Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Rogers (35) missing from Bardstown, KY since 7/3/15

Crystal Rogers (35) missing from Bardstown, KY since 7/3/15

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 03:56 PM.

BARDSTOWN, KY (WAVE) – Family members and volunteers spent Monday searching a wooded area off the side of a Nelson County roadway for clues that might lead them to a missing mother of five.

“We're just trying to find her,” Sherry Ballard said of her 35-year-old daughter Crystal Rogers.

Ballard said she feared the worst as her and dozens of volunteers combed the area off of the Bluegrass Parkway near miles marker 12, outside of Bardstown.

That is where family members found her car Sunday. All of her belongings were inside.

“Her purse was in there, her cell phone was in there, her keys were in the ignition,” Ballard said. “She don't ever leave her cell phone, ever. She would have not gotten out of that car and left her cell phone in that car.”

Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly said there were no obvious signs of foul play near the car. What makes this case even tougher is the fact Rogers is the niece of a Nelson County deputy and Bardstown Police Captain Tom Roby.

“If Crystal can hear our voice, we love you, want know where you are at. Contact us and let us know you are OK,” Roby said.

Rogers was last seen Friday night by her boyfriend, Brooks Houck, on his family's farm where they were spending time with their 2-year-old son.

“They went out and they came home and he went to bed and supposedly she stayed up on her phone,” Ballard said.

“I want everybody to know that he has been completely corporative with our investigation and has tried to assist us in any way that he can,” Mattingly said of Houck.

What's still unclear is how her 2007 maroon Impala ended up with a flat tire on the side of the Bluegrass Parkway.

“Somebody saw something somewhere that will get us going in the right direction,” Mattingly said.

Rogers’ parents are offering a $25,000 reward for information in the case.

Anyone with information on Rogers' whereabouts is asked to call the Nelson County Sheriff's Office at (502) 348-1870.

http://www.wave3.com/story/29479050/...ardstown-woman

I was reading several articles and I noticed that the sheriff kept saying to please not accuse anybody yet. Especially when reporters are asking about the boyfriend, Brook Houck (since he was the last person to see her)

Seems like he's an important man in that area.
    http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=20862

http://www.kystandard.com/content/sh...ew-blood-badge

This looks to be the correct fb.
    https://www.facebook.com/crystal.rogers.1612

That definitely looks like her, and it looks like some drama in the comments about the little boy (Landon) who is her FB profile pic(s). Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    That definitely looks like her, and it looks like some drama in the comments about the little boy (Landon) who is her FB profile pic(s). Hmmmmm.
    Yeah, I'm confused....so Landon isn't her son? Because Crystal is posting comments saying she misses him, but then says she hopes his mom will grow up and do what's right...??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

In the comments on the Pray for Crystal FB page, someone mentioned that they couldn't believe this was happening to the family again, and someone else said that Crystal's aunt went missing years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yeah, I'm confused....so Landon isn't her son? Because Crystal is posting comments saying she misses him, but then says she hopes his mom will grow up and do what's right...??
    I can't see the comments, but she could be fostering him.

I'm confused about this case...was her boyfriend in the car with her when she pulled over on the highway because she had a flat? I wonder if she tried to fix the flat herself...and was hit by a car.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    In the comments on the Pray for Crystal FB page, someone mentioned that they couldn't believe this was happening to the family again, and someone else said that Crystal's aunt went missing years ago.
    Whoa sorry for the double-but what are the chances of that?!?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

So when was she last seen exactly & where? Someone posted a pick of his truck on fb asking if anyone had seen it friday & someone posted they passed it driving at 3.40 pm.

The truck's extremely distinctive (well it would be in Australia anyway) but I don't know if the place & time mean anything.

(can't screenshot so I'llbe back with a link soon)

Edit

Hope it works. Comment said

My husband and I passed this truck on BG going towards Boston/Etown Friday at around 340 pm
    I have no clue what BG is.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...type=1&theater
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-07-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

I'm confused about this case...was her boyfriend in the car with her when she pulled over on the highway because she had a flat? I wonder if she tried to fix the flat herself...and was hit by a car.

Crystal Rogers We sure do miss this little guy! Love ya Landon!!!

February 21, 2013 at 7:41am

Sydney Johnson I miss my lil brother I want to cry my eyes out I want him back so bad

February 21, 2013 at 1:57pm

Crystal Rogers I know wish i could help u out but maybe one day your mom will put her kids first & do what's right

February 21, 2013 at 2:00pm

Sydney Johnson Well like that will happen

February 21, 2013 at 2:02pm

Crystal Rogers I know what u mean but lets just hope for the best & just maybe one day she will grow up

February 21, 2013 at 2:04pm

Sydney Johnson I guess

February 21, 2013 at 2:08pm

Kyleigh Fenwick i miss my little monkey

February 21, 2013 at 3:23pm

Sydney Johnson Lol

February 21, 2013 at 3:34pm

Crystal Rogers Kyleigh, your little monkey misses you to and just remember he will relize who really cares and who don't one day, when he gets older. It might be years from now but when he is grown he will come back and see you.

February 22, 2013 at 7:03am

Kyleigh Fenwick I hope I just feel like crying

February 22, 2013 at 5:00pm

Sydney Johnson I really hope to and I really want to hit my mom in the face for doing that

February 23, 2013 at 4:12am

Kyleigh Fenwick we all miss landon

February 23, 2013 at 6:48am

Dee Matthews U ever hear from Landon? I miss him too

September 25, 2014 at 7:30pm

Crystal Rogers No we sure don't have seen him or talked to him since January

September 25, 2014 at 7:39pm

Dee Matthews How sad but u and everyone involved in that babys life will NOT be forgotten by him. One day he'll show up on moma Crystals doorstep. I believe this with my whole being. He will always love u daddy Keith and his brother and sisters.

September 25, 2014 at 7:57pm

Dee Matthews U are a good moma.

September 25, 2014 at 7:59pm ? 1

Crystal Rogers I hope and pray you are right and I can't wait for that day to come

September 25, 2014 at 7:59pm

Crystal Rogers Thanks

Dee Matthews How sad but u and everyone involved in that babys life will NOT be forgotten by him. One day he'll show up on moma Crystals doorstep. I believe this with my whole being. He will always love u daddy Keith and his brother and sisters.

Casey Cummings Miss my buna I'm crying

April 4 at 7:44pm

And on the Payers page, someone posted that Kyleigh is one of Crystal's kids:

Mary Fenwick I agree with Anthony Holland. Please keep praying for them. I love that family. My niece Kyleigh Fenwick is 1 of Crystals daughters

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Investigators say Rogers was last seen at her boyfriend's house Friday night and he is cooperating with the investigation.

However, her parents say he hasn't been helping them look for her.

"Him or none of his family has been out to find her," Tommy Ballard said, Rogers' father. "We're the ones who reported her missing."
    http://www.lex18.com/story/29506588/...rdstown-mother

The boyfriend of missing Kentucky mother Crystal Rogers defends himself in an exclusive interview with HLN’s Nancy Grace.

“All of my efforts in searching for her have been done behind the scenes with the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office,” Brooks Houck told Grace Thursday.

“I’ve been 100% completely honest with everyone. I’ve been 100% cooperative in everything that that has been asked of me. I’ve not asked for any kind of legal advice or assistance, an attorney of any nature. I’m 100% completely innocent in this and I have exhausted my efforts with the law enforcement agencies to gather all the facts necessary to allow me to have a clean name again,” Houck added.
    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/0...ks-nancy-grace

The family says Rogers' aunt was abducted and murdered about 35 years ago. So now, for the second time, the family is struggling to cope with a missing person case.
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/29506493/a...he-second-time

Last edited by bermstalker; 07-10-2015 at 03:58 AM.

This case still confuses me. I know she was last seen by her boyfriend, but her car was found on the side of a highway with all of her belongings in it.

I'm now thinking the car might have been planted there to throw people off. In order to do that, 2 people had to be involved.

BG is Bowling Green, a town on the end of the Bluegrass Parkway that her car was found on.

I thought the same thing at first, but surely there would have been at least a little blood left at the scene?

This case still confuses me. I know she was last seen by her boyfriend, but her car was found on the side of a highway with all of her belongings in it.

I'm now thinking the car might have been planted there to throw people off. In order to do that, 2 people had to be involved.
    To me it seems strange that her family members were the ones who found the car. On a road traveling toward somewhere she apparently had no plans to go.

Unless it's one of those areas that's kind of "one way in, one way out" with just the main road cutting through.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

The youngest baby belongs to the boyfriend.
    Crystal is still married to another man, and 2 kids belong to him.
    The 2 oldest kids- IDK who they belong to. Maybe one man or two men.??? I don't think any of them live with Crystal except the baby.

The police got a search warrant for the bf's farm yesterday. The reward is already up to $71,000
    http://www.wlky.com/news/officials-i...riend/34103674

Not sure if there's much of anything new in this article but it was posted today:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...missing_i.html

Sister doesn't trust the bf.

So, I am thinking Brooks' run for sheriff isn't gonna be too successful...
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    So, I am thinking Brooks' run for sheriff isn't gonna be too successful...
    Pretty much everybody thinks he had something to do with Crystal's disappearance.

There's no new updates, but the whole community is still looking for her. Crystal's parents think she was never in that car and they firmly believe boyfriend did something to her.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-mis...ry?id=32408864

I thought this was interesting.
    http://statement-analysis.blogspot.c...nd-brooks.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-14-2015 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post

I love that blog. I read that last entry last night, and it certainly doesn't sound good for Brooks. The "lack of reliable denial" is always a big one, and, as Peter said in his analysis, Brooks goes round and round saying everything except "I didn't do it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    BG is Bowling Green, a town on the end of the Bluegrass Parkway that her car was found on.
    Actually, the BG is what they call the Bluegrass Parkway. It ends at I 65 and then if you go south, you can get on western ky pkwy and it takes you to bowling green. It's a good 2.5 hour drive at least.

Brooks brother is a cop for Bardstown Police Department and it looks like his cruiser has been searched.

Quote Originally Posted by jULIA.bEE View Post
    Actually, the BG is what they call the Bluegrass Parkway. It ends at I 65 and then if you go south, you can get on western ky pkwy and it takes you to bowling green. It's a good 2.5 hour drive at least.

Brooks brother is a cop for Bardstown Police Department and it looks like his cruiser has been searched.
    It would def. explain some things.

Since shortly after Crystal Rogers went missing nearly two weeks ago, family members have voiced their suspicions that her boyfriend is tied in some way to her disappearance.

But in recent days, those suspicions have expanded to encompass more than just Brooks Houck, her 33-year-old live-in boyfriend and father of one of her five children. Several family members have also raised questions about Houck?s brother, Nick Houck, who is a Bardstown Police officer.

Several volunteers searching along Ky. 49 have reported seeing a Bardstown Police cruiser and another vehicle matching the description of Brooks? vehicle pass by their field headquarters in the direction of the Houck family farm.

There have also been reports that Nick Houck was on administrative leave or suspended, and that his police cruiser had been seized as part of the investigation into Rogers? disappearance.

Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin acknowledged the rumors about Houck?s absence Thursday, and said they are false. But when pressed about the details of Houck?s cruiser, McCubbin declined to comment.

?He is not on administrative leave. He is not suspended. There?s nothing,? McCubbin said regarding Nick Houck?s duties with the department.

McCubbin said his officer was due back on Monday and was currently off work with the rest of his patrol platoon as part of his normal duty rotation.

When asked about Houck?s police cruiser, McCubbin said he could only confirm that the car had broken down and had to be towed. But it was not in the shop, and the Bardstown Police Department did not have the vehicle in its possession Thursday.

When asked where the cruiser was, McCubbin said that was a question the Nelson County Sheriff?s Office would have to answer.

Houck?s cruiser was allegedly seen traveling along Ky. 49 July 8 around sunset. Police have confirmed a search warrant was executed on the family farm ? the last place police say Rogers was reported being seen by anyone other than Houck ? on July 10.

?I would have to assume that?s true,? McCubbin said of witnesses? claims that they saw Houck?s cruiser passing through the area. ?He can take his car anywhere. To me that?s not alarming.?

McCubbin said it was a take-home car, and Houck?s mother lives on the farm on Paschal Ballard Road near the intersection of Balltown and Loretto roads.

McCubbin said Officer Nick Houck, a patrolman, would not have information about the pending search warrant for his family?s property. McCubbin said patrol officers normally don?t have knowledge of pending search warrants even in their own department, and he pointed out that Rogers? disappearance is being investigated by the Nelson County Sheriff?s Office.

When contacted Thursday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly would not comment on the status of the investigation, and said he would neither confirm nor deny if Officer Houck?s cruiser had been searched or processed for evidence.

Mattingly said the investigation continues and his detectives are still waiting on lab results from some of the possible evidence they have recovered. He said the FBI has lended assistance.

?We?re not at a point where we need to be saying anything,? Mattingly said.

The standard attempted to contact Nick Houck late Thursday but was unsuccessful.

Police say Rogers was last seen on Friday, July 3, at the Houck family farm, in the company of Brooks Houck.

Rogers was reported missing on July 5 by her parents around 2 p.m. after they say they grew concerned because they had not heard from their daughter. At around 5 p.m. Rogers? father and brother found her vehicle on the side of the westbound Bluegrass Parkway with a flat tire. Inside were her cell phone, keys and other personal items.

The following Monday, the Sheriff?s Office held a press conference announcing she was missing and asking the public for help solving her disappearance. At that press conference, Mattingly acknowledged tensions between the boyfriend and family. He also described Houck as helpful and cooperating with the investigation.

Shortly after its discovery, family and friends began searching the area surrounding the stretch along the Bluegrass Parkway where Rogers? car was found. Kentucky State Police and other agencies have also given support. A multitude of volunteers have joined in the search, and in recent days volunteers have shifted to other areas around the county, including the Ky. 49 area.

Houck has made limited statements to local media despite numerous attempts to contact him, but did appear on the nationally broadcast ?Nancy Grace? show on July 9.

During that interview, Houck said he had last seen Rogers the evening of July 3 after they returned from the family farm when he went to bed and she was still awake playing games on her phone. He said when he awoke, she was not in the house but he was not alarmed. He said the couple has had a ?stressed relationship? at times, and Rogers was known to leave for a cousin?s house to cope.

Houck told Grace he tried calling Rogers on July 4 prior to heading to a family gathering.

The family has repeatedly said to media that they question whether Brooks Houck has shared all the information he knows about Rogers? disappearance, and do not believe she was in her car when it was abandoned on the Bluegrass.

Late Thursday afternoon, Bardstown Mayor John Royalty was asked whether the Sheriff?s Office had impounded Nick Houck?s police car, or was being questioned in the investigation.

The mayor replied in a text message that the investigation is ongoing, and he can?t talk about it.

http://www.kystandard.com/content/bp...ion-questioned

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/loc...-son/31746971/

Missing Bardstown woman's parents seeking grandparents rights for her youngest son

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WHAS11) – It has now been exactly six weeks since Bardstown mother of five, Crystal Rogers, was last seen.

Crystal Rogers has been missing since July 3. Her car was found on the Bluegrass parkway with her belongings inside. Her parents, Sherry and Tommy Ballard, say what makes this harder on their family is that they have not been allowed to see their youngest grandson Eli, who Crystal shares with her boyfriend, Brooks Houck.

"Not only did they lose their mother, they lost their brother too because they haven't seen him since this happened," Sherry Ballard, Crystal's mother said.

By filing for grandparents rights, the Ballard's are hoping to be able to see 2-year-old Eli at least every other weekend and a day each week. They will have a court hearing next week.
    "We miss him I mean he is part of our family, we haven't seen him since this has a happened and I just sit and think what is going through his mind, he has his mom no more, he hasn't seen any of us, does he think we all just disappeared out of his life? And it's hard," Sherry Ballard said.

The Ballard's say they are doing this for a number of reasons. They miss seeing Eli, want to remind him of his mother, and want him to be able to spend time with his brother and sisters.

"It's been hard, I mean it's really hard on these kids, they can't see their brother," Tommy Ballard said.

After six weeks of searching for their daughter in Nelson and Hardin counties, Tommy and Sherry Ballard are expanding their search to Marion County. They will be focusing on ponds and lakes near roadways in secluded areas. If you would like to help out with their search call 502-827-2803.

If you know anything about Crystal's disappearance call the Nelson County Sheriff's Office at 502-348-3211 or Casey at 502-827-4541.

Thread Information