Thread: Man in jail after killing his dog that attacked his daughter

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Man in jail after killing his dog that attacked his daughter

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/29...Bppvg.facebook

PHOENIX (KSAZ) - A 4-year-old girl was left with serious injuries after she was attacked by the family dog.

The girl's father came to her rescue, but his actions have landed him in big trouble.

He says he did what he had to do in the spur of the moment, shooting and killing the dog moments after it attacked his daughter.

But because of his criminal history, he's not allowed to have a gun, and now he's facing felony charges.

4-year-old Zaynah Ford is still in the hospital after she was mauled on the head by the family dog, a pit-bull named Tobin. The attack happened moments after getting out of the swimming pool of her grandmother's home in Phoenix on Saturday.

Her father Chris ran to help after hearing his daughter screaming.

"My baby is bleeding, I can't even see her face, I don't know where all the blood is coming from, I just see a big hole in her head... I pulled him off my daughter; I threw him, as soon as I threw him I grabbed my daughter and ran inside," said Chris Ford.

It is what Chris did next that had him facing felony charges.

"I shot down; I shot my own dog four times because he attacked my daughter," said Ford.

Chris said he grabbed his mother's rifle and shot Tobin four times after calling 9-1-1.

"I stood back about right here, and at that point I fired down, and you could see the bullet hole, fired down there, fired down there, fired down there, and fire down there," he said.

Because he had a prior felony conviction for ID theft in 2004, Chris is not allowed to have a gun, so he's facing one felony charge for that as well as endangerment and animal cruelty charges.

He says he felt he had no other choice, and was trying to protect his family.

"I felt that it was my responsibility at that point because if he was a killer dog, he was still part of my family," said Ford.

Chris says the dog and his daughter were together every day, and he says he never saw any signs of aggression before. The little girl's skull was punctured in the attack, and she will have permanent disfigurement from the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

He's facing charges for illegally possessing a weapon, not shooting a dog. Kind of misleading.

He seems pretty loose with the trigger, such that he went BACK outside and shot four times after getting his daughter away and inside and making a phone call. People who do that probably shouldn't have guns. And for someone who hasn't handled a gun in 10+ years (sure), he was pretty confident and quick under pressure.

Oh, and POOR PUPPY! Thats what you're waiting for, right?
    I'm okay with the dog ending up dead in this case. Sucks for the family anyway. But dude-o should not have a gun.

I'd have shot that dog. A hundred times. Fuck that.

But, yeah, if he wasn't supposed to have a gun, this is the price he has to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

What Fleta said.

And I'm guessing his pattern of bad decision making translated much into his efforts in properly training and handling a dog.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

The dog would probably have been put down anyway, not that it makes it right to shoot him. Sucks that he put himself in a position to break the law. I doubt he'll get out anytime soon, which sucks for his daughter. She has a long road ahead of her, and he won't be there. Huge emotional and financial burden on his family
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    The dog would probably have been put down anyway, not that it makes it right to shoot him. Sucks that he put himself in a position to break the law. I doubt he'll get out anytime soon, which sucks for his daughter. She has a long road ahead of her, and he won't be there. Huge emotional and financial burden on his family
    Next time you need help, call a crackhead.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

if I saw a pit bull attack my baby in the face and she was bleeding and screaming I would beat his head in with a shovel and I am a peaceful person by nature. Not standing up for a felon with a gun but I hope she is ok.

Was the gun at his house or gramma's house??? If it was at grammas house and he was living there that is a no-no. But every time a gunowner has a guest does he have to make sure he hasn't invited a convicted felon?

But because of his criminal history, he's not allowed to have a gun, and now he's facing felony charges.

4-year-old Zaynah Ford is still in the hospital after she was mauled on the head by the family dog, a pit-bull named Tobin. The attack happened moments after getting out of the swimming pool of her grandmother's home in Phoenix on Saturday.

Her father Chris ran to help after hearing his daughter screaming.

"My baby is bleeding, I can't even see her face, I don't know where all the blood is coming from, I just see a big hole in her head... I pulled him off my daughter; I threw him, as soon as I threw him I grabbed my daughter and ran inside," said Chris Ford.

It is what Chris did next that had him facing felony charges.

"I shot down; I shot my own dog four times because he attacked my daughter," said Ford.

Chris said he grabbed his mother's rifle and shot Tobin four times after calling 9-1-1.

I also read somewhere that if you stick a finger (or object) in a fighting dogs bunghole he will let go.

SWSNBN - if the dog had your baby in its' mouth, hitting the dog in the head with a shovel would likely further injure your child.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

ew ew ew. finger a dogs bunghole? i'll take my chances with the shovel.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Was the gun at his house or gramma's house??? If it was at grammas house and he was living there that is a no-no. But every time a gunowner has a guest does he have to make sure he hasn't invited a convicted felon?

I also read somewhere that if you stick a finger (or object) in a fighting dogs bunghole he will let go.

SWSNBN - if the dog had your baby in its' mouth, hitting the dog in the head with a shovel would likely further injure your child.
    I'd have to assume they were living, or at least staying there as the dog was his dog too. And as I understand it, the minute you touch the gun, even to dust around it say. You are "in possession" so the minute he grabbed it, in the unlikely event it actually did belong to his mother, he was done.

I've got to say, I've broken up dog fights and I can't imagine catching up with one long enough to do a "turn your head and cough" maneuver. I think a blanket or towel whipped around the animal would work better (kind of like a straight jacket)
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    ew ew ew. finger a dogs bunghole? i'll take my chances with the shovel.
    Right???

Shovel might not help. We had a stray dog jump our fence several years ago and attack my dog. I'm not sure what type of dog it was, but it was very pit bull looking. Big and beefy. Both my ex and my neighbor tried to pry this dog off my dog to no avail. He latched onto her, locked his jaws, and was tearing her to pieces. My ex pulled a fence post out of the ground and beat the dog until it let go, and he ran off with nary an issue. We called Animal Control and they came and caught him.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

If you pick a dog up by it's back legs, they will almost always release what they are fighting with. I think the shooting could have been avoided in this instance because he got the dog off her and went into the house to grab the gun. A simple call to animal control would have removed the dog. I'm sure it would be put down but at least the guy wouldn't have to be in jail. Unfortunate situation, I hope the little girl is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

why do people allow pitt bulls around kids? Oh right he's a felon with no job, no life, and breeds these animals to fight and kill but kills it when it attacks..... These scum.

I mean after the baby was free of his jaws. I can't imagine shoving my finger in a vicious dogs ass but if it saves my kids life I guess I am game.... Could I just kick him really hard in the nuts?

Thread Information