Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lawsuit: 'Bring me young blood,' stalker told Westfield home buyers

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean caretaker in a literal sense. Kinda like when I say that I am the caretaker of Johnny Depp's underwear drawer.

Know what I'm sayin'?
    Yep. Super creepy, and should probably be illegal

Didn't the Lutz family "have" to move out & sue the former owners or something like this too? Maybe these guys will get an Amityville Horror style book & movie deal to make up for their pain & suffering?

The Westfield Watcher

(not suggesting it's a scam, for some reason it just reminded me of them today & I'm being a jerk)

It's a shame, that's a pretty house. If It was just my husband and I and this had happened, I would be all meh and just keep a gun handy and some big ass dogs. But since I do have a kid, I wouldn't be able to live there just based on what he said about calling the kids to him and watching what rooms they live in. That's super creepy.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Also, note to self: Never, ever buy a house with a gambrel roof!

Yep. It's the new Amityville Horror.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/westfiel...stalker-tale-0

The Watcher” of Westfield probably didn’t have a movie deal in mind as he scribbled out eerie notes to the new owners of a $1.3 million home - but movie executives certainly do.

Big name production studios such as Blumhouse Productions, Dimension Films, New Line Cinema, and Universal are reportedly jumping at the opportunity to seal the deal on movie rights and get a storyline into production.

“Several different takes on the true terror tale are being pitched across the board, some unofficially, with rights still up in the air,” according to The Tracking Board, an industry news website.

Its also believed that well known action/thriller directors such as James Wan, known for Furious 7, and Bryan Bertino, known for The Strangers, are interested in developing a film adaptation of the story, according to Cinema Blend.

Like Something Straight From The Movies

While movie producers want to turn the story into a big-screen feature, the situation is a real-life nightmare for one New Jersey family.

It started in June of 2014, just days after a Westfield family closed on their $1.3 million “dream home.” As soon as three days after closing, disturbing letters began to show up from a stalker who identified himself as “The Watcher.”

The couple is now suing the original owners claiming they knew of “The Watcher’s” threatening letters, but did not disclose any information while selling the home.<<snipped>>

Also it's apparently very near the List home which is apparently adding to the creep factor (for some reason??)

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/20...unting_jo.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-18-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yep. It's the new Amityville Horror.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/westfiel...stalker-tale-0

Sure, spend millions of dollars on yet another shitty horror movie. Keep up the good work, movie studios

Also it's apparently very near the List home which is apparently adding to the creep factor (for some reason??)

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/20...unting_jo.html
    Sure, spend millions of dollars on yet another shitty horror movie. Keep up the good work, movie studios

Oh well. At least these poor people will be justly compensated for the horror that randomly befell them

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Oh well. At least these poor people will be justly compensated for the horror that randomly befell them
    Or bullshit they made up with the assistance of Lorraine Warren

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...market-n547286

Westfield, New Jersey, House With Alleged 'Watcher' Back on Market

Six bedrooms, four bathrooms, one stalker.

A Westfield, New Jersey, home supposedly afflicted with a "watcher" who sends menacing notes is back on the market — this time at a reduced price.

The homeowners, Derek and Maria Broaddus, say the "watcher" sent his first note to them and their three kids just three days after they closed on the $1.35 million home in 2014.

The Broadduses tried unsuccessfully to sell the home last year after they claim they received a disturbing letter that read in part: "My grandfather watched the house in the 1920s and my father watched in the 1960s. It is now my time."
    This Westfield, N.J. home supposedly stalked by an anonymous creepy-letter writer who goes by "The Watcher" is back on the market. Julio Cortez / AP

They said a second letter taunted: "Have they found what is in the walls yet? In time they will … I am pleased to know your names now and the name of the young blood you have brought to me."

The house was put up for sale again last week at a reduced price of $1,250,000, according to real estate website Zillow.com. The site said the couple originally tried to sell the home for about $1.5 million.

The listing says the house, located about 25 miles from New York City, is a "stately colonial designed with all the character and charm of the early 1900's."

The Broaddus family never moved into the home due to the letters and have sued the previous owners, claiming they knew but didn't disclose that someone had a "mentally disturbed fixation" on the house.

The former owners, John and Andrea Woods, allege the new owners made up the existence of the threatening letters and have filed to have the suit dismissed, according to NBC New York.

The Westfield Police Department is currently investigating the origin of the letters, David Wayman, a spokesman for the department, told NBC News on Tuesday.

Six bedrooms, four bathrooms, one stalker.

I still see no problem with living in this house....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I always say I would move into haunted/murder houses, but I think I would draw the line at the watcher house.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

A New Jersey family say they've been forced out of their luxury home by a stalker who identifies himself as the home's 'Watcher' in letters threatening their children's safety.
    Maria and Derek Broaddus began receiving letters last month - just days after closing on the $1.3million dream home in the idyllic community of Westfield.
    'Why are you here? I will find out,' the letter read.
    'My grandfather watched the house in the 1920s and my father watched in the 1960s. It is now my time. Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested?'
    The letter is signed 'The Watcher'.
    It suggests 'The Watcher' has been monitoring the Broaddus family - which reports have not named - because he makes reference to their three young children.
    'Once I know their names I will call to them and draw them to me,' the stalker writes in the first letter dated June 5.
    In letters by 'The Watcher', he writes:
    'You have changed it and made it so fancy...it cries for the past and what used to be in the time when I roamed its halls...when I ran from room to room imagining the life with the rich occupants there...and now I watch and wait for the day when the young blood will be mine again...
    (The house) is turning on me it is coming after me...I am in charge of it...Let the young blood play again like I once did...Stop changing it and let it alone'
    'I asked the (prior owners) to bring me young blood. And now I watch and wait for the day when they (sp) young blood will be mine again.'
    Subsequent letters, reports NJ.com, have been even more threatening toward the couple's children.
    'Have they found what is in the walls yet? In time they will. I am pleased to know your names and the names now of the young blood you have brought to me,' one letter reads.
    'Will the young bloods play in the basement. Who has the rooms facing the street? I'll know as soon as you move in. It will help me to know who is in which bedroom then I can plan better.
    'All the windows and door in (the house) allow me to watch you and track you as you move through the house.
    'I am in charge of (the house).' The family, who have been too fearful to move into the home, are now suing the previous owners - John and Andrea Woods - on claims they knew about The Watcher and failed to disclose the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3e1tHse7T
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What's up with all the different types of window in that house?

While it is creepy, it seems to be over the top, trying-too-hard kinda creepy. Definitely a hoax.
    Maybe the current owners are trying to get out of a mortgage they can't afford? They are trying to sue the previous owners. Not sure how they can win unless they can prove the prior owners got a letter, too.

So they bought it for $1.3 million and after the creepy letters claim, they were scared to move in so they tried to sell it for $1.5 million? Yeah, sounds like they made it up to get the story in the news, in hopes the home would become "famous" and someone would be willing to pay more and they could make some extra money.

Plan: backfired

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by sceawian View Post
    While it is creepy, it seems to be over the top, trying-too-hard kinda creepy. Definitely a hoax.
    Maybe the current owners are trying to get out of a mortgage they can't afford? They are trying to sue the previous owners. Not sure how they can win unless they can prove the prior owners got a letter, too.
    Even then it's doubtful. Ina post, it stated the law in that state says previous owners don't have to inform the new owners of anything (such as, if someone died there, etc.) so I'm betting they won't win the lawsuit.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    If the previous owners were stalked with letters like these, there would certainly be at least ONE police report regarding it. A simple google of the address would have some sort of paper trail with a "history" like is being claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    It's a beautiful home. I'd buy it...not for that much, but I'd buy it.

And the creepy little dicked fuck who is sending the letters needs the shit beat out of him. What a fucking l o s e r.

But seriously, I'm just here to say that Jumaki looks all grow'd up in his profile pic.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    If the previous owners were stalked with letters like these, there would certainly be at least ONE police report regarding it. A simple google of the address would have some sort of paper trail with a "history" like is being claimed.
    Exactly. IF they called police at all. Which if they didn't, I would seriously side-eye them.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Exactly. IF they called police at all. Which if they didn't, I would seriously side-eye them.
    Right? Since it sounds like multi-generational stalking here
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So they bought it for $1.3 million and after the creepy letters claim, they were scared to move in so they tried to sell it for $1.5 million? Yeah, sounds like they made it up to get the story in the news, in hopes the home would become "famous" and someone would be willing to pay more and they could make some extra money.
    Plan: backfired
    Agree.

There's a new article on this, I'd copy-paste it but it's lonnnnng.

& I was wrong on them cashing in via the movie. The details were changed just enough that they got nothing & also failed in their legal attempts to stop it - though maybe they were only trying to stop it so they could cash in with their own movie.

I won't mention any of the developments in this post because spoilers

https://web.archive.org/web/20181118...LuM9Lnu6CIURy0

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/12/us/th...rnd/index.html

One family's nightmare is over: They finally sold the home where they were terrorized by letters from "The Watcher."

Derek and Maria Broaddus moved all of their belongings into the Westfield, New Jersey, home between June and August 2014, but they never lived there because of the threatening letters.

The couple bought the home for $1,355,657. They spent about $100,000 on renovations, court documents show. They even attempted to get permission from the city's planning board to raze the house and divide the property into two lots. However, they were denied and put the house on the market.

They sold it in early July for approximately $959,000, according to Zillow, an online real estate database.

The Watcher wrote three letters to the Broaddus family shortly after they moved in, identifying details such as the family's car, the contractors whom they brought in to renovate and even the couple's three children.

"657 Boulevard is anxious for you to move in," one of the letters read, according to New York magazine. "It has been years and years since the young blood ruled the hallways of the house. Have you found all of the secrets it holds yet? Will the young blood play in the basement? Or are they too afraid to go down there alone. I would [be] very afraid if I were them. It is far away from the rest of the house. If you were upstairs you would never hear them scream.

"Will they sleep in the attic? Or will you all sleep on the second floor? Who has the bedrooms facing the street? I'll know as soon as you move in. It will help me to know who is in which bedroom. Then I can plan better."

In 2015, the couple tried to sue the previous tenants, John and Andrea Woods, over claims of fraudulent concealment, intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress and several other issues related to the sale of the property. The case was dismissed.

The Woodses lived in the house for 23 years without incident. But a few days before they moved out, they received a letter from "The Watcher." However, the Woodses claim that the letter was not threatening and that they discarded it.

The Woodses would not comment on the case or the home, according to their attorney, Richard Kaplow.

A neighbor at 633 Boulevard also reported receiving a letter signed by the Watcher in the same time frame that the Broaddus family received their letters, Derek Broaddus testified in the trial against the Woodses. No other details about that letter were released.

A neighbor identified a man living next door to him as a possible suspect. The Broaddus family hired a private investigator and an ex-FBI profiler to try to find the identity of the Watcher. Derek Broaddus testified that the profiler concluded that it was "someone in their 50s or 60s" and lived nearby; the private investigator staked out the area and believed that the neighbors didn't "seem normal."

The Westfield Police and the Union County prosecutor's office investigated, but no one was arrested. No suspects have been publicly identified.

Neither Westfield Police officer Leonard Lugo, who investigated the case for the Broaddus family, nor the family's attorney responded to a request for comment, and the new owners have not been identified.

According to Deadline, Netflix won a featured rights deal for the story.

& so we await the next episode of ... The Westfield Watcher duh duh duhhhh

Thread Information