Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight With Caffeinatedkat about dumb shit here

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Anemia that severe red meat is not gonna make much difference either way.
    Mhm

There's many causes of anemia and each one is handled differently. There's also a huge difference between heme and nonheme iron and how your body absorbs them, as well as the many things that inhibit absorption, which is particularly a problem if your diet consists of solely nonheme iron. Which I've tried telling her before.

But what do I know....

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    Mhm

There's many causes of anemia and each one is handled differently. There's also a huge difference between heme and nonheme iron and how your body absorbs them, as well as the many things that inhibit absorption, which is particularly a problem if your diet consists of solely nonheme iron. Which I've tried telling her before.

But what do I know....
    Don't you go bringing your "facts" and "science" in here, damnit! Positive thoughts, fairy dust, and a give 'em hell attitude is all she needs to make miracles happen!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This is true.

Those results are worrisome.

And Kat posted those pics because you guys called her a liar. She obviously not lying. I wouldnt wish birth complications on anyone.
    I said I was skeptical. Which I was. As for calling her a liar, I have done that when she was proven to be a liar in regards to other issues. I don't like liars and once someone is caught lying, I don't believe much of what they say after that point.

If someone is a proven liar, do you really blame people for being skeptical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm just glad this thread has finally come to fruition

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I said I was skeptical. Which I was. As for calling her a liar, I have done that when she was proven to be a liar in regards to other issues. I don't like liars and once someone is caught lying, I don't believe much of what they say after that point.

If someone is a proven liar, do you really blame people for being skeptical?
    I'm on your side you are right she is a liar I was just giving her some credit for finally posting in her own thread! And I still don't want anything to happen to her or her baby, and i know you Werent the one saying that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm on your side you are right she is a liar I was just giving her some credit for finally posting in her own thread! And I still don't want anything to happen to her or her baby, and i know you Werent the one saying that.
    I knew you weren't singling me out, babe I was just putting it out there .
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I didn't see one poster wishing her or her baby harm ..... no one did. Everyone drank the cat kool aid and extended sympathetic comments 're good luck during Labour and delivery and then bam . She returns to report it was a false alarm and more kool aid was ingested and more advice 're nutrition given .. she's a tale spinner and obviously craves the attention and gets it. But no one ever wished her harm .. She is annoying but that is her persona.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    I even got Quinn in there in case you thought she was made up as well

Woah, woah lets back up here a second. If you're writing people's screen names on your belly and taking pics can I please have one of my own? Keep in mind I've never been a part of any of this drama between you and any of the users and I've never cut you down in anyway. I'm dead serious I need a new lock screen for my phone
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Lmao awkward for sure but at least your not asking for a tasteful nude

Nekminit you go in to real labour and have to explain why you have "puke" written on your belly.

oh wow. This baby is going to be like 15 yrs old finding a random pic of her mom's pregnant belly on the internet with "Puke" written on it while pregnant for her...How would that child feel?

jjuuussstttt kidding. My mom told me all about how she wanted to have an abortion with me and the reasons it never happened...I'm not totally screwed up or anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I hope kat and the baby do well. Seriously, those labs are awful. There's anemic and then there's really anemic like half your blood volume went missing anemic. It's alarming and I hope the blood bank at the hospital plans to stock up on a few units in your blood type.

Can they undo this weight loss surgery so you no longer have this severe anemia?

My mom stop doing "heavy drugs" with me... Whatever that means. My dad was a drug dealing lifeguard at the time so.....

The weight loss surgeon keeps telling me

Oops. Anyway my weight-loss surgeon keeps telling me that after certain amount of time my body will adjust itself and start taking on the nutrients it needs. Still waiting

Sounds like you've got a pile of doctors looking to get you in and out to get their pay checks. Or who know they'll never get paid. That's really unfortunate. You really should feel like your doctor cares. I dismissed at least one GP, two gynos, and one shrink (because after the first epic failure I got a good recommendation from a batshit friend).

Yeah, good doctors take shopping.

My wine box is empty

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    hmm...my vag is the same size today as it was 7 years ago. thank you very much!
    Congratulations! I'll still pass. I've talked to too many men, and there's a reason women without kids, rather they're grown or small, are more attractive. No one will ever convince me that shit goes back to normal. However, congratulations!

My youngest is probably 100 pounds over weight. Her hgba1c is elevated indicating she is on her way to developing type 2 diabetes which runs in my husbands family. I've always gently tried to encourage her to lose weight, but she gets angry or her feelings get hurt. She doesn't eat necessarily bad food, but she eats far too much. I've seen her eat a subway sandwich after work and then eat a full meal 1 1/2 hours later. She used to be addicted to diet coke. She has finally bought into the idea it's bad for you and can cause blood sugar issues. She quit all soda a couple months ago and has switched to tea. She's the one with thyroid problems (goiter) and polycystic ovaries and her siblings are normal weight. They all eat a similar diet, but for her the pounds keep adding on. I've hinted at dieting with a clinic that deals with obesity and have wondered if she would benefit from weight loss surgery, specifically thinking it would force her to learn portion control. After seeing your health problems, I'm reluctant to suggest it and sort of hoping her doc doesn't suggest it. She had a little success with Adkins, but it fell to the wayside and she gained the weight back. Now that she is working in an environment where they eat out every day, I can tell she has added on more weight. Her dad and I have the middle age spread going on where we could stand to lose 30-40 pounds, so when I mention weight and dieting it's more along the lines of us eating salads as meals instead of meat and potatoes in an attempt to lose a few. You have me thinking that weight loss surgery might not be such a good idea.

6 iron transfusions over 6 weeks. My section in scheduled for the 12th to get me the most iron possible. The stuff looks like straight coffee.
    Venofer sucks, which is what it sounds like you're getting. There's a stronger heme-iron that's infused over 5 hours, it sounds like that would be best. Demand that instead of Venofer. Venofer is cheaper, so insurance will pay for it quicker than the better stuff. I'm hoping that you get, and feel better. Also look into Vitaladay's iron pills, it's specialized for weight loss surgery patients. I don't know your vitamin D levels, but I know that wls patients tend to have low vitamin D. Calcium also helps the body absorb iron. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Because she refuses to eat meat.
    Nah, you can't become anemic because of that. Then every vegan would be anemic. In wls patients, anemia is a side effect of the surgery. Something to do with the way the intestines are rerouted, and the absorption of iron. Also menses can cause anemia. In fact, most women are anemic after their periods. I wasn't a gan of red meat. I'm not a fan of meat period, but I'll take a steak over chicken....and eating red meat hasn't helped my anemia not one bit! I still require transfusions. It's the way of life for wls patients. There's nothing that Cat can do except get a transfusion, and keep getting them for life. I'm quite sure there's nothing wrong, except that her body doesn't absorb iron from nutrients the way normal people do.

Mary, I wouldn't try weight loss surgery for your daughter. Not until she's ready.
    PCOS, although I don't suffer frim it, is very difficult. Has she tried metafromin? Vitex can help regulate her periods. I would really, really, really, recommend medication assisted weight loss. Qysmia is a wonder drug, I used it for the first 3 months of my weight loss. It's a combo of topamax and phentermine. It gave me the will power to stick to low carb, which is her best bet with PCOS. There are other drugs, but I only know about that one. It's very expensive, but if you have a doctor that's willing, they can write the scripts separately, and make it cheaper. Good luck! I've been in this life long battle that I finally feel as if I'm winning, all my life.

Most people don't watch what they drink. Tea, lemonade, all of that...nothing but sugar. Sugar turns into carbs, and carbs aren't good for some of us. You eat salads all day, but add 6 glasses of lemonade, and you've drank almost 3 cups of sugar.
    Last edited by Queena; 09-03-2015 at 09:34 PM.

I posted my blood results a few pages back but I don't know if they tested that specifically or not.

My d3 is very low, I took a prescription high dose for a few weeks then switched to otc high potency d3..4,000iu's i think. My labs have been good since. Hubbys was low as well but his doc never said anything to him. He now takes one of my otc D3 supplements daily. I figure it can't hurt. We also take a multi vit, which we never felt were important until we began feeling old..lol.

Queena, I no longer go with my daughter to the doc since she is now 24. I know she mentioned a weight loss drug not yet available that her doc wants her to take when it's approved. As for her cysts, she takes birth control pills to ease symptoms. I don't think she takes any other meds for it. She currently has the best insurance on the planet and I sort of feel she should act now while she can benefit from no co-pays or deductibles. We'll be taxed to high heaven over our Cadillac insurance soon, so she might as well milk it for all she can while she is still on our policy. There's this family practice doc that I used to work with years ago who went back to school and now specializes in weight loss. He is not a surgeon though, but does refer to surgeons for some of his patients. I would imagine he would understand all of her issues as pcos usually includes weight issues. She sees an endocrinologist yearly for her thyroid, which every year causes drama. They are so reluctant to do anything with the thyroid because it can cause fertility issues, and although she has goiter her t3 and t4 are normal. She takes thyroid medication to keep the goiter from growing.

She's been a trooper through this mess, but today she dropped her phone and broke the screen and just sobbed. She says she loves us and all but hates being back home. I told her we love her too, but we too hate having her home lol. She feels bad because all this homelessness has about killed us and she feels like a burden. I told her that I was happy that we are able to help her since it would be awful to watch your kid in a mess and not be able to help. We also gave her neighbor $350 as they lost just as much and have 4 kids and their car broke down. The end is near and by monday, she will be back in her own place. I'll give her a bit to let her settle back into a normal routine and then do my best to approach the subject without provoking tears.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    My d3 is very low, I took a prescription high dose for a few weeks then switched to otc high potency d3..4,000iu's i think. My labs have been good since. Hubbys was low as well but his doc never said anything to him. He now takes one of my otc D3 supplements daily. I figure it can't hurt. We also take a multi vit, which we never felt were important until we began feeling old..lol.

Queena, I no longer go with my daughter to the doc since she is now 24. I know she mentioned a weight loss drug not yet available that her doc wants her to take when it's approved. As for her cysts, she takes birth control pills to ease symptoms. I don't think she takes any other meds for it. She currently has the best insurance on the planet and I sort of feel she should act now while she can benefit from no co-pays or deductibles. We'll be taxed to high heaven over our Cadillac insurance soon, so she might as well milk it for all she can while she is still on our policy. There's this family practice doc that I used to work with years ago who went back to school and now specializes in weight loss. He is not a surgeon though, but does refer to surgeons for some of his patients. I would imagine he would understand all of her issues as pcos usually includes weight issues. She sees an endocrinologist yearly for her thyroid, which every year causes drama. They are so reluctant to do anything with the thyroid because it can cause fertility issues, and although she has goiter her t3 and t4 are normal. She takes thyroid medication to keep the goiter from growing.

She's been a trooper through this mess, but today she dropped her phone and broke the screen and just sobbed. She says she loves us and all but hates being back home. I told her we love her too, but we too hate having her home lol. She feels bad because all this homelessness has about killed us and she feels like a burden. I told her that I was happy that we are able to help her since it would be awful to watch your kid in a mess and not be able to help. We also gave her neighbor $350 as they lost just as much and have 4 kids and their car broke down. The end is near and by monday, she will be back in her own place. I'll give her a bit to let her settle back into a normal routine and then do my best to approach the subject without provoking tears.
    I can imagine how she feels. I have a cousin that suffers from infertility because of tyroid issues. I would try medication first, but in my experience if you fail with medicine, you will out eat the weight loss surgery. I've done. It's not a goid feeling. I wish I had worked on my overeating first. There's always an emotional cause to overeating. Sometimes there's a medical, but most of the times it's emotional. I'm wishing you guys luck. My Mom had wls and she HATED when she got "skinny". In fact, on her obituary, we had to put all of her fat pictures. That's the downside to this thing.

But his bowl is on the ground. A closer look. I get you all hate me. But I am not a liar. I was there they did a non stress test a biophysical profile and gave me fluids

Why are you cutting your last name out when it's posted everywhere online? Are you pretending?

Oh my god, I just went and read the last few pages of this thread. I you guys, except Kat

Much better.

NVM I spoke wayyy too fucking soon.
    Last edited by Shins; 09-04-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Thread Information