Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NAACP leader of Washington state chapter Rachel Dolezal leaned on adoptive kid brothers to help her lie about being black

NAACP leader of Washington state chapter Rachel Dolezal leaned on adoptive kid brothers to help her lie about being black

Living a lie was full-time work for Rachel Dolezal, the Montana-born white woman who in recent years moved through the world as a black civil rights activist.

Dolezal, 37, head of the NAACP?s Spokane chapter since January, leaned on her two adoptive kid brothers ? both African-American ? to abet her long-running racial ruse.

She posted a picture of a black couple on her Facebook page, announcing them as her parents ? while her real mom and pop were actually white and living in Montana.

The African studies instructor eventually severed ties with her biological parents, telling a local television station they hadn?t spoken in years.

?What I say to them is, ?I don?t give two sh---- about what you guys think,?? she said in a Thursday interview with KREM-TV. ?You?re so far done and gone out of my life ... I do not talk to (them) anymore.?

Sibling Ezra recalled how his sister asked him not to ?blow my cover? before a 2012 visit, and then criticized her strange double-life as akin to wearing blackface.

?She?s basically creating more racism,? he told The Washington Post. ?It?s a farce, really, is what it is.?

But Dolozel, in her TV interview, didn?t hesitate when asked asked if she identified herself as African-American despite her family tree.

?I don?t like the term African-American,? she said. ?I prefer black. If it was asked, I would definitely say I do consider myself to be black.?

The racial controversy was coupled Friday with an announcement from Spokane police that they were suspending their probes into all racial harassment complaints filed by Dolezal.

A release of local police records showed cops felt Dolezal?s claim of discovering an envelope stuffed with racist material in the NAACP post office was sketchy at best.

The envelope was never canceled or time-stamped, and was placed in a box accessible only to postal workers.

?I do not have any reason to believe that any of these employees were involved,? wrote the investigating detective without pointing any fingers.

Dolezal had previously made two police complaints about nooses left at her home, and a third about a swastika taped to the door of the Human Rights Education Institute in Washington state.

Police found no suspects and made no arrests in any of the cases.

The explosion of insane interest came after Dolezal?s parents revealed the truth about their daughter?s race to anyone who would listen, blowing up the Twitterverse as the beleaguered Dolezal hunkered down and hid.

?Rough day,? she wrote Friday on Facebook. ?Eaten alive on Twitter ... harassed at home and work. Media coming by the house at all hours.?

She thanked her friends for their support, and recounted a ?heart to heart? talk with members of the NAACP executive committee.

Dolezal said she ?will be addressing the Spokane NAACP membership and all my friends soon.? The activist ? whose Twitter handle is ?@HarlmRenaissance? ? otherwise avoided the spotlight.

Her parents, Ruthanne and Lawrence Dolezal, produced childhood photos of a blonde, blue-eyed, freckled Rachel ? a stark contrast with the adult activist, who sports dark curly hair and light brown skin.

?She would put her hair in long extensions and do African hairstyles, and she liked to identify with the culture,? her mother Ruthanne Dolezal told the Daily News.

?But she was who she was.?

Despite her Montana roots and European ethnicity, Dolezal embraced black culture and married a black man in May 2000. She attended historically-black Howard University, and became an African studies instructor at a Washington state college.

Her brother Izaiah was a 10-month-old black child when her parents adopted the boy in June 1994, according to Ruthanne and her husband Larry.

He now lives with Rachel, who has publicly identified her adopted brother as her son.

The Caucasian couple adopted two other African-American kids and a fourth black child from Haiti. The couple also has a biological son.

The parents said their daughter?s actual ethnicity is a mix of German and Swedish on the mom?s side, Czech and German on the dad?s side.

Rachel Dolezal became estranged from her parents around 2007 as she began to adopt her African-American identity.

?That?s when we first starting noticing hostility towards us,? said Ruthanne. ?It was terrible. It was a great grief to us. We had to trust that something down the road would change.

?But what has changed has been alarming and disturbing, because she has become more and more deceptive.?

Spokane officials said Dolezal was under investigation for listing herself as black, white and American Indian on an application for a spot on the Office of Police Ombudsman Commission.

?We are gathering facts to determine if any city policies related to volunteer boards and commissions have been violated,? said a statement from Mayor David Condon and City Council President Ben Stuckart.

She currently chairs the Spokane police oversight commission, and took over in January as head of the NAACP.

The national organization offered its support for the embattled West Coast executive.

?NAACP Spokane Washington Branch President Rachel Dolezal is enduring a legal issue with her family, and we respect her privacy in this matter,? said a statement Friday from the national NAACP.

?One?s racial identity is not a qualifying criteria or disqualifying standard for NAACP leadership.?

Dolezal, in addition to the racial deception, concocted wild stories about her youth that were denied by her biological mom and dad.

She recounted hunting their food with bow and arrow, beatings with a ?baboon whip? and living inside a Montana tepee.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2255743

'I consider myself to be black and I don't give two sh*ts what you think':
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...usy-think.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-13-2015 at 02:53 AM.

NAACP Imposter Sued School Over Race Claims
    Rachel Dolezal alleged she was victim of white discrimination

JUNE 15--The NAACP official who today resigned in the face of evidence that she masqueraded as black once sued Howard University for denying her teaching posts and a scholarship because she was a white woman, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, who headed the NAACP’s Spokane, Washington chapter, sued Howard for discrimination in 2002, the year she graduated from the historically black college with a Master of Fine Arts degree.

Dolezal, then known as Rachel Moore, named the university and Professor Alfred Smith as defendants in a lawsuit filed in Washington, D.C.’s Superior Court. During the pendency of the civil case, Smith was chairman of Howard’s Department of Art.

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal's lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.

The court opinion also noted that Dolezal claimed that the university’s decision to remove some of her artworks from a February 2001 student exhibition was “motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over” her.

As detailed in the court opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit contended that Howard was “permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, and insult.”

Judge Zoe Bush dismissed Dolezal’s complaint in February 2004, 18 months after the lawsuit was filed and Dolezal was deposed on several occasions. Bush found no evidence that Dolezal was discriminated on the basis of race or other factors. The D.C. Court of Appeals subsequently affirmed Bush’s decision.

Following the dismissal of Dolezal’s lawsuit (and the Court of Appeals decision), she was ordered to reimburse Howard for a “Bill of Costs” totaling $2728.50. During the case, she was also ordered to pay the university nearly $1000 in connection with an “obstructive and vexatious” court filing that sought to improperly delay her examination by an independent doctor.

Dolezal’s lawsuit, included “claims for medical and emotional distress damages,” according to a court docket.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...lawsuit-786451

I wish I knew how to post pictures from a phone. SO. MANY. AWESOME. MEMES. LOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I wish I knew how to post pictures from a phone. SO. MANY. AWESOME. MEMES. LOLOLOLOL
    You can save to your phone's camera roll, click 'Go advanced' on here and attach it as a file.

When I go to advanced, it just gives me the box to put a message. It also gives me an option for a title for the post.

Beli - see this picture for what I mean. Click 'Go advanced' and then click on the paperclip to upload an attachment. You don't need to enter a title, but I think you need to enter at least two characters in the text box before it will work. I use it all the time as I phone post mostly these days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Beli - see this picture for what I mean. Click 'Go advanced' and then click on the paperclip to upload an attachment. You don't need to enter a title, but I think you need to enter at least two characters in the text box before it will work. I use it all the time as I phone post mostly these days.
    Ive been wondering the same thing - I followed your instructions but there's still no paperclip, I cant even actually see the picture you've attached. Maybe it depends on the phone.

This lady is unbelievable. Seriously I don't know whether to be disgusted by her or to feel sorry for her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

i heard about this today. really, really shitty that she would claim reverse racism and attempt to take funds away from a school that caters to minority students and then turn around and play minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    {IMG} pictureurl {/IMG}

Ron was the best part, hands down.

It's crazy that she was doing the exact same shit she was apparently fighting against.

doesn't work for me, Liv, but I'm on a computer now, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I wish I could post the one with Hilary Clinton. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I wish I could post the one with Hilary Clinton. Lol
    did you mean the one with elizabeth warren?

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Are people still defending her by saying she's trans racial and not just bat shit crazy?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    did you mean the one with elizabeth warren?

No, there's one with Hilary's face pandering for votes.

I saw that one, queen lol

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    Are people still defending her by saying she's trans racial and not just bat shit crazy?
    Yep.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information