Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Found Dead Wrapped in Blanket on Deer Island - identified as two-year old Bella Bond

Child Found Dead Wrapped in Blanket on Deer Island - identified as two-year old Bella Bond

http://www.whdh.com/story/29464164/o...on-deer-island

WINTHROP, Mass. (WHDH) -
    Officials said Thursday there is no official cause of death for the young girl whose remains were found on week ago on Deer Island.

A computer-generated image of what officials believe the young girl to look like was released during a news conference with officials on Deer Island.

She was wearing white leggings with black polka dots. The clothing is known to be sold at Target.

Officials said the trash bag the remains were found in contained a fleece blanket with a black and white zebra print on it, which may have been special to the child. They ask that anyone who may have known a child who had such a blanket to contact authorities.

According to authorities, the girl found dead on Deer Island in Boston Harbor was about 4 years old with brown eyes and brown hair that was about 14 inches long. She was most likely Caucasian or Hispanic.

A woman walking her dog on the island discovered the body on Thursday, June 25.

Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley, state police Col. Timothy Alben and Winthrop Police Chief Terence Delehanty said the girl was about 3 1/2 feet tall and weighed just over 30 pounds, which was normal for her height. Her ethnicity isn't yet clear.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has been contacted about this case.

Officials expressed concern about the girl's caretakers and if they have other children in the home. They said it is important to locate that family to make sure other potential children do not come into harm's way.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the State Police, Winthrop Police or the District Attorney's office.

I run here on a pretty consistent basis and I was shocked to hear they found a body on this island, nevermind that of a child. Apparently no one has come forward with information about local missing children so they have tried to come up with a sketch. This sketch looks soooo much like this child: http://aliayahlunsford.info/
    but Aliayah has been missing four years.. but was around the same age as this child when she went missing.

To have her blanket with her makes me think the death was accidental and they panicked. Most cold blooded killers are not going to toss a babies blankie in there.mwe will see.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soultosqueeze View Post
    I run here on a pretty consistent basis and I was shocked to hear they found a body on this island, nevermind that of a child. Apparently no one has come forward with information about local missing children so they have tried to come up with a sketch. This sketch looks soooo much like this child: http://aliayahlunsford.info/
    but Aliayah has been missing four years.. but was around the same age as this child when she went missing.
    Whoa no kidding that looks like her... Kinda sick but what could slow down decomp a few years? A freezer?

That is a crazy coincidence. The child they found is around 3 1/2 feet tall and 30 pounds, Aliayah is around 3 feet and 30 pounds. Yeah the height is not as close but the key word is "around" in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Well I am pretty sure the ME can tell if a body was preserved, and if they did DNA, they would have found the other little girl in a database I am sure.

It's just an uncanny resemblance. I just can't believe no one has come forward about ANYTHING yet, or at least that we know of I guess. A doctor, a teacher, a family friend.... I mean, the child has been missing for over a week, if the child passed away close to when she was discovered. It's awful.

Well I am pretty sure the ME can tell if a body was preserved, and if they did DNA, they would have found the other little girl in a database I am sure.

It's just an uncanny resemblance. I just can't believe no one has come forward about ANYTHING yet, or at least that we know of I guess. A doctor, a teacher, a family friend.... I mean, the child has been missing for over a week, if the child passed away close to when she was discovered. It's awful.
    Seriously. Makes me automatically blame the mom and/or dad. Because if your kid was missing, you would've told the police, unless you had something to hide. When they find out who the parents are, it's going to be real hard to say you're innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Seriously. Makes me automatically blame the mom and/or dad. Because if your kid was missing, you would've told the police, unless you had something to hide. When they find out who the parents are, it's going to be real hard to say you're innocent.
    I know, right? I just automatically assume it's the parents when there has been no one coming forward within a few hours. Sigh.

Undocumented workers are often victimized in the worst ways, and don't report crimes, injuries, or illnesses because they are afraid to go to the authorities. Not saying that's the case, it's just what came to mind.

She looks so much like my youngest niece

I never thought of the immigrant route - good call. This poor baby was just left in a plastic bag in the ocean. Nothing can make that ok to me.
    They are blasting the photos everywhere around here. Hopefully something comes out of it soon.

Here is the Mass State Police Facebook post from earlier:

https://www.facebook.com/MassStatePo...47808361969815

HELP US SPEAK FOR THIS CHILD
    On June 25 of this year, the body of a deceased toddler-age girl was found on the western shore of Deer Island in Winthrop. State and local police and the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office continue to try to identify the girl, and are again making an appeal to the public for help. Today, we are releasing a computer-generated composite image of the girl prepared by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. This image depicts what the child may have looked like in life. We are also releasing images of the leggings she was wearing when found, which are white with black polka dots, and of a black and white zebra-stripe blanket found with the child’s body. The girl was approximately four years old at the time of her death, had brown eyes and brown hair, weighed about 30 pounds, and stood about 3? feet tall.
    We ask the public to be alert for any children who seem to have gone missing from their communities, their neighborhoods, schools, summer programs, parks, churches or any other places where people gather. Also, please look around July 4th gatherings – block parties, cookouts, town fireworks displays – and consider whether a child whom you would have expected to see there is now not present.
    Anyone with any information about this toddler or who has information about a missing child is urged to call Massachusetts State Police at 508-820-2121 (24-hour number), the Suffolk County State Police Detective Unit at 617-727-8817, or Winthrop Police at 617-539-5806.
    Thank you. Please help us speak for this child who can no longer speak for herself.
    Please share and Like the page for updates.

Aliayah Lunsford is on the right. She would be seven years old now.

EDIT: The state police tweeted that it is NOT Aliayah Lunsford.

Mass State Police retweeted Mass State Police

We are confident our girl is not Aliayah Lunsford. Pls continue to share & give tips. We appreciate ur help.
    https://twitter.com/massstatepolice
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 07-03-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Not same cat.

What about this little girl, on the left? Same cat?

Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 07-03-2015 at 03:40 PM.

No I don't think so.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Nope, sadly it looks like it's yet another little girl

Northeastern University Criminologist Jack Levin talked to Ward about the statistics in a crime like this.

"The chances are really low that she was killed by a stranger or by some neighbor. Chances are this was an intimate murder," he said.

When asked who could possibly do this, Levin said, "Well the truth is, parents are responsible for more than half of all the murders of children. And when it comes to children under five, that figure is 70 percent."

Levin says the fleece blanket found with the girl and the leggings she was wearing are clues to who may be responsible.

"I think its a very interesting idea that this little girl had been cared for. There were at least mixed feelings on the part of the killer," he said. "There seems to be some kind of feeling for this little girl, and that also indicates, she was probably killed by a family member."

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/294...-family-member

That's the conclusion they jumped to when the baby was found alive in the dumpster. They were sure he was abandoned, people were calling her all these bad names wanting to adopt this poor boy. Mom was dead, his brother was as well. We just do not know the facts yet. They are waiting on toxicology. There is no obvious trauma and someone put her blanket in there with her. I am guessing an accident and a panicked parent. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    Aliayah Lunsford is on the right. She would be seven years old now.

This other girls been missing three years this girls three years old is her anyway that their sisters? The resemblance is uncanny

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah. It's her long lost sister. Good theory.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yeah... Doubtful they are related, and I didn't think it could be possible that it was the same child but I just found it crazy how alike they look. I know I keep saying it over and over again but I just hope SOMETHING comes out soon. I want this little girl to have a name and a proper burial.
    The waste water people are putting a bench up in her memory.. It would be nice to have her actual birth name on it, assuming she had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Undocumented workers are often victimized in the worst ways, and don't report crimes, injuries, or illnesses because they are afraid to go to the authorities. Not saying that's the case, it's just what came to mind.
    Even tho they show a picture of a white child, they actually say she could either be white or Hispanic.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2015/07/...HNM/story.html

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children used autopsy photos to create a computer-generated image of the girl, believed to be about 4 years old and white or Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    That's the conclusion they jumped to when the baby was found alive in the dumpster. They were sure he was abandoned, people were calling her all these bad names wanting to adopt this poor boy. Mom was dead, his brother was as well. We just do not know the facts yet. They are waiting on toxicology. There is no obvious trauma and someone put her blanket in there with her. I am guessing an accident and a panicked parent. We shall see.
    I don't know how sympathetic I feel for the person that did this. They STUFFED her in a trash bag and threw her away.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-04-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Even tho they show a picture of a white child, they actually say she could either be white or Hispanic.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2015/07/...HNM/story.html

I don't know how sympathetic I feel for the person that did this. They STUFFED her in a trash bag and threw her away.
    Maybe, or maybe her family was also slain and they have just not been found. It is unlikely but in the case 2 months ago a very sad and real ending

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Which is something that is ok to do?

Thread Information