Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Dead in Hate Crime at Historic Black Church in Charleston

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

9 Dead in Hate Crime at Historic Black Church in Charleston

Emergency crews respond to the scene of a shooting in downtown Charleston, S.C., on June 17, 2015.
    CHARLESTON, S.C. ? Nine people have died in a shooting at a historic black church in Charleston, S.C., police said early Thursday morning.

"I do believe this was a hate crime," Police Chief Gregory Mullen said.
    Eight people died on the scene at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church and one person was pronounced dead at a hospital, Mullen said.

Among the dead was the state senator who was pastor of the church, Democrat Clementa Pinckney, WCBD reported. Pinckney, 41, was married with two children and had served in the state Senate since 2000, according to online biographies.
    People were taking part in a prayer meeting at the time of the incident, Mayor Joe Riley said during the press conference.
    "This is inexplicable," Riley said. "It is the most intolerable and unbelievable act possible ... The only reason someone could walk into church and shoot people praying is out of hate."
    Lisa Doctor joins a prayer circle early June 18, 2015, down the street from the Emanuel AME Church following a shooting Wednesday night in Charleston, S.C.
    Said Police Chief Mullen: "This is a tragedy that no community should have to experience. It is senseless. It is unfathomable that someone would walk into a church when people are having a prayer meeting and take their lives."

Emanuel is the oldest AME church in the South and has one of the oldest and largest black congregations south of Baltimore, according to its website. Denmark Vesey, executed for attempting to organize a major slave rebellion in 1822, was one of the founders.

The shooting took place at about 9 p.m. ET, Charleston police said. The gunman is still on the loose, they said.
    The suspect is a clean-shaven white male about 21 years old with sandy blond hair, and is wearing a gray sweatshirt or hoodie, blue jeans and Timberland boots, officials said.
    Pinckney was a native of Beaufort, S.C., and graduated magna cum laude from Allen University in 1995. He received a master's of divinity degree from the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary and a master's degree in public administration from the University of South Carolina. He was elected to the South Carolina House in 1996, when he was 23, and was elected to the state Senate in 2000.
    Community organizer Christopher Cason said he believed the shootings were racially motivated, the Associated Press reported. "I am very tired of people telling me that I don't have the right to be angry," he said. "I am very angry right now."
    In a statement, Gov. Nikki Haley asked people to pray for the victims and their families.
    "While we do not yet know all of the details, we do know that we'll never understand what motivates anyone to enter one of our places of worship and take the life of another," she said.From USA Today

http://usat.ly/1LgrsTr
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 06-17-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 06-17-2015 at 11:14 PM.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Well I can't read the story but I saw the news. 9 people and gets away. I have to go military. If I remember correctly he shot 9 and all died? That is very precise then to escape. We shall see. I had Jen Bush was supposed to be there tomorrow but he canceled. Why would he do that?? He should have come up tonight and prayed with them . It's the right thing to do.

Wow... Really?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

What the fuck is going on in America?

The 1960s called, they want their assorted hate crimes back.

The Reverend Clementa Pinckney has been confirmed as one of the dead

This is the shooter

What a terrible fucking haircut. He should be easy to spot with that fucking mop, not in an Amish buggy.

This saddens me to know end. I've no other words.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    The Reverend Clementa Pinckney has been confirmed as one of the dead

This is the shooter

Just wanna go on record and say THIS IS NOT SOME EX MILITARY DUDE. For fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Well I can't read the story but I saw the news. 9 people and gets away. I have to go military. If I remember correctly he shot 9 and all died? That is very precise then to escape.
    Not necessarily, Martin Bryant shot and killed 35 people and apparently has an IQ less than 70. Although you'd probably find the conspiracy theories on that one interesting.

I second housemouse, what the actually fuck is going on.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Terrorist.

Wait, has the media started making excuses yet? Lone wolf? Single shooter? Mentally ill?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Nope, not ex-military, just a hateful fucker. I hope they catch him. Fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Terrorist.

Wait, has the media started making excuses yet? Lone wolf? Single shooter? Mentally ill?
    Look at that haircut, Ron. Obvs.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Look at that haircut, Ron. Obvs.
    Um, that haircut is clearly the work of terrorists.

The shooter in Charleston, South Carolina who killed nine people Wednesday night spent almost an hour inside the church with them before opening fire, the police chief revealed in a press conference Thursday morning.

Police Chief Greg Mullen said the white suspect was in a meeting for about an hour inside the Emanuel AME Church, a historically black church, before he began shooting. The time stamps on new images of the suspect show him entering the church at 8:17 pm; the shooting was reported at 9:05 pm.

The images also show his possible getaway car, which Mullen said has a “distinctive front license plate.”

Six women and three men were killed. Eight were dead when police arrived on the scene, and the ninth was taken to the hospital where he or she later died. Mullen revealed Thursday morning that there were three survivors who police have been communicating with. None of the identities of any of the victims or survivors have been made public besides the church’s pastor, State Sen. Clementa Pinckney, who was among those killed. A black cloth was placed over his chair in the Senate in Charleston.

“This tragedy we are describing right now is indescribable,” Mullen said in the press conference. “No one in this community will ever forget this night.”

Mullen describes the suspect as a white male, about 5 feet 9 in. tall and between 21 and 25 years old. The FBI is being called in to help with the manhunt, and police are currently treating the shooting as a hate crime.

“This is a very dangerous individual,” Mullen said in a 6am press conference Thursday.

Rev John Paul Brown, a Charleston minister, urged the community not to retaliate for the attack. “At this point there is so much healing that is needed, he told WBTV. “As a faith community we would kill everything that we stand for [if we resorted to violence].”

This attack comes two months after the fatal shooting of Walter Scott, an unarmed black man, by a white police officer in neighboring North Charleston, which ignited racial tensions in the state and around the country.

I hope that distinctive plate nails him. Today.

Ugh how awful. What the fuck is right...
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Uugghhh prolly another Obama hatin' redneck from the sunny state of SC. Thank God, that I'm not actually from here. I am a transplanted Louisiana Cajun, definitely don't want to be clumped in with these illiterate fuckers. I can understand why someone would fake being black, it gets embarrassing to be white sometimes.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Did they say what is on the front license plate? Don't you think that would help people find him?

Suspect identified:http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/susp...nn-storm-roof/

Suspect in Charleston church terror attack identified as Dylann Storm Roof

TRAVIS GETTYS
    18 JUN 2015 AT 10:17 ET

Authorities have identified Dylann Storm Roof as the suspected terrorist in an attack on black South Carolina church.

Federal authorities confirmed the 21-year-old was wanted in the Wednesday night shooting that left nine worshipers dead after a prayer service at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston.

The Eastover, South Carolina, man was most recently arrested in April on a trespassing charge, and he was also arrested in March on Lexington County drug charges.

Roof, who remains at large, is believed to be driving a black Hyundai Elantra with the South Carolina license plate LGF-330.

His last known address is in the 10,000 block of Garners Ferry Road in Eastover.

Roof’s Facebook profile reveals little about him, but he is wearing a jacket with patches flags from the white rule-eras of South Africa and Rhodesia.

He is friends with 89 people on the social network, about a third of whom are black.

A survivor of the mass shooting said the gunman expressed anger at black people as he reloaded and continued shooting.

“You rape our women and you’re taking over our country — and you have to go,” the terrorist said, according to a survivor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html

The white gunman sought by police for shooting dead nine people during a bible study meeting at an African-American church in South Carolina last night has been named as Dylann Storm Roof.

The 21-year-old, who remains on the run since the horrific massacre at the 150-year-old Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, reloaded his gun five times as he picked off his victims - killing six men and three women - according to one survivor.

On Thursday, a cousin of one of the victims, Reverend and South Carolina State Senator Clementa Pinckney, told NBC News that she had spoken to one of the survivors who recounted the gunman's chilling words as they urged him to stop.

'He just said: "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go",' Sylvia Johnson said.

Roof, from Columbia, spared one woman so she could 'tell the world what happened', eye witnesses recounted, while a five-year-old girl also survived the attack after her grandmother told her to play dead when the shooter started firing.

Police have launched a massive manhunt for the gunman and have released surveillance images showing him and his car.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 06-18-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 06-18-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Another loser terrorist who has been told that his whiteness is sacred, and that he's the victim.

This is what happens when you are bombarded with right wing radio telling you how 13% of the population wants to murder you.

ETA: Oh, and 100% of Muslims. Basically If you're a straight, white, Christan male in America, THE SKY IS FALLING.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 06-18-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Sorry, Ron! Was posting when you were posting.

Not To Take Away From The Gravity Of The Situation, But A MUSHROOM Cut? Tacky
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

At least they're actually calling him a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Well I can't read the story but I saw the news. 9 people and gets away. I have to go military. If I remember correctly he shot 9 and all died? That is very precise then to escape. We shall see. I had Jen Bush was supposed to be there tomorrow but he canceled. Why would he do that?? He should have come up tonight and prayed with them . It's the right thing to do.
    Your answer is in your question.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Thread Information