Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Rogers (35) missing from Bardstown, KY since 7/3/15

I feel so sorry for the grandparents.

I'm a grandparent, so I know how I would feel if my grandson was ripped away from my life. I know if something happened to my daughter, her ex would do the same thing to us.

I don't know the dirty, in the closet secrets of the family, but I think it's shitty that the ex is doing this to them.
    Well, considering he *might* have something to do with mom being gone....

So are both brothers suspended? I'm confused?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So are both brothers suspended? I'm confused?
    Isn't just the one a LE officer?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Isn't just the one a LE officer?
    Oh ok. I thought they were both police officers and got confused. He wouldn't be suspended if they didn't have proof of anything right? He would just be put on administrative leave?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Bardstown Police still refuse to disclose why Officer Nick Houck was suspended, but his personnel file indicates previous problems on the job.

We obtained more than 150 pages of records in Houck's personnel. They show Houck joined the department in 2006 and was reprimanded in 2012 for insubordination. He also got two warning reports in 2008, one for failing to call EMS to the scene of an accident and another saying he failed to alert dispatch to a traffic stop.

Houck's superiors also had concerns that he failed to take a missing persons report, drove his patrol cruiser while off duty, and came to work late and left early.

Nick Houck's brother Brooks Houck, is the boyfriend of Crystal Rogers. The mother of five has been missing for two months.http://www.wdrb.com/story/30029640/p...ems-on-the-job

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Houck's superiors also had concerns that he failed to take a missing persons report, drove his patrol cruiser while off duty, and came to work late.
    Hmmm, all things that would totally be helpful when helping your brother cover his tracks. Your brother with political aspirations that, if realized, could make those things go away.

(Ugh, time to quit watching Forensic Files).
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

New details released in disappearance of Bardstown mom, Crystal Rogers

http://m.wlky.com/news/new-details-r..._source=Social

BARDSTOWN, Ky. -
    Months after Crystal Rogers, 35, a mother of five disappears, new details are emerging about the case. Court discovery was released Monday, days after Rogers' boyfriend was identified as a suspect and his brother, a police officer, was fired for interfering in the investigation.

Nearly 200 pages of documents and several hours of police interviews, hearings, and phone calls were included in the discovery.

Brooks Houck, the boyfriend of Rogers, had sat down with police for a two-hour long interview in the days following her disappearance. Because he had been the last person to see her alive and there were 'big gaps' in his timeline, a detective told him he had become the 'main person of interest.'

Houck is seen becoming emotional, saying his focus is the couple's 2-year-old son, Eli and the safe return of Crystal. Still, claiming his innocence, he agreed to cooperate.

"I don't need an attorney. I haven't asked for an attorney but this is really starting to get silly," he's heard telling a detective.

He said on the night of July 3, around 7 that evening, he had gone to his family farm with Crystal and their son to feed the livestock.

When investigators mention a burn pile a search dog has previously hit on, he also remembered lighting a trash fire.

"Did you burn anything Friday night?" the investigator asks.

Houck replies, "Yes, it's not uncommon. I don't want stuff piling up to the moon. I always light a fire."

A surveillance camera on his aunt's nearby home shows him leaving just before midnight. Houck says he had left with Crystal but when he wakes up the next morning he said she was gone.

"I didn't know what to think but yes, I called her. I called her that morning," he says.

Houck said he later returned to the farm and admitted to moving a bulldozer to the top of the driveway and then his brother, a police officer, calls.

Brooks Houck is heard on the phone telling Nick Houck, "I'm innocent. I haven't done anything wrong."

Still, the interview comes to an end. One week later, the man on the other line, Nick Houck, comes in to talk with police.

He is asked about that phone call and the trip the brothers made within two hours of Brooks Houck's interview. They had been captured on surveillance returning to the farm.

"What went on at the farm?" the investigator asks to which Nick Houck replies he cannot remember.

"Man, if I knew I'd tell you. I wish could give you a detailed statement," he said.

But during a nearly twohour interview, there was more. Investigators told Nick Houck neighbors had reported seeing him taking something out of his police cruiser in the days following Crystal's disappearance and then putting it into his mother's car.

A search dog hits on his police cruiser and the Kentucky State Police Crime Lab, according to investigators, found even more.

"There's a couple spots in your trunk and that blanket lit up like Chernobyl. Why would that be?" an investigator asks of apparent blood splatter discovered in the trunk.

Houck replies there would not be blood in the cruiser's trunk. The investigator presses on, "Okay, bodily fluids."

Houck said, "I don't have a clue."

He said he never helped move a body or helped to destroy evidence. He claims both he and his brother are innocent, "There's no way he could do something like that. He's not capable of it."

Law enforcement said last week Crystal Rogers is "presumed dead."

Still, her family is continuing their search, though they are scaling back their efforts.

Out-of-state search crews returned home Monday and Rogers' father, who is self-employed, went back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Poor lady. They totally killed her. Bardstown is such a nice little community. Things like this don't happen very often there.

So the brother/police officer doesn't remember what he did on the farm with his brother? Give me a fucking break. If he doesn't remember what he did, how does he know he didnt dispose of her body or destroy evidence? I totally knew someone helped the boyfriend ditch Crystal's car on the highway!

The bulldozer being moved leads me to believe they disposed of her body on the property, that is if they didn't burn them

Did he really have his son with him the night he killed her?

Sounds like the police think he burned crystals body, then used the bulldozer to dig a grave for her body.

And all with the help of dear old cop brother.

I'm a little confused here....i have watched all interviews and read most of every news on this... the questions I have are just how long was brooks Houck and crystal together? they have a 2 year old son which means 2 years are better so that brings the question of....1.) how is it that Nick (the brother) Don't know crystal that well? 2.) how is it that Brooks don't know much about her past? (these are the things couples talk about usually. 3.) why is he (brooks ) keeping the son away from crystals family? one interview said she was last seen at the farm with brooks.... and the baby was with him...if im correct that brings question4 is he keeping that baby from family did the baby seen something?

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousGeorgia View Post
    I'm a little confused here....i have watched all interviews and read most of every news on this... the questions I have are just how long was brooks Houck and crystal together? they have a 2 year old son which means 2 years are better so that brings the question of....1.) how is it that Nick (the brother) Don't know crystal that well? 2.) how is it that Brooks don't know much about her past? (these are the things couples talk about usually. 3.) why is he (brooks ) keeping the son away from crystals family? one interview said she was last seen at the farm with brooks.... and the baby was with him...if im correct that brings question4 is he keeping that baby from family did the baby seen something?
    Good questions. I know Crystal had other kids, so her and Brooks were probably only together for 2 or 3 years. It sounds like they had a back and forth type of thing.
    Nick probably knows Crystal well enough. They live in a small town.

I would assume the kid was there that night. I doubt he understands what he saw tho. I'm not sure how great a two year old can talk.

Brooks seems like a slimy asshole, probably killed Crystal because of "if I can't have you, nobody will...and I ain't paying no damn child support to you"

I feel awful for the grandparents. Just awful. It's almost shaping up to sound a lot like the Josh Powell case.
    The parents lost their daughter and now it really must eat at them to know her killer has their grandson....and there is not a damn thing the court system can do.
    These brothers know the law. They're not going to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Good questions. I know Crystal had other kids, so her and Brooks were probably only together for 2 or 3 years. It sounds like they had a back and forth type of thing.
    Nick probably knows Crystal well enough. They live in a small town.

I would assume the kid was there that night. I doubt he understands what he saw tho. I'm not sure how great a two year old can talk.

Brooks seems like a slimy asshole, probably killed Crystal because of "if I can't have you, nobody will...and I ain't paying no damn child support to you"

I feel awful for the grandparents. Just awful. It's almost shaping up to sound a lot like the Josh Powell case.
    The parents lost their daughter and now it really must eat at them to know her killer has their grandson....and there is not a damn thing the court system can do.
    These brothers know the law. They're not going to talk.
    I think the shady boyfriend said he had his son with him that night, but I think Crystal either FB messaged someone or texted someone saying that she got a babysitter for that night.

there is no way for a man to be involved with a woman and have a child with that woman and 2 years pass and the bother not know his brothers gf... just don't seem right.
    my heart breaks for the grandparents and the children... i pray this story ends well but it just don't look that way.

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WHAS11) -- The parents of missing Bardstown mother of five, Crystal Rogers, plan to file for full custody of her 3-year-old son, Eli. The child's father is Brooks Houck who is Rogers' former boyfriend, he has now been named the main suspect in her disappearance.

"That definitely made a big decision on us speeding things up, I want Eli as safe as he possibly can be," Sherry Ballard said.

Crystal's parents Sherry and Tommy Ballard had already filed for grandparents' rights and partially custody of Eli back in August. They had a hearing Sept. 10, but now more than a month later they are still waiting for a judge to decide. Ballard said today the waiting is a little harder.
    Today is Eli's birthday; his third birthday," Ballard said.

The Ballards are currently caring for Crystal's four other children full-time. Ballard said they have not seen Eli since Crystal vanished on July 3.

"They haven’t seen their brother. There is no sibling rights so they can’t do anything about not seeing their brother. They haven't seen him for three months. They lost a mother. They lost a brother too; the kids are having a real hard time with that. I just can’t understand why we haven't got to see that baby yet," Ballard said.

RELATED: New info on Houck dismissal gives insight into Rogers case

While she waits for more answers on her daughter's disappearance, Ballard hopes she gets to see her youngest grandchild, soon.

"I'd just like to tell Eli happy birthday, that we are thinking of him. We miss him terribly," Ballard said.
    http://www.whas11.com/story/news/loc...dson/74422484/

Has anyone seen the little boy since Crystal disappeared? I'm worried for him. I still don't know why Brooks isn't in jail.

Has anyone seen the little boy since Crystal disappeared? I'm worried for him. I still don't know why Brooks isn't in jail.
    I haven't seen anything on the little boy. My guess is that someone on Brooks' side of the family has him. I haven't heard anyone saying they think he killed the boy or anything like that, so I guess LE knows where he is.

Up until recently I think they were hoping to find more evidence, or that he or his brother would lead them to her body IMO. At this point though, I have no idea why he hasn't been arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I haven't seen anything on the little boy. My guess is that someone on Brooks' side of the family has him. I haven't heard anyone saying they think he killed the boy or anything like that, so I guess LE knows where he is.

Up until recently I think they were hoping to find more evidence, or that he or his brother would lead them to her body IMO. At this point though, I have no idea why he hasn't been arrested.
    I don't think he harmed the boy, but I think there is a good chance he will take off sometime soon. I mean, he knows he's fucked, what does he have to lose? I was hoping he left the boy with a relative if he did decide to go on the lam.

I guess I thought the body fluids in the cruiser trunk would be enough to arrest the brother. Maybe they are testing it for DNA?

I don't think he harmed the boy, but I think there is a good chance he will take off sometime soon. I mean, he knows he's fucked, what does he have to lose? I was hoping he left the boy with a relative if he did decide to go on the lam.

I guess I thought the body fluids in the cruiser trunk would be enough to arrest the brother. Maybe they are testing it for DNA?
    Oh, I thought you were insinuating that the little boy was missing...but I see what you are saying now. Yeah, I could see him harming the little boy at this point too. Hopefully whoever has him cares enough about the kid that they will keep him away from the dad at this point.

My only guess is that with the brother working in the LE that is investigating, and so involved in the actual case, they are now trying to go back and make sure he didn't screw with anything, and also making sure they have their collective butts covered.

That's very good news. I had read somewhere he may have been preparing to flee with the kid.

That's very good news. I had read somewhere he may have been preparing to flee with the kid.
    it's a start.

I was curious about the employee of Brooks that was indicted. The news articles say he lied to the grand jury during testimony about Crystal.
    Wow! Maybe that means it won't be long until an arrest.

A bunch of the locals are saying the Houck brothers are bad news. I don't know exactly which murders they're talking about, but many people agree.
    This may get them answers!! Still believe the Houck brothers are guilty...I also believe they were involved with the teacher/daughter murders (cousins of teacher) and Officer Jason Ellis (narcotics officer). Too many coincidences!! What an evil web they have spun!

2 more people were arrested in this case for lying.

http://www.wave3.com/story/31022992/...al-rogers-case

From topix, it seems all these men are tied to Brooks and Brook's farm.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    What a beotch for taking down the signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    What a beotch for taking down the signs.
    Agreed. She actually said she's tired of Crystal? What a fucking bitch. She didn't have to take the signs down.

My family went to Aruba shortly after Natalie Holloway went missing, talk about signs...Aruba is pretty small, but I remember seeing them on the inside of the bathroom stalls. I thought to myself, obviously people love and care about this girl if they went to this extent.

WTF?
    To not want one in your yard is one thing, do drive around actively collecting them..? Wow.

I bet the community will let her know how they feel about it.

Thread Information