Thread: Jamie Sangouthai (37) Died of Flesh-Eating Disease

Jamie Sangouthai (37) Died of Flesh-Eating Disease

Jamie Sangouthai, Lamar Odom's Friend, Died of Flesh-Eating Disease, Not OD

Jamie Sangouthai, the friend of former NBA basketball star Lamar Odom who passed away Sunday, died from a flesh-eating disease associated with his drug use, the Los Angeles County medical examiner's office told HollywoodLife.com Wednesday.

Sangouthai, 37, appeared on the reality television shows "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and "Khloe & Lamar" because of his connection with Odom, who was married to Khloe Kardashian.

"There are two causes . . . Necrotizing Fasciitis ? a skin disease and flesh-eating disease ? and Chronic Intravenous Narcotism . . . associated with dirty needles, injections, and drug use," Lt. Fred Corral, from the county's medical examiner's office, told HollywoodLife.com.

"He went to hospital complaining about swelling and pain in his left arm after using intravenous drugs several times a day for several years," Los Angeles County Coroner spokesperson Craig Harvey said in a statement Wednesday.

TMZ reported that the diseases that inflicted Sangouthai are associated with the use of dirty drug needles.

"The coroner says Sangouthai went to the hospital for the infected arm, but the disease spreads quickly and often becomes life-threatening," the celebrity gossip site reported.

A source told Us Weekly that Odom, who last played in the NBA during the 2012-13 season for the Los Angeles Clippers, is devastated by the loss of his friend.
    Special: New Probiotic Fat Burner Takes GNC by Storm
    "Lamar is beside himself," the source said. "This is the worst tragedy. He feels like it could have happened to him. This is a huge wake-up call for him. It has really shaken him."

Odom, who himself has been accused of using drugs, was signed to play for his former coach Phil Jackson with the New York Knicks last year but was mysteriously cut before ever playing a game for the team. Jackson, the Knicks president of basketball operations, told Ken Berger of CBS Sports that he doubted Odom's commitment.

Phil Jackson: "Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/jamie...#ixzz3dUOa5cH7
    Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

What a brutal, horrible way to go.

I've known people lose their legs to intravenous drug use.

Whilst I've always been honest on here that I have been in recovery myself, I will always be thankful that I had the foresight never to bang up, my first & foremost view being that there was no high was worth playing Russian Roulette with my life for, but reading this, makes me glad on a whole another level.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    What a brutal, horrible way to go.

I've known people lose their legs to intravenous drug use.

Whilst I've always been honest on here that I have been in recovery myself, I will always be thankful that I had the foresight never to bang up, my first & foremost view being that there was no high was worth playing Russian Roulette with my life for, but reading this, makes me glad on a whole another level.

I was wondering how he died. Very sad, but he always seemed like a dick.

Does anyone know if Lamar is sober or not?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information