Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit: 'Bring me young blood,' stalker told Westfield home buyers

Lawsuit: 'Bring me young blood,' stalker told Westfield home buyers

The first frightening letter came three days after the couple purchased the township home in June 2014 for $1.3 million, a "dream" house for themselves and their children.

"Why are you here? I will find out," read part of the letter, that was mysteriously sent by somebody identifying himself as "The Watcher."

"My grandfather watched the house in the 1920s and my father watched in the 1960s. It is now my time," the letter states, according to a lawsuit the couple filed in Superior Court in Elizabeth earlier this month.

The letters continued, becoming increasingly disturbing, according to the suit in which the couple says the prior owners were aware of "The Watcher." Just days before the closing, on May 24, 2014, the previous homeowners received a letter from him, but never disclosed that information, according to the suit.

So distressing were the messages that the new owners never moved into their dream home and are now trying to sell it without success because potential buyers are scared off after hearing of the messages, the suit states.

The couple is suing the prior owners, claiming they deliberately withheld knowledge of "The Watcher" over fears of losing the house sale. The couple is also suing the Chicago Title Insurance Company, and "The Watcher," though no real name or address is mentioned for him.

According to the court papers, "The Watcher" claims the right of possession, or ownership, or control of the house. In the letters, he refers to the prior owners by name and identifies the house by street address. The names of the current and the previous owners are being withheld by NJ Advance Media, along with the address of the house, for safety reasons.

"I am The Watcher and have been in control of (the house) for the better part of two decades now," one letter is quoted as saying.

Jack Feinstein, a lawyer and director of the Rutgers Civil Justice Clinic at Rutgers Law School in Newark, said the sellers are required to disclose latent defects in the house, that involves such issues and termite infestation. This kind of claim, about a possible stalker, is something completely different, said Feinstein who has 40 years of experience in real estate law.

"I've never seen this kind of allegation," He said of the claims in the lawsuit.

To make a case, the plaintiff would have to show how long the prior owners had known about the letters, and whether the messages appeared to be credible and could be taken as a serious threat, Feinstein said.

Charles Sullivan, a law professor at Seton Hall Law School, said some states have laws requiring the disclosure of tragic incidents that occurred in a house such as murders.
    "There's a duty on the part of the seller to disclose to the buyer any defect that would impact the marketability of a property," Sullivan said about laws in those other states.

But New Jersey does not have such laws, he said. "There probably would not be a duty to disclose this," Sullivan said referring to the letters in the Westfield case.

The first letter by "The Watcher" was received June 5, 2014, three days after the closing, included the statement "Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested? Once I know their names I will call to them and draw them to me. I asked the (prior owners) to bring me young blood."

The letter writer recalls when he "ran from room to room imagining the life with the rich occupants there."

"And now I watch and wait for the day when they (sp) young blood will be mine again," one letter read.

A subsequent letter received June 18, 2014, contained references of what might be in the house and veiled threats.

"Have they found what is in the walls yet? In time they will. I am pleased to know your names and the names now of the young blood you have brought to me," the letter reads.

"Will the young bloods play in the basement. Who has the rooms facing the street? I'll know as soon as you move in. It will help me to know who is in which bedroom then I can plan better," it says.

"All the windows and door in (the house) allow me to watch you and track you as you move through the house," it continues.

"I am in charge of (the house)."

Lee Levitt, the Parsippany attorney who filed the lawsuit for the current owners, did not return calls seeking a comment.
    http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/20..._westfiel.html

Holy Fucking Creepy.

Oh my Gosh! This would totally freak me out, too!

Really? I could pick any recent sold house. gather some info and do the same exact thing never having seen the house before.
    I'd be totally meh if I got a letter like that. As long as it stays with letters, keep writing them. Calling himself the watcher I'd be totally picturing Keanu Reeves sending me letters. Nothing wrong with that.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Loving your last two sentences! ☺

"So distressing were the messages that the new owners never moved into their dream home and are now trying to sell it without success because potential buyers are scared off after hearing of the messages, the suit states."

Maybe The Watcher is orchestrating an awesome scam to buy a cheap house. This story reminds me a bit of the Kathy Rowe case:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...m-with-terror/

I'd be scared shitless. Prank or not. That's creepy as fuck.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 06-22-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid_much View Post
    Really? I could pick any recent sold house. gather some info and do the same exact thing never having seen the house before.
    I'd be totally meh if I got a letter like that. As long as it stays with letters, keep writing them. Calling himself the watcher I'd be totally picturing Keanu Reeves sending me letters. Nothing wrong with that.
    Yeah. It'd be easy enough to do this. I'd let my dogs sniff the letters, tell them to be on the watch for this jerk and get on with my life.

It's the 21st century version of a heavy breather on the phone. Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    "So distressing were the messages that the new owners never moved into their dream home and are now trying to sell it without success because potential buyers are scared off after hearing of the messages, the suit states."

Maybe The Watcher is orchestrating an awesome scam to buy a cheap house. This story reminds me a bit of the Kathy Rowe case:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...m-with-terror/
    I agree....but the article said they are trying to resell the property and having trouble. Maybe the "watcher" swoops in with an offer a couple hundred grand lower than they are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I agree....but the article said they are trying to resell the property and having trouble. Maybe the "watcher" swoops in with an offer a couple hundred grand lower than they are asking?
    that's not unheard of. wasn't there something recently where a woman was stalking the people who 'bought her perfect house out from under her'?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    that's not unheard of. wasn't there something recently where a woman was stalking the people who 'bought her perfect house out from under her'?
    Or just someone with way too much time on their hands or are REALLY bored.

'I am The Watcher, bring me young blood': Family forced out of $1.3m dream home after being targeted by terrifying stalker

A New Jersey family say they've been forced out of their luxury home by a stalker who identifies himself as the home's 'Watcher' in letters threatening their children's safety.
    Maria and Derek Broaddus began receiving letters last month - just days after closing on the $1.3million dream home in the idyllic community of Westfield.
    'Why are you here? I will find out,' the letter read.
    'My grandfather watched the house in the 1920s and my father watched in the 1960s. It is now my time. Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested?'
    The letter is signed 'The Watcher'.
    It suggests 'The Watcher' has been monitoring the Broaddus family - which reports have not named - because he makes reference to their three young children.
    'Once I know their names I will call to them and draw them to me,' the stalker writes in the first letter dated June 5.
    In letters by 'The Watcher', he writes:
    'You have changed it and made it so fancy...it cries for the past and what used to be in the time when I roamed its halls...when I ran from room to room imagining the life with the rich occupants there...and now I watch and wait for the day when the young blood will be mine again...
    (The house) is turning on me it is coming after me...I am in charge of it...Let the young blood play again like I once did...Stop changing it and let it alone'
    'I asked the (prior owners) to bring me young blood. And now I watch and wait for the day when they (sp) young blood will be mine again.'
    Subsequent letters, reports NJ.com, have been even more threatening toward the couple's children.
    'Have they found what is in the walls yet? In time they will. I am pleased to know your names and the names now of the young blood you have brought to me,' one letter reads.
    'Will the young bloods play in the basement. Who has the rooms facing the street? I'll know as soon as you move in. It will help me to know who is in which bedroom then I can plan better.
    'All the windows and door in (the house) allow me to watch you and track you as you move through the house.
    'I am in charge of (the house).' The family, who have been too fearful to move into the home, are now suing the previous owners - John and Andrea Woods - on claims they knew about The Watcher and failed to disclose the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3e1tHse7T
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I was just reading about this. I think these people are being punked so hard.

I was just reading about this. I think these people are being punked so hard.
    Either that or they're doing the punking.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I think there's already a thread on this one, unless the same person is pulling this shit on a few people

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    I think there's already a thread on this one, unless the same person is pulling this shit on a few people
    I searched and couldn't find - maybe it was within another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I searched and couldn't find - maybe it was within another thread?
    Found and merged!

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Oh that fucking horrible asshole who tried to arrange for someone to rape the homeowner's wife.

http://6abc.com/news/woman-sentenced...-raped/472120/

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Oh that fucking horrible asshole who tried to arrange for someone to rape the homeowner's wife.

http://6abc.com/news/woman-sentenced...-raped/472120/
    Yeah I think she was on Dr. Phil as well
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

We just missed out on a house I really really really wanted and I joked about pulling this kinda shit to scare the new tenants off...but I didn't end up doing it because I'm not a fuckin psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    We just missed out on a house I really really really wanted and I joked about pulling this kinda shit to scare the new tenants off...but I didn't end up doing it because I'm not a fuckin psychopath.
    I was too late bidding on a house I wanted last year and my boss was like PRETEND TO BE A GANG AND SPRAY IT WITH GRAFFITTI and I was like uhhh

wow. people are insane. real crazy person or jealous person who missed out, they're insane!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

The Watcher threatened their children. I would be nuts, too. I am totally owning my freaked-outness! You guys are just cooler than me.

Yeah, reading what "The Watcher" wrote, I'd be pretty scared too. That's some crazy shit. But if there's any truth to what Looney is staying, can't they look up old records on the house and try to find this weirdo?? There has to be some sort of employment records for the older caretakers of the home, no?

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yeah, reading what "The Watcher" wrote, I'd be pretty scared too. That's some crazy shit. But if there's any truth to what Looney is staying, can't they look up old records on the house and try to find this weirdo?? There has to be some sort of employment records for the older caretakers of the home, no?
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean caretaker in a literal sense. Kinda like when I say that I am the caretaker of Johnny Depp's underwear drawer.

Know what I'm sayin'?

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Ahhh yes.

Thread Information