Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman, 24, found pushing her DEAD three-year-old son in a swing at park... and police say she may have been there all night.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I'm sure she is currently having a hard time with it, and it's being exacerbated by the media attention.
    I don't doubt that one bit. I wasn't saying she is not currently having a hard time with it at all

Obviously you aren't familiar with America's stellar mental health department or our attitude/lack of sympathy for the mentally ill. They're degraded, mocked, fired from jobs, exiled. The solution is generally 'drug the shit out of them!' so that they're essentially sedated zombies. It's no surprise when especially intelligent overachievers are hesitant to seek help for mental illness.
    Exactly. Folks with high IQ's are deemed in our society to have a "gift" and that means that they do not need any help with anything, ever.

Incidentally, the entire notion that this woman had a high IQ or was 'gifted' was entirely fictionalized and gleaned off the fact that her Facebook friends aren't gibbering idiots.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Incidentally, the entire notion that this woman had a high IQ or was 'gifted' was entirely fictionalized and gleaned off the fact that her Facebook friends aren't gibbering idiots.
    I'm telling you, that's a big deal nowadays. I'm guessing you don't frequent comment sections.

It's fucking stupid out there. Bring a dumbrella.

ETA: Hell, we've seen that stupidity firsthand on like 90% of pages.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Again, I never suggested she has some sort of ridiculously high IQ or is gifted - I never even considered that. I said intelligent & well-educated & I said IF - "IF she is". With "intelligent" being relative to what we frequently see here ie all I meant was not a gibbering idiot - because generally people tend associate with people they can relate to. I even explained I meant high-functioning in a special ed sense but I guess I need to spell it out so ie an IQ of over 70

& for the record I've been treated for severe depression, nothing this terrible happened while I was untreated but later I certainly experienced extreme regret for some things that happened that otherwise never would've.

I get it when my post is o/t to begin with but I really don't get the level of annoyance this time or why my posts are annoying &/or stupid so often now, when as far as I know I'm not doing anything differently than I always have.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-27-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Again, I never suggested she has some sort of ridiculously high IQ or is gifted - I never even considered that. I said intelligent & well-educated & I said IF - "IF she is". With "intelligent" being relative to what we frequently see here ie all I meant was not a gibbering idiot - because generally people tend associate with people they can relate to. I even explained I meant high-functioning in a special ed sense but I guess I need to spell it out so ie an IQ of over 70

& for the record I've been treated for severe depression, nothing this terrible happened while I was untreated but later I certainly experienced extreme regret for some things that happened that otherwise never would've.

I get it when my post is o/t to begin with but I really don't get the level of annoyance this time or why my posts are annoying &/or stupid so often now, when as far as I know I'm not doing anything differently than I always have.
    Calm down, I just think you were kind of exaggerating in response to a tiny case we know nothing about.

dumbrella!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post

I got what you menat. You're fine. :)
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    dumbrella!!!
    Have you ever seen the hate mail?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    I got what you menat. You're fine. :)
    MEANT not menat. If you get what I menat. LOL
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

One of the only things that comes up on her Facebook page is this. It always weirds me out when people 'like' tragic stuff on Facebook and in this situation, even more so.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Dbl....trigger happy?
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 05-28-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I never quite felt comfortable with the "liking" of depressing statuses anyway. It's weird.

I wanna kill myself
    38 people like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I think 'liking' someone's post can mean different things...like being able to relate eg. I wanna kill myself...'like' as in 'yeah I can relate to that' :) But sometimes I 'like' different things simply so I can be kept updated (ie. to see if they actually killed themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I never quite felt comfortable with the "liking" of depressing statuses anyway. It's weird.

I wanna kill myself
    38 people like this.
    I've liked status's like this that people I hate alot for spite. Not exactly proud of it, but I've definitely done it

I've liked comments that people made saying they were ugly for attention...and then I make a comment. I'm not a nice person, sometimes.

but yeah, if I relate to a horrible status and I like it, I explain my like most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Instead of "liking", I will usually comment *dislike*. If someone annoys me with attention whoring dramatic posts or vaguebooking, I will usually just ignore it completely.

Usually when people are liking stuff like that it's just because they're trying to track or follow the story.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Usually when people are liking stuff like that it's just because they're trying to track or follow the story.
    Fair Point!

can't you just click subscribe?

Can't you only subscribe to people on FB, not individual status' or posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Can't you only subscribe to people on FB, not individual status' or posts?
    no. you click the little down arrow t the top of the post and click 'turn on notifications'.

no. you click the little down arrow t the top of the post and click 'turn on notifications'.
    I get too many stupid notifications as it is. It's easier to just look back at a post you liked than to have to go through a list of notifications to find what your looking for.

I imagine a lot of people don't know that you can do that. I am in a few fairly large Facebook groups, and many people are not very..... tech savvy.

fb is hard for some people...my husband and mom ask me shit all the freaking time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Thread Information