Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clinton Metzger (38) committed suicide by hanging

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    And yet, it wasn't posted in "more information needed". That's usually a pretty large clue. And I am fairly certain you post in about 90% of suicide posts, so your question is nonsensical and immediately made irrelevant, not to mention ignorant and totally dickish.
    Not my fault most of the information needed people kill themselves.

And so I do not get banned for being "off topic" which you all are.
    This man seemed to have a very large and loving family. Whatever
    Demons he had are his own but I hope his daughters and son get
    Proper counciling because children of suicide parents are at a huge risk
    To follow in their footsteps ESPECIALLY when the family tries to cover it up .
    All mentions of how he died yet removed from Facebook pretty quickly By family.
    I get not wanting your family business plastered on Facebook but they need to
    Come together for those other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Not my fault most of the information needed people kill themselves.

And so I do not get banned for being "off topic" which you all are.
    This man seemed to have a very large and loving family. Whatever
    Demons he had are his own but I hope his daughters and son get
    Proper counciling because children of suicide parents are at a huge risk
    To follow in their footsteps ESPECIALLY when the family tries to cover it up .
    All mentions of how he died yet removed from Facebook pretty quickly By family.

I get not wanting your family business plastered on Facebook but they need to
    Come together for those other kids.
    I'm still not sure why you think a family should advertise their relative committed suicide? The family didn't remove anything. I'm still able to see his coded messages...and I still see where people wrote out the what the codes mean.

Anyway....he really seemed like an amazing guy.

Here is from Clinton's work. I thought this was really nice.

Salter Engineering & Surveying
    June 13 at 7:27am ? Fort Worth, TX ?
    It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of one of our surveyors and long time friend Clinton Metzger . He started working for our company in 2005 as a rod-man and in just a few years worked his way up to be a crew chief. He was such a great help to us so many times, and could always be counted on to step up when the work demanded it.
    He was one of a kind, and it will be impossible to replace him. His presence enriched the lives of everyone around him, and he will be missed. Our condolences go out to Clint's family and friends, and we pray for God to send His Holy Spirit to provide them comfort and peace while they go though these sad times.

His brother posted this

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    Stop making sense, there's no room for that kinda shit here.

I luff you.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Oh man, he lived/died on Bob "Hanger" Street.

RIP sir, I wish you could have found the help you were so desperately searching for.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBug View Post
    Oh man, he lived/died on Bob "Hanger" Street.

RIP sir, I wish you could have found the help you were so desperately searching for.
    At least it wasn't "Noose Lane"

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    At least it wasn't "Noose Lane"
    C'mon, guys. Ya gotta do better than that. Don't leave me hangin'.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    C'mon, guys. Ya gotta do better than that. Don't leave me hangin'.
    No.We are NOT doing puns in two threads, damnit!

I am Clint's ex-wife and his son's mother. I'd be happy to answer any questions about his death. My sisters and i figured out most of the 'codes' that he posted the day before his death. Please be respectful though. I know that to some this is just a guy that hung himself but to us it's life changing.

No one is his family is covering anything up. My son was 15 when this happened. He knew that his dad was struggling with addiction and that's why he wasn't allowed to be with his father unsupervised. But Clint had another child. A daughter that was very young. Her mother didnt think that she was old enough to comprehend or know the details of what happened. So she was told that he was mentally ill and died. We supported that decision because it wasn't ours to make. It was her's. No one covered anything up. We have supported one another and our kids are in counseling still. Please don't make assumptions. You have no idea what we've been through as his family.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janarebekah View Post
    I am Clint's ex-wife and his son's mother. I'd be happy to answer any questions about his death. My sisters and i figured out most of the 'codes' that he posted the day before his death. Please be respectful though. I know that to some this is just a guy that hung himself but to us it's life changing.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Most of us here have also lost loved ones to suicide. If we seem to make light of it, it's probably due to it being a coping mechanism. We do take these deaths seriously even if it doesn't appear that way. Many of us believe that discussing the problem is a good thing that may lead to prevention. We even have a thread dedicated to suicide prevention here and I'd like to believe it's helped some people in need.

Thank you so much for being open about it. I hope you've gotten support and help with dealing with his passing. You can share whatever you feel comfortable sharing about him. Good memories, things he loved. Again, very sorry for your loss
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thank you. I met Clint when i was 17. We were in love from the start. I loved him very much. He had struggled with drugs from the beginning, though being from a totally different background, i had no clue until we'd been married for over a year. I know that sounds crazy but I didn't know what to look for. If he was up for days, I didn't know why. We didn't stay married for long. We were very young when we got married. He cheated a lot. I was very hurtful to him when i found out. We were very passionate in love and in anger. It wasn't a good mix. I met my current husband when our son was almost 2yrs old. After we got married Clint still struggled with addiction and different girls coming and going. For the first few years he still saw our son all the time, but as my son got older he stopped calling him dad and began calling my husband dad. (something we never thought we'd allow, but our son said that my husband was his dad every single day and he began to resent his dad's issues). As Clint sunk deeper into depression we saw him less and less. His daughter's mother was able to pull him out for awhile. She got pregnant and it seemed Clint had a purpose again. They didnt marry but she was so good for him. His daughter brought out a side to Clint that I'd thought was gone for good. But again his addictions won out and her mother started to try to protect her daughter the way i had years before. The last day of his life Clint asked if my son could come stay the night, something he hadn't been allowed to do for years. We said no that he couldn't. Throughout the day my conversations with clint grew more and more weird. But that had happened before. I got the call at 3am. I let my son sleep and called his youth pastor and my brother to tell him when he got up the next morning. I would've done anything to take my son's pain, and he's struggled since. But we're okay. My son is angry. If I'm just being honest, I'm angry. I feel like it was a final act of disregard to the lives that he helped create. I hurt for Clint, but I'm also pissed at him.

Thank you

No one is his family is covering anything up. My son was 15 when this happened. He knew that his dad was struggling with addiction and that's why he wasn't allowed to be with his father unsupervised. But Clint had another child. A daughter that was very young. Her mother didnt think that she was old enough to comprehend or know the details of what happened. So she was told that he was mentally ill and died. We supported that decision because it wasn't ours to make. It was her's. No one covered anything up. We have supported one another and our kids are in counseling still. Please don't make assumptions. You have no idea what we've been through as his family.
    So sad. I hope your son is doing better. :(

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

I'm sorry about the disrespectful posts in this thread. I can't imagine the pain that your family is going through. I'm sorry for your loss.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope both his kids are adjusting well.

Hugs. I am so, so sorry for the pain your family is going through, and for the pain your ex-husband felt. And if any of us here sounded flippant about Clint's death, I apologize for that, too.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Yeah I'm Canaan his SON so piss off and don't worry about my sister and I were fine. She knows what actually happened. So go find somewhere to be a bitch & don't ever talk about my family.

Quote Originally Posted by CanaanMetzger View Post
    Yeah I'm Canaan his SON so piss off and don't worry about my sister and I were fine. She knows what actually happened. So go find somewhere to be a bitch & don't ever talk about my family.
    Hey Canaan, we are all very sorry for you loss.

You'll find that we actually do care about what we talk about, we are a community of individuals who have lost our own loved ones etc. This is a place for remembrance and understanding.

I'm glad your sister and you are doing fine, and that you've got such a wonderful family around you

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Thank you. I met Clint when i was 17. We were in love from the start. I loved him very much. He had struggled with drugs from the beginning, though being from a totally different background, i had no clue until we'd been married for over a year. I know that sounds crazy but I didn't know what to look for. If he was up for days, I didn't know why. We didn't stay married for long. We were very young when we got married. He cheated a lot. I was very hurtful to him when i found out. We were very passionate in love and in anger. It wasn't a good mix. I met my current husband when our son was almost 2yrs old. After we got married Clint still struggled with addiction and different girls coming and going. For the first few years he still saw our son all the time, but as my son got older he stopped calling him dad and began calling my husband dad. (something we never thought we'd allow, but our son said that my husband was his dad every single day and he began to resent his dad's issues). As Clint sunk deeper into depression we saw him less and less. His daughter's mother was able to pull him out for awhile. She got pregnant and it seemed Clint had a purpose again. They didnt marry but she was so good for him. His daughter brought out a side to Clint that I'd thought was gone for good. But again his addictions won out and her mother started to try to protect her daughter the way i had years before. The last day of his life Clint asked if my son could come stay the night, something he hadn't been allowed to do for years. We said no that he couldn't. Throughout the day my conversations with clint grew more and more weird. But that had happened before. I got the call at 3am. I let my son sleep and called his youth pastor and my brother to tell him when he got up the next morning. I would've done anything to take my son's pain, and he's struggled since. But we're okay. My son is angry. If I'm just being honest, I'm angry. I feel like it was a final act of disregard to the lives that he helped create. I hurt for Clint, but I'm also pissed at him.
    Thank you for being so open and sharing your story. Believe it or not, my own relationship with my Father isn't much different than your Son's was. I know his anger.
    I know your anger.

No disrespect was meant here. For your own sake, please try to find a healthy way to channel your anger and let it go. If you don't, you may find yourself becoming self destructive without realizing you're doing it. Don't live in the shadow of your Dad's passing and the anger from that. You deserve so much better than that. Scream at me all you want. I don't mind.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Hey, bud. Don't worry. I got you. No one is being ugly. No worries.

Thread Information