Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Child Found Dead Wrapped in Blanket on Deer Island - identified as two-year old Bella Bond

Here's my opinion, which some people may not like, but this is an open forum where I think we all should be able to express our thoughts and opinions.

I watched about 9 hours of the trial and have been following the case for the past 2 years.

I think Michael McCarthy killed her and I do not think Rachelle Bond should be be given any type of homicide charge because I do not think she helped kill her or that she was able to foresee that he was going to kill her. Michael McCarthy had been into learning about demonology for years, and whether or not he believed Bella was a demon, I think he killed her out of resentment that he had to help take care of her and that he couldn't be the center of attention in Rachelle's life. His text messages show how controlling he was. I don't believe a lot of Rachelle's testimony though as a witness, the defense attorney did a pretty good job of revealing her lying problem. Just because she's a lying, selfish individual who is addicted to drugs does not make her a killer though. I do believe she loved her baby and wanted the best for her, but she was just a bad parent (for a number of years...to multiple children), plain and simple. She let friends who were homeless live there rather than putting her daughter first, she moved in three of her boyfriends during Bella's lifetime (although she did kick one out within one day after she found out he was attempting to potty-train Bella), and she relapsed back into heroin after being sober for a long time. I think she didn't report the killing because of her desire to keep using heroin and because she believed the murder was going to be blamed on her. I'm glad they charged her with disposing of her child but I don't believe she killed Bella.

Good job Justice system.

BOSTON -- The mother of a 2-year-old girl who became known as "Baby Doe" after her remains washed up on a Boston Harbor island has been sentenced to time served and two years of probation for her role in disposing of her daughter's body.

Under the sentence imposed Wednesday, Rachelle Bond will be released from jail Friday after serving less than two years for being an accessory after the fact in the 2015 killing of her daughter, Bella.

Bond will be released directly into a residential substance abuse treatment facility.

Bond's ex-boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-s...aby-does-body/

Thread Information