

Still, Rogers' parents hold out hope that they can finally get the break they've prayed so many months for.

"I'm ready, but I'm not ready.

You know, I'm ready to get closure so maybe we can just deal with everything," Sherry Ballard said.

"I'm like her. I hate when that day comes, but I want to find out what they did to my daughter," Tommy Ballard said.

Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly said he would not be going into the specifics of that search warrant.

But Tommy Ballard has been told it's DNA found in the car his grandmother sold several months ago -- the very car investigators believe was used in the crime.
    http://www.wlky.com/news/former-bard...-case/41156084

I'm really glad they served this warrant in such a quick manner since evidence can be destroyed or degraded with time. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm really glad they served this warrant in such a quick manner since evidence can be destroyed or degraded with time. Oh wait.
    IKR? It's only been over a year since she went missing.

They also served more search warrants on other Houck family members. Grandma had to give DNA samples and a cheek swab.
    http://www.whas11.com/news/investiga...tion/296541477

The police have searched Houck's farm. They are very confident this case will go to trial.
    uh..I doubt it will tho. Doesn't sound like they found anything on the farm except a couple of places where the dog's detected something. Not sure that would hold up in court.
    http://www.wlky.com/news/authorities...-case/41449588

This article mentions that they've searched the farm 3 times and removed some farm equipment.
    http://www.wave3.com/story/32884962/...ters-discovery

I do hotel audits in that area from time to time. Crystal's face is all over that town. I'm talking like flyers on every other light post. I'm glad that people have not given up on finding out what happened to her.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    The police have searched Houck's farm. They are very confident this case will go to trial.
    uh..I doubt it will tho. Doesn't sound like they found anything on the farm except a couple of places where the dog's detected something. Not sure that would hold up in court.
    http://www.wlky.com/news/authorities...-case/41449588

This article mentions that they've searched the farm 3 times and removed some farm equipment.
    http://www.wave3.com/story/32884962/...ters-discovery
    I think they probably buried her on the farm initially, but moved her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This poor family.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/33750870/f...-while-hunting

Family member confirms father of missing Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers shot and killed while hunting
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This poor family.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/33750870/f...-while-hunting

Family member confirms father of missing Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers shot and killed while hunting
    Werent Crystal's parents taking care of her kids? This is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Werent Crystal's parents taking care of her kids? This is terrible.
    All of her kids except the one she had with ex.

Crystal's dad was shot in the back? Hmmm,. Wonder where the ex or ex's brother were at when this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    All of her kids except the one she had with ex.

Crystal's dad was shot in the back? Hmmm,. Wonder where the ex or ex's brother were at when this happened?
    I thought the same thing

I could see this happening in the spring/summer, but most of the leaves are off the trees now.

The area he was in has some pretty flat areas (flat for KY at least) surrounded by some pretty dense tree lines. The state police are being very careful with their terms and not using the word accident to describe the situation right now. Of course Bardstown is a small community and rumors are flying like mad. The state police officer who gave a briefing earlier said that they are not linking her disappearance and his death as of now.

Here's the latest article:

A Nelson County man is dead after he was shot and killed during a hunting trip Saturday morning. The victim has been identified as Tommy Ballard, the father of Crystal Rogers, who has been missing since July of 2015.

Since Crystal's disappearance, Tommy along with his wife, Sherry Ballard, have spent countless hours looking for their daughter. Now, a new investigation is being led by state police on how Crystal's father was killed.

"I wont quit until I find her," Tommy Ballard told LEX 18 News in a previous interview.

54-year-old Tommy Ballard never gave up hope that his daughter, a mother of five from Nelson County, would be found.

"I've said from day one, so who ever done it, I'm not stopping until I find her," he said.

Now, more than a year and four months after Crystal's disappearance, the family is dealing with another investigation. Tommy was shot and killed early Saturday morning while hunting on land off Ed Brent Lane in Bardstown, a wooded area near the Bluegrass Parkway.

"Lots of times during hunting season you can look over and see cars parked off the parkway and different things, so a lot of people do hunt in there and hunt a lot," said Trooper Billy Gregory.

That's not far from where Crystal's car was found abandoned, unlocked and with a flat tire in July of 2015.

Investigators say it's too early to tell if the two are in any way connected.

"I am sure that's what people have on their mind, but we have no way right now to link that together," said Trooper Gregory.

Instead, state police are asking the community to keep the faith and to trust investigators on this case.

"It's tragic. We've had a couple other open homicide cases in Nelson County that we have absolutely worked our tails off on and we feel for that community - definitely for the Ballard family," said Trooper Gregory.

Tommy reportedly had a young boy with him. The Ballard family tells LEX18 they believe the shooting was not accidental.

The Nelson County Sheriff's Office is handling Crystal's disappearance, while state police are taking the lead in her father's shooting.

If you have any information, call each of the agencies respectively.

http://www.lex18.com/story/33750966/...acebook_LEX_18
    Last edited by Amy1217; 11-19-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Sorry for the double post. There was another update.

UPDATE:Nov. 19, 5:50 pm -- Two separate sources close to the investigation are confirming the shooting of Tommy Ballard early Saturday morning is being considered a possible homicide.

Kentucky State Police have not released any details since a press conference at around 3 p.m. KSP public information officer Jeff Gregory said the agency is "still calling it a death investigation" as of 5:06 p.m.

According to the sources, who were not authorized to speak publicly about the investigaton, Ballard's weapon was not fired. A source close to the family said Ballard was shot in the back, possibly through the heart.

Ballard was with his grandson, who two sources said was unarmed. Reportedly, the two were preparing to go out hunting when the grandson returned to the vehicle they had arrived in and heard the gunshot. Ballard was waiting in the field for him to return when he was shot.

Sources also told the Standard no suspects had been identified.

http://m.kystandard.com/kystandard/d...eXjXY.facebook

I totally forgot Krystal's sister was murdered too.

I am so sad to hear the grandson was there when it happened. He already lost his mother, now he lost his grandpa too. And Krystal's mother lost 2 daugthers and a husband

I don't have a lot of faith in the police force in that area

Sounds like he was killed in an open field. It said he was waiting in the field until the grandson returned. He was also on his brother's property.
    This doesn't sound like a hunter's accident....especially if it was in an open field.
    "We ask them not to lose faith in us and let us do our job and let things play out and not get the rumor mill started; and have faith in what we're doing, and know that we're out there doing everything we can to get the job done."
    Right. Because the police have done such an outstanding job on Crystal's case.

Gill Ballard, Tommy Ballard's father confirmed to WAVE 3 News that Tommy Ballard was on Casey Ballard's property when the incident happened. Casey Ballard is Rogers' brother.
    http://www.wave3.com/story/33750842/...nting-incident

Dang!!

Life has not been kind to this family at all.

Thread Information