Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Michael Careccia (44) and his wife Tina (42) were killed in a drug-related shooting

with meth? you only do that for adhd.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

You don't have to be a meth head to be killed by one, you just have to employ them in some capacity. This guy could have been a gardener or someone working construction or known someone who worked in the house. Compound sounds like they had some money to me.

the article stated that he had done meth with the guys that killed him.

Investigators believe Michael Careccia and Valenzuela used drugs together, including methamphetamine, Babeu said, and that drug use played a role in the murders.

It is my understanding that he was on disability after a miter saw accident that affected his hand.

Yeah it doesn't make sense that they were killed because they used drugs. Unless they owed someone money. More than likely some tweaker killed them because he thought they had money they didn't have. Obviously the guy was an ameuter if he buried them in their own yard.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The news sources are reporting that he was a pilot at United Airlines, but he was actually a pilot at a regional that flies small feeders for United. Big difference because while a United pilot might make 300k, a regional pilot probably makes about 25k. I had a whole different picture of who these people where until some other pilots that know him were talking about him on a pilot message board and said that he is not mainline United. Totally different picture.

While it's possible he was out on medical leave for drugs (if self admitted and checked into a rehab before he got caught, otherwise he would lose his license and wouldn't just be on leave if they caught it in a drug screen), it's also possible it was for something as simple as high blood pressure or something like that. FAA medicals are easy to temporarily lose over things most people wouldn't really think twice about. A lot of common medications require grounding periods to make sure they don't adversely affect you. A kidney stone can put you out of work for over a year (had it happen to a friend), so medical leave could be really nothing or something really big.
    You are incorrect about how much United Express pilots make. I read he was with the company for 13 years (started in 2002, according to reports) and a Captain, so he likely was on 14 year Captain pay which is $90 per flight hour. Most pilots work 80+ flight hours a month, so a 15 year Captain makes about $90,000, plus per diem, which probably netted him another $6,000-$7,000 per year (tax-free).

Regional flight attendants start out at about $25,000 per year (regular pay plus per diem).

The guy was known to them, he had done work for them. One of the articles I read said they had a Father's Day party that Sunday, and he attended. He was considered a friend of the family. It also said Michael was a casual meth user who sometimes did meth with him. It did not say Tina was also a user, but she probably was too. I think Valenzuela probably sold them meth. They probably got into a fight, maybe Michael owed him money for drugs. Or who knows? Maybe they were partying and shit went south over something stupid.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

"...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Horrible.

So maybe the pilot had the saw accident to his hands - got hooked on oxy and docs cut him off. He asks his buddy/friend-for-hire if he knows anyone who could hook him up and it spiraled out of control from there.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    So maybe the pilot had the saw accident to his hands - got hooked on oxy and docs cut him off. He asks his buddy/friend-for-hire if he knows anyone who could hook him up and it spiraled out of control from there.
    That's where my line of thought went too. He injured his hand, took painkillers, graduated to heroin and possibly dabbled in meth.
    If his injury was bad enough, he could have been looking at being out of work for awhile, and some people don't do well with idle hands.

He could have also been less able to defend himself with an injured arm/hand. I would like to know how bad his injury was.

At my family's lake house a neighbor chopped of his entire arm trying to cut a limb from his tree down with a chain saw. My aunt, who is a nurse controlled the bleeding from his arm, grabbed his severed limb, and drove him to the hospital like a rock star.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I wonder if Jose sold the couple some jacked up meth and they went over there because they wanted their money back.

It's so weird. This couple was having a father's day party...but invited their meth dealer to it so they could score.

Jose Valenzuela told investigators that he and the dead couple used methamphetamine together and were casual drug users. Valenzuela said he gave the couple meth on Father's Day and later that night, the Careccias went to Valenzuela's house where "something happened, a fight ensued" and Valenzuela produced a gun.
    http://www.12news.com/story/news/loc...ound/29606815/

And this article says they were both shot with a 22
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...rant/29591819/

Berm I'm not going to take the word of a drug dealer/murderer, they are not known to be the most honest of people. I may think differently if they aren't a suspect in the case.

This is why me and my husband only so meth with people we trust.... You know like the local police and the mailman

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Berm I'm not going to take the word of a drug dealer/murderer, they are not known to be the most honest of people. I may think differently if they aren't a suspect in the case.
    I'm not saying his story is true, but he did admit everything to the police. It's not exactly like he's trying to hide the fact that he killed two people in his house- then buried them.
    I'm just wondering why he would lie about the meth use? The autopsy/tox is def. going to show the truth.

I keep hearing people say they don't look like they do meth.
    Meth doesn't discriminate. It infests all walks of life.

I think they mean they don't look like junkies, and they don't. But if they only picked up the habit recently, or just do it casually, they would not look like meth heads (super skinny, spotted faces, gnarly teeth, aged).

In any case, their family is not buying that they were drug users: http://www.people.com/article/murder...ug-connections

But I have to wonder what they were doing over at Valenzuela's house that night, if not drugs.

True, what Berm says, certain drugs don't discriminate. In another life, I met people who you wouldn't think for a minute were in to the drugs they were.

Thing is, you are not going to broadcast your drug use to your family, most people don't want their family to find out. They could well have just been dabbling, or not using at all & there for another reason. I suppose the toxicology tests will be all important.

When people say people don't look like they do meth, it's because they pHYSICALLY DON'T, not like a class statement. It doesn't take long with meth for people to look sallow, scabby, and disgusting.

yeah, i said they don't look like they do meth because they still seem to have all their teeth and their skin isn't all marked up, not because i think they look rich or something. i don't care who you are, if you are using for a long time, you are going to look like it physically.

Memorial campaign for Mike and Tina
    $10,975 of $20k

Mike and Tina Careccia went missing on 6/22, unfortunately their story ended tragically and they have passed on. They have left behind 5 children between them. This fund will go to assist the families in funeral expenses as well as assist the children with their needs as well. Please support The Mike and Tina memorial fund any donation can help. Thank you for all the support and may they rest peacefully.

http://www.gofundme.com/yfbr5g

In the statement released Friday, the family said Valenzuela did come to the Careccia residence as a guest since he “was doing work for the family.” They go on to say that “Jose looked drunk and that (partygoers) overheard him talking with Michael about knowing who burned their property.”

A Maricopa Monitor article dated October 2014 featured an interview with Tina Careccia over a suspected arson on property the couple was building on last September. “We all ran out there and sure enough, it was smoking,” she told the Monitor. “The black smoke just got so thick and bad.”
    The family alleges Michael may have gone to Valenzuela’s house to confront him about the fire.

“We are waiting for the toxicology reports; however, even if they came positive, we will never buy the story of them coming to him for methamphetamine,” family members wrote.

http://www.trivalleycentral.com/casa...00a0c0b03.html

Reports: Murdered Maricopa couple had meth in systems

A Phoenix-area couple found murdered and buried in a yard two months ago both had amphetamines and methamphetamine in their systems, according to autopsy and toxicology reports released Friday.

The Pinal County Office of the Medical Examiner released the reports on 44-year-old Michael Careccia and his 43-year-old wife, Tina, that said both were homicide victims and had a gunshot wound to the head.

The toxicology report also showed Tina Careccia had tranquilizers and sleeping pills in her system and both she and her husband had traces of alcohol.

The suspect accused of killing the couple told investigators that he and the Careccias used meth together and he was high on the drug when he allegedly shot them.

The couple was reported missing on June 22 after Tina Careccia never showed up to her job at a construction company.

Their abandoned car later was found covered in dirt about a half-mile from their home in Maricopa, about 35 miles south of Phoenix.

Family and friends spent a week searching the desert for them before county sheriff's deputies interviewed Jose Ignacio Valenzuela. The deputies said statements he made led them to search his Maricopa property.

The bodies of the airline pilot and his accountant wife were discovered in a 6-foot-deep grave, according to investigators who also found a .22-caliber revolver believed to be the murder weapon.

They said Valenzuela, 38, borrowed a backhoe from an unsuspecting acquaintance to hide the bodies.

Valenzuela told investigators that he and the Careccia had been acquainted for the past two years and used methamphetamine together.

Last month, Valenzuela was indicted on two counts of first-degree murder by a grand jury. Prosecutors still are deciding whether to seek the death penalty.

James Mannato, a county public defender who is representing Valenzuela, didn't immediately return a call Friday for comment on the case.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...stem/71346684/

Hmmm.

Thread Information