Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: Dee Dee Blanchard (48) Found Deceased; Facebook Post Led To Discovery of Body

First episode is up now.

Just watched it tonight. I’m liking it so far.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Ty! I just saw it on the Hulu home page. Hopefully she will be home soon.

I'm really impressed with Joey King's portrayal of Gypsy.

That said, it's a disturbing show to watch. So fucking sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Just finished second episode. This show is really well done and the acting is amazing. They picked the perfect people to portray the characters. It?s riding the line between drama and subtle horror.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I'm really impressed with Joey King's portrayal of Gypsy.

That said, it's a disturbing show to watch. So fucking sad.
    I know, it's disturbing to witness watch Gypsy suffering. I'm very impressed with Hulu.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Also into it! I’m confused though as I’m new to Hulu and used to Netflix. Do they put episodes out every week instead of a season at a time? Or is this not a season type show?

Was there really a Lacey-type neighbor in real life?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Also into it! I’m confused though as I’m new to Hulu and used to Netflix. Do they put episodes out every week instead of a season at a time? Or is this not a season type show?

Was there really a Lacey-type neighbor in real life?
    I think there?s going to be a new episode every Wednesday. As for the friendship thing I?ve read conflicting reports, some have said she never was able to have a friendship because of her mom and some articles have said she did have a gf she confided in.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ct/3314345002/

During a phone call from the family home in Cut Off, Louisiana late Friday, Gypsy Blanchard's stepmother confirmed that the Blanchard family and a business partner are considering legal action against the creators of "The Act," a fictional Hulu show based on Blanchard's life.

Gypsy Blanchard did not participate in the making of the star-studded Hulu show, she and family members have said. On Friday, Kristy Blanchard, Gypsy's stepmother, told the News-Leader they are upset at Michelle Dean, a writer and producer tied to "The Act."

They say Dean cut off contact with the Blanchards while "The Act" was in development. They had been promised some of the proceeds from the show, the family said, and earlier, they had cooperated with Dean as she reported a 2016 BuzzFeed piece about the case. They also said there were no plans for Gypsy to profit from any TV proceeds, but they hoped to create a "nest egg" for her care following her prison release. (Gypsy won't be eligible for parole for several years.)

"I reached out to Michelle, but she's blocked me on everything," including Instagram and Facebook, Kristy Blanchard told the News-Leader late Friday. "I sent her a voicemail, 'Hi, how you doing?' Nothing rude, and when she called my phone, and I think when she recognized it was from Louisiana, she hung up the phone right away."

That call took place in September, Kristy said. The family also sent Hulu a certified letter, which was returned unopened, they said. (The News-Leader reached out to Hulu and Dean for comment but has yet to hear back.)

"We are looking into what our legal rights would be," said Franchesca Macelli, a screenwriter that the Blanchards are working with to develop a rival TV drama, dubbed "By Proxy."

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I think there?s going to be a new episode every Wednesday. As for the friendship thing I?ve read conflicting reports, some have said she never was able to have a friendship because of her mom and some articles have said she did have a gf she confided in.
    Her name is Aleah

https://www.yourtango.com/2019323014...ds-best-friend

https://www.eonline.com/news/1032042...os-and-details

Gypsy Rose Blanchard, who rose to notoriety after the 2015 murder of her mother Dee Dee Blanchard, is engaged.

The 27-year-old accepted a proposal from a man she met through her prison's pen pal program, a family-friend and representative for Blanchard tells E! News.

"I mean it's something that she's been keeping under wraps for a little bit," Fancy Macelli shared. "It's very exciting for her, she's very excited."

She adds that Gypsy is keeping the details of the proposal private, but says that Gypsy and her suitor were "very practical" about their decision.

Macelli says that Blanchard's and her future husband are going to wait until her release from prison to wed.

That is just one item on Gypsy's to-do list once she leaves prison, including a shopping trip to buy a real engagement ring to replace her temporary one. Fancy explains, "Another inmate was getting divorced and gave her that for her to just have, so that she could feel good about it."

"They'll go together and pick out rings, obviously later, at a time when she's out and they could do that and have their own intimate moment."
    Gypsy Rose Blanchard, Engagement Ring

Fancy Macelli

Chemistry between Gypsy and her fianc? first sparked when Macelli says he saw a documentary about her story and decided to reach out with some words of encouragement.

"That turned into a relationship through email," she shares, "and then he went and visited her... That was the beginning of this friendship, which turned into something more than a friendship. At the beginning of this year they decided to get engaged."

Good for her.

I don’t feel like wading through the thread, how much time did she get?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Good for her.

I don’t feel like wading through the thread, how much time did she get?
    She took a plea of ten years.

Thread Information