Thread: Tiffany Sayre (26) was found dead in a creek six weeks after she was reported missing

Tiffany Sayre (26) was found dead in a creek six weeks after she was reported missing

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...ported_missing

Chillicothe police still are trying to locate 26-year-old Tiffany Sayre, who last was seen May 11.

According to the incident report, one of Sayre's friends was with her the night she disappeared. The woman said Sayre had been at a Bridge Street hotel with some men who were staying there before returning home.

Sayre's friend told police Sayre mentioned returning to the hotel before leaving Sugar Street close to midnight.

Another tip from another friend of Tiffany's led officers to a West Seventh Street Carlisle Crest apartment, where Tiffany's late boyfriend lived. An employee of Carlisle Crest contacted police and said someone had broken into the apartment, which was locked Monday.

Police Capt. Larry Bamfield said a detective has been assigned to the case and county detectives also might become involved. City detectives are looking to interview the men alleged to have been at the hotel, Bamfield said.

"They (police staff) are full-time on this," Bamfield said. "We are doing everything we can to find her."

Sayre's grandmother, Ruth Sayre, said her granddaughter never has been gone this long.

Chief Keith Washburn said the department tracked Sayre's phone and it last was active at 11:34 p.m. May 11 on Marietta Road. The phone company records the department obtained show the phone has not been turned on since then.

Sayre last was seen wearing a pink tank top with jean shorts and pink sandals. She is described as 5 feet, 8 inches and 170 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts can call the Chillicothe Police Department at 740-773-1191.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...ayre/27525373/

Seems like her boyfriend died just before she went missing and she was/is pregnant

I went to my loves funeral today his daughter did a wonderful job her dad would of loved it. He looked so peaceful and finally at piece. I also got to meet his kids and that made me so happy to see them all I felt like I was closer to him. I want his kids to be apart of my life and there unborn brother or sister, because they only way he/she will know him is through them. I want to thank his kids for everything u did. I want you guys to come around call me or anything I just want you there even thou he isn't my love for him isn't stoping and no one will ever take his place. It don't bother me about being alone BC I never will be he will always be with us. So thank you Ally Maynard,Chase,Chance,Dawson, and Cody you are very amazing kids.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004186005518 - the boyfriend

Mr. Garrett Wallace 'Wally' Maynard, 42, of Chillicothe, Ohio, formerly of West Virginia, was born Dec. 13, 1972, at Logan, W.Va., a son of the late Vernon W. and Rhea C. Nelson Maynard. He departed this life Tues., April 28, 2015, at Adena Medical Center at Chillicothe.
    Mr. Maynard was a coal miner, former finance manager at various automotive dealerships, and former all-star athlete at Logan High School, playing both football and basketball, and was on the 1991 State Basketball championship team.
    In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his grandparents, Vernon and Reba Maynard and Elmo Nelson; sister, Misty Maynard, and uncles, Donald Nelson and Garrett Maynard.
    Survivors include his grandmother, Alice Nelson of Lake, W.Va.; children, Ally, Cody, Chance, Chase, and Dawson Maynard, all of Logan; siblings, Breianna Maynard of Chapmanville, and Steve Maynard of Texas, and several uncles, aunts, and cousins.
    Services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Wed., May 6, at Evans Funeral Home and Cremation Services with Rev. P. J. Tomblin officiating. Burial will follow in Douglas Cemetery at Lake.
    Visitation will begin one hour prior to services Wednesday at the funeral home.
    In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to Evans Funeral Home and Cremation Services to assist with burial expenses.
    Evans Funeral Home and Cremation Services at Chapmanville is in charge of arrangements.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/log...?pid=174789669

She didn't get a mention in the obit....

Also, gross especially if she was pregnant

Sayre, Tiffany D., 26, 157 Scioto St., Chillicothe, convicted of possession of drug paraphernalia, a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Dude had a lot of kids. Weird to not get mentioned in the obit

More to that story, I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I was just coming in here to mention the above, RBW. It appears they've an issue in that tiny town. My ex was born and raised there. This is really alarming for a small place like that.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Info on another missing/found deceased woman from Chillicothe - http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ion-is-ongoing

That's the one I have had the most trouble swallowing as suicide, Olivia. Thanks for bringing it over.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

She said Sayre was partially wrapped in a sheet, with duct tape
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...the-woman.html

The list of women they are calling the "Chillicothe women"
    There is now a task force and the FBI on this.

Tiffany Sayre is one of six women from the Chillicothe area who have disappeared in the past 13 months. Three of the six have been found dead in or near different creeks and streams. One of the six was found shot to death, and two are still missing.

27-year-old Charlotte Trego, a mother of two missing from Chillicothe since May 3, 2014, and
    37-year-old Wanda Lemons, a mother of five who disappeared from the city on Nov. 3, 2014.
    Tameka Lynch- May 3, 2014, the same day Trego was last seen alive. The 30-year-old was found dead on May 24, 2014, in a creek roughly 20 miles downstream from where it passes through Chillicothe. The site is not far from where Sayer's body was found on Saturday.
    Shasta Himelrick - was last seen by her family on Christmas Day 2014. Roughly a week later, searchers found her body in the Scioto River, not far from Higby Bridge in southeastern Ross County.
    Timberly Claytor. was found shot to death on May 29, alongside a vacant building off Trego Creek Road in Massieville, a small town located about five miles south of Chillicothe.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-24-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...the-woman.html

The list of women they are calling the "Chillicothe women"
    There is now a task force and the FBI on this.
    Always a swell feeling when there is a potential serial killer in the state you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Always a swell feeling when there is a potential serial killer in the state you live in.
    Maybe the smiley face killer moved and now kills young women?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I think as a male, you're safe....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

The FBI BAU estimates that at any given time, there are over 100 active serial killers in the US, which means odds are your state has at least 2 anyway.

TIFFANY Sayre went missing on May 11 at around midnight. She was last seen leaving a local hotel for her grandmother?s house.

Last Saturday, her body was found in a drainage pipe, tied up with duct tape and wrapped in a white blanket.

The 26-year-old is the sixth woman to go missing in the small city of Chillicothe, Ohio, in just over a year. There are alarming similarities in their stories.

Most were drug addicts, and many worked as prostitutes to fund their habits ? some were even friends. Four of them have now been found dead, dumped in creeks or streams near the town. The discovery of Tiffany?s body appears to confirm the belief that a serial killer is on the loose.

Charlotte Trego, 27, was the first to vanish. She was last seen my her mother on May 3 last year. The mother of two had become hooked on painkillers and graduated to heroin, the Colombus Dispatch reported.

She was last seen on a gas station?s CCTV after leaving her grandmother?s house. Hours later, her abandoned car was found on a bridge south of town, with open doors, an empty tank and a flat battery. Her body turned up eight days later.

The coroner ruled her death a suicide, but Himelrick?s friends are convinced it was murder, The Washington Post reported.

Much like the others, mother of two Tiffany disappeared when she was out working to fund her habit.

Her death has made the terrible pattern undeniable. The FBI is now assisting with the investigation into the six women, with the possibility of expanding it to three more women missing from nearby Portsmouth and Columbus.
    While Tiffany?s family were searching for her, the body of another woman, Timberly Clayton, was found in a ditch near another creek, shot in the head three times.

?These girls all knew the same people,? Megan?s sister-in-law, Kadie Lancaster, told The Huffington Post. ?I think it?s possible these and other cases, as far off as Michigan, are all connected.?

As the story has become world news, locals are certain a serial killer is running amok in the poverty-stricken city.

Townsfolk in the blighted Chillicothe, population 23,000, last month marched for the women, whose faces have become a familiar sight on social media and on telegraph poles around the city.

They can only hope the perpetrator is found before another dead woman washes up in a creek.

The police response gives a clue to how this spate of disappearances have gone largely unremarked for so long. ?The cop said, ?Women like your daughter take off because they don?t want to be bothered,?? Charlotte?s mother, Yvonne Boggs, told The Huffington Post.

?It was like they looked into it up to a certain point and then quit looking.?

This was especially strange because on the very same day, her friend Tameka Lynch, 30, went missing.

Tameka was also using drugs, after being diagnosed with lupus and losing her home. Just like Tiffany, the mother of three worked as a prostitute and went missing at around midnight.

Tameka was found just three weeks after her disappearance, when a kayaker spotted her body on a sandbar in Paint Creek outside town. The coroner?s office said she had died of a multiple-drug overdose.

On November 3, 2014, 37-year-old Wanda Lemons became the third to vanish out of thin air. Just two months after the mother of five disappeared, the body of 20-year-old Shasta Himelrick was found in the Scioto River just out of town, the Chillicothe Gazette reported. She too had battled with addiction, but had been doing better since she found out she was pregnant a month earlier, friends said.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...-1227414038395

Worst Scared Straight program ever!

Just got done watching the first part of The Vanishing Women. It focused mostly on Tiffany. Apparently she met a veteran who signed her up for rehab, but he subsequently died from a blood clot as a result of an injury he got while serving in the war. She went missing 6 days after he died.

I haven't heard much about the Timberly person that was found while they were looking for Tiffany.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Just got done watching the first part of The Vanishing Women. It focused mostly on Tiffany. Apparently she met a veteran who signed her up for rehab, but he subsequently died from a blood clot as a result of an injury he got while serving in the war. She went missing 6 days after he died.

I haven't heard much about the Timberly person that was found while they were looking for Tiffany.
    I'm watching this too. Looks super interesting. The hubby is getting in to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm watching this too. Looks super interesting. The hubby is getting in to it as well.
    Do you think the chick that claims to be her BFF is lying?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Do you think the chick that claims to be her BFF is lying?
    Yes. First, I don't think she's her BFF. Not at all. And I don't know if she knows exactly what happened to her or was present when it happened, but she definitely knows more than what she's saying.

I'm still watching The Vanishing Women and I saw that the coroner listed her caused of death as "homicidal violence" not multiple drug intoxication. So she was indeed murdered.

I'm still watching The Vanishing Women and I saw that the coroner listed her caused of death as "homicidal violence" not multiple drug intoxication. So she was indeed murdered.
    Yep. I guarantee they're all connected. They keep pushing the human trafficking angle, but I really think it's a serial killer.

SEARCH THE SITE
    74?
    Missing Women From Three Different Counties Attended The Same Rehab Center
    http://nbc4i.com/2015/06/05/missing-...-rehab-center/

Hmmm

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...one/420251001/

Two years ago this week, a woman's body was found wrapped up in a tarp and discarded in a culvert off Cave Road near the Ross and Highland county line.

Officials later said the badly decomposed remains were 26-year-old Tiffany Sayre who had been reported missing on May 11, 2015, but her mother and aunt have been fighting for something more than words - tangible proof the woman put to rest is who they say she is.

Samantha Sayre, Tiffany's aunt, describes the past two years as a living nightmare as they seek closure about the woman they buried.

"They are fighting us on everything," said Samantha. "If you're for sure 100 percent that it's her, then why don't you give us everything we deserve? Why are you fighting us if it was her?"

The latest fight is for the lab report from the DNA testing this year comparing DNA from the body to samples collected from Tiffany's parents. Officials say the test confirmed again the body is Tiffany - the first confirmation came from fingerprints - but the Ohio Attorney General's Office won't give the family the lab report.

"I can't even go back to the plot where we laid her to rest ... Every day I drive by there and I say 'I love you' to my dad but when I go to say 'I love you' to my niece, I can't because, in my gut, it's telling me it's not her. And I've not believed it since day one," Samantha said. "Until I get these DNA results and have them professionally read by someone out of state, whatever it takes for me to go say goodbye to her. I need that closure."

Samantha has always doubted whether the body found was her niece. In January 2016, she voiced her doubt to the Gazette, saying "There's too many loose ends to the story."

Nothing has really changed for her since, especially as details shared with the family have changed at times during the past 24 months, some details don't seem to match up, and they've had to fight every step of the way to get records.

The first frustrations came in getting a copy of the autopsy.

The initial requests by the family were made before a cause of death was issued by Highland County Coroner Dr. Jeff Beery. Until the cause and manner of death are decided, the report remains an investigative work product protected by the public records law and it prevents the issuance of a death certificate families need to settle affairs.

The autopsy report and Beery's notes indicate he was prepared to hand over the autopsy and toxicology report - completed on Sept. 22, 2015 - to family by November 2015, but was halted by Ross County Sheriff's Office Col. T.J. Hollis who has served as spokesman for the task force investigating Sayre's murder along with other missing women cases.

Hollis had concerns because the task force didn't want it known yet that "there were no signs of violence on the body" and there was "presence of intoxicants." Photos of the body also hadn't yet been sent for review by a forensic farm in Tennessee in an effort to establish time of death. There's no indication in the autopsy or Beery's notes whether those photos were ever sent or what was or wasn't determined.

In December 2015 - six months after the body was found - Ohio's vital statistics department began questioning why no determination had been made. On Jan. 15, 2016, Beery made his ruling that while a cause of death could not be determined, the manner of death was homicidal violence.

"This case was clearly a homicide from the beginning," Beery recently told the Gazette.

Although the autopsy records could have been released at that time, the family didn't receive them until another formal request was made in August 2016 by an attorney.

Last summer, the Sayres began talking with Radical Media which is producing the upcoming docuseries "Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio." According to Samantha, Radical Media arranged for them to be represented at no cost to the Sayres by Courtney Kinter, an attorney out of West Chester.

With her help, they were able to arrange a meeting to see one picture from the autopsy - a tattoo of the name "Joseph." When they saw it, Samantha said she and her mother Ruth Sayre instantly doubted it was Tiffany's. Samantha said the lettering looked wrong, it had too much color, and was "too perfect."

"It was not an actual photo. It was on a computer. Anybody could go in Google it, put his name up there, make your own tattoo and say, 'Ha, there you go,'" Samantha said. "I'm not dumb. Sorry, I didn't believe it."

Identity confirmed?

Officials have no questions about the identity of the body found on June 20, 2015. The first indication the body - too badly decomposed for a visual confirmation - was Tiffany came that day when Beery recalled a Ross County Sheriff's detective having a conversation with who he believed was Tiffany's grandmother.

They described the clothes found - a pair of Daisy Duke style shorts and a women's shirt "split cleanly" - and was told it matched what Tiffany may have been wearing, Beery said. Samantha and Connie said their mother claims she never confirmed anything but it's unclear from the records they have who the detective spoke to.

Beery's notes indicate state investigators didn't think they could get good fingerprints from the body at the scene but may be able to after the body had cooled at the morgue. According to Beery, decomposition causes the skin to warm and slip, making it fragile. However, once the skin cools, the proteins become firm again, making it more stable to handle the body and obtain fingerprints.

The autopsy was performed in Montgomery County on June 21, 2015, where the report reads they were able to obtain fingerprints and they matched those on record for Tiffany.

Samantha can't fathom how they obtained fingerprints. Once the body arrived at Ware Funeral Home, she insisted they let her see the body despite their advice not to due to the decomposition.

"What we saw, I don't understand how they got fingerprints. I don't understand why they didn't do no DNA (test)," Samantha said.

When Ruth and Samantha said the tattoo in the picture wasn't Tiffany's, state investigators agreed to do a DNA test and collected samples from Connie and, according to records, from Tiffany's father Thomas Kuhn.

The next day, Connie said she received a call from an unknown male claiming the sample had been lost, but they've never been able to determine who made the call. Connie said a state investigator she talked to claimed nothing was lost and he'd delivered the samples himself to the lab in London.

In March, Connie was contacted by state investigators by phone saying the lab comparison of their DNA to that from the body confirmed the identity as Tiffany.

When they asked for something in writing - a copy of the lab's report - they were promised a letter.

"I said I don't want that letter. I want the actual DNA test results done," Samantha said.

Kinter requested the DNA lab report in April, writing that the report "would unequivocally confirm the identity of Tiffany and would contribute significantly to the family's healing process. It remains unclear as to why this family has been denied relief when it seems to be something so easy to provide."

The request was rejected in a May 11 letter due to the open investigation. Ohio Attorney General's Office spokeswoman Jill Del Greco told the Gazette they don't close portions of a case, such as identification of a victim, and the lab report confirming the identity is part of the open homicide investigation.

The letter promised to the Sayres was sent June 7 - months after it was first promised. Del Greco said this may have been the first time a family has ever requested DNA results in writing, adding they usually only verbally confirm results with family.

"The time was necessary due to the ad hoc nature of the letter, the sensitivity surrounding the contents of the letter, and the ongoing investigation," Del Greco said.

Chillicothe Police Chief Keith Washburn confirmed the investigation is "still very much open and being investigated."

"From all evidence that I've seen and all meetings I've attended with those working on the case, (the body found is) Tiffany Sayre," Washburn said. "I haven't see anything to the contrary."

A suit for the report is an option being discussed, but not yet pursued. Samantha said they also have talked about exhuming the body to do their own testing as a last resort to find closure for the whole family, especially Tiffany's children who are 5 and 8 years old.

"It's a big hassle to go through but I have to have closure," Samantha said. "Our whole family has been through a living nightmare and I just hope no other family has to go through what we went through. Everything we have asked for is public record."

Wow! I wonder why the family thinks LE is lying about the body being Tiffany's?

I'm going to assume denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

You'd think it would make it easy for them that all the girls knew each other. So they all prob knew the killer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I'm going to assume denial.
    Amen. Between getting the news about one of my siblings being killed and receiving the confirmation on the phone from the corner, my brain did not want to believe it and I kept telling myself he would call or walk through the door. My brain was in total denial and for me that call was my closure. This family has not got that closure yet, especially if they are being dicked around by the authorities. How hard would it be to provide the DNA tests to the family?

Thread Information