Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Dead in Hate Crime at Historic Black Church in Charleston

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    There are actually some things people do have to agree on to be basic decent human beings, like empathy, compassion, and understanding.
    Yep. And you can't claim to have these things if you can find it in yourself to rationalize or defend anything about any of this.

Oh, and I really love all of the idiots on my feed are bringing themselves out of the closet over their rage that the confederate flag is being challenged. Because NOW it's actually "a battle flag", not a confederate flag. Funny how no one ever corrected anyone on this before... and um, WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT IT'S CALLED. What a pathetic attempt at deflecting attention from the fact that it's been widely used a symbol of what the south used to represent, which was slavery. 'And their upsettedness over not being able to have slavery no more.' It's a treasonous flag, since the south fought against the rest of the US and lost. Let it the fuck go, that flag has no place in our society anymore. Winners write history.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

yay treason bandwagon!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    There are actually some things people do have to agree on to be basic decent human beings, like empathy, compassion, and understanding.
    Well yea, for other human beings, obviously. Not these ghetto thugs.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

South Carolina State Senate Debate on the Confederate Flag

http://www.c-span.org/video/?326742-...nfederate-flag

I skimmed the thread & couldn't see it, so I hope I haven't reposted old footage.

It's the incredibly brutal, guns blazing, initial police approach when Dylann Roof was located & arrested

(Apologies if it's already here somewhere, I'll catch up soon)
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-24-2015 at 09:47 AM. Reason: uggh my fucking spelling lately

Exactly what I was thinking.

So not the Republican party, whose primary platforms are FUCK YOU GET OUT OF MY WAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Yep. And you can't claim to have these things if you can find it in yourself to rationalize or defend anything about any of this.

Oh, and I really love all of the idiots on my feed are bringing themselves out of the closet over their rage that the confederate flag is being challenged. Because NOW it's actually "a battle flag", not a confederate flag. Funny how no one ever corrected anyone on this before... and um, WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT IT'S CALLED. What a pathetic attempt at deflecting attention from the fact that it's been widely used a symbol of what the south used to represent, which was slavery. 'And their upsettedness over not being able to have slavery no more.' It's a treasonous flag, since the south fought against the rest of the US and lost. Let it the fuck go, that flag has no place in our society anymore. Winners write history.
    Sorry for the double post.

They are just butthurt that they now can't buy their limited edition Dale Jr. Confederate flag t-shirt Since Wal-Mart, Amazon, and where ever else banned sales of anything with the flag on it

I can't find any media reports on this but maybe someone else can (or not, it could be shit)

Also, I'm not sure whether to put this stuff here or in the flag thread, they relate to both really but it's pretty much guaranteed at the moment that I'll pick the wrong one

I think this is actually up to 5 now

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...he-past-5-days

Ahem.... it is 2015 in much of America: It's still 1963 in the South, apparently.

Following the Attack on Emanuel AME, Two Recent Fires at Black Churches Strike at the Heart of Black America

In Charlotte, N.C., authorities say a June 24 fire at Briar Creek Baptist Church was the result of arson and is being investigated as a possible hate crime. NBC News reported that more than 75 firefighters were needed to extinguish the three-alarm fire, and an hour passed before the blaze was under control. Two firefighters received medical treatment for heat-related injuries. The church sustained $250,000 in damage, including a collapsed ceiling and significant damage to a space used for a children?s summer camp. The sanctuary was spared, sustaining smoke damage along with the gymnasium.
    A June 23 fire at God?s Power Church of Christ, a predominantly Black church in Macon, Ga., has been ruled as arson, although there is no indication it was a hate crime. As was reported in the Macon Telegraph, the front doors of the church were locked and wired shut when authorities arrived, but a side door was unlocked. The Federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives was called, as is the case with church fires, and authorities also noted that electronics and other air conditioning equipment had been stolen from the church in two burglaries. A $10,000 reward is available through the Georgia Arson Hotline for information leading to the arrest of an arsonist.

According to this report at Raw Story 'hate crime' has yet to be suggested to determined
    Macon-Bibb County fire Sergeant Ben Glea*ton told the newspaper that while the investigation into Tuesday?s fire at the God?s Power Church of Christ continues, enough evidence had been discovered to rule the blaze had been deliberately set.
    The arson ruling came a day after North Carolina authorities said a predominantly black church in Charlotte was purposefully burned, and roughly a week after a white gunman opened fire in an African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, killing nine people.

*- - - -

Gleaton told the Telegraph newspaper there was nothing yet to suggest that the fire at the Macon church was a hate crime.

And today, Early Morning Fire Destroys Tallahassee Church

June 26, 2015
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- An early morning fire has destroyed a Tallahassee church.

Firefighters responded to the blaze around 5:20 a.m. at Greater Miracle Apostolic Holiness Church near the intersection of Wakulla Street and Campbell Street.

No one is believed to have been in the church at the time of the fire. Power lines were also down in the area.

The church was described as completely destroyed on the inside.
    South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida*. [UPDATE 11:49 am]

Florida fire, per an update a few minutes ago (1128 am EST) is that the fire was electrical, caused by a limb falling on power lines. Title updated to reflect this.
    Just a bunch of coincidences?
    I, of course, think not.

What are the FBI and the N$A doing to deal with what would appear to even the dullest creature as a pattern ?

Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Louisiana *should be considering increasing surveillance on their black churches.

[UPDATE]
    Make that 4 Black Churches

South Carolina, again.

FBI called in on Aiken County church fire
    Multiple agencies, including the FBI, are investigating a fire that destroyed an Aiken County church.
    Midland Valley firefighters were called to the fire at Glover Grove Baptist Church on Project Road in Warrenville about 3:30 a.m. When they arrived the fire was already fully involved, according to a sheriff?s office news release. It took about an hour to extinguish the flames.

Forensic investigators, along with the South Carolina Highway Patrol and the FBI, are investigating to determine the origin of the fire.

Nope, it's 6 now according to a bunch of tweets I just saw

Here's a link

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...urce=SFTwitter

Last edited by blighted star; 06-28-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I can't find any media reports on this but maybe someone else can (or not, it could be shit)

Also, I'm not sure whether to put this stuff here or in the flag thread, they relate to both really but it's pretty much guaranteed at the moment that I'll pick the wrong one

I think this is actually up to 5 now

Nope, it's 6 now according to a bunch of tweets I just saw

Fucking stupid, backwards hillbillies.

The sister of the man accused of killing nine people at Emanuel AME Church has launched an online campaign to raise money to pay for her wedding and honeymoon after a planned June ceremony had to be cancelled in the wake of the massacre.

Amber Roof has started a Go Fund Me page and is asking for $5,000 to ?cover lost wedding costs, to pay bills, and to send us on our dream honeymoon.? She pledged to donate 10 percent of the money raised to Emanuel AME Church.

http://www.gofundme.com/xye8a4v
    Dear Family & Friends,

As many of you know Michael and I had to abruptly cancel our wedding day, due to the tragedy that occurred in Charleston. June 21st was suppose to be the happiest day of our lives. It is the day every girl dreams of, it was the day we dreamed of. We had each other, we have the perfect venue, and we had our vows ready to be read. We were ready! We had planned out every detail for months and months. It was going to be the PERFECT day!

Our wedding day was suppose to be the most important and special day of our lives. It was suppose to start our lives together with our new family. Our day was the exact opposite. Our wedding day was full of sorrow, pain, and shame, tainted by the actions of one man.

The Charleston Massacre took place and our lives were forever changed. The media abused our privacy and published all of our wedding information and destroyed our dream day. Destroying the first day of Michael and my life together.

We cancelled our wedding to protect our family and mourn the lives of those lost. Many friends and family members came into town and took time off of work to be there for us. We could not ask you to do that again.

We would like the chance to start our lives on a postive note. Therefore, we have decided to start a Go Fund Me account. We know money cannot replace the wedding we lost and our perfect day, however it will help us to create new memories and a new start with our new family.

Money raised will be used to cover lost wedding costs, to pay bills, and to send us on our dream honeymoon. 10% of all funds raised will be donated to Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. We thank you for any contrabution you can make.

Our lives have been forever changed and touched by all the love and support you have shown us through this difficult time. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS! GOD BLESS!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...eston-massacre
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me.

That go fund me is ME ME ME ME US ME ME ME. gofuckyerself.

ETA: Here's a comment from about 1 minute ago that will probably be deleted from their page:
    I see that you have deleted the comments that you didn?t like. Well, there?s more than one way to get this done. Thank you, anonymous person, who posted this originally. I will share your comment for the world to see. Well worth the 5 bucks! May you have the honeymoon that you so richly deserve! ?This has to be the most self-centered and insensitive fundraising page I?ve ever encountered and I?m shocked that gofundme hasn?t erased you from their existence already!? one woman posted. ?I can?t imagine the anguish and sorrow that your own brother has inflicted on so many wonderful and kind people and all the while, you are fantasizing about letting others fund your honeymoon!!? ?THE NERVE OF YOU!!!? another commenter said. ?If its just about getting married then go to the court house. But how dare u set up a gofundme under these circumstances.?
    And I agree.
    Last edited by debk589; 07-02-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Campaign Not Found.

Boom.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Campaign Not Found.

Boom.
    Well that was quick.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah. On one hand I understand that she shouldn't have to suffer because of the actions of her Brother, but on the other it's SERIOUSLY poor taste and self centred. If it's that important to her, wait a year and plan another wedding. Save up in the meantime. I personally wouldn't enjoy my honeymoon knowing that I begged for the money to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm glad the news is focusing on the real victim here!

Campaign Not Found.

Boom.
    i didn't even get a chance to see it. i wonder if she deleted it herself. ugh, assholes.

She would be better off doing a tell all interview for $$$ and outing her brother as a defective bed wetter.

Eh, this doesn't outrage at all or anything. Yes, it was stupid for her to dom and self centered, but there was in no way any malace in it or anything. Her and her wedding were just collateral damage from what her brother did.

It's totally inappropriate and insensitive. How about donating money to the families of the people her brother slaughtered or just giving it some fucking breathing room? Ridic.

or she could have tried to just make a go fund me that says, our wedding had to be cancelled at the last minute so we are hoping to get some help to plan the new one.

her fatal flaw was even attempting to connect it to the shootings. the 10 percent donation just looks like a ploy to get the money.

If your wedding has to be rescheduled because your white supremacist brother shot and killed a bunch of innocent people, at the very least, restrict your begging to friends and family. Don't ask the general public. Yuck.

well, you have a point.

If your wedding has to be rescheduled because your white supremacist brother shot and killed a bunch of innocent people, at the very least, restrict your begging to friends and family. Don't ask the general public. Yuck.
    I totally agree. Just saying, I'm reserving my outrage for the person who deserves it, is all.

Alleged Charleston Killer Dylann Roof's Trial Set for Next July

At a hearing this morning, a judge announced that the trial for alleged Charleston shooter Dylann Roof has been tentatively set for July 11, 2016. Ninth Circuit Judge J.C. Nicholson also extended a gag order that prevents law enforcement agencies from releasing information-including 911 calls, photos, and police reports-about the June 17th massacre at Charleston's Emanuel AME Church until at least next Wednesday.

Ashley Pennington, Roof's attorney, told Nicholson that she doesn't expect her client to plead insanity, though she expressed some concern that trial's start date might be too early.

Nicholson cited Roof's right to a fair trial and an unbiased jury when extending the gag order. Charleston's Post and Courier and the Associated Press have filed motions against the order, which prevents police from responding to FOIA requests. From the Post and Courier:

As the case heads toward trial, Nicholson's order halted police agencies from honoring requests for the records that news media made under the S.C. Freedom of Information Act.

But attorneys for The Post and Courier filed a motion to intervene, challenging Nicholson's order as broad and misdirected. Columbia attorney Jay Bender, who represents the newspaper and the S.C. Press Association, cited past rulings, arguing that the proper way for the court to ensure a fair trial was through voir dire, the process through which jurors are selected.

Roof has been charged with nine counts of murder, three counts of attempted murder, and one one count of possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime. If convicted, he could be sentenced to death.

http://gawker.com/alleged-charleston...-ne-1718245799
    Last edited by luvit; 07-16-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Thread Information